[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was he not added as a full character? He's a new Zelda
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: latest[1].png (352 KB, 482x767) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
352 KB, 482x767
Why was he not added as a full character?
He's a new Zelda character, as well as being designed for combat.
>First smash game with no new Zelda character
Feels bad.
>>
>>321187078
Becase FE characters are more important
>>
>>321187078
Just look at it this way. He's an Assist Trophy, so he already has a model and some animations. That's already one foot in the door, which is how Little Mac got in.
>>
>>321187078
I love Toon Link, but I'd never count him as a new character
>>
>>321187078
Because Hackurai would have made him shit anyway.
If you want faithful Zelda characters then play HW.
>>
>ANOTHER anime sword user
>not only that, but an actual anime sword ___
>>
>>321187078
Because I would have fapped to the game so hard I would rip my dick off and sue for damages
>>
>>321187307
This. Sakurai doesn't give a fuck about anything not KI, Kirby, or FE. Especially DK and Zelda.
>>
Sakurai hates Zelda

>no newcommers
>two clones
>always has shit stages
>Triforce trio always suck
>uninspired Assist Trophies
>cream of the crap items

Only good thing Zelda gets is it's music selection, but that's more on Kondo for simply putting out great music for Zelda time and time again.
>>
Thing is the could have literally copy pasted HW Ghirahim and nobody would have complained.

Same applies to Zant.

Or they could just have given us delicious brown girl.
>>
>>321187078
Smash 4 really was a missed opportunity for Ghirahim and/or Impa.

>>321187827
>>always has shit stages
That's not true though. Hyrule Temple in Melee was always fun as fuck, Eldin Bridge and Pirate Ship in Brawl were great, Gerudo Valley in Smash 4 3DS was pretty damn good actually, and Skyloft in Smash 4 is an underrated stage.

I think he could manage to declone Ganondorf at least a little more, plus give us one or two more characters though.
>>
>>321188356
I disagree; I think Hyrule Castle is the only great stage for Zelda; Temple is fun but its too big, and Pirate Ship is a great layout but the fucking bomb tower man.

Eldin and Gerudo are walk-off nonsense and Skyloft is another boring tour stage.
>>
>>321188184
I would have.
>>
>>321187078
He would've fit the whole swordsman meme too.
>>
>>321187240
You're not wrong.

>FE characters - main characters of their respective game, the hero, main protagonist
>Ghirahim - barely seen boss you fight three times in what is seen as one of the worst Zelda games ever made

But muh reps
>>
>>321187078

Everytime I see this image I'm reminded by Doritos
>>
>>321189827
I too remember when Lucina was the main protagonist.
>>
>>321191236
OK, so what character do you want Ghirahim to be a clone of?
>>
>>321191306
Game & Watch
>>
>>321191236
Lucina is the main protagonist of my heart.
>>
>>321187078
Ghirahim was my favorite for a new Zelda character but I personally don't believe he SHOULD be in just because he was in one game. I would wait to see if he maybe appeared in Zelda U, even as a usable sword.

However, that's because I actually are about the integrity of the roster. Since Sakurai is a fucking hack and will pour much worse, much more insignificant characters into Smash from overrepresented franchises, then Ghirahim would be a good choice. In Hackurai's standards, Ghirahim being the main villain in a single Zelda game makes him fucking iconic and more deserving of inclusion than half of all other Nintendo characters.
>>
>>321191783
Being the main villain from a single game is exactly why he isn't on the roster.
>>
>>321192147
I know. I'm pointing out the inconsistency of Sakurai's inclusions.
>>
File: carlku.jpg (23 KB, 378x700) Image search: [Google]
carlku.jpg
23 KB, 378x700
>>321187078
I had a friend super all about him being in smash4 and we came up with a moveset.

His armor that he uses in the 3rd fight could be a central part of his moveset.
>>
>>321192147
>main character from an unreleased game from the most overrepped franchise gets in

There are no standards 2bh
>>
>>321192147
Sheik is a disguise from a single game. I don't really see how it's any different.
>>
>>321187078
He looks gay.
>>
>>321192450
You do know that Sheik's down and B turned her into Princess Zelda, right?
>>
>>321187078
All Zelda newcomers are complete shit and made the game worse with their inclusion.
Ganondorf is the best one but only because he is a clone of an amazing character (Yes, Captain Falcon is one of the best designed characters in the entire series) and a lot of his potential was just completely ignored.
I'm perfectly fine with there not being a new Zelda rep. Not that I think the Smash 4 newcomers are good.
>>
quick question, not worthy of its own thread:

Wind Waker HD; how do i find the ghost ship wielding the last triforce piece?
>>
>>321195312
try near crescent moon island
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.