[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone played any Grim Dawn yet? Is it as good as Titan Quest?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 123
Thread images: 10
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 1680x1050
Anyone played any Grim Dawn yet? Is it as good as Titan Quest?
>>
>>321158640
It's good. I've been playing a lot of PoE lately but I might load up some Grim Dawn soon.

Probably the only early access game that was ever worth getting.
>>
might pirate grim dawn when its a finished product
could be interesting
>>
Grim dawn has been the most arpg for me since I was playing d2 Lod with my friends in middle school. It has talent trees, cool setting, respecing, the choice between two different classes talent trees to make unique combos, fun skills, not too complicated. I have put over 100hours in. 50 prob just on my pyro/occultist explode shit build.
>>
>>321158640
it's actually pretty terrible

think Titan's Quest with less character customization and worse itemization
>>
>>321158640
Its better in titan quest in that the first difficulty is a lot quicker. Titan quest is probably the better game over all but it doesn't really get going until the 2nd difficulty, and thats too much of a time investment for most people.

I feel even with stuff like devotions and the skill-granting relics, Titan Quest had more interesting skills and more build opportunities. A lot of grim dawns synergies seem to just be use this buff skill from this class, where as in TQ you could do crazy shit like having a three-shot staff that would each detonate into an AOE that confused and poisoned. TQ also benefits from having a wider variety of areas and waaay more bosses(not to mention more interesting bosses). GDs setting is just like, run down green countryside, rundown countryside, run down and slightly corrupted farmlands.

But its still a decent game and unlike TQ people will actually play it.
>>
>>321159495
>worse itemization

How do you define itemization?
>>
>>321158640
I am right now. It's awesome, you can feel it has been made by the Titan Quest team. This feeling of power, making your enemy fly away, the infinite replayability thanks to the multiclassing.
>>
>>321159871
lots of variation that allows for interesting builds/directions for character customization

i.e. diablo 3 (release) is the absolute worst shit ever because everything is about finding your two main stats only, whereas diablo 2 gear has a very high degree of variance allowing for interesting character customization

grim dawn is middle of the road, but still worse than TQ, which is what I was getting at
>>
>>321160275
>whereas diablo 2 gear has a very high degree of variance allowing for interesting character customization

All I ever hear about this is that D2 made most people who wanted to stay relevant through all difficulties use similar builds and clicking a few skills wrong could fuck you over.
>>
>>321160275
Titan Quest itemization is literally more damage/more defence/more cooldown reduction.
>>
>>321158640
Good game, imo better than titan quest. Not playing it again tho until:
>"Final" Content patch aka last act done soon TM
Demoman best class
>>
>>321159495
> More masteries with more skills that aren't fucking passive
> less character customization
you wot m8? have you even played the game?
>>
>>321160628
Yes. Itemization in Diablo 2 sucked ass too.

>Do you use skills (spells) that are not dependant on weapon statstick?
>Yes
Then you can just slap on +skill items, +cast speed and resists and shit and you're golden.

>No
Have fun upgrading your fucking weapon all the time faggot
>>
>>321161727
That's not an itemization issue. That's a skill scaling issue.

Itemization issues are like in vanilla D3 where you'd get items with two stats for two different classes on it.
>>
I got to around level 32 on a demo (never picked up a 2nd class) and thought it was decent. The problem with this game (and POE I found) was that the combat, the only thing you do really, felt dull. I'll probably finish it once it's out of early access though at least just to have a more fully formed opinion about it.
>>
>>321162007
It's on itemization. It was just like this shit in WoW where on hunter everything scaled off of all kinds of shit and everyone got every single stat and it was fucked during vanilla.

Not like the D2 itemization was different in the end getting all kinds of stats of which only some mattered.
>>
File: 1449327232700.png (278 KB, 385x382) Image search: [Google]
1449327232700.png
278 KB, 385x382
I like it a lot, my main complaints being the setting (really miss that ancient era) and that some classes feel lacking in skill variety.

Still my favorite ARPG in a long time.
>>
>>321162185
No, again, that's an issue with stay weights and how skills scale in relation to stats. It has nothing to do with itemization. Do you even understand what itemization is? Your own example with WoW is also an example of stat weights and skill scaling, not itemization.

WoW is also a poor comparison. Unless you're lucky enough to be getting warforged gear, the stats on gear aren't as heavily randomized as they are in an ARPG.
>>
>>321158640

If i played it? I fucking love it.

Sunk in a shitton of hours already. And soon its going to be content complete.

Its just a fun game, and they have polished it up quite nicely.

I kinda dislike that my pet build gets fucked hard vs avatar of mogdrogen.
>>
Does it still have that problem of having no variety in stuff like maps and enemies like Titan Quest?

I mean. In terms of replayability. Like in D2 maps and gear are almost completely random adding, whereas in Titan Quest, it's always completely the same.

Also. Have they finally made combat not feel so, underwhelming?

Those are my biggest problems with TQ.
>>
>>321162424
>Unless you're lucky enough to be getting warforged gear, the stats on gear aren't as heavily randomized as they are in an ARPG.
I'm talking about Vanilla man. All the primary stats could be found on every piece regardless of class.

But yeah, I guess you're right on itemization.

>>321162714
What do you mean
> and gear are almost completely random adding
>>
so far i have 75 hours on it and i love.
the devotions system is fucking amazing.

> killing the boss of the first chapter
> this is not even my fanial form momment
> fucking kick ass music start when he transform.

i wish i can find that specific music.
>>
>>321162714

Its like TQ, maps are premade. Apparently a random dungeon is being added with the next patch.

GD has a little of both, some items are monster unique, like ghosts dropping spectral stuff and trolls giant 2h weapons, and the rest is random. Also D2 gear was not random at all. Loot tables were a pretty big deal in D2.

Also, in GD its a what you see is what you get kind of deal. So if you are about to get a rare/legendary weapon you will actually see the monster wearing it, but the mob will be randomly generated.
>>
>>321162840
>and gear are almost completely random adding
Not sure why that "adding" is there. What I mean is. In Diablo 2 there is a lot of variety in the loot compared to Titan Quest.

The game has almost no randomization and generated content is what I'm implying. Which I think is nice when it comes to Diablo clones.
>>
It's pretty good. Nice to play through with friends.
>>
>>321158640
It's not as good.
>>
Worst Thing about Grimdawn is how broken and easy it is.

A Conjurer can make his entire party and all of his pets invincible to the point that even Thall'Nosh, 2nd Form of Act III's boss, can't get through their defenses.

Conjurer's gain the Energy Regen to spam their abilities with no penalty and gain Party-Buffs that increase Armor and Resistances to every type of damage to the point that all they have to do is just put up their buffs, summon their totem and familiar and then just walk in and wait for the boss to die, and because their Buffs affect their pets and their totem, they can easily reach 5k HP/Regen per second through the mix of Buffs/Lifesteal/Totem/Sigil while the Raven spams heals that heal an additional 13% Max HP just in-case.
>>
>>321160846
I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels this way. Chucking bombs to murder dozens of mobs is satisfying.
>>
>>321163247
Canister Bomb is mai waifu
>>
>>321163234

What? How did you manage to get all that hp regen? You had to invest insanely into support stuff and even then you wont get 100% uptime.

Also the fun part of RPGs is when you can get crazy strong.

Oh and try killing avatar of mogdrogen, that is now the staple of testing what is broken and what not.
>>
File: 1446569162681.jpg (47 KB, 600x668) Image search: [Google]
1446569162681.jpg
47 KB, 600x668
>grab Demolitionist because it seems pretty fun
>skills don't seem too spectacular but do their job nicely
>eventually put points into canister bomb
>use it on a group of enemies
>mfw
I think I'm in love
>>
Bretty gud. I enjoy it. Have close to 100 hours into it. I've done the main bits of Act III part II but haven't completed all of the side quests as of yet. I main a pure Soldier who runs in and beats niggas down with my 2H maul.
>>
>>321163234
That's pretty much how i played Alchemist in Torchlight on permadeath hardest
>Summon everything
>Put more summons on pet
>Get all auras/minion buffs
>Get teleport
>Try not to get instagibbed while everything dies
>>
>>321163128
But both of them randomly generated items when it comes to stats unless they're unique / legendaries / whatever the game calls them just like in all diablolikes that have set stats but different values.

D2 loot isn't with as much variety as people like to proclaim
>>
>>321163495

>ulzuins chosen build

So many explosions. Everything is an explosion and everything is on fire all the time.

Fuck it feels good.

But then again, when the next patch hits, i want to build a max block hammerdin character.
>>
>>321160628
>most people who wanted to stay relevant through all difficulties use similar builds

Untrue, you could beat hardcore Hell Baal with any number of builds. Ubers were more limited admittedly, but there were still a wide variety of builds you could beat Hell with. Some performed better than others, and some were more gear dependent than others, but it's still a lot better than people give it credit for.
>>
>roll demolitionist
>put all points in explosive shots
>pick occultist for second class
>pour all points into hell hound and its upgrades
>I am now the minion
>pick up a tome that lets me summon a skeleton that casts armor on allies
>I am now a stronger minion

I love being the background character
>>
>>321163979

The point of diablo 2 was that you could beat all content with anything.

Would it be efficient? Hell no. But it was possible.

Proof: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6dpUe2wGGY

Killing uber tristram with a party of naked HC characters.
>>
>>321164227
>Hellhound's bitch
>>
>>321158640
I'll play it when it's done.
>>
>>321158640
it has more depth and more content than deeblo 3 or path of exile
>>
>>321158640
I fucking hate this setting. It just feels so fucking wrong for this genre
>>
>>321159495
>Titan's Quest with less character customization and worse itemization

the itemization is amazing though
>>
>>321158640
How are the passive skills? I'm kinda tired of seeing games that completely ignore them and go straight to a the actives.

And don't mention the abortion that is PoE skilltree.
>>
>>321162714
the overall map is the same layout, but every playthrough has different pathways through zones. there are also optional random dungeons and an optional random "roguelike" dungeon (death puts you back outside the doors, finite resources are required to make keys, and the layout and enemies change when you enter it; clearing the hardest level offers unique rewards)
>>
>>321164902
Like Titan Quest.

There is a lot of semi passive that replace the regular attack. I love those.
>>
>>321164902

Grim dawn has an ok balance between those two. You have passives that trigger on autoattacks, and actives that can be used as autoattacks.

And you get long cooldown abilities and spammable ones.
>>
>>321163128
>The game has almost no randomization and generated content is what I'm implying.

Random loot has great variety though. I've played my demo for over 100 hours and am using mostly greens now that support my build, as I eventually found random items that were even better than the handcrafted blues.
>>
>>321164768
>I fucking hate this setting. It just feels so fucking wrong for this genre

Diablo 2 with rifles? What's so "wrong"
>>
>>321158640
Played it for like 60 hours. Finished all current content on my current character, got a couple others around level 30.

It totally surpasses Titan Quest. It's Titan Quest on steroids minus the shitty clunky combat.

The way you actually travel huge distances is awesome, rather than just go level to level like Diablo or PoE.

The classes are dope and integrate well with each other (most of the tome.) Most fun I've had so far was with a pure Shaman though.

I'd recommend it to pretty much any ARPG fan.
>>
optimization when?
i cna run witcher 3 at almost 60 frames at very high
and this games as sonn as there are more than a couple of snemies in the screen i drop to 30 or even less
>>
>>321165037
>>321165054
Does the game run well? Does it has a decent replayability on the current stage?

I'm kinda tired of farming for a kridershot, 300 hours and fucking nothing, might get something else to play.
>>
>>321165409
Run well, yes, just got a bigass optimization patch actually. 70-100FPS most of the time on my 290X.

Decent replayability, not really. The main quest isn't finished and once you've done all the content, for now you've really done all the content.
>>
>>321165409

Replayability depends on what you are looking for. If you like tinkering with builds its pretty ok. Same if you are a perfectionist, as you get to grind up a shitton of different reputation to get acess to all the gear mods. It also gives you a nice steady stream of items, so no run ever feels like it was pointless.

The maps are all pregenerated, and only the paths trough them change as some passageways get blocked off while others open each new game.

Optimization wise, i wont comment too much, i personally run the game rather well with 0 issues, the only times my fps drops a bit is when i blow up a huge ammount of enemies with a ton of explosions.

Id say pirate it to try it if you dont want to invest the cash straight up, but buy it if you like it, as the devs are pretty nice (keep their promises). Or maybe even wait a bit, because yesterday they gave out more info on the next build wich means it should be comming soon, and the next build will basically be the whole game, with only additional balance patches and such.
>>
>>321163474
With Conjurers, the only thing that wouldn't have 24/7 Uptime would be Blood of Dreeg which has a 15s Uptime/24s Cooldown base, and can easily be 24/7 with +Duration.

Oh, and Possession.

They aren't like Arcanists with 3 sec duration/30 sec recharge spells. Instead they get Energy Reservation to keep buff on. Hell, they don't even get that extra Active Energy Cost per second like Arcanists do because the Devs hate Arcanists with a passion after Arcanist's gamebreaking bug with Replicating Missile being able to generate infinite fragments - you would cast the spell and it would shoot, but then it would just keep generating fragments at the location that shoot themselves off from the area it was cast so you could pelt enemies with infinite fragments until they died, but at least they aren't shitty Nightblades who die when an enemy looks at them but are still forced to be melee to do anything.

Demo are most fun by far though.
>>
>>321165832
>>321165867
Wait are you telling me developers STILL haven't picked up the idea of the original torchlight? 90% of the fun you had was with the randomly generated maps, it's a perfect idea for unfinished games to have this because if the generator is good you can spend over 100 hours on it and all the maps will look good, new and interesting.

What the fuck is wrong with ARPG devs? Diablo 3, Grim Dawn, PoE and even fucking Torchlight 2 don't handle this shit as well as a fucking 2009 game. How can this be happening?
>>
>>321165880

Huh m8, nightblade arcanist is the most broken thing ever.

Pneumatic burst, a 4 second cd massive heal with aspd, that bubble from arcanist reducing all dmg you get by 30%, and you shit damage with dual wielding build, because you scale insanely trough crits and execution.

Also the only health regen i can find on conjurers is in mogdrogens pact wich gives 30 hp/sec at max level and blood of dreeg (wich is amazing but not because of the regen).

Also the arcanist upkeep buffs are crazy. 30% damage absorbtion? 25% crit damage? Fuck yes, best scaling toggle skills in game.

>>321166263

Sadly not, then again we dont know how the final random generated dungeon will look like. They were saying it will be something dungeon crawler like but that honestly mean shit.
>>
I'm interested in it, but I don't do early access.
Hopefully the game turns out well
>>
>>321166263

Tbh senpai, grim dawn and poe handle the random maps well with the map system, where you can even make your maps harder to get more drops.
>>
>>321166662
PoE suffers from not allowing the player to just buy the maps whenever he wants, thus forcing the to play yet again that same old beaten map for the 1000x time when there's literally no benefit from it. Never played Grim Dawn so I can't say how well they handle it.
>>
>>321166930

No one can say how GD handles it yet. Their random dungeon system is only comming in the next patch.
>>
>>321166666
>>
>>321167037
Just hope it's not akin to d3 "random".
>>
>>321165240
More like witcher with guns.
>>
>>321167146

Man, i like that in D3 you could tune up the difficulty and with it upgrade gems. But fuck the maps were so mind numbing boring. And the randomness with mob density was horrible.
>>
File: disney-jr-the-7d-tv-review.jpg (33 KB, 167x167) Image search: [Google]
disney-jr-the-7d-tv-review.jpg
33 KB, 167x167
>>321158640
>initially planned for end of 2012
>kikestarter promised August 2013
>it's the end of 2015
>still in Electronic Arts
Oh wey
>>
>>321167307
No I was complaining from the fact that the maps aren't actually randomly generated, they are just story maps with different weather effects.
>>
>>321164227
Are you me? Sans the Tome that is. I roll with duel pistols. And now thanks to Devotions I completely wreck up the place.

Can't wait for the final act.
>>
>>321164902
I use more than a few passives. And make sure my gear has some too. Plus with the new Devotion system you can get even more. And retaliation damage is specific to a damage/element type if that is your thing too. Which can be buffed by general retaliation percentage buffs or buffs for that specific damage type.
>>
>>321167146
I like the way Torchlight 2 did it. Where you buy those maps and they have the de/buffs for the run. Hopefully they will put something like that in.
>>
>>321167802

Honestly, GD was one of the first games in which an retaliation build was doable. Like, you actually kill stuff rather fast (except high hp bosses)
>>
>>321166494
What I think he was talking about is:

Mogdrogen's for Armor/Resistances/+Max HP/30 Hp/Sec
Dreegs for 15% Health Restored every 24s + 200 Hp/Sec, with resistances and aspd and armor if you aren't into poison damage
Sigil of Consumption for 30% damage done by sigil as Hp/Sec
Devouring Swarm for 25% damage done as Hp/sec and increases damage from Sigil and Totem.
Wendigo Totem grants 33% chance of 30% of all damage done as Health, which applies to all damage done including Sigil and Swarm DoTs.
Hellhound buffs the Sigil and deals damage itself
Familiar buffs the Sigil and casts a heal that heals for 13% hp +400 HP and it uses the heal as long as you don't add points into lightning strike

So with Sigil and Swarm giving Hp/Sec according to your damage, with that HP/Sec having a 33% chance of doubling because of Totem, in addition to whatever else you are doing.

Assuming that the "5k HP/Regen per second" was referring to Life Steal and not just from buffs as he does say "through the mix of Buffs/Lifesteal/Totem/Sigil" as an explanation for the Hp/Sec.
>>
>>321168004
Torchlight 2 was a kick in the nut, they locked those maps during the story and you could only run them after you finished that.

Even worse story maps were not random like on the first game and if you ever go into new game + the map generator is locked again.

I fucking hate Runic games even while the first game was my favorite game from the last 6 years.
>>
>>321168060
I was unconsciously building one until the last update. The sheer volume of the retaliation damage you can get if you focus on it is nuts. Especially given how easy it is to stack buffs for damage types.

And now that there are even more ingredients I'll probably have to rebuild again since I am now needing more energy replenishment.

Fucking love putting that Devotion thorns ability or whatever it is where the spikes come out of the ground when hit. And putting the vampire health leech one on my main attack. I just love the Devotion system in general. I just wish it had a summons for each branch at it highest tier. Working towards getting that resurrection one now. Though I think I need to wait for the next update since I have tapped out all the existing Shrines as far as I am aware.
>>
>/v/ likes Grim Dawn

I like it too
>>
>>321168379
T2 had its flaws, but it was a fun game. Unfortunately it just didn't really have any replay appeal unless you got mods. Still for $20 it was worth the price.
>>
>>321168242

I only counted straight up regen. Because even with all that, you can just go make a nightblade with dual wield and a little bit of lifeleech on your items, and when critting for 20k and attacking severall times a second you will outheal that.

Yea, going full lifeleech vitality dmg is strong, but you can have plenty of other strong builds as well.

>>321168379

The biggest kick in the nut from TL 2 was how skills worked for me. All the interesting effects were locked behind being like level 90+ because you could not just skill up skills like you wanted.

>>321168485

Devotions are amazing, i only wish you could use a search function in the devotion tree.
>>
>>321168514
I can understand people being hesitant about it since it is still in EA, but it is a decent example of EA done well, and probably the only EA game I actually recommend to people. I bought it before the Devotion update without realising it was in EA, and it was already worth the price. And they have just kept rolling out the updates since.
>>
File: 1448294401942.jpg (706 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
1448294401942.jpg
706 KB, 1440x1080
What builds have you guys been using?

My last character has been a Pyromancer focusing on Blackwater Cocktail together with improved Sigil of Consumption, and Canister Bomb for crowd control. Inbetween the fire/burn buffs from Demo/Hellhound aura and devotions i've been melting through everything so far.
>>
>>321168662
>Devotions are amazing, i only wish you could use a search function in the devotion tree.

People have recommended that on the Steam forums. However other colossal fuckwits keep crying about that since they misinterpret it as people asking that the system be dumbed down. All I wanted was some more solid color coding for quick reference. But we can't have nice things because people are dumb.

Great system otherwise. And I really like how the skills from it gain EXP and get better, and how they need to be allocated like they are.
>>
>>321168613
>fumble chance
>dexterity is basically fumble damage control
>items locked behind stats
>main stats hardcoded into the game making mods impossible
>a LOT hardcoded making mods impossible
>that retarded story
>story maps not random
>skills level-locked
>no more permanent modification of pets
>maps locked
I fucking spent over 150 hours trying to mod the game, but it ultimately can't, not like the first one.

Even worse, the devs simply dropped out of the earth after a few months, motherfucking jewish blizzard is giving more support to a dead game than them.
>>
>>321160628
this is sorta true for post 1.10 patch. syngergies killed a lot of the good builds, made a small handful of new ones. pre 1.10 was really spec any dmg skill you want and you can run hell.

examples: guided arrow zons = ded. orb sorc = ded. charge pally = ded. smite pally = gud.
>>
>>321169230
It isn't that I don't feel your pain anon, but it was a $20 game. Can you honestly say you didn't get your money's worth from it?

For me it was worth it just for the Spider Mines.
>>
>>321169668
I'd say to buy the first game, if you already have the first game then go play that and ignore the second one. I'd also say to kick any developer in the nut if you saw them.
>>
I like it, I'm trying to find all the good class combos which is fun. I've made about 5 so far and they all seem pretty damn viable.

The star map is kinda hard to read at first but I think it's fine if you just aim for the end game constellations
>>
The game's fantastic, just waiting for it to be completed by the next build. Shaman class is an absolute beast and might be my favourite thing I ever played
>>
>>321159495
>Titan's Quest with less character customization and worse itemization
That's bullshit though.

GD has far less of a focus on passives than TQ had, and unlike TQ it actually has items that can change define an entire build instead of just giving +damage or +cast speed or whatever.

The only thing GD does worse than TQ (in my opinion) is map design. The world of GD just feels more bland than TQ did.
>>
>>321174115
>The world of GD just feels more bland than TQ did.
Well yeah, can't really compare going through handful of different mythos in one game to "lovecraftian industrial post-apocalypse" that is just farmlands
>>
File: 1409031124668.jpg (15 KB, 200x287) Image search: [Google]
1409031124668.jpg
15 KB, 200x287
>still in early access
>>
>>321158640
I played it maybe 2 years ago or something? It was pretty dull honestly.
>>
>>321175268
I have to admit that Grim Dawn's ugly appearance dragged down a lot of my interest in it, but reading the thread's discussion renewed my interest.
I don't think the graphics are bad, I just hate the brown and grey "realism" schtick
>>
When the fuck is B29 coming, I'm so tired of the same old shit over and over again...
>>
>>321175530
Final content update is coming out at the end of Dec and final version early 2016.
>>
Anyone want to do some SoT runs?
>>
File: 1378400193268.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1378400193268.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>In early access for two years
>TWO YEARS
>OF EARLY ACCESS
Just. Like. Make. Game.

Fucking jews holy fuck.
>>
>>321176324

From what i heard for most of the time it was just like 1 guy making the game, and some of it while he was working as well.

Not going to say im not dissapointed that i wont be getting muh game faster. But they at least stuck to a steady schedule of content.
>>
>>321176324
It's been in alpba/beta for longer than it was in early access
>>
>>321158640

How do you make a game worse than Titan's Quest?
>>
>>321177872

I dunno, ask Jay Wilson.
>>
>>321165319
agreedo my family
>>
>>321169230
i was more pissed that so many systems were poorly thought out, and runic just threw up their hands and assumed that modders would fix it all

really terrible post-release support, contrary to what they did with torchlight 1
>>
>>321167318
youre not wrong but its content complete within the week and has double the content than originally planned
>>
>>321178351

And you know what, the modders would have fixed their shit if they did not release the modding tools months later than planned, when most people already gave up on the game.
>>
>titan quest

I never got much past act 1, I got so fucking bored.
>>
>>321167202
what
>no elves
>no dwarves
>no dragons
>no medieval shit
>no full plate
>>
How long until it's actually released or will it be abandoned and the dev will run off with your money?
>>
>>321178481
that's what i meant by terrible post-release support
>>
>>321178573

Yesterday the last content patch got announced, or at least its contents were finally shown in detail. So its getting launched this month, the rest will just be patching bugs and balance, so for all intents and purposes the game will be complete this month most likely.
>>
>>321164705
>or path of exile

As a serious arpg fan I assume you haven't played either as much as me otherwise you wouldn't say tgis
>>
File: 1361572841923.jpg (2 MB, 3000x2332) Image search: [Google]
1361572841923.jpg
2 MB, 3000x2332
>still not out
I'm not gonna bother playing unfinished games
>>
>>321164902
>abortion that is poe skill tree
You mean passive tree? The best passive tree / Stat point tree ever?
>>
Can I be a cute wizard girl in it? I only play these types of games if I can be a cute wizard girl.
>>
gonna give this a swing, only ARPGs i've played is diablo 3, POE, and 2 hours of TQ.
>>
>>321179113
It's good but it's a bit slow. It's really not a fast paced arpg
>>
>>321158640
>Is it as good as Titan Quest?
The skill tree is a carbon copy of TQ, it even has the same spell fx and animations. So if you liked TQ, you will like this.
>>
>>321179171
that's good, diabo 3 was a bit fast for my tastes.
>>
>>321179045
Girls here are all grim and no-nonsense
>>
How does this whole Devotion thing work? Haven't played the game in months because I was waiting for a final release.
>>
>>321179045

I guess... but who would want to be a girl wizard if you could be a bomb chucking madman wizard of fire.

>>321179960

You have shrines scaterred around the world, (25 in build 28, total points avialible 50). Each requires something, either an item, or killing the mobs it spawns to get a devotion point.

Then you have the devotion skill tree wich is clusters of bonuses. Its split into 5 different elements/colours, and completing each cluster gives you points towards those colours wich in turn open up other clusters. Clusters are themed, and some contain skills you can level up by killing monsters.

And you can reset it like the skill tree. Just another layer of customization.
>>
>>321179960
There are shrines in various places throughout the world. There are two methods of reactivating them. They will either want you to offer some specific ingredients, or defeat some monsters that it will spawn. Once you reactivate them you get a point for each shrine reactivated. You spend these on a massive constellation map that gives bonuses for each point that is spent, and a completed bonus for constellations. Some of these are passives that you assign to an ability (like an attack or a summon), and they have a proc chance, and gain EXP and get better as they level up. It is actually pretty decent.

There is one shrine that has an overarching quest to it though. But it is only that one. It is a Rover quest from memory and you need to get in good with them first to get it.

You can get pretty nasty buffs from the system. Definitely helped my character out.
>>
>>321180737
But I only play as a girl because I'm not gay and playing as a man is gay.
>>
>>321179960
It's like a huge interconnected tree, like the grids in PoE/FFX except way more open. Some of the clusters are just passives, but others have powerful spells in them, which you can connect to other abilities, etc.

The spells can earn XP and level up, becoming more powerful.
Thread replies: 123
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.