[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
At which point did you realize, that this game sucks?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 15
File: customLogo.jpg (11 KB, 184x143) Image search: [Google]
customLogo.jpg
11 KB, 184x143
Share some stories

>play cisco
>2 retards spout 9gag memes 24/7
>at one point, those idiots start fighting over one guy's steam profile picture
>1 chad and 2 stacies, "LEL U UGLYY XDD"
>"FUCK U UR MUM IDIOTA"
>they eventually shoot each other until one of them gets 7d banned for teamkilling
>everything is silent
>fucking bot bob joins
>fucking bot bob carries the bomb through middle 4 rounds in a row
>he doesn't react to commands
>we instantly lose

Why even play
>>
>>321198357
>hello im a silver one
>>
Do you think people will complain about damage falloff over distance in TF2 once the competitive patch hits?

>WOOOOOOOOW, HEAVY'S MINIGUN DOES LIKE 300DPS AT POINT-BLANK RANGE, but AT A DISTANCE IT'S VERY INACCURATE AND ONLY DEALS 3 DAMAGE A HIT!
>>
>its not my fault im stuck at gold nova 2
>the game is just shitty unbalanced rng qq
>>
>>321198357
when the market update came out. or whenever they changed the old school menu design to dota 2 style
>>
>>321198357
My friends and I realized this that day the game came out. Its shit, always has been shit, and always will be shit.

People play it because it was forced in to Esports.
>>
>>321198868
I got deranked from DMG to MG2 for being inactive and I fucking remember why I didn't play.
>>
>>321198357
>judging the game by it's public matchmaking community

play esea, cevo, or faceit. it's far better
>>
New weapon nerfs and dat kill cam ruin this shit game. R8 can also go fuck itself for being a not-cs-like weapon.
>>
>>321198357

You press E on a bot to make him drop the bomb you noob.
>>
>>321199332
You know you can go into game options and just turn the kill cam off right?
>>
>he didn't stop playing cs back in 2004

oh sorry, forgot that was the year /v/ was born.
>>
File: 1450852640803.jpg (21 KB, 266x299) Image search: [Google]
1450852640803.jpg
21 KB, 266x299
>>321199438
>bot always jumps down the spawn ramp
>decide to jump as well
>in this split second the awper picks you

Sure, I tried that one time and it killed me instantly, they purposely didn't kill him, this ain't gold
>>
>>321198868
>>321198498
When will Cisco kids realize that being a critic of a game doesn't necessarily mean they're bad? It's one of the most pathetic defenses Tbh fåm.
>>
>>321198357
I realized it sucked when it was announced
and they gave up on source.
>>
>>321199165
haha

esea used to be good. it's not good anymore

packed with brainless scrubs and literal silvers these days who bought into the lie that esea will make you good
>>
I played at least ten thousand hours doing pick up games in source and I never experienced the level of faggotry I've seen in GO

And 1.6 > source

and 1.5 > 1.6
>>
>>321198357
>People ruin it for you
>You blame the game and say that it sucks

the people just suck man
>>
File: fps spread.png (23 KB, 1049x613) Image search: [Google]
fps spread.png
23 KB, 1049x613
>csgo
I'd rather play something 100% skill based, where bullets go where you shoot them and there's no RNG bullshit
>>
>>321199963

the people, the servers, the game devs

but hey who's counting
>>
>>321200015
>Consistent 30 ping no matter what server I'm on
>Developers make mistakes and rectify them after community feedback
>Game is generally in a very good state
>People sometimes suck, sometimes good
>>
>>321199060

forced into esports? this game has 0 actual professional support despite being right up there viewer-wise with DOTA and LOL. I mean FFS the prizes are still 250k max
>>
File: CS a shit.png (702 KB, 1341x449) Image search: [Google]
CS a shit.png
702 KB, 1341x449
>>321199985
This.
>>
>>321199985
>where bullets go where you shoot them
but that's not how bullets are supposed to work
>>
>>321199985
csgo = cawadoody

they're both spray fest noob games with comically short time to kill. at least in csgo you can't kill someone in half a second by shooting their feet like in cawadoody
>>
I've never been a big fan, but it's sometimes a bit fun. However, when they introduced the level limit to play competitive I couldn't touch it anymore.

Whose genius idea was it to limit the only fun game mode behind dozens of hours of grinding xp? At least make a "casual" gamemode with the exact same properties as competitive except no rankings and unlocked at level 0.
>>
File: a75.jpg (53 KB, 659x415) Image search: [Google]
a75.jpg
53 KB, 659x415
>>321199985
COD used to be nice back in the day when you had your server browser, the lag compensation sucks

>>321199963
The devs could do something about it, they always add random changes, that nobody expected, yet some integral parts that are broken, remain broken

>I wish I could rejoin the game, after cs:go decides to time out
>>
>>321200087
30 ping?

you should probably be shooting for around 10 max

how else are you going to pwn at those LANs anon?

better rent your own dedicated server on your mom's credit card.
>>
>>321200153
>not dinking them on the first shot

git gud family
>>
csgo is for children and memers. it's a real shame since cs has been one of my favorite games for a long time.
>>
game =/= community

All you're showing is that the community is bad, not the game.
At least make sure you know what you're arguing against, otherwise you will be taken as a fool.
>>
>>321200497
But the game depends on the community to be a game.
>>
>>321199985
Bullets rarely go exactly where you want them except at comparatively short distances/range conditions/very well adjusted guns.

When you are being shot at/your gun gets jostled running around/just plain human error/at the edge of your viable range, there will be deviation.

The actual muzzle energy of a given shot and penetration (for a variety of factors) will vary a little bit too, something like 15 percent?

And that's on good, well made guns.

If you have a shitter of a gun that's poorly maintained or just shitty to begin with, it will be more wildly inaccurate. Like, it would not be inaccurate to have a movie with Durka Durka tribesmen or militias in Africa missing repeatedly over thousands of shots because they DO that in real life. And it's often because many of them have like, really shitty or no rifling at all in their AK's, don't clean the breaches well, can't actually shoot well anyway, or actually need glasses, but cannot afford them.

Even people who know what they are doing like REAL LIVE SOLDIERS only hit what they want somewhere in the 25 percent range in combat, on average. (Give or take. Some are much better, some worse. Under some circumstances you will simply not miss. But at average combat distances, with dust and smoke and darknes and dudes trying to fucking kill you, 25 percent.)

If you want a game purely about skill and marksmanship, agitate for a competitive shooting game where you pretend to be a worldclass target shooter with a target pistol with match loaded ammo.

Or you could do a game about being a sniper. Although that would be really really hard, and slow as shit, were it realistic "wow, it's fucking nothing. I sat here all day and didn't see someone. Literally."
>>
>>321200621
Imagine it's 200 years in the future and nobody plays cs:go anymore.

Now write the review based purely on the game.
>>
File: 5khb1h8.jpg (137 KB, 1293x752) Image search: [Google]
5khb1h8.jpg
137 KB, 1293x752
>>321200497
I know quite a few friends that are actively hacking on ranked and even made a private steam stream to show them off.

They didn't get vac banned to this day... although I reported them many times behind their back.

I don't know why Overwatch exists in the first place, if the community decides which "suspect" they ban anyway.
>>
>>321200864
sure
>>
>>321199724
Literally every complaint about this game I've seen on this board is about how the RNG makes the game "bullshit". Or it's about the community, which technically isn't about the game.
Also >/v/ criticizing something else for having a shitty community
>Iron E
>>
>>321200678
Nobody cares. This is video games. Competitive video games. Things are supposed to work ideally. Imagine playing a golf game, and the ball not flying to where you want it, and then someone justifying it with "human error lol".
>>
SF2 ha RNG damage values. So now street fighter 2 isn't competitive, right?
>>
this is why i loved cod4 promod
sadly the scene is pretty dead nowadays
>>
Honestly my favorite aspect of cs:go is the strategic aspects of it.
Predicting how the enemy team will move and being unpredictable. The shooting in it is gay and I don't play it for that.
I think of it as a strategy game more than a competitive shooter.
>>
>>321199985
That doesn't make the game have a low skill cap retard. People post webms of missing shots they fire right at their enemy all the time, yet I never see a webm of someone making a clutch play with a poorly aimed spray. If the game really had a low skill cap then /v/ would be laughing at how easy the game was, not the "bullshit rng!!11!!"
RNG=/=ez win
Stay mad that you fucking suck at the game
>>
>>321201153
but its not "human error" its just the nature of guns firing. Besides the RNG in CS isnt as prevalent as your narrative makes it to be.

It only starts to take effect at ranges greater than your guns ability
>>
>>321200678
You are only arguing that CSGO works as poorly as real life physics and guns, not that it takes skill which was the point to begin with

FPS games are supposed to be skill based, not to aim to be the same bugged RNG shit as real life
>>
>>321200864
Well, hacking on CS can be fun.
>>
>>321198357
the moment when i dropped 30 bombs in 5 games in a row and lost all of them

team games fucking suck. the average player is just mind boggingly retarded
>>
This thread is the perfect place to talk about this.

My roommate is saying that black ops 3 takes more skill and inputs than fucking UT2004. I showed him a couple videos on youtube of matches in UT and how movement was much more tricky, and he's saying
>no it's easier
>all you're doing is shooting and jumping so no depth
>there's more things to think about so more depth
>COD takes more skill, there's more movement and everything

Now, I played UT2004 and Quake but never on the competitive level, but I understand how much more skill these games take. Is there any definitive way to prove him wrong, even without making him sit down and actually play the game?
>>
>>321201497
It isn't completely RNG dumbass, if you actually took time to learn each weapon's spray you'd be able to kill with ease.
>>
boy howdy i sure wish my gun sprayed the same pattern each time with no variables like it does in call of duty.
>>
>>321200735
It would then be shit because noone plays and the servers are a wasteland

Online only games can be critiqued by the sort of community it has, because the community makes the game work
It would be like doing a site review of 4chan and not mentioning stereotypically what sort of people use the site and what content they choose to post
>>
>>321201940
Psychology shows that the more evidence you present someone contrary to their belief, the more they will become convinced of their own correctness.

Basically your friend is retarded and there is no use trying to make him unretarded. Lots of retarded people live full and happy lives, no reason he can't.
>>
File: pic.png (8 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
pic.png
8 KB, 640x400
>>321201359
ive drawn it out for you
the issue is that the rng effectively randomizes results in matches between people that are close in regards to skill, but still on different level
on average, the measurable skill is still clearly showable, but in reality luck plays a greater role because matches are too short for the average to become meaningful
>>
>>321202079
There's bots.
>>
>starting a game with two mates
>one suddenly says "rusky yest?"
>here we go
>the other two randoms are fucking russians
>one my mates asks for a drop
>russian guy answers with "no boy no drop"
>wtf
>later he is also says "no boy no game"
>in the end we lost

what did he even try to say, is that some russian meme?
>>
>>321201962
>It isn't completely RNG dumbass
At least you can admit it's 99% RNG
>>
>>321202176
Do you play the game for bots? Would you even play CS if it was 9 other bots?
>>
>>321202285
Not that anon, but I had the xbox port of CS. Me and my brother would play on opposing teams with bots on expert level. Fun times.
>>
>>321201664
>Lurk away from objectives
>Get kills
>Bomb gets planted
>Get destroyed because instead of working with my team they played one man down and I had to 1v3or5.
WOWWWWWWW
>>
>>321201153
But golf does have a sort of RNG. The wind along your shot and miniscule dents on the golf ball could cause slight changes in the path of the ball, yet the game is still obviously one with a high skill ceiling. You don't make a very good point
>>
>>321202439
Yeah, and the fun part came from one being another human player, but imagine sitting there alone, 9 bots, playing CS on the xbox, would it have been fun?
>>
File: 1446245013468.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1446245013468.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
Uhh...gotards?
>>
>>321202564
It was, yes. I played many matches without him and it was fun to experiment with the different levels and game types. Eventually when I played CS source years later when we had a PC, I had knowledge of a few maps already and wasn't really that bad at the game.
>>
File: AMAZING 4K SPRAYDOWN.webm (3 MB, 900x563) Image search: [Google]
AMAZING 4K SPRAYDOWN.webm
3 MB, 900x563
>>321201359
stay mad kiddo
:^)
>>
File: 1439330857547.png (162 KB, 780x720) Image search: [Google]
1439330857547.png
162 KB, 780x720
>>321201940
Tell him that the lag compensation and servers ruin the game.

Every player has the same access to guns, pickups and the same movement, while you have to lvl up first, in order to be even to your enemies, although you probably won't have the exact same equipment. There are a lot of unbalanced guns that thex haven't fixed yet and apart from that, the game feels pretty slow compared to advanced warfare.

The map design in UT is maze like, there are a few choke points, but you always have to keep track of the enemies movement, since health doesn't replenish and such as the ammo.

Next to this, there is no hud map, so you basically have to know where each pickup is in order to trace your enemy and the paths he takes.

There is just a lot going on and no killstreak will help you out.
>>
>>321202285
I still play CS 1.6 with bots all the time.

Still fun as it was.
>>
>>321202739
Well, then i guess the bot experience is good for some people, but i would believe that the majority of the people playing CS would not play if it were only bots, but that's just speculation

Then i guess the answere to >>321200735 is that the game is a solid game, albeit a little RNG but it can be a good or bad thing, depending on the person playing, which requires skill to play at a competitive level, but it falls short because of the AI only being in there and no real way to express your skill at the game without online modes
>>
>>321202162
Ok, that graph is pretty much unintelligible, and I guess the RNG randomizes kills between two groups of equal skill, but even that is only half of what the CSGO metagame is. Strategies, economy, and team communication can decide a match and pretty much negate the semi-randomness of the bullet spray
>>
File: 1332603357856.gif (221 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1332603357856.gif
221 KB, 500x375
>>321202645
>>
When I was playing beta 2-3 years ago.
>>
Mine's shorter.

>Kick terrible players for griefing and hacking or being annoying shits that fuck up the game on purpose
>Get banned for 7 days for "kicking too many players recently"

Shit game desu senpai.
>>
>>321202645
????
>>
>>321203210
>but even that is only half of what the CSGO metagame is
you are right, i didn't deny that, i am arguing about the relevance of RNG in the gunfights themselves
even if all the other factors in cs also matter a lot (and i won't deny that those play a great role in what makes cs interesting, although games like cod2 or cod4 promod were equally appealing in that regard), the gunfights themselves undeniably play a pretty large role
rng has advantages in other areas (regarding the game's popularity, since occasionally it rewards new and worse players while in games like quake people get frustrated fairly quickly), although not as much in esports
>>
File: pro2k.webm (2 MB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
pro2k.webm
2 MB, 800x600
>>321202645
Yeah cs hitreg is trash
>>
>>321202754
I remember talking to him about this. He says because you die so fast it makes the recharging health okay.

Apparently to him there are more "obstacles" in your path in COD, and he showed me reverse jetpacking behind a truck, to which I replied "great, and I could do that just as easily behind a wall or around a corner, or behind a statue or whatever else in the level."

Apparently competitive play doesn't allow killstreaks, certain guns, and certain equipment, and only uses some levels. His whole argument is starting to sound a lot like the argument for competitive melee now that I'm listing these things out. He sounds even more retarded to me now.
>>
File: C7mAt5Mt6zDi.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg (51 KB, 878x494) Image search: [Google]
C7mAt5Mt6zDi.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg
51 KB, 878x494
>>321203821
The CT skins are really retarded, I purposely aim for the neck for an instant ak47 one shot kill.
>>
File: CoDUOB17.jpg (140 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
CoDUOB17.jpg
140 KB, 1280x1024
>>321203963
>play UT2k4
>someone jumps off of 2 walls
>I doge his rocket, jump off of a wall to get to a platform by timing my double jump afterwards
>he switches to his lighting gun in a milisecond and headshots me in the air

>reverse jetpack behind a truck

wow

Old games are objectively better
>>
File: counterstrike.png (71 KB, 761x316) Image search: [Google]
counterstrike.png
71 KB, 761x316
>>321198357
>At which point did you realize, that this game sucks?

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.