[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Undertale really is the greatest video game of all time.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: tumblr_nuq7gssFfc1s58ev6o1_500.png (3 KB, 500x413) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nuq7gssFfc1s58ev6o1_500.png
3 KB, 500x413
Been playing a lot of this game recently, and I'm just fucking floored with how fucking perfect this game is. From how clever everything about Undertale is done, to the orgasmic soundtrack, to the innovative and fun as hell combat, the game really just blew away all my expectations. I don't remember ever playing a game that comes this close to perfection before Undertale.

Honestly, the hate this game gets is pretty dumb. Most of the complaints against it usually don't amount to anything more than "OMG MEMES, TUMBLR, SJWS" because they know they can't actually find anything wrong with the game.

It's kinda sad how a game made by just one dude absolutely stomps out every other game in existence. I can't think of one game that's as clever, intellectual, thought-provoking, funny, and sad as Undertale. Toby Fox is a fucking God.
>>
File: TobyFox.png (306 KB, 378x320) Image search: [Google]
TobyFox.png
306 KB, 378x320
>>321172741
>Toby Fox
>God

This
>>
>>321172741
is this some new pasta or....
>>
>>321173032
Nah, it's just another member of the fanbase trying to shove the game into our faces while screaming "GOTY! GOAT!". Nothing new here, anon.
>>
>>321173493
More like I'm trying to get people to realize that Undertale is legitimately one of the greatest games ever made, if not THE greatest, and that people like it for reasons that don't have anything to do with memes or Tumblr bullshit.
>>
File: troll harder.png (98 KB, 331x354) Image search: [Google]
troll harder.png
98 KB, 331x354
>>321173701
>>
>>321173493
I mean its my personal game of the year, but i just sort of tell people "hey its good go play it if you wanna" and move on with my life. OP is kinda going overboard.
>>
>>321173816
>>321173773
>>
>>321173701
>I'm trying to get people to realize that Undertale is legitimately one of the greatest games ever made
This is the part where you lost me.
Come on, anon. What's so engaging about the combat? Is the story really that emotional? Sure, it could be a great game but one of the best of all time?
>>
>>321173846
i dont follow what you're saying here but aight
>>
>>321173889
For combat:
- Every enemy has its own unique way of being "defeated", a far cry from your usual "mash A to kill" system in most RPGs,
- The unique bullet hell system that actually lets the player be more involved in the combat.
- The fact that you have the option to never even hit a single enemy.
- How the combat intertwines with the characters' personalities.

For story:
- A huge cast of highly lovable and charming characters that you won't be able to NOT care for.
- Interesting twists
- Deep lore
- The story is told in a very clever way, using actual game mechanics as lore and as a means to further express the story and characters. Even optional stuff like Gaster is cleverly done.
- Because the characters are all so amazing, it's heartbreaking whenever you make certain decisions that don't benefit them in the slightest.
- All of your choices actually matter and effect the story.

Want me to go on?
>>
File: 1450340897418.gif (537 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1450340897418.gif
537 KB, 480x270
>>321174620
>>
>>321174728
So autism = being able to recognize quality?
>>
File: 1450681791119.png (252 KB, 1000x872) Image search: [Google]
1450681791119.png
252 KB, 1000x872
>>321174984
>recognize quality
troll harder
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.