[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>don't pay attention to #fe because crossover idea sounds
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40
File: kiria2.jpg (346 KB, 850x478) Image search: [Google]
kiria2.jpg
346 KB, 850x478
>don't pay attention to #fe because crossover idea sounds dumb and no wii u anyway
>watch KOWASHITAI because it's getting memed so hard
>instantly love kiria's character design
>find out it's censored
>lose interest
anyone else know this feel?
>>
File: 1450852220670.jpg (128 KB, 957x1382) Image search: [Google]
1450852220670.jpg
128 KB, 957x1382
Can we please start banning these threads.

If you care that much import a wii u and the game. You are an entitled baby.
>>
>>321199204
Fuck off, reddit.
>>
>>321199204
This, I wish goobers would stay on their little special board.

Wii is a fucking console for children, how is it news that something is getting censored there?
>>
>>321199017
You weren't going to buy it anyway.
>>
>>321199204
>I have no argument, better scream entitlement!

You are just like the EA shills when ME3 came out. Fuck off.

Also this change is in the jap version.

Also we shouldn't have to learn a new fucking language just to play our games unmolested.
>>
So when was it confrimed that it was censored?

Can we actually confirm it's censored with actual sources before we start getting those pitchforks lit up?
>>
>>321199017
When will this meme end? Game's not even out yet.
>>
>>321199017
As an Atlus fan i really couldn't care less.

oh no they censored some lewd outfit for a kid's console fucking whatever.
>>
>>321199480
Were you one of the people who endlessly cried about not being able to see a 13 year old in a bikini too?

In the end that change didn't actually effect the game's quality in any way shape or form. This won't either, there will be just as slutty outfits for your waifus to wear don't worry.
>>
>>321199514
One of the characters had their designed changed. There is absolutely no information yet regarding why it was changed.
>>
the game was mostly concept stuff when it was shown. It wasn't censored, they changed the designs.
>>
>>321199017
this design is tasteless shit anyway, not that the new one is much better though
>>
>>321199017
It's not censored, the game has already been confirmed to have cleavage, panty shots, etc.

It was changed because it fits with Japan's view of Idols, they're not meant to be skimpy as fuck on stage. It's a design choice change, besides why would Japan change it for their own version when they don't have to?
>>
>>321199664
Fuck off, censorship is censorship and that shit is inherently wrong. It's not about waifus. I don't even like really skimpy shit. Go shill elsewhere.
>>
>>321199017
No because i'm not autistic.
>>
>>321200029
But you don't understand what censorship is. You just like that word because it makes your whining sound important and political.
>>
>>321200029
>It's not about waifus. I don't even like really skimpy shit.
The mere fact that you even have a passing interest in this game confirms that fact that you do indeed care about slutty outfits being censored in your japanese anime video games. Bet you're importing DOAX3 day one as well.
>>
>>321199351
I was interested though, which might have led to a purchase later in time. I can't be the only one like this either.

>>321199514
was it not confirmed by nips streaming review copies?

>>321199974
the censored design sucks though and the old one wasn't even any worse than some other outfits worn by other fictional idols
>>
>>321200260
and the fact that you took the time to type out a reply and fill out the craptcha instead of just hiding the thread confirms that you actually support censorship
>>
>>321200184
This, it makes it hard to take you faggots seriously when there actually is censorship when you claim every single localization change or even just mid-development change to be censorship. If you want to keep ruining your own position go for it I guess.
>>
>>321200184
>Trying to alter the definition to justify your censorship
Censorship apologists are the worst.

>>321200260
Yes, I care about slutty outfits being censored. I care about ANYTHING being censored. But I don't particularly enjoy skimpy outfits. Cute clothes are more my fetish, anon. Why is it so hard to understand this?
>>
Censorship is officially buzzword-tier and has lost all meaning.
>>
>>321200552
Listen, faggot.

There was no need to change a goddamn thing in any localization of any game.

The very act is censorship. The localization team, a third party, is taking a finished work and changing it because it offends someone's sensibilities. Why is this so hard to understand?
>>
>>321201035
>translating something to English is censorship

Keep digging that hole.
>>
>>321201035
Cool story but it doesn't apply to this case at all which is exactly what I'm talking about. #FE isn't out in Japan yet. Are devs not allowed to change anything mid-development ?
>>
>>321201246
>Translating a Japanese script into English is the same as outright changing the script or changing content!
Keep being retarded.
>>
>>321200287
>was it not confirmed by nips streaming review copies?
It wasn't, actually. One person on /v/ completely made it up.
>>
>>321201372
even if we entertain the idea that they didn't censor it because of some outside concern, the fact remains that the new design is objectively worse than the old one.
>>
>>321201551
I disagree. Vag zipper is tastless garbage.
>>
>>321201372
I'm not attacking FE, I'm attacking the shitty statement that we should import and learn a whole language just to get an unmolested game.
>>
File: moving-the-goalposts-300x2402.jpg (28 KB, 300x240) Image search: [Google]
moving-the-goalposts-300x2402.jpg
28 KB, 300x240
>>321201551
>>
>>321199204
That's not exactly a reasonable solution. It's just the one he has if he wants the old design.
>>
>>321199204
>Import the game
Look at this dumbass trying to make sense of something he doesn't understand. If you paid attention you'd know the censorship is IN the import. That's right. They havent even gotten around to dissecting the NA release.
>>
>>321199017

>tfw I want to play #FE
>don't want to buy a Wii U
>>
>>321201596
old design had objectively better lines and color balance. the censored version has too much black now and her bottom half is all one solid color.
>>
>>321201653
Not him but it's basically the only solution you have anymore, since localization companies almost never not self-censor now.
>>
File: 2015-12-23 00-59-33.jpg (454 KB, 1311x1063) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-23 00-59-33.jpg
454 KB, 1311x1063
>>321199017
do you faggots complain about everything
>>
>>321201487
>Translating a Japanese script into English is the same as outright changing the script or changing content!
It is, actually. You cannot keep every single word intact when translating to another language, especially Japanese to English.
>>
>>321202016
Same.

Maybe when ever a Wii U emulator comes out. Might be a while. Im sure by the time that's out, Ima lose interest tho.
>>
>>321202106
When you're shown one thing then get another, chances are people are going to complain. It's not rocket science, no matter how small the changes may be.
>>
So, is censorship is the word that /v/ ran into the ground this year?
>>
>>321202143
>Nitpicking this hard
You can still leave in every line, every detail, every idea.

Just because you have to get a tiny bit creative in translation doesn't mean you get to remove entire parts of the script. It's not the same.
>>
>>321199319
>fatal frame is censored.
>rated m
Okay senpai
>>
File: costanzafortheblind.jpg (54 KB, 487x469) Image search: [Google]
costanzafortheblind.jpg
54 KB, 487x469
>>321199017
Except it isn't censored you fucking autistic conservatard, also the new design is better because it isn't as ridiculous and I'm glad they changed it
Can't wait for all the (You)s
>>321201035
Listen, faggot, you only make these threads so you can bitch about titties and pretend you actually care about real censorship when you fucking don't
Giving a character pants instead of garters before release isn't censorship, it's their artistic choice and if you disrespect their choice to put her in pants instead of garters, guess what, you're censoring them
Nice job idiot
>>
>>321202634
>the new design is better
except it's not, as explained here
>>321202042
>>
>>321202143
besides puns and word-play you can convey almost everything exactly the same way, you usually just have to convey it in a different way that sends the same messages.

Puns and wordplay have to replaced to fit whatever english ones you can think of that fit the situation.
>>
>>321199017
>lose interest in thing you don't care about
Also
>its censorship because it was changed
>>
>>321202634
Where have I said a goddamn thing about FE? I didn't make this thread, I only passed by to see you faggots defending localization changes.

Which are not choices by the original artists.

Fuck off.
>>
>>321199204
Fucking retards. What should be banned are obvious redditor cancer like you
>>
File: 1450148252255.gif (982 KB, 320x287) Image search: [Google]
1450148252255.gif
982 KB, 320x287
>they put pants on a character
>before the game came out
>in the japanese version
>"me no like game, how can i jerk off to my $60 game now?"

Jesus.
>>
>>321202775
I disagree
>>
>>321199514
Apparently changing a costume while the game's in development is censorship, and of course that's the case because the character's a woman.
>>
>>321202959
That's not true though, this was a choice made by the developer for Japan, it's not a localization change
Maybe if you'd actually pay attention for once you braindead mong
>>
>>321202959
ah, the old "WOW dont pin that on ME im SOMEONE ELSE i just POPPED IN on this conversation with NO CONTEXT and YOURE THE IDIOT for assuming this was some kind of CONVERSATION fuck OFF"
>>
It was censored? That's too bad. What's the new one look like?
>>
There is so much fucking lewd in this game, all you see on chat is people complaining about it

A pair of zipper panties being removed from an early trailer is not the fucking end of the world you fucking sad sacks of shit
>>
>>321202042
>objectively better
Fuck off shitposter.
>>
>>321199017
This was the Japanese's idea, not NoA's. They actually thought it was better.
>>
>>321202413
Yes, and the reason people are complaining so much over this change is because they're trying to turn it into a political issue so they can tie it in to their crusade against SJWs even though it is entirely unrelated.
If this change happened a few years ago before all of this censorship shitposting started nobody would have cared.
>>
>>321203158
>>321203270
My first post in this thread was >>321199480 replying to >>321199204
>If you care that much import a wii u and the game
>import

>Also we shouldn't have to learn a new fucking language just to play our games unmolested

You faggots already brought up localization through your ignorance. Fuck off.
>>
Character design and costume design isn't the same thing.
>>
>>321203830
wasn't me
>>
I literally do not care about the change since the Japs don't get a better game.

I'm only salty when they release incomplete games in the West but complete ones in the East.

If everybody gets the Amish version I'm much better with it.
>>
>>321199017
Personally I like that she looks less like a stripper then a musical performer.
I personally hate those half time shows and concerts where the singer is half fucking naked. Just feels as if they know their song is forgettable and the their only way to make people remember it is that they may have saw a nipple or some muff during the performance.

You don't see bands come out to play in thongs do you?
>>
>>321200287
>was it not confirmed by nips streaming review copies?

No.

/v/ just jumped to conclusions, as usual.
>>
>>321204007
Okay anon, then I want to ask why you personally are defending censorship in localization.

Nothing to do with FE. Just localization. Maybe we can have a half civil discussion, or something.
>>
>>321199017
>censored
Not quite. It was an in-house design change prior to release. Nothing you see in trailers is guaranteed to be unchanged upon release, so I don't know why you're so bothered about this.

This is honestly a kneejerk reaction from people if I've ever seen one. They either felt that the design didn't work as well as they thought when they originally made it, or they perceived that it might lead to marketing difficulties. Either way, self-censorship before the final product is even released isn't any kind of censorship at all. It's a pity to some people sure, but it's nowhere even in the same galaxy as any other recent examples of legitimate censorship.

>>321199204
Importing will change nothing.
>>
>>321203065
on what basis? not only does the censored version have inferior aesthetics, it's more impractical because now she has to take off like 4 things to pee.
>>
>>321204332
>Not quite
I don't mind the change but it is censorship.

They self-censored because of the provocative nature of it.

Let's not get on a ridiculous tangent about it. It literally is censorship but it's also not a big deal in this case.
>>
>>321204321
it's really trashy and stupid and isn't even a localization change
I'm glad they changed her because maybe I can take her seriously and not laugh hysterically every time her ridiculous outfit comes on screen
>>
>>321204491
>Let's not get on a ridiculous tangent about it.

too late for that.
>>
Eh. The only reason why I'm even interested in Kiria is because of Nanjou, and if we don't get dual audio then I really couldn't give a fuck about her.
On the other hand, Tsubasa ended up being a lot cuter than I though she would be. I'm actually liking her a lot.
>That whole gravure training with her and Itsuki
>>
>>321204563
Well let's stop the existing tangent then.
>>
Is any design change from the original draft a case of censorship now?
>>
>>321204679
as far as /v/ is concerned, it is.
>>
>>321204523
>Bringing up FE
I literally said this has nothing to do with FE. This FE is nowhere close to localization yet. I'm asking why you'd defend changes in a game that IS localized.

And I feel you, anon. I think really skimpy shit is trashy, too. Doesn't mean I approve of censoring it.
>>
>>321204639
Why are you even asking us? You know damn well Ruggarell will be posting these threads for at least a year, him and his tiny tiny penis
>>
>>321204679
Yes

I hated when they censored this game by removing all the SMT and most of the Fire Emblem characters that appeared in the original trailer.
>>
I'm angrier about this game than I am about the Islamic State
>>
File: image.png (188 KB, 600x665) Image search: [Google]
image.png
188 KB, 600x665
Get those bingo cards ready boys
>>
>>321204679
Not for me.

It's censorship if they supress or remove something because of potential for controversy, which is definitely what's happening with that outfit.

It's not a huge deal but it is actually censorship.
>>
We back?
We back.
>>
Spitroasting Kiria!
>>
>its only censorship if treehouse does it
>>
This censorship meme has gone on for too long.

I wish another mass ban happened like when they exiled goober gators.
>>
>>321199017
Boy this sure sounds like something that never happened
>>
They did a collaboration with an all ages mobile music game and created a version of that outfit with pants. They liked it so much it was put in the main game, which is still under development.
>>
File: 1445294100974.png (104 KB, 1585x1527) Image search: [Google]
1445294100974.png
104 KB, 1585x1527
>>321199017
You have some proof of this?
Better do you have a proof that you own a fucking WiiU?

If not you can fuck off.
>>
>>321205203
>which is still under development.
It comes out in 3 days you fucking retard
>>
>>321204332
its never censorship, when companies like nis import a game they censor it before releasing it, its not like some random authority stop their game or change it. It's the modern censorship, the kind of ''stop hitting yourself'' censorship
>>
>censored
Can we please put this on a wordfilter? It's become one of the worst buzzwords to hit /v/ in a while, which is really saying something.

But anyway, there's a reason it's been altered. Nintendo and Atlus partnered with the Avex Group to produce the music in this game, and as part of those terms, Avex owns the rights to all the music. As part of the promotion for the game, Avex is featuring GI#FE music on their karaoke machines (which are the majority of karaoke machines sold to Japanese establishments), and airing commercials promoting this both on the karaoke machines and on TV. They felt that the zipper panties weren't appropriate for a massive ad campaign like this, so they made Atlus produce a version of this cutscene where Kiria is wearing pants instead.

All of the other risque shit in the game, like the swimsuits and jiggle physics, is 100% intact. They just altered the outfit for this cutscene because Avex wanted to use it for widely-distributed commercials, and since Avex has a lot of power over the project, Atlus wasn't exactly in a position to say no. It isn't some case of "pandering to the SJWs" or "feminist censorship" or whatever, it was a purely commercial decision.
>>
>>321205331
And?
>>
>>321205736
It's not under development? Obviously? Christ, are you braindead?
>>
File: 1435025342060.png (101 KB, 207x308) Image search: [Google]
1435025342060.png
101 KB, 207x308
>>321199017
>dumb looking BDSM outfit on generic anime school girl/pop idol #234839743
>"instantly love her character design"
>>
>>321205924
And that means they cannot change before releasing the game?
>>
>>321205972
Of course not. Any change to a character design at all is BUTCHERING THE CONTENT SO I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO PAY AND IM PIRATING IT ANYWAYS.
>>
>>321205972
The game has already shipped retard, holy fuck you're stupid. They're done developing it.
>>
>>321199017

>only wanted to play a game for muh weeb boner

Can you fuck off somewhere?
>>
>>321199017

no this shit game never looked interesting
>>
saying its not censorship because it was changed in development is like when an employee leaves his job by himself officially but was technically fired
>>
>>321205627
>it was a purely commercial decision
... to censor the game and pander to SJWs. Yes.
>>
>>321206048
Are you trying to annoy me
>>
>>321206047
And this is why you're retarded, you think the change happened last week or something? They did it months ago but you'ree now bitching about censorship when something was changed while it was being developed
>>
>>321206135
It is absolutely nothing like that, shitposter.
>>
>>321206135
Laura Croft wasn't supposed to have big boobs but one of the male developers as a joke made her chest huge and no one on the all male staff thought to change it back.

That's the same kind of butchering going on here.
>>
Anyone else getting tired of censor threads?

Like we're just having them for the sake of it at this point.
>>
>censorship apologia everywhere
>millennials think their right to be comfortable and not offended supersedes everything
>already laws on the books to stop legit harassment/threats/defamation but they want hurt feelings to be illegal too
I'm beyond disappointed. The only correct answer to "should it be censored/banned?" is always a resounding no.

We are talking about fictional creations, not actual people being harmed. When it comes to fiction nothing should ever be censored, pressured into self-censorship or silenced. Period. It's not fucking real. ITS NOT FUCKING REAL.
>>
>>321206223
And what makes you believe this game will be localized? There has been no news about that for a whole fucking year, america has show that it cannot have nice things or it will chimp out like you're doing right now
>>
>>321199514
>>321200287
>>321201505
>>321204243
>>321205275
>>321205132
I watched the Hamayama stream on twitch last night, he made it past that part and showed the cutscene, it's censored. Check his stream archive if you don't believe me

twitch tv / hamayama
>>
>>321206429
That has nothing to do with this thread since #FE was not censored.
>>
>>321206281
in case like that it is, they change it because nintendo want it to be changed, not because it was the original artistic view of the creators

in house censorship doesnt exist because we don't know about it officially, like the konami disaster with kojima
>>
>>321206429
Its funny because it was change while in development and they did not ask anyone about their opion on the matter if it was offensive or not, you're the only one throwing a childish tantrum
>>
>>321199204
>please protect me from other people opinions because I don't want to see them anymore

Why do you think you deserve a safespace on 4chan of all places? If you want to discuss this game and the people who are willing to discuss it with you are infuriated that it's censored you should stop discussing it with people here.
>>
>>321206269
I have no idea what the fuck you're talking about now, I'm not even talking about censorship you dense fuck, you're the one who implied they could still make changes in the three fucking days until the game comes out.
>>
File: 1306461202664.jpg (26 KB, 358x449) Image search: [Google]
1306461202664.jpg
26 KB, 358x449
>another thread where weebs pretend an imaginary ESS-JAY-DOULBEYEW boogieman is trying to take away all of our precious anime titties and that it's on the same level as an oppressive dictatorship taking fundamental human rights away from its citizens
Boy, I can't wait for this meme to pass and you fucking idiots latch onto another buzzword that's hopefully not as obnoxious and terrible.
>>
>>321206556
>in case like that it is, they change it because nintendo want it to be changed, not because it was the original artistic view of the creators
There is no evidence that this is what happened.
>>
>>321206539
like i'm going to sift through that ten hour stream again, how far in did it happen?
>>
>>321206321
I think they're subsiding but unfortunately it takes just one person to make a post. It's probably a handful of people making boner rage posts in a circle jerk and those of us who reply to stale bait. This thread won't even break 100 unique IPs, maybe not even 75
>>
>ITT: people who don't care about artistic originality
I bet you people are whiteys who wants to culturally correct everyone.
>>
>>321206440
What makes you think I'm American?

Anyway both US and European releases have been announced.
>>
>>321206580
>the people who are willing to discuss it with you are infuriated that it's censored
This isn't what is happening, though. Most people in this thread have no interest in the game whatsoever. The previous thread had significantly less shitposting and plenty of game discussion because it didn't start with censorship bait.
>>
File: 1444667476656.jpg (33 KB, 316x314) Image search: [Google]
1444667476656.jpg
33 KB, 316x314
>>321206775
>anime fanservice made to pander to japanese otaku and weebs
>"artistic originality"
>>
ITT: Weebs pretending they know what censorship is

the thread and streams last night had many folks tlkaing about the game and enjoying it, while /v/ once again bitching about the smallest things. Keep fucking meming MUH CENSORSHIP, hopefully you can force this to the ground some more before mods finally get enough of this spamming.

>inb4 SJW/reddit/tumblr/neogaf boogymen
>>
>>321206775
Why don't you care about artistic originality?
After all, it was the developer's artistic decision to change the character's costume.
>>
File: space.jpg (51 KB, 400x530) Image search: [Google]
space.jpg
51 KB, 400x530
>>321206775
So why aren't you bitching about Duke Nukem since it was obviously censored since this is not what he ended up looking
>>
File: 1450023337571.png (190 KB, 540x482) Image search: [Google]
1450023337571.png
190 KB, 540x482
>>321206223
Please, tell me more about how SJWs make up a core demographic for Japanese karaoke machines.
>>
>>321206879
>I don't appreciate this piece, therefor it's not art!
You are a selfish faggot.
>>
How much time until the meaning of the term "weeb" changes again, this time for anyone that is against censorship?
>>
>>321206879
>whitey who doesn't understand culture greater than his own
Go back to being BLACKED
>>
Here's a thing for you censorship averse people:
https://www.change.org/p/koei-tecmo-capcom-namco-monolith-soft-ncsoft-1-million-gamers-strong-for-japanese-gaming

Probably won't do anything, but might as well if you want to send a message.
>>
>>321206580
God forbid we talk about the fucking game at all. That would just get in the way of your important semantics discussion.
>>
>>321207117
How long until the word censorship changes to mean any deviation during development from an original concept?
>>
>>321206321

Yeah, especially when more and more development changes are being called censorship at this point.
>>
>>321199204
Sorry anon but this is a development change, not a localization change. This will also effect the Japanese version
>>
>>321206775
I think the word you're looking for is "integrity" and there is literally not a single shred of evidence that suggests they were forced or felt forced to change it.
>>
>>321199204
>i like censorship

good goy
>>
>>321207253
You can't block out people from your discussion on a fucking imageboard. Either you leanr how to deal with it or you stop complaining.
>>
>>321207297
It already changed
>>
>been designed that way for years
>they changed it weeks before release

>people actually believe the true designers wanted to do this

ayy lmao :^)
>>
>>321206440
>And what makes you believe this game will be localized?
The fact that it's on Nintendo's US site? Or the fact that it was shown at E3? Or the fact that it was announced in a worldwide Nintendo Direct?
>>
>>321207493
>years
>>
>>321207297
About a couple of months ago
>>
File: Nanako-Concept2.jpg (560 KB, 1792x2620) Image search: [Google]
Nanako-Concept2.jpg
560 KB, 1792x2620
NANAKO WAS CENSORED. DON'T BUY PERSONA 4 OR 5. WHO KNOWS WHAT THE SJWS DID THERE?
>>
>>321207404
Most of this thread violates global rule 3, it's not an on topic discussion at all.
>>
>>321207572
It's only censorship if they cover up a girl though
>>
File: Rise-EarlyConcept2.jpg (685 KB, 1844x2680) Image search: [Google]
Rise-EarlyConcept2.jpg
685 KB, 1844x2680
#NOTMYRISE
>>
>>321207493
>>been designed that way for years
>>they changed it weeks before release
neither of these things are true though, this game was formally announced this year and the first time we saw the change was at least a month and a half ago
>>
>>321207493
>years

no it hasn't.
>>
I wouldn't have cared if they didn't show off zipper panties in all the promotional material leading up to it. Why couldn't they just put pants on her for the karaoke videos or whatever only?
>>
File: 1388710176182.jpg (101 KB, 800x850) Image search: [Google]
1388710176182.jpg
101 KB, 800x850
>i-it's not censorship unless NoA does it!
>>
The pants look a lot better than the slut outfit to be quite honest family members
>>
File: 1403384873131.jpg (165 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1403384873131.jpg
165 KB, 500x500
>/v/ believes prerelase developmental changes are now censorship
By this logic, 99% of games are now 'censored.' Better get your petitions and twitter campaigns ready.
>>
>>321207905
Who knows? Maybe the developers preferred the change, or maybe they didn't want to falsely advertise the game. There's really not enough information to tell.
>>
>>321207572
Nanako didn't already have those assets made in game and the change wasn't made a couple of months before the game dropped.
>>
>>321199204
Make your own thread if you don't want to talk about it you jizz gargler.
>>
>>321207946
What does NoA have to do with this you dumb frogposter?
>>
>>321207572
>>321207801

did they change the model after the trailer was shown worldwide or are you making a strawman?
>>
>>321207253
>That would just get in the way of your important semantics discussion.
Except it's you faggot censorship apologists who are dragging it into semantics by trying to redefine censorship and beat any opposition down with claims that we don't know what real censorship is.
>>
File: hey.jpg (46 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
hey.jpg
46 KB, 1280x720
>>321199017
Butchered outfits > butchered voice acting. It's a shame for those anons who bought a PS4 for P5, real shame.
>>
>>321208165
You are the people trying to apply the term censorship to anything so you can discuss how SJWs are killing video games and shitpost in every possible thread you can.
>>
Just masturbate to porn OP, you have to be really autistic if you care about this shit.
>>
>>321208015
see
>>321208153

they're not going the to suddenly change her model after a world wide preview based on development changes how many game do you know that did that especially Japanese games
>>
File: 1351562745867.gif (329 KB, 500x292) Image search: [Google]
1351562745867.gif
329 KB, 500x292
>>321208153
>>
>>321208546
>no argument
>>
>>321208462
>they're not going the to suddenly change her model after a world wide preview based on development changes how many game do you know that did that especially Japanese games
AHAHAHAHAHAHHAH
>>
File: 1440806934613.png (577 KB, 1372x767) Image search: [Google]
1440806934613.png
577 KB, 1372x767
>>321199017

Either you have shit taste or you're lying your ass off to justify your hateboner.
>>
>>321208615
>Final Fantasy XV
>a good example of anything
>>
>>321208615
anymore?
>>
>>321208462
It is a minor costume change, why couldn't it be done months before release? It's not like they redesigned the character herself.
>>
>>321208462
Yes, it was changed fairly late in development, and yes, we know exactly why it was changed - because the company that owns the game's music demanded that they change it so they could use the footage to advertise karaoke machines. Does that count as "censorship?" Maybe. But it sure as hell isn't the "WHAT IF THE SJWS DID THIS" context /v/ loves to circlejerk over.
>>
>>321208359
>censorship > dub

Yeah, nah.
>>
File: backpedal.jpg (107 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
backpedal.jpg
107 KB, 500x333
>>321208796
>>321208783
Pic related faggots, that seems to be the only thing you're good at
>>
>>321208165
Saying that you don't understand censorship isn't some sort of rhetoric. You really just don't know what you're talking about. Your only power is in numbers.
>>
File: 1447789863890.gif (1022 KB, 395x309) Image search: [Google]
1447789863890.gif
1022 KB, 395x309
>>321208372
>Anything
No, not really. The vast majority of us would prefer to not see a new case of censorship every fucking week.

Vast majority of us wouldn't even care about SJWs if they weren't always trying to tell us how bad we were for enjoying games.

There would be no fucking boogeyman if our games were untouched. We don't care what you do to your own games, leave ours alone.
>>
>>321208907
>Can't deal with a single costume change made before the game was released
>But having awful dubbing present throughout the game with likely no option for original languages is totally fine
Suit yourself.
>>
>>321208981
You posted a single example of this happening, in a game that had a complete make-over several times and was vapor ware for years. You're a moron if you think FF XV is in any way comparable to this.
>>
File: 1397672317698.jpg (63 KB, 447x400) Image search: [Google]
1397672317698.jpg
63 KB, 447x400
>>321208783
>>321208796
>b-b-but!!
>>
>>321208883
>hat owns the game's music demanded that they change it so they could use the footage to advertise karaoke machines.

there was already altered footage before they censored this there was no need unless they thought that the original outfit would offend someone and who would that be?
>>
>>321209169
Yes. One's a localization and the other one's censorship. The latter one is worse.
>>
>>321209192
>>321208981
>character that appeared in promotional material for Final Fantasy Versus XIII before it was reworked into Final Fantasy XV

it wasn't even the same fucking game
>>
Game looks really soulless anyway/
>>
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Frequency_illusion
>>
>>321209161
>>Vast majority of us wouldn't even care about SJWs if they weren't always trying to tell us how bad we were for enjoying games.
But you guys are doing the exact same thing to us. Look at this thread, you're essentially killing all possible discussion and interest over a very minor change that was made before a game was released. I understand getting upset over more major censorship that's been going on as a result of localization, but it's getting absolutely ridiculous with people not acknowledging the larger context of the game's development.
>>
>>321209323
>They take something away in a game I don't want it's censorship but if they take something away in a game I do want it's not!
>>
File: backpedaling.jpg (30 KB, 400x253) Image search: [Google]
backpedaling.jpg
30 KB, 400x253
>>321209373
>>321209184
Oh yeah, keep working on that pedal
>>
>>321209669
you have no argument
>>
>>321209475
Funny how those games were uncensored in Japan though

Keep sucking SJWtendo's dick.
>>
File: ze89Nq31-747x309.jpg (48 KB, 747x309) Image search: [Google]
ze89Nq31-747x309.jpg
48 KB, 747x309
>>321209373
>>321209184
Please tell me how you're going to say this one is also not a real example
>>
File: 1450843631867.jpg (224 KB, 1024x1268) Image search: [Google]
1450843631867.jpg
224 KB, 1024x1268
>>
>>321209169
Only the most true autistics would true refuse to buy a game their looking forward to over some VA audio bullshit.

Not only that, VA's can be fixed with pirating the PS3 version. So those autistics are really the desperate, there they go.
>>
>>321209621
Lewd panties are understandable in all languages, it doesn't require localization into pants to be understandable to westerners. The same is not true for Japanese voice acting.
>>
>>321209223
>not comprehending that a corset and zipper-panties might not go over well in family establishments
LE SJWS aren't even a thing in Japan. The reason they toned her outfit down for the ads is because these were ads airing on TV and on karaoke machines all over the country. It's pretty basic common sense for advertising - if you're trying to pitch something to the general public, a teenage girl in lingerie probably isn't the best way to do so (at least, not without risking negative publicity).
>>
>>321209475
>Ignoring the 5th, 6th, and early 7th gens when censorship was becoming more lax and less frequent
>When developers everywhere were pushing the envelope on both sex and violence

Admitting that it was less shitty doesn't mean it still didn't exist. It's just regressing now.

>Linking to rationalwiki

I remember when that place was actually half rational. Now it's just SJW garbage.
>>
>>321209621
Hello Nintendo Treehouse
>>
FUCK OFF SEXIST MRAS
>>
I fucking hate this board.
>>
>>321210057
Yeah i wish these woman hating goobergaters would fuck off already....
>>
>>321209947
THERE WAS ALREADY CENSORED FOOTAGE THERE WAS NO R E S O N TO CHANGE THE FOOT AGE IN GAME TO MATCH THAT JUST FOR ADVERTISING KARAOKE
>>
I understand censorshipfags but you all have yourselves to blame.

For one thing when the news that this will be censored you all should have written letters expressing your disgust and may even tell Nintendo that you will never buy it or might even just pirate the game in the near future.

But you all probably haven't done a single thing and just keep crying in an imageboard. Are you really all that autistic? That you can't even sent one email?

Who am I kidding? You're probably Sonyggers and Microdicks falseflagging and ruining this thread.
>>
>>321209169
>treehouse already confirmed it won't be dual audio
Funny how #FE will have both, keep defending Cucktendo
>>
>>321208615
That game doesnt even have a release date.
>>
>>321210139
Please, why don't you go falseflag on your hugbox chan? Or is it dead again?
>>
You guys are fucking retarded. It was their artistic vision to make the original version and then change it.
>>
>>321209806
that was outright censorship they change him because they go complaints he was too sexy
>>
>>321209947
>LE SJWS aren't even a thing in Japan.

This is false.

There is a form of SJWs in Japan but the target is the lolicon subculture.
>>
>>321210172
It wasn't for advertising karaoke, it was for advertising the game itself. Japanese trailers tend to use the scene since the music is a big selling point and so they changed it to air the ads on TV. They couldn't just leave the pants uncensored in the retail release, or else it would be false advertisement, and obviously they didn't think people would care that much since it's only a single costume.
>>
>>321210403
???
>>
File: Nier_Replicant.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Nier_Replicant.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1200
>>321210452
And this?
>>
>>321209513
Censorship is a fucking absolute.

It's bad and there's nothing you can say or do to excuse it.

>I understand getting upset over more major censorship

These recent incidents are "major". The industry climate is so bad that even tiny, harmless things are deemed "problematic" and need to be "fixed".

And that's worth getting angry over. It's worth getting angry over because anything more will be censored, too. And developers will pick up on this. They'll be afraid to make their games a certain way, or in the case of DOAX3, release them in certain regions.

It'll extend into a game's writing, too. Developers will be too fearful to go in certain directions deemed "problematic" in the west. I mean, look at the reaction at the rape tape in Ground Zeroes. For fuck's sake man, this is inexcusable.

Don't try and tell me there isn't censorship and stifling going on, anon. It's everywhere.
>>
>>321210276
>treehouse already confirmed it won't be dual audio
That is completely false. Keep shitposting.
>>
>>321210172
Sure, it doesn't make much sense. But maybe they just figured, "screw it, the version with pants will be getting more exposure anyway, let's just have them both match for consistency." Marketing decisions don't tend to make much sense in the first place.

The point is, we know exactly why it was changed, and we know that nothing else in the game was changed. This isn't some case of "ANOTHER GAME DEVELOPER BOWING DOWN TO THE SOCIAL JUSTICE ILLUMINATI" or whatever, so those conspiracy theories don't really do anything but get in the way of actual discussion of the game.
>>
>>321210525
Let me guess, you're just pretending to be retarded?
>>
>>321199017
>anyone else know this feel?
Welcome to being a german.
>>
>>321199017
Piratefag here

Exploit update when?
>>
File: tumblr_inline_mlokux8o5v1qz4rgp.gif (474 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mlokux8o5v1qz4rgp.gif
474 KB, 200x150
>>321210704
>anyone who doesn't hate women is retarded
Oh /v/.
>>
>>321210631
Licensing issues with avex. Cry more shitposter.
>>
>>321209810
>they just painted her legs black

might still be erotic depending on how skintight her ass looks
>>
>>321210628
I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying that #FE having a change before the game was released has nothing to do with SJWs or censorship, and people are still shitposting it to death.
People on this board used to care about games above all else, but these days they've become so preoccupied with SJW shit that it makes me feel like they don't even give a fuck about the games anymore.
>>
>>321210937
Post some source then because you're still just shitposting
>>
>>321210937
Source: my ass
>>
>>321210937
Give me a source.
>>
File: 1449019205015.jpg (36 KB, 267x292) Image search: [Google]
1449019205015.jpg
36 KB, 267x292
Wow, they gave her nice pants instead of panties with a fucking zipper

Truly a game breaker
>>
>>321210996
there is no detail imagine if they they use a fucking maker to cover her up
>>
>>321211079
>>321211082
>>321211118
Last E3, shitposters
>>
>>321211005
I just like skimpy outfits. I'll still buy the game seeing as how the gameplay looks solid, but I would prefer zipper panties instead of a blacked out crotch. That's a reasonable thing to be disappointed about.
>>
>>321211286
OF course you're shitposting, why did I even think it would be something else
>>
>>321211286
I've watched the E3 backwards and forwards. This wasn't said even once.
>>
>>321211286
I watched both treehouse streams and they never said anything about not being able to do dual audio.

>>321211317
I agree with you, the change looks worse than the original. I'm more interested in the dungeons, though.
>>
>>321210487
SJWs in the Western sense, people whining on Twitter/etc. over objectification and appropriation and whatnot, aren't really a thing in Japan. There's a lot of cultural stigma against otaku shit in general, but I'd argue that that's more comparable to the American moral panic over violent video games, given that it tends to mostly be older, more conservative people concerned about the idea of media inducing criminal behavior (usually cropping up in response to wide, sensationalist coverage of things like the Kobayashi murder case).
>>
File: 1438183254532.jpg (893 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
1438183254532.jpg
893 KB, 1500x1500
>>321210834
>anyone who doesn't hate women

I know this is bait but /v/ doesn't hate women. They love them so much that the most beautiful are objectified and worshipped.

But these women aren't real so there's that.

There are limitations, though. The woman in your pic is an example of that limitation. It's ugly. Therefore no one can possibly love her in /v/.
>>
>>321211317
I cant pay for this its like paying for food after you saw someone spit in it
>>
File: 1439420403921.jpg (88 KB, 700x699) Image search: [Google]
1439420403921.jpg
88 KB, 700x699
So they changed her costume in the final version of the game?

Is that really censorship? Is there a finished, retail version of the game that has the slooty variant of the costume?

I hate censorship as much as anyone, but this doesn't really count.
>>
>>321211439
>>321211457
>>321211493
Ok so show a source that it will have dual audio

Show a source that it was censored because of karaoke machines and not because Neo-Nintendo are fullblown SJWs

Shitposting fucking faggots, gonna be laughing when it releases and you realize there is no dual audio
>>
>>321211825
But anon, why should we produce proof for something you started spouting?
>>
>>321211005
In all honesty, I agree the shitposting on #FE is too far. I'll give you that. But it's easy to see why they came to that conclusion, if they figure it's a shoe-in to be brought over to the west.

NoA has been getting tremendous flack for censoring games lately. So why not change it in the Japanese version so no one can complain?

It's a possibility, if they were planning to bring it stateside from the beginning. But these are facts we don't know, so the shitposting is kinda unwarranted at this time.

The outfit change is lazy as fuck, though. I think it looks better myself, but it's still lazy.

As for your last point, I think it's just that everyone around here is depressed as fuck. It's been one controversy after another the last few years, and everyone realized the downward spiral the industry has been having since 2007.

Especially for weebs. 7th gen saw a lot of games get passed over because "it wouldn't sell enough", good games at that. We're getting more releases again, but we're seeing more shit censored again. Maybe we sound like babies to you, but we just want our games brought over untouched. It's not that much to ask in terms of budgeting.
>>
>>321211813
Well, the definition of censorship on /v/ is different to the dictionary version so it depends which one you mean.
>>
>>321211825
Neither of those things have been confirmed or denied, though the latter is very unlikely.
You're the shitposter because you're just assuming the worst and trying to ruin discussion because you don't give a fuck about the game itself.
>>
>>321211960
I never made up the lie about karaoke machines, that was you Alison.
>>
>>321199017
Is the game even released in japan yet? no. SO it's not censorship, just a design change.

You stupid fuckers have no idea how actual censorship works. They could put a flower in her hair and you'd think it's censorship.
>>
>>321212116
I've been playing Atlus games since the early 90's you shitposting faggot. Fuck off back to your Treehouse, SJW.
>>
>>321211980
>As for your last point, I think it's just that everyone around here is depressed as fuck. It's been one controversy after another the last few years, and everyone realized the downward spiral the industry has been having since 2007.
I blame this on the current midnset /v/ developed after the Tortanic incident, /v/ now keeps hunting for the next game from whoever the fuck to so it can watch a failure happen, this is why the hate and shitposting for each and every game has increased hundredfold
>>
>>321199204
This, who really gives a shit. If you have a problem with censorship, blame a society where something this trivial causes outrage, don't blame Nintendo for trying to avoid unnecessary controversy
>>
File: star butterfly.jpg (226 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
star butterfly.jpg
226 KB, 1920x1080
>one lewd outfit in one cutscene changed
>in a game full of titties and lewd outfits
>CENSORSHIP GAME RUINED. MUH SJW!!!!
>>
>>321212301
>it's an edgy SMTfag shitposting a game he doesn't like because it has idols in it
That explains everything, thanks.
>>
>>321212402
Because the next one would be two outfits, then 4 then 8, then 16.

If you all let this go, chances are it will grow.
>>
>>321212373
>blame a society where something this trivial causes outrage
I'll blame 4chan where a change this trivial causes outrage instead.
>>
>>321212440
>it's a tumblr censorship faggot making up strawmen to argue with

End yourself. You don't even care about this game shitposter, you just want to defend censorship.
>>
>>321212597
Well yeah, I'm trying to appeal to people on 4chan who are making a big deal out of this to take their outrage elsewhere.

In other words I'm wasting my time.
>>
>>321212552

30+ years later and it's literally the same shit as it was before.

But keep crying about it.
>>
>>321211005
>preoccupied with SJW shit that it makes me feel like they don't even give a fuck about the games anymore

Who would even want to or care about playing games if the next set is butchered with censorship or only caters to SJWs?
>>
>>321199017
>don't pay attention to #fe because crossover idea sounds dumb and no wii u anyway
>watch KOWASHITAI because it's getting memed so hard
>find out it's censored
>lose interest
>anyone else know this feel?

No because I play games for the gameplay, not the waifus
I actually dislike people like you and I hope your attitude towards videogames improves in the future
>>
>>321212552
Nice slippery slope
>>
>>321212641

You don't care about the game either if something like this is enough to get you to reconsider buying the damn thing.

Hell, ITT people are taking more about fallacies and SJWs then they are taking about the actual fucking game.
>>
>>321212359
It was little to do with TORtanic. TORtanic was just a symptom of the greater issue.

Since 2007 we've seen more nickel and diming via DLC, more simplification of games for "wider audiences", terrible reboots, genre changes, entitlement rhetoric, bloated advertising budgets, outrageous sales goals, CoD clones, etc. than anytime before.

We hadn't really collectively recognized this spiral until a couple years ago. There were definitely individuals who realized it far beforehand, but I mean as a community. And we're worse off for it.

And another thing, the SJW boogeyman? Well, that's because accusations of sexism and racism started being thrown around when the entitlement rhetoric proved ineffective. Turns out manipulating people who want a better world is much easier than openly sucking corporate cock.
>>
>>321213013
>30+ years later and it's literally the same shit as it was before

Sure it will. But it's all filled with shitty SJW propaganda and would be unplayable as fuck for today's standards. The goals would be making white males feel guilty or shouting how straight males are all cis scum while women are equal to men.

>>321213081

It's called "foresight". You might want to use your brain to analyze a situation and be able to tell a predicted outcome. It's a handy skill.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.