[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are other relatively mindless "shut off your brain
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: spelunky2.jpg (188 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
spelunky2.jpg
188 KB, 1280x720
What are other relatively mindless "shut off your brain and relax" games like Spelunky? and yeah I know it can be tough, but for some reason (mainly thanks to work) lately all I seem to want to play is spelunky due to lack of energy. Not in the mood to focus on puzzle games or story RPGs or FPSs, etc.

I tried binding of isaac and it's a bit too involved, not as fun as spelunky in the fucking around department
>>
>>321135869

La Mulana is what Spelunky was based off of.
>>
>>321135869
Spelunky is that game only after beating it a few times. Or maybe not, when I'm talking to someone or something I throw on Spelunky and my brain makes me go and play it. That's the only game that I can do that in.
>>
File: 1432611406537.jpg (188 KB, 800x793) Image search: [Google]
1432611406537.jpg
188 KB, 800x793
Risk of Rain is this game for me, especially with the artifacts.

Good for listening to music too, even though the game already has a god tier soundtrack
>>
You might like Downwell, OP.

>>321138213
>"shut off your brain and relax" games like Spelunky
>La Mulana
Might be the worst recommendation you could have possibly provided.
>>
>>321141312
>"shut off your brain and relax"
>la mulana
More like shut up and look at google for the walkthrough
>>
>>321135869
How can you relax playing spelunky?
>>
Binding of Isaac, obviously.
>>
towerclimb is like inverted spelunky with all RNG mitigation replaced with pure action

downwell is also nice but a bit more involved

please don't buy into the la-mulana is like spelunky meme. i dont know how it originated but it is some stupid shit. might as well compare to lego indiana jones
>>
>>321141984
Not them but I turn on cheatengine and give myself infinite bombs and life. Fun as fuck running around just goofing off like shit and doing whatever with no worry of dying

I'm not kidding, it's actually really fun.
>>
>>321141984
i got gud enough to not have to turn on my brain to beat olmec-mode

hellmode is another story in my case but not too hard if i put my head into it
>>
Euro Truck Simulator 2 is a pretty good brain shut off game if you enjoy driving/tapping wasd.
>>
>>321143217
This. Just a simple twin stick rougelike with fun powerups. Rebirth is good. Afterbirth is not worth full price.
>>
Get Downwell right now
>>
>>321135869
Rogue Legacy has been my go-to "play in short bursts" game. It's great because each run doesn't take that long and each time you feel like you're at least making progress.
>>
Doom 2 is my go-to mindless game.
>>
Waveform
>>
File: fun time.png (66 KB, 532x180) Image search: [Google]
fun time.png
66 KB, 532x180
>>321135869
Keep playing Isaac, it gets better. FTL is also a good game to relax like these two.
>>
>>321146835
Isaac is a slow paced completely rng reliant snoozefest.
>>
File: 1450723972249.gif (4 MB, 415x492) Image search: [Google]
1450723972249.gif
4 MB, 415x492
>>321135869
Maybe some GTA: SA would interest you? I find it very relaxing to just drive around the different maps and listening to the different radio, talk stations.

I find Postal series to be like this also as I can ignore the story and just go murder people and do other illegal things that require not much effort.

A RTS game such as CIV IV or V can be alright. Or even Hearthstone i find it a nice game to play while doing other things, like watching shows or reading. Garry's mod comes to mind also as you can do anything on that game, you can go to a cinema server and just watch movies and chat with the people there.
>>
>>321148239
>that gif
post more animated skyrim degeneracy.
>>
>>321135869
Tetris is pretty good
>>
Fuck bros I just want another Spelunky. Is there any game that's very similar to it? Preferably similar (or better) graphics. I have a hard time getting into a dated looking game.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.