[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there anything bad about fallout new Vegas? Pic unrelated.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (156 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
156 KB, 1600x1600
Is there anything bad about fallout new Vegas? Pic unrelated.
>>
the gameplay is meh
>>
>>321135461
made on Bethesdas shit engine
>>
Bad graphics, the beginning of the game is kind of boring. The actual strip in New Vegas is disappointing. It's like four buildings.
>>
File: scoobyoh no my life.jpg (306 KB, 780x557) Image search: [Google]
scoobyoh no my life.jpg
306 KB, 780x557
>>321136926
someone post the train pic I think it moved by having a human body.Not sure if it was fanv or 3.
>>
>>321135461
It's pretty much the same exact game as Fallout 3. So whatever gameplay faults 3 had, New Vegas also has them, since it's just "Fallout 3: Brown Version."

It also somehow manages to be even more fucking broken than 3 was.
>>
File: jpg.jpg (70 KB, 600x417) Image search: [Google]
jpg.jpg
70 KB, 600x417
>>321137172
turns out it was fallout 3
>>
>>321137584
To be fair though as long as nobody knows about that then it doesn't matter.
>>
I played it for a week and couldn't really get into it. I thought the VATS system was stupid, but not entirely detrimental to the RPG experience. And y'know, you get bugs and such, but the only thing I'd really fault it for is what >>321135546 said.

Oh, and that Vegas strip was a joke.

Still better than that heap of garbage that was Fallout 3.
>>
>>321135461
Lack of legion content
Gauss rifle still runs on magic microfusion cells with no projectile.
That bug with blind deathclaws having inf perception.
The scorpions in old world blues being just bullet sponges.
I disliked the crafting interfaces, bullet crafting was a pain in the ass.

>>321137584
As much as this gets posted around it is clever a workaround to a shit engine. I would say it shows exactly what bethesda does though, a lot of little clever shortcuts add up to an engine that is held together by tape and hope.
>>
>>321135461
Whats with the pic?
>>
>>321135461
unfinished af
>>
>>321137889
but we know anon, we know thanks to that guy that masturbate to trains, now it matters.
>>
>>321138095
>That bug with blind deathclaws having inf perception.

That's not a bug
>>
>>321138136
Unrelated
>>
>>321138243
I thought it was because they have perception of zero and so it rolls over to some absurdly high number, or am I thinking of something else.
>>
Some of the same problems that plagued Fallout 3, mostly related to the engine.
>>
>>321138243
I was fucking terrified of deathclaws in New Vegas. Those things could stomach multiple shots with the fucking antimaterial rifle to the head not die. The only solution for them I had was to downright nuke the abominations.
>>
>>321138356
Checking it, they only have a perception of 8, which is only higher than baby/young deathclaws and Deathclaws outside of Quarry Junction.
>>
>>321138978
Wait am i thinking of the ghost people?
Yeah, they all have a perception of zero.
>>
>>321139213
Well i checked the wiki, it says they're actually extremely easy to sneak by because of their 0 perception
>>
>>321135461
Story behind this pic?

Is it really a h'wite man choking the life out of a niglet? (every h'wite man's duty btw) Please say yes.

By why didn't it make headline news and start a chimpout?
>>
>>321139809
found this tidbit on the nexus about ghost people and zero perception.

The Perception of each of the levelled Ghost People templates has been changed to 1, from 0. According to The Vault, the Perception of 0 would produce an engine error that would give the Ghost People essentially infinite Perception, making it completely impossible to sneak past them. Clearly, it was intended for it to be very easy to sneak past them, so a Perception of 1 should suffice. All variants of Ghost People, from level 1 to level 50, should now be much, much easier to sneak around.
>>
The game will never reach its full potential. They crammed in as much as they could and made a fun game with a cool narrative, but it could have been so, so much more.
>>
>>321135461
A lot of content was cut.
This can be seen with all the towns you find that have had recent even that caused it to be abandoned, and the fact that joining the Legion and making enemies with the NCR causes the entire map to be hostile to you (Legion was originally going to have it's own territory in the game)
>>
File: l5qb4hg.gif (2 MB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
l5qb4hg.gif
2 MB, 600x338
>>321135461
i dont even know what the fuck is goin on but this pic gets me every godamn time.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.