[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>see battlefront is on sale for $20 dollars(converting from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: battleshit.png (187 KB, 429x403) Image search: [Google]
battleshit.png
187 KB, 429x403
>see battlefront is on sale for $20 dollars(converting from my local currency)
>oh, guess i can get it now
>see this
Well, guess this shit is already dead so i'm saving 20 bucks.
>>
Incredible how not even the movie hype could bump the numbers up.
>>
>>321135782
It's such a shame that a game that looks as good as it does turned out to be shit.
>>
>>321136284
Is it really that bad? I seens fun, specially the Heroes gameplay, but with such a small PC community I don't see a reason to get it.
>>
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 611x607) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 611x607
>Splatoon still has more active players seven months after release

What delicious irony
>>
>>321135782
I'm glad it's dead. I still kind of like DICE but fuck EA to oblivion. Mirror's Edge 2 was like the last sacred thing DICE had left and EA somehow managed to fuck that up too.
>>
File: 1450803372188.png (422 KB, 680x697) Image search: [Google]
1450803372188.png
422 KB, 680x697
>>321136620
>dudebroU
>>
18k peak is more than enough for a multiplayer game though. All you need is enough for a full server.
>>
>>321136817
>dudebroU

Wha
>>
>>321136536
It's fun for a few hours. There just isn't enough content.
Personal experience at friends house:
>not much of anything
>no campaign was pretty dissatisfying desu
>feels arcadey with powerups
>the only difference i felt in the guns were the fire rate (accuracy and damage are somewhat negligible)
>>
>>321136867
Not for a franchise that had many supporters and a gigantic ass advertising campaign
>>
>>321136867
It really isn't. Blops on PC have almost double the numbers and you can basically only play TDM and Dom. Sure Dom is nice but there's plenty of amazing game modes, specially hard point that is rarely played.
>>
http://swbstats.com/
JUST

But really, that's not many more players than Battlefield 4, which is over 2 years old. And they still haven't released sales numbers.
>>
>>321136867
For small games that is the case, but this is a AAA game that was marketed heavily and they had season passes and DLC planned so they can milk this game hard. It's dying fast and there was a report saying it's not selling well anymore, which could explain the sale OP's talking about.

It's a very bad, especially since the movie was supposed to make this game a cash cow, which is what a lot of investors believed.
>>
>>321137391
Considering their goal was 15 million across all platforms I wouldn't count on them releasing numbers anytime soon.
>>
>>321137391
Have you seen the BF4 status? The game on PC has almost double the player base. Battlefront is a total blunder
>>
>>321135782
this is why I play AAA shooters on my xbox one, they usually dont die for a while.
>>
>>321136536
It's not bad. It's just not great. The only thing going for it is the SW theme and if that wasn't there nobody would be playing or buying this for $60.
>>
>>321137620
I thought it was 13 million? Well regardless, it's still dying.

https://web.archive.org/web/20151204030128/http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-12-03-ea-defends-star-wars-battlefront-sales-after-gamestop-claim-launch-underperformed

Link to the so called report if anybody's interested.
>>
I wonder if the numbers will change much during friday (xmas)
>>
People getting bored of it before it left beta should have been red flag enough for a full pass.
>>
>>321137862
Because there's not much else to play.
>>
>Make an incredibly good looking game
>drag it down with braindead gameplay
What a fucking waste
>>
>>321136867

Maybe if you don't care playing the same 2 modes over and over again
>>
>>321136536
The only well-made aspect of it is the graphics. The voice acting and general sound effects are mediocre to obnoxious; the blasters are too samey (with the exception of the DL-44, which is absolutely broken as fuck since it kills in 2 or 3 shots when most blasters need around twice that); there is pathetic amounts of content like only a couple different maps and stupid gamemodes that exist as filler and nothing more; IT'S ONLY REBELLION ERA WHICH IS A SERIOUS FUCK-UP; offline mode is only for grinding credits and no fun in any way; a lot of cards are totally useless, even the jetpack is really shitty. There's so much more but not enough time to list them all.

Shit's a serious blunder. A waste of time and money for all involved.
>>
File: 1443434949708.jpg (57 KB, 429x408) Image search: [Google]
1443434949708.jpg
57 KB, 429x408
>Only appealing thing is the graphics
>mfw I would have bought battlefront if it looked like a last gen game but had the gameplay of the previous 2

Astounding how EA hasn't learned a thing in the last decade of gutting franchises and losing cash cows.
>>
File: bilbo.png (235 KB, 397x355) Image search: [Google]
bilbo.png
235 KB, 397x355
>>321136645
>I still kind of like DICE but fuck EA

>implying they aren't one in the same
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.