[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
im 5-6 hours into this, does it gets better or not? im not saying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
im 5-6 hours into this, does it gets better or not? im not saying is bad, just average
>>
>>321197998
It should already be pretty fun if you're 6 hours in.
>>
>>321198441
im at the first town, only thing i do is talk to people, last combat was the one in the beach
>>
>>321198545
You've spent too long in the town. You're acting like the game is going to hold your hand. It's not.
>>
>>321198545
First getting to town was the low point for me. You'll eventually get to a point where you'll start getting sidequests that lead out of town and it picks up from there.
>>
>>321198545
Youre still in the town 6 hours in? Holy shit m8. At level 3 you can already go to the rainy undeas area
>>
>>321197998

not really. its vastly overrated by /v/ because this board thinks liking "non-mainstream" games is super cool, even if they are pretty lame like divinity OS

Pillars of eternity was also kind of average but i'd recommend it strongly over divinity OS if you are after a classic-feeling RPG
>>
why is fire/water so shit
>>
>first couple hours in town all day err day
>later on never in town
bad pacing
>>
>>321199451
It's not. You must be shit if you're not getting good results out of it.

>>321199329
>its vastly overrated by /v/ because this board thinks liking "non-mainstream" games is super cool
Everybody, please ignore the contrarian idiot who can't recognized a good cRPG with it smacks him on th head.
>>
>>321199329
It's largely overrated because it's babby's first CRPG that's not like "that old stuff my dad played" like some other games in the genre that came out this and last year. And to be honest, Larian didn't really aim to make a "revival CRPG" with DOS.
>>
>>321199586
>Everybody, please ignore the contrarian idiot who can't recognized a good cRPG with it smacks him on th head.

have you never played CRPGs? OS is basically like "CRPG lite" that seems hell bent on making the player extremely aware that it was an indie game
>>
Divinity games are raw mediocrity.
>>
>>321199867
>have you never played CRPGs?
I've played many
>OS is basically like "CRPG lite"
Why? Because it's got a less than serious tone?
> that seems hell bent on making the player extremely aware that it was an indie game
I've beaten Original Sin once at release and again after the Enhanced Edition update. Not once did I feel like this was even slightly true.

>>321199979
I'd love to see you try to actually prove that point.
>>
I was mildly bored with this game, but after completing the mine with the tenebrium shit and being told that tenebrium is the best shit and that I should get fucked for upgrading my stats on other weapons, I was done.

I recall dropping the game after entering a dungeon, after killing an ice king in a winter world.
>>
>>321200361
>implying Tenebrium is actually that useful
>implying there's no respec options.
>>
>>321199329
Pillars and DivOS are polar opposites

One is bright, colorful, has fun combat, lackluster story/characters

The other is drab, has boring as fuck combat, and interesting story/characters
>>
>>321200361
Tenebrium isn't that good and I don't think I ever needed to put more than a single point in to wield those weapons.
>>
>>321199867
>hell bent on making the player extremely aware that it was an indie game
You could make the same statement about PoE and being kickstarted...
>>
>>321197998
Overrated garbage.
>>
>>321200780
PoE doesn't look wonky as shit in-game.
>>
File: elements.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
elements.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>321197998
>just average
Tell me what average games you were playing before with so much TECHNOLOGY & INTERACTIVITY & FUN in them.
>>
>>321200990
My point

Your head

Have you even played PoE? Special snowflake Death Godlikes and other backer characters make up like 30% of the world setting's NPC population
>>
>>321200476
>>implying there's no respec options.

I knew there was that guy in the Twilight Zone that allowed you to respec, but I already had found and consumed some spells that I wasn't going to find again. So no respecs for the characters I wanted.

>>321200680
>Tenebrium isn't that good and I don't think I ever needed to put more than a single point in to wield those weapons.

I ran numbers then and saw that tenebrium was generally stronger. Yeah, only one point to wield.
>>
>>321197998
Enhanced edition removed a lot of build combination because they were too OP.

you need to play the game with a friend. So much better then.
>>
op here, im playing in honour mode if its worth noting
>>
>>321201045
Buzzwords : The Post
>>
>>321201306
>I already had found and consumed some spells that I wasn't going to find again.
Are you sure there's even many spells like that? I can think of maybe one or two, but they're also somewhat weak and intended for lower level play. Don't the elementals at the end of time sell all the best skillbooks?
>>
>>321199329
Pillars is "classic feeling" in that it made no fucking improvements on infinity engine combat, a flawed system that's over a decade old
>>
File: 1427067659882.jpg (305 KB, 508x1884) Image search: [Google]
1427067659882.jpg
305 KB, 508x1884
>>321202782
inb4
>but that's what people wanted
Fuck no, I wanted cRPG with lore and quests as engaging as the cRPGs of old AND all the conveniences modern tech and UI design could bring.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.