[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I love Fallout and it's deepest lore, but holy shit what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 51
File: jety.jpg (89 KB, 500x734) Image search: [Google]
jety.jpg
89 KB, 500x734
I love Fallout and it's deepest lore, but holy shit what is the deal with people freaking out for over a month about the origin of an in-game drug?
>>
This thread is the first I've heard about it. I stopped playing FO4 after about a week because I got bored of the same old shit that it has been since FO3 and they refused to create a new engine for this game.
>>
Is it raining in saint louis right now? I think it is, can anyone check for me?
>>
it proves that bethesda just doesn't care though that was obvious in FO3
>>
File: h.png (32 KB, 606x495) Image search: [Google]
h.png
32 KB, 606x495
>>321133698
no it aint
>>
It's on the East Coast, OP.
It's not canon.
>>
>>321133572
Jet was made in post-war New Reno (California) from Brahmin shit fumes and other chemicals.

Its found in pre-war building and vaults on the East Coast, people know perfectly how to make it despite its from the other side of the seaboard.

It makes no sense at all. Like finding fresh cabbage in Skyrim's ancient Drauger caves.
>>
>>321133901
That's not the issue.
I can suspend disbelief for it spreading to the east coast.
But the fact the game pretends it's a pre-war drug when 2 seconds of google searching shows it was invented after the bombs dropped.
>>
Jet gives a shit buff for melee playthrough so i didnt care at all
>>
>>321133572

Nobody's specifically freaking out about that, it's just one of the many examples in the game that proves Bethesda really doesn't give a shit about you other than your money.

It's even a step-down when compared to FO3.
>>
>>321134025
It's kinda a different jet if we really try to make a reasonable answer for that.
I mean is cow shit and chemicals, not like they weren't any chemist on the east coast, they just named it jet for simplicity of the game.
About jet in prewar building they may be from some dead scavanger. Not only the protagonist had picklocks and hacking skills, and in the huge lapse of time between bombs and actual game time it's probably that the mayority of pre-war buildings have already been visited by scavanger, raiders, another vault dwelllers, super mutants, ghouls etc
>>
I think the complaint is that you likely kill myron(the creator of jet) in FO2 and yet you still see it something like 100 years later on the other side of the country.
If you think about it though, the brotherhood went from southern california to the commonwealth(boston and such) via air ship. Its safe to assume i think that they could have figured out how to make it and do on an individual basis, or they sold the shit to someone that figured it out.
>>
>>321134895
> 200 year old locked off section of a vault
> You can find Jet in medical boxes, a drug invented only 50 years ago on the other side of America.

Explain that one apologist.
>>
It's not about the fact that they messed up the lore, nobody could be expected to remember literally everything about a game's lore such as Fallout, that's impossible.

What's really irking people is that they're trying to defend their shit going against the lore by saying that it doesn't really matter. If that Hines guy on Twitter just said "You're right, that is a little fishy, I'll talk to the writers about it", and they edited the log entry so that it fit in with the lore "I developed a NEW type of Jet!" or something along those lines, then nobody would complain. But Hines was just super dismissive about the whole matter. That's what's getting under people's skin.
>>
>>321135243
Except the Western Brotherhood created the ship in Washington D.C four years ago and the Brotherhood abhors the use of substances in their knightly lifestyle.

Only a very tiny minority of the Brotherhood would be stupid enough to risk the use of Jet. They are routinely checked in medical tests and drug use would find them booted out of the order instantly.
>>
>>321133572
I just love how vault boy became the face of everything. They even call him Pip boy for some reason.
>>
>>321135647
granted, but it could have been brought with the intent of money making. Also, the EASTERN brotherhood was exiled, and thats how they ended up there. They left cali on a series of zeppelins. fallout tactics covers this.
>>
>>321135302
I repeat, it could not be actually jet but another similar chem with similar effects, they just name it jet for simplicity sake
Although they could easily just put Daddy-O, daytripper ,X-cell or even psycho
>>
>>321135842
The reasoning for them going east in Tactics was because they were hunting down the last of the Master's army and it took place a couple years after Fallout 1. That's been retconned to hell and back.
>>
>>321136146
I'm still going off of what fallout tactics said. personally, i think its a good damn game, that and brotherhood of steel(for the consoles)
>>
>>321133572
Because it breaks the lore, and if you cared about the lore, you'd be pissed they messed up too.
>>
>>321135842
The Eastern Brotherhood was an expeditionary force to recover the technology within the capital of the United States, a very likely location of huge worthwhile tech which warranted a force to be sent cross-country to find it.

They were only ever exiled by the Outcasts who were sick of Lyon being a moralfag and they just wanted the technology and leave.

Luckily a descendant of Maxon had only the true claim to the position of Elder after the Lyon dynasty got blown the fuck out. Now we have Arthur, king of the wasteland, remover of synths and all corrupted degenerates.
>>
>>321133572
There's no reason they couldn't just create a different drug and call it something else. It's just plain lazy.
>>
File: 1450317903627.jpg (19 KB, 255x278) Image search: [Google]
1450317903627.jpg
19 KB, 255x278
>>321134025
Still not as bad as

>Fucking Army Building
>Master locked chest
>Pistol made from post-war scrap
>my face when
>>
>>321136475
What really fucked me up when i started playing fo4 was when I saw maxon he looked almost exactly like my character and i was like oh shit! is my son the ultimate badass?! turns out...hes not
>>
Fallout 2 takes place in 2241, Fallout 3 in 2277. It's perfectly reasonable for production of jet to have spread to the east coast in that time.

Of course, it showing up in locked vaults and pre-war notes is bullshit.
>>
File: six_girls_seeking_shelter_1927.jpg (545 KB, 1600x1434) Image search: [Google]
six_girls_seeking_shelter_1927.jpg
545 KB, 1600x1434
>>321133572
Whats it with graphic designers not knowing that digital paintings looks nothing like old Lithographed posters.

Everything is way too flat and uniform in digital posters.
>>
>>321136689
I hate the random loot system when it does shit like that. It shouldn't be too hard to make it so you only find certain weapons in certain locations, like pre-war weapons in national guard outposts, and pipe weapons in raider camps or whatever.
>>
>>321136689
> Spend 8 bobby pins opening a Master lock
> 50 caps, some craft items and a pipe rifle
>>
File: 1450568535471.jpg (108 KB, 637x636) Image search: [Google]
1450568535471.jpg
108 KB, 637x636
>>321133572
Because it demonstrates that they're using concepts and imagery from the Fallout universe because people recognize it and expect to see it, but they don't understand why those concepts were used in the first place.

Jet had its place in Fallout 2, with groups profiting off of it in the NCR. It was a gameplay element, but also served to show a natural facet of the world of Fallout. The new civilization building itself on the ideals of the old one also found itself adopting its corruption and ugliness.

As for the concept of Vault 95, I find the idea strange when considering the who is behind Vault-Tec. The Vaults were made with a twofold objective: Preserve a certain population which would be ''pure'' from radioactive contamination, and conduct social experiments that would help the Enclave establish a new society.

Say what you want about ''control subject'' Vaults, but Vault 95 by concept seems doomed from the start to produce any healthy population as to help repopulating America, and as a social experiment, it presumes a sufficient amount of resources in the wasteland for creating drugs and that this drug usage might inevitably affect their own population and that somehow the Enclave would care enough to rehabilitate them
>>
>>321136921

I'll throw them a bone and reckon it's intentionally meant to be faux because it's shown in FO2 that they mastered cel-shading and 3D graphics before the bombs fell. It looks like a digital poster imitating lithographs because it IS a digital poster attempting to imitate a lithograph.
>>
>>321133686
>and they refused to create a new engine for this game.

Only people who don't know shit about engines will shit on engines.

Game engines aren't something that becomes outdated and bad. Game engines are something that is built upon. Why do you think Valve still uses Source engine or why others still use Unreal engine despite how old both of them are?

Engines are not outdated or anything like that. They add more stuff to it as it ages and becomes better and better to suit the times.
>>
>>321137256
So the control vaults to my understanding were the only ones supposed to even live but they figured THEY were the remainder of the US not the people in the vaults. The Enclave literally didnt care about anyone but themselves.
>>
>>321137256

The vaults were originally meant to test the effects of long-term isolation during space travel, werent they?

Half of the vaults make absolutely no sense in that context
>>
>>321138059
Hey, you never know when you might run into a space panther.
>>
>>321138059
Careful there, that is based on Fallout 2 cut content and hasn't been comfirmed canon by anyone
>>
>>321136689
>blow up the citadel in FO3
>Maxxson somehow survives to make it into FO4

>Blow away zimmerman in FO3
>He is mentioned as being alive in FO4

THis fuckin game
>>
>>321137541
Source 2 was officially released march, 2015.
>>
Reminder Vaults have lost all original meaning as tests by the heartless US Government and now are solely used as humour.

What are the Vault experiment /v/ rankings
Of course Vault 11 wins Elder God tier spot
>>
>>321133572
literally a dozen people man who the fuck cares

>>321133698
no bro its wet but it's not raining, i see you're point though thanks
>>
>>321138369
It was actually supposed to be revealed in Van Buren. The Come Fly With Me quest in New Vegas was the quest that was supposed to reveal that little tidbit, but they removed any and all references to the Enclave and their plans when they brought it back.
>>
>>321138459
Not only that, Unreal 4 is out now too.
>>
File: 1.jpg (601 KB, 860x744) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
601 KB, 860x744
Just proves that Bethesda doesn't actually give a shit about the original games even though they claimed to be "huge fans" of the originals.
>>
>>321136862
>It's perfectly reasonable for production of jet to have spread to the east coast in that time.
https://youtu.be/ff_03ATdnjM?t=3m17s
>>
>>321138576
Then maybe they changed their mind about what the direction they wanted to take that plotline in
>>
File: john memen.jpg (105 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
john memen.jpg
105 KB, 960x540
>so I told Todd to fuck the lore up and make the game like Borderlands, and he actually did it, the absolute madman!
>>
>>321138843
God knows why. That was probably the only reasonable explanation for why the vaults were made to do the retarded shit that they're known for now.
>>
>>321137541

Except the Gamebryo engine was designed for TBS games like Civilization, not for realtime open-world RPGs set in the modern world/future like Fallout, who needs to use engine trickery just to get vehicles working properly, and has hardcoded memory caps which make the game run terribly in spite of all the advances in computing since Lamebryo was first concived.
>>
>>321138461
I still find it weird how people who've been cooped up and coddled for over 200 years are secretly all fucking badasses.
>>
>>321138845

>Fallout 3.5: The pre-sequel
>You play as Liberty Prime's AI in a synth body and accompany Kellogg on his wandering mercenary saga
>>
>>321135775

Fuck damn it when you upgrade it in Vault City the game call him "Pip-Boy" the fucking manual call him "Pip-boy" the fucking developers call him "Pip-boy"
>>
>>321134378
That's why you make Psychojet.
>>
>>321139046

Vault dwellers have VATs which allows them to control time. digitize items, and gives them aim assist
>>
>>321139141

>Getting to play as Liberty "Fuck Communism" Prime

That would be an improvement and too cool for Beth to make.
>>
>>321139141
>HATE COMMUNISM
>>
>>321139412
VATS is just a gameplay thing, it's not actually canon. Besides, VATs didn't exist in the originals, it was just a system that let you target specific body parts to make the shooting more robust, what with the combat being turn-based and all.
>>
>>321139576
*tips fedora*
>>
What annoys is Bethesda had a chance to make a whole new fucking world on the East Coast. Different old factions, new monsters, new mutant types etc. New Drugs, etc?

Seriously, you have the eastern coast. The fucking BIRTHPLACE of the country. There is so much neat shit, factions, and situations you can rip off and apply to the new world. Yet they go with a shitty half-baked revenge story that blows it's load half way through.
>>
>Pre-war vertibirds
>Protagonist and others survive a close range full sized nuclear bomb with zero damage
>Captain Crunch is immortal because having cybernetics apparently makes your organic parts last forever too
>Power Armor just laying around all over the goddamn place
>Talon Company 2.0 aka The Gunners
>Gigantic hordes of supermutants and raiders again because lol bethesda
>Liberty fucking Prime yet again because lol whacky 50's setting
>>
>>321139141

Yea right, like Bethesda is gonna make you play anything else than a Vault Dweller.
>>
>>321139670
I'd like to think Pipboys are Mini-GECK's
>>
>>321139761
>New Vegas
>>
>>321139695
>>Captain Crunch is immortal because having cybernetics apparently makes your organic parts last forever too
Holy shit this. Why didn't Father hook himself up? Why didn't anyone in the institute do this for themselves, but gave a fucking random hired thug the privilege of living forever?

Why did they need thugs when they had Synths?
>>
>>321139796
Do you not know what GECKs do?
>>
>>321139576
>(Sarcastic) I FUCKING HATE COMMUNISM
>>
>>321133572
Its the little details that make a game.
>>
What the ever loving fuck is the Assault Rifle suppose to be.
>>
>>321139946

You are not very bright, arent ya?
>>
>>321139946
they did not develop that
>>
>>321139946
New Vegas is an Obsidian game
>>321139951
I think he means that it has the ability to manipulate matter and shit through complex mass energy conversion,but not to the extent the GECK would.
>>
C H I M
G
E
C
K
>>
>>321139948

Bethesda explained all of that in-game, even though their explanation was retarded.
>>
>>321138448
It's called a canon ending bud.
>>
File: Cait Red Dress.jpg (506 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Cait Red Dress.jpg
506 KB, 1920x1080
CAIT IS ATTRACTIVE

ATTRACTIVE!
>>
>>321133572
I couldn't care less. I pirated and played for 2 days then got bored because it felt clunky like every Bethesda game. I couldn't enjoy quests because they're shit, I couldn't enjoy exploration because they turned it into garbage gathering minigame, I couldn't enjoy fighting because it's the same as other fallout games aka utterly retarded bulletsponge bullshit and I couldn't enjoy basebuilding because it was made by incompetents who went out of their way to make sure you can't have fun.
>>
>>321133572
If it was something minor no one would give a shit. But drugs, and jet in particular, is kind of a big plot point in fallout 2. So when they rewrite that they basically throw a lot of fallout 2 plot out the window.
>>
>>321140225
You mean Piper
>>
File: 1448390927040.gif (734 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
1448390927040.gif
734 KB, 220x220
>>321140104
I would laugh my ass off if they somehow put chim in fallout, then I'd boycott every game they put out from that point forward
>>
>I can't modify grognaks axe into a chain axe
>or at all
>custom weapon sytem actually really shits on gun variety
I do think pipe weapons were pretty neat, I just didn't like how shit like Super Muntants were using them thought I have to wonder where the FUCK are these mutants getting all this good tech. Like the institute makes them, do they hand these shitters mini-nukes and mini-guns before TELEPORTING them out?
>>
File: bethesda in charge of assets.jpg (3 MB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
bethesda in charge of assets.jpg
3 MB, 2560x1600
>>321140294
>piper
>>
>>321140139
I couldn't take it after a while. I quit the game when we started getting into fucking mind jacking. I have a high bullshit tolerance when it comes to suspending my disbelief and FO4 broke me.
>>
File: Dredd's Seal of Disapproval.png (72 KB, 190x190) Image search: [Google]
Dredd's Seal of Disapproval.png
72 KB, 190x190
>>321140321
>all of those retards who swear up and down TES and Fallout are in the same universe would be proven right
>>
File: latest[1].png (152 KB, 768x440) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
152 KB, 768x440
>>321139692
Anon when Bethesda tries to come up with their own new factions we get shit like Talon Company and The Gunners.

Completely unexplained heavily armed mercenary outfits that work for nobody and get paid nothing whose only objective is to shoot on sight. And they don't seem to have any problems with supplies or munitions or anything despite being in a wasteland with no one who could possibly supply them.

Pic very fucking related. Holy shit Bethesda.
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Talon_Company
>>
File: 1448834341673.webm (942 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1448834341673.webm
942 KB, 1280x720
>>321140429
>>
>>321140321
>>321140503
Well they both have sweet rolls.
>>
>>321140503
Isn't TES one of those trippy "the world is the dream of a dying giant on the back of a marijuana powered space turtle" settings?
>>
>>321139692
I think what pisses me of is that they never properly explain how super mutants came to be a whole faction even if you believe the bullshit about the institute finding the experimental super serum and then edit it to be the same as the masters FEV virus then they would just mass produce these clearly insane murderous creatures wouldn't they stop after one
>>
>>321140715
It takes place within a dream of a long sleeping god, yes.
>>
>>321140582

I never understod why they where after me. Like who would put a price over my head for being generaly good.
>>
>>321140081
>it has the ability to manipulate matter and shit through complex mass energy conversion,but not to the extent the GECK would.

What
>>
>>321139951
The Geck is a matter-energy replicator and miraculous terraforming device, transforming an area into energy and then reforming it according to a certain molecular pattern. It isn't too far fetched it could stop time.
>>
>>321140503

Are there people who actually have a shred of reasoning behind this other than "muh head canon"?

And no, sweet rolls don't count. Those are food and I'm 100% positive that if you gave someone flour, sugar, and cinnamon they'd eventually come up with a sweet roll.
>>
>>321139692
Has Bethesda ever created a good plot in any of their open world "RPG"s aside from the Dark Brotherhood in Oblivion?
>>
>>321140958
Not really. It's an argument purely based on the fact that Bethesda owns and develops both franchises and reused assets from TES show up in Fallout from time to time. It's retarded.
>>
File: 1365791489215.jpg (160 KB, 666x666) Image search: [Google]
1365791489215.jpg
160 KB, 666x666
>>321140928
>>
>>321138485

What's his point? I feel like in missing something important...
>>
>>321140715
something something Nirn is the centre of a wooden wheel, the spokes are the barrier between oblivion planes and the space between the spokes are planes of oblivion

Aetherius is outside the wheel and all of this is the sleeping dream of a god.

Realizing the god exists and you don't like it means you zero-sum, you will yourself out of existence because you want out of the shitty dream

Realizing the god exists but rather want to control the dream means you become CHIM and have god-mode/noclip toggled on and you can do what the fuck you like
>>
>>321140806
>long sleeping god
>PC in FO4 was long asleep
>If it was their dream they would've been seen as a god

It's confirmed, same universe.
>>
>>321141137
Even that plotline sucked after a while. It had a neat setup where you find out you've been assassinating other brotherhood members the whole time, but when you find out who's been setting you up it's just some literally who you haven't met or heard of up until that point. The quests were the only good part about it.
>>
>>321138820
Even assuming that means that jet is itself forgotten (which wouldn't make any sense), rather than the obvious meaning in that it's the act of first creating jet is forgotten, it's not like endings are always canon. Both endings for the BOS in 1 get completely ignored in 2.
>>
>>321134025
>Like finding fresh cabbage in Skyrim's ancient Drauger caves.
Didn't that one mission explain their relatives stop by and bring offerings of fresh food?
>>
>>321141661
Why is it still filled with monsters and shit?
>>
>>321141303
>TES' bizarre metaphysical shit is actually just a synth having an AI breakdown
>>
>>321141661

>Ancient Drauger Cave
>"Modern" relatives
>Not getting killed by the millions of Draug

Sure why not.
>>
>>321141770
The monsters only attack those with dragon souls, silly
>>
>>321140429
They look like the same person but the one on the left is superior.
>>
>>321137256
You think Vault 95 is dumb? How about Vault 87, the hackjob excuse Beth created for east coast super mutants.

What experimental conditions were they trying to test by filling a vault full of extremely deadly mutating virus? How to kill the fuck out of everything as fast as possible?

Oh and despite the fact that it was essentially a vault doomed to fail almost instantly, it still had a GECK in it.

Not to mention Bethesda confused West-tek and Vault-tec.
>>
File: 1450001354192.gif (876 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1450001354192.gif
876 KB, 500x281
>>321137541
Their game engine is over 8 years old. its time to fucking update.
>>
Are any of the Fallout 3 DLC actually worth playing?
>>
>>321142151
they wont do that if people keep giving them money
>>
File: AAA1447028026618.gif (2 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
AAA1447028026618.gif
2 MB, 200x150
>>321137541
>Why do you think Valve still uses Source engine
new ones being made
>Unreal engine
Unreal engine 3 is out. oh and bethesdas engine is fucking outdated. doesnt even reflect next gen at all.
>>
File: 1368549981508.jpg (57 KB, 393x391) Image search: [Google]
1368549981508.jpg
57 KB, 393x391
>RANDOM LOOT
>>
>>321142224
The Pitt and Point Lookout are decent. Broken Steel is required to play passed the main quest and to get to level 30, but it isn't all that great otherwise. The other two are awful, but get you some decent gear if you're willing to suffer through them for that.
>>
the thing that annoyed me the most in Fallout 4 was how it seemed like they almost did try to add more factions like the Raiders and Gunners, giving them unique named NPCs and some with actual stories to them, only to cut that and make them just mobs to kill.
Like the Combat zone and the robot races could have been cool shit to visit when sided with raiders, letting you bet on robots or putting Codsworth in there but nope, they just shoot you.
And the Gunners, some form of actual organized military like unit, with vertibirds and decent arms and armor seems like some cool sort of up and coming NCR like faction....but nope they just shoot at you.
>>
>>321142418
There is a lizard in this picture that some people miss.

I point it out every time I see it.
>>
>>321142510
Mothership Zeta was just a colossal self referential clusterfuck of a DLC spawned out of a history of mildly amusing in game easter eggs and Operation Anchorage was a completely Linear, useless and essentially retarded exercise in how to utterly fuck the pacing and genre of an otherwise pretty decent game in my opinion, however I do concur that the Pitt and Point Lookout were excellent
>>
>>321141912
The Draugers only wake up and attack outsiders and people meaning harm to the ruins.They do not attack their family.

Before you say they attacked the guy you have with you in that one mission, they stated they were being controlled by a necromancer.

As for why they attack you before you do anything or regardless of what you have done, and even if you're there to specifically save the ruins...that's just shitty writing.
>>
>>321139046
It makes sense since growing up in a vault means you'd be healthy as fuck - no nutritional issues, clean water your entire life, no exposure to radiation, etc - meanwhile everyone else wouldn't exactly have those luxuries
>>
File: hhhehehe.jpg (66 KB, 498x333) Image search: [Google]
hhhehehe.jpg
66 KB, 498x333
>>321142868
This Lizard to be precise
>>
>>321142998

Mothership Zeta was completely pointless.

Operation Anchorage was okay but that's because I would just sprint over to it at level 1, play it getting free exp to level 8, then leave with power armor and the most broken stealth armor ever created in any game.
>>
>>321142510
>>321142998
I picked up Fallout 3 and never bothered with DLC or even a second playthrough,

Thanks for the insight, might grab Pitt and Point Lookout.
>>
>>321142868
That's actually pretty cool thanks anon
>>
>>321143153
Indeed. I've blown so many peoples minds with that revelation, surprised there are any people left who don't know.
>>
>>321143028

1) You're an outsider (As you stated)
2) You were BORN with the soul of a dragon, so draugers automatically hate you because fuck dragons.
>>
File: 1446948028149.jpg (64 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
1446948028149.jpg
64 KB, 768x432
>>321140582
>they are working for an unknown third party, with simple orders: keep the Capital Wasteland a lawless, disorganized place.

Why? Why would they even make this a faction?
>>
File: 1431664966047.jpg (29 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1431664966047.jpg
29 KB, 720x480
>>321143079
Wouldn't that mean there's 200+ years of mutated diseases you're NOT immune to?
Wouldn't exiting the vault make you die to some super flu in a few days?
>>
File: NEWSPAPERS.jpg (135 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
NEWSPAPERS.jpg
135 KB, 800x800
>Piper is a reporter
>She can come into direct contact with extra-terrestrial life
>She kills extra-terrestrial life
>She now has proof of extra-terrestrial life
>easily the biggest news story in the history of humanity, even bigger than the war
>literally no reaction whatsoever

GREAT JOB BETHESDA VERY IMMERSIVE
>>
>>321143347
So that the player would have things to kill.
Bethesda's design philosophy is to make the player the center of the universe. Everything exists only so that player can interact with it.
>>
>>321143310
You're welcome, anon.

>>321143402
Well, the flu would have had to adapt somehow, likely from other humans... and if it's as deadly as you say it is, the humans will be dead long before they can pass it on to you.
>>
>>321143476
>HATE NEWSPAPERS
>HATE NEWSPAPERS
>HATE NEWSPAPERS?
Who wrote this dialogue
>>
>>321135617
Source?
>>
File: 1367247942981.jpg (17 KB, 245x204) Image search: [Google]
1367247942981.jpg
17 KB, 245x204
>>321143203
My point entirely, Not only did it just randomly swap the genre from RPG to FPS for like an hour or some shit, negate the existing game mechanics and replace them with new shit ones which you then had to get used to but it then proceeded to break the rest of the game, especially if you did the loot glitch to get the unbreakable weapons and winterized combat armour with a STUPID high DT

Fuck Operation Anchroage, and Fuck those goddamn bullshit OP Chinese tank mini boss sections
>>
>>321143402
Possibly, but simply being raised healthy would probably mean your immune system would be capable of dealing with new threats

A wastelander who had to deal with a vault-specific sickness would be far worse off than a vault-dweller dealing with a wasteland sickness
>>
>>321143402
logically that's probably why Shaun got cancer.
baby from before the war, then grew up in the sterile clean Institute, his body probably didn't have any resistance to even the most passive amounts of radiation normal people of the wasteland experience causing whatever case of super-cancer he got.
>>
>>321143647
It was 9001 hours in MS Paint, anon
>>
>>321143604
>Well, the flu would have had to adapt somehow, likely from other humans... and if it's as deadly as you say it is, the humans will be dead long before they can pass it on to you.

That's not how the human immune system works.
>>
>>321143267
Point Lookout is a Lovecraftian masterpiece full of all kinds of supernatural elements and a pretty intriguing story and setting, well worth a playthrough
>>
>mfw realizing ricky is speech-failures personified
>>
So is there ever any explanation to the gunners at all?

Bethesda at least gave Talon Company a cheap "unknown employer" excuse but there doesn't seem to be anyone paying the Gunners at all in 4
>>
>>321143880
Nope, cause fuck you. But hey, pay us $15 and you'll get a cool DLC about them.
>>
>>321143880
They were a vault experiment to breed super soldiers.

Would have been better if they weren't insta hostile but this is a Bethesda game...
>>
>>321143880
Just organised raiders.
>>
File: 'FUCK LORE' - Bethesda 2015.jpg (159 KB, 619x918) Image search: [Google]
'FUCK LORE' - Bethesda 2015.jpg
159 KB, 619x918
>>321143660
https://twitter.com/DCDeacon/status/668802348140109824
>>
>>321134895
Functionally speaking, Jet in fallout 4 works pretty similar to how it works in 2
>>
>>321143670

Why take the power armor when you can have chinese stealth armor which is infinite stealth boy?
>>
>>321143880
Gunners are freelancers, but very territorial.
Individual squads can be hired to do anything you like pretty much.
Just don't go near their bases without an escort or you get fucked. You contact them through sanctuary-esque settlements like goodneighbor. You don't actually "go" to them. They don't like people on their lawn.
>>
>>321143880
They're raiders, basically.

You're just on their turf.
>>
>Raiders shoot everyone on sight
How do they recruit anyone?
>Gunners shoot everyone on sight
How do they recruit anyone?

Bethesda really just don't give a fuck, do they?
>>
>>321134895
It took Myron an accident to make Jet.
Basically, he noticed that a lot of slaves were getting high while they were working with the giant vats of fertiliser for his shrooms.
Then it took 100 slaves or so for him to perfect Jet so it wouldn't kill people.
>>
>>321143735
Or the fact that he ate a face full of nuke when he was a baby

Its funny, the Institute raids Vault 111 on orders of "the old man" and manages to pick the baby and couple that got hit with a ton of radiation just before entering the vault out of all the other potential subjects

Pottery
>>
>>321144017
So the mutants would be realistic if they didn't talk?
>>
>>321141297
then explain why vivec gets cucked and fucks off during the oblivion crisis and the meteor crushes his dumb city you FRICK
>>
>>321144017
>doesn't say what year that was posted

It's a fucking sealed vault
>>
>>321144274
what?
>>
>>321143835
Yes it is. The virus would have had to adapt to be able to ignore/be immune to the immune system in order to kill the host. It must have adapted VIA humans, otherwise it would never have gotten resistant enough to the immune system to kill them.

If it's strong enough to kill somebody, then the method of carrying has be ended. Flu is transferred via water droplets. Thus, if the person is dead, it cannot be passed on that way.
>>
>>321144183
>Raiders
They don't.
Probably history together or families.

>Gunners
Through representatives and recruiters in large settlements.
>>
>>321144081
Are any of these named gunners important, or are they just there for fluff?

The only named ones I could find who were even for a quest were Macreedy's enemies. There isn't even a quest to kill the Minuteman traitor who fucked over Quincy as far as I can tell. He's just kind of there and you can kill him.
>>
>>321144183

Same way Caesar's Legion did: Wage war, when the Legion rapes your ass they'll take whatever's left which won't oppose them.
>>
>>321144058
Because someone mentioned it was a pretty cool glitch at the time for some free unique armour and shit, I didn't realise it was going to be completely OP as fuck, although i'm not saying the Chinese Stealth Armour wasn't OP as fuck as well, because it definitely definitely was
>>
>>321143835
he never mentioned the immune system dude....
>>
>>321141323

And that is why the Thief Guild is the best thing out of Oblivion
>>
>squirrel on a stick is a food in game
>no squirrels in sight
?
>>
>>321144017
>he thinks it's about "realism"

It's not about realism, it's about internal consistency you fucking dumb cunt

god damnit I fucking hate Bethesda even more now
>>
>>321138768
Being a huge fan of something doesn't mean you're a sperglord on the knowledge. If you're making a game you probably should be, but c'mon. Look at Blizzard for a great example. The lead writer doesn't even remember the shit that he wrote.
>>
>>321144183
Usually by going into towns and getting impressionable people.

9/10 they start shooting at you because they found you smack dab in their base/territory.
>>
>LOL ITS JUST A STORY HEAVY ROLE PLAYING GAME WHY DO PEOPLE GIVE A SHIT IF THE STORY IS WELL WRITTEN OR INTERNALLY CONSISTENT

Gee retard, I don't know.
>>
>>321144017
Fuck this shit. I'm so sick of companies coming in, shitting on our favorite franchises, and then dismissing our complaints when things don't add up. C'mon /v/, take a fucking stand. We need a catchy hashtag and a poll asking for Pete Hines resignation. Dude is a massive fucking chode and literally doesn't give a fuck about this franchise.
>>
>>321144485
it's because they're on sticks.
>>
File: 1450122638806.gif (2 MB, 315x210) Image search: [Google]
1450122638806.gif
2 MB, 315x210
>>321144638
>it's because they're on sticks.
>>
>>321144017
>HURR FANTASY ELEMENTS MEAN SHIT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE
People don't complain about superman being a super hero.

People complain that all he needs is glasses for people to be sure he's Clark Kent.
>>
>>321144339
Part of Pete's argument is that a world with talking mutants isn't realistic.
>>
>>321140503
God I hope not. Keep that TEShit away from my Fallout
>>
>>321144407
That pissed me off. No Minutemen quest like that. Like "Hey Preston, lets go get Quincy back and open up another settlement so you can send me on more bitch quests!" No other stuff like, Minutemen waging war on a big raider camp or ghoul place and once that's done the number of settlement attacks gets reduced for a weeks in game time.
>>
>>321144307
Because Vivec is a supreme asshole who doesn't really care about anything. He probably thought it was funny when he heard the news about the meteor fucking over his city, and by extension all of Vvardenfell.

>>321144191
What I find funny is they wanted a baby who was untouched by the wasteland, but instead of grabbing all these pure people and making them get it on from the safety of the institute, they just randomly decide to kill everyone inside the vault and take one fucking baby. The whole institute in general felt like a clusterfuck of a few incompetent writers trying to write a single organization without even talking to each other.
>>
>>321144582
The thing is it doesn't make sense either way

They're addicts, right? But are they all addicted to the same drug? Probably not. So why would they all go apeshit for Jet? An alcoholic isn't going to give a fuck if there's heroine available.

They could have fixed both the whole "multiple types of drugs" and "Jet is not a pre war drug" thing by doing one simple thing:

Make the log simply say "drugs" rather than "Jet".

This would imply that there are multiple different types of drugs (for the multiple addictions) and mean Jet is no longer mentioned explicitly.

Though they'd have to make sure Jet isn't actually in the damn vault
>>
>>321144764
Who gives a fuck? Yes, it's science fiction but it has a fucking story and if you're going to continue to make the fucking games you need to at least *try* and stick to the lore, not be dismissive.
>>
>>321144582
this isn't sperg territory, it just requires you to have played the second game
that's not too hard, is it?
>>
>>321144636
lol
>>
>>321143850
Velvet Curtain was the best quest in 3 IMO
>>
>>321144638
Good shit anon, good fucking shit.
>>
>>321143670
I was kind of annoyed you couldn't get the winterized armor normally
>>
>>321144714
To be fair Clark Kent's disguise also has to do with his posture and demeanor

When Superman is pretending to be Clark, he's slunched over, timid, nervous, clumsy, and just generally unassuming

People might think they look similar but nobody would ever actually think they're the same person

A more accurate analogy would be
"People don't complain about zombies existing in The Walking Dead show, people complain that some zombies are randomly super stealth zombies that make no noise and hide behind trees to sneak up on the heroes, because the writers are shit just like Bethesdas"
>>
This game has too many valid complaints, just in the general sense. Bethesda fucked up more then usual. But at this level of production and advertising, I doubt it mattered.
>>
>>321143850
>masterpiece

It was decent
>>
>>321145007
That one was pretty goddamn good to be fair, but I in retrospect I think I preferred "Dark Heart of Blackhall", but that's probably because i'm a fucking sucker for anything remotely Lovecraftian
>>
>>321144017
I hate that fucking argument. Preston Garvey uses the exact same fucking thing when you tell Mama Murphy to shut the fuck up about her bullshit drug visions. It's like they have no idea what suspension of disbelief is. It's almost like they're bad writers
>>
>>321143028
>The Draugers only wake up and attack outsiders and people meaning harm to the ruins

So...I've been killing innocent zombies trying just to protect their family heritage so I could stole all the gold and jewels?
>>
File: A1446762950389.gif (2 MB, 300x164) Image search: [Google]
A1446762950389.gif
2 MB, 300x164
>>321145445
you know, ive popped over 1100 jets in Fallout 4. so wheres my fucking vision at?
>>
>>321145186
I concur

>>321145235
Well a Masterpiece MAY have been an exaggeration, but it was the best Fallout 3 DLC by a fucking country mile and I think one of the best videogame anythings of "recent" (And I use the term Recent loosely) times to encapsulate that Lovecraftian essence with any degree of competence, with the Possible exception of the Amnesia series and such
>>
File: 1445717662785.gif (83 KB, 350x272) Image search: [Google]
1445717662785.gif
83 KB, 350x272
>>321142868
Godspeed, fellow anon.
>>
>>321145595
You ain't a PSI.
>>
File: Skyrim Thieves Guild.png (111 KB, 746x938) Image search: [Google]
Skyrim Thieves Guild.png
111 KB, 746x938
>>321144017
The thing is it's not like this is a minor thing either

Myron is a companion, a voiced character, and shit you could make a pretty compelling argument that overall he's a "main character" (not the protagonist, but still a main character) and his most identifiable characteristic is that he invented Jet

If the "inventor of Jet" was a non-voiced side character with three lines of dialogue that went
>"hey want to buy some of this drug I invented called Jet?"
>"ok, come back soon for another dose"
>"welcome back, want to buy some more Jet?"
Then it'd be perfectly understandable

Even if that were the case though, Hines' reaction would still be fucking shit. He should have just gone "oh shit, you're right, thanks for pointing that out, I'll see if we can get that addressed in a patch" or "oh shit, you're right, sorry we missed that"

Not "fuck you for paying attention the lore you fucking nerd"

Not that Bethesda gives a fuck about their writing - pic related
>>
File: 1446066534746.gif (481 KB, 499x315) Image search: [Google]
1446066534746.gif
481 KB, 499x315
>>321145595
>>
>>321145595
She's a psyker, which to be fair has been in every Fallout. She was probably one of the few things Bethesda got somewhat right.
>>
>>321145569
They come back after a week anyway anon

Just like Raiders and all the pre-war loot in Fallout 4
>>
>>321145595
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRTUReLBWHA
I actually want more repercussions than getting addicted. Ah well, here's hoping for Obsidian.
>>
>>321145602
Bloodborne was much better

You're really giving it too much credit here, there wasn't too much Lovecraft stuff and the DLC was pretty good at best
>>
>>321144017
What annoys me about this is that consistant fallout lore was deemed so important that there was a book published called the Fallout Bible which was basically a Fallout wiki before even Wiki's existed and was written by the original developers and writers.

Then Bethsda comes in and just is like "LOL ITS A FANTASY WORLD WE DINDUNUFFIN"

Whats even more annoying is its obvious they just sort of skim over the Wiki as well, I seriously doubt any of Bethesdas writers have actually played Fallout 1 or Fallout 2.
>>
File: 1449785500184.gif (1 MB, 294x233) Image search: [Google]
1449785500184.gif
1 MB, 294x233
>>321145721
>>321145806
Pfff. and the world of fallout cares about nukes when people like professor X is walking around.
why cant my int 20 guy just cut someones head open and take their powers :| science is lacking in this game
>>
File: failout3.jpg (1 MB, 2213x2397) Image search: [Google]
failout3.jpg
1 MB, 2213x2397
>>321145906
It's pretty fucking clear they didn't
>>
>>321145906
You think?

I'd believe it, but that fucking sucks to think about.
>>
>>321146078
Because you can't get 20 INT in Fallout.
>>
>>321146078
Fuck off Sylar why aren't you in Heroes Reborn yet
>>
>>321146205
kekd
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A34poZ6paGs

This analysis is pretty decent but what really brings it down is that his first Fallout was 3 and he refuses to play 1 or 2.

And he also thinks Bioshock Infinite had good shooting which is objectively wrong.
>>
File: 1377555530372.gif (499 KB, 500x335) Image search: [Google]
1377555530372.gif
499 KB, 500x335
>>321145904
Meh, iv'e probably got my Rose Tinted spectacles on, But shit I definitely enjoyed it at the time

and
>Bloodborne
>Good
>>
>>321146078
Better question is why can't you just take Cabots alien psyker hat and start throwing super mutants across the wasteland
>>
File: 1449341556614.gif (2 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1449341556614.gif
2 MB, 200x200
>>321146174
>Because you can't get 20 INT in Fallout.
umm yes you can in 4.
>start out 10 int
>get bobblehead
>wear int gear
>pop mentats or berry mentats
>>
>>321145445
> It's like they have no idea what suspension of disbelief is
That and how it's different from internal consitency, which they TRIED SO HARD to mimic in Fallout 4 and failed so miserably.

You know how people complained "what do people in Megaton eat and drink, why build next to a fucking BOMB and not a water source or abandoned city" so they superficially added farms and little water sources and stuff. Super Mutants have big bags of meat and carry around bones that they gnawed on. Not understanding that shit like Megaton was part of a bigger problem with their writing and design philosophy. I'm ignoring massive fuck you's like the church of unqualified humans living in a magic radiation desert via the power of religion. I'm assuming shit like that is just a joke that was in poor taste.
>>
>>321146417
It stops at 10.
>>
File: harley-quinn-ayse-toyran.jpg (71 KB, 466x700) Image search: [Google]
harley-quinn-ayse-toyran.jpg
71 KB, 466x700
>>321146417
also Nightperson perk adds +3 int as well. its easily acheivable
>>
>>321144582
The origins of Jet isn't locked away in some obscure quest. It's surface level Fallout 2 lore.

If the writers actually played the original Fallout games, they willingly disregarded pretty much everything those two games established. The "lol east coast everything is different" is a tired excuse that doesn't even justify various inconsistencies.
>>
>>321142998
Zeta just felt like a vehicle for more pointless speculative lore and more weapons. I liked it, but it felt so shoehorned in.
>>
I quit playing super mario world because there was no good reason for the super mushrooms from the mushroom kingdom to be on dinosaur island. That's just disrespect for the source material, the fucking hacks.
>>
>>321146470
in F4 it most certainly does not.
>>
>>321135302
I still think that little shit who made it just got a pre war drug, fucked with it in his lab, increased the potency through cow shit and created Jet. One of the doctors in megaton says he uses Jet as a anesthetic.
>>
>>321146470
all stats can go over 10 in fallout 4
>>
>>321146556

In fallout 2 if you have a high enough int you can tell Myron that you figured out his formula for jet.

What makes you think he actually invented it? Inhaling cow shit isn't exactly revolutionary.
>>
>>321146590

One game was made for children. One game has you become a porn star and get your ear ripped off during a boxing match, shortly after murdering an entire garage full of people for stealing your car.
>>
>>321146590
Go away Todd, that analogy is shit and you know it.
>>
>>321146706
yes you can figure it out. but he STILL made jet after the bombs dropped. jet was not pre-war. only a few drugs were.
>>
>>321143402
Well desu most of the people who had those diseases were probably wiped the fuck out. That doesn't mean however that there aren't completely new viruses like the FEV that have developed. That being said I found it fucking appalling they put Ebola and Influenza in the dialogue in vault 81.
>>
fallout 1 and 2 remakes when
>>
>>321145569
Nah son, those crazy fucked out zombies are shitbag dragon cultists that worship shit-beings that you eat the souls of on your way to the fucking market.
Kill 'em all, it's not like the regular Nords are much better.
>>
Bethesda writers: Watchu want cuz
Todd: Just fuck my lore up
Writers: Say no more
>>
File: 1450328020154.jpg (62 KB, 236x219) Image search: [Google]
1450328020154.jpg
62 KB, 236x219
>>321138448
>allow the Followers of the Apocalypse to be destroyed by super mutants in FO1
>Followers of the Apocalypse is alive and well in Boneyard according to New Vegas

>Aradesh and Tandi were not both saved in FO, thus the New California Republic is never formed
>The NCR is a major fucking east coast power for the rest of the franchise anyway

>Rhombus is dead in FO, resulting in the NCR collapsing thanks to the Steel Plague formed by the BoS's new leadership
>Both the NCR and the BoS are alive and well in subsequent games

>Hub is abandoned and reduced to ruin in FO
>It's a prosperous trade centre in FO2, and is mentioned to still be this way in New Vegas

>Khans are not wiped out, and instead grow and become a terrorizing force of deadly raiders
>Are remnants in FO2 and New Vegas, having had their shit kicked in

>Allow Modoc to disperse due to drought in FO2
>It's mentioned to be thriving in New Vegas

>Make New Reno a desolate shithole in FO2
>It's civilised and thriving in New Vegas

>Don't have unprotected sex with Mr Bishop's wife/daughter in FO2
>The Bishop heir in power during New Vegas is the FO2 player character's son anyway

>Kill Marcus in FO2
>He's still alive in New Vegas

>NCR does not continue to expand in FO2
>NCR has expanded to a ridiculous point by New Vegas

>Vault 15 is deserted in FO2
>Vault 15 has joined the NCR according to New Vegas

>Kill Harold in FO
>He's still alive in FO2

>Kill Harold in FO2
>He's still alive in FO3

>Play as a woman in FO and/or FO2
>Both are referred to as having been male in subsequent games and canon sources later

Wow, it's almost as though declaring choices to have canon outcomes is not at all new to this franchise.
>>
>>321146830
It's just jenkum anon, it exists right now just not in little red inhalers.
>>
>>321146914
Never in a million years, they don't deserve Bethesda's 12 inch "Streamlined" cock balls deep up the ass, they need to stay exactly as they are.

Untainted.
>>
>>321146940
You're confused. Draugers aren't old Dragon cultists.

There's just an old cult tomb that reuses the Draugers because they didn't want to make new assets around halway into developement.
>>
>>321146786
Man-children count as children
>>
>>321141661

On the halls of the dead, not the entirity of skyrim SECRET crypts and caves.

>>321143028

How does it feels being so fucking uninformed on extremely simplistic lore?

The draugr were NOT good people, they were dragon allies who got cursed after dying.

The mission the guy said was about HALLS OF THE DEAD especiffically, which every town has, so its perfectly normal for those to have fresh shit in them, but the majority of the outside tombs/caves/crypts/Whatever are completely secret and haven't been explored by no one (you can even find fresh shit AFTER unlocking claw gates, and you're the ONLY person with said claw)

So yeah dumbass tl;dr draugrs are not good guys and they attack anyone and finding fresh shit in there is just shitty writing.
>>
File: Fallout4 2015-12-13 15-19-12-88.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4 2015-12-13 15-19-12-88.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1440
>read terminal about Jet
>That can't be right..
>find a bunch of 200 year old safes you need a key for
>find key and open them
>Jet in most of them
>>
>>321147178
Then why was Jet not in Fallout 1.

Besides the fact that it wasn't invented until Fallout 2.
>>
>>321146643
>One of the doctors in megaton says he uses Jet as a anesthetic.
That's just Bethesda not knowing anything about Fallout.
>>
File: 1365362811321.gif (498 KB, 470x341) Image search: [Google]
1365362811321.gif
498 KB, 470x341
>>321147364
>Bethesda
>>
File: 1448525687523.gif (431 KB, 250x189) Image search: [Google]
1448525687523.gif
431 KB, 250x189
>>321147425
>Besides the fact that it wasn't invented until Fallout 2.
>>
>>321147236
Every single one with a claw puzzle is a cult tomb, hell the process of making Draugr was created by the Dragon Priests.
>>
File: ONE MORE GOD REJECTED.jpg (157 KB, 863x772) Image search: [Google]
ONE MORE GOD REJECTED.jpg
157 KB, 863x772
Patch incoming
>>
File: 1448859682677.gif (3 MB, 280x358) Image search: [Google]
1448859682677.gif
3 MB, 280x358
>>321147441
>Jet as a anesthetic.
if anything med-x would make more logical sense
>>
>>321147236

This is literally what one of the loading screens say

No one is quite sure why the Draugr walk the halls of Skyrim's burial crypts, but some believe they once served the dragons ages ago... and have been cursed with undeath for their treachery.
>>
>>321147567
Patch replacing the Institute with House when?
>>
>>321147598
Since Med-X is literally morphine, of course it would.
>>
File: 1439355451223.gif (512 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
1439355451223.gif
512 KB, 160x160
>>321147663
>>
>>321147598
That makes even more sense when you learn that med-x is morphine. The only reason the name was changed is because DRUGS R BAD MKAY
>>
>>321144636

That's not going to do anything; know what would actually make a difference? Don't buy these games. The only reason lazy producers can cut corners is because people will still buy them--these AAA studios exist only to make money, so if the only way to make money is to give a shit, maybe they'll start. Capitalism 101.

Support 'labor of love games' too.
>>
>>321147663
No, they need to feel this entire surgery in slow motion.
>>
File: Fo2_Myron_Ending[1].png (137 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Fo2_Myron_Ending[1].png
137 KB, 640x480
>>321147178

Jet isn't jenkem. It's an amphetamine.

>Well, wasn't too hard to come up with a good upper. A sample of that pre-war protein extract, corrupt it and bam -- decent amphetamine.
>The contaminated version acted like an amphetamine when ingested. Little side effect. Don't ask. It's, uh, technical.
>>
>>321133572
>there are people STILL surprised that bethesda gives zero fucks about lore
this is apparent in skyrim at the very least, if not oblivion
>>
File: Dredd.webm (1 MB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
Dredd.webm
1 MB, 1920x800
>>321147790
>Ma-Ma
>>
File: here comes communism.webm (3 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
here comes communism.webm
3 MB, 640x480
Wealth and power has concentrated itself into the the inner cities of the Northern confederacy, as those in the inner city wine and dine in clean, developed city states with a wealthy, well of upper and middle class, outside the walls of the city inequality, crime and drug abuse has been allowed to go rampant and trade routes are unsafe to travel with fiends and bandits regularly attacking caravans, the expansionist policy of the Northern Confederacy has also brought it into dispute with the NCR to the south with border skirmishes becoming more of a problem.

Revolts of miners and other workers are becoming more common place, there are rumours that much of this sentiment is being flamed from the shadows by another group.

From a Vault in the mountains funding and pre-war weaponry has been flowing to Union and worker organizations in the Confederacy, this secret vault, built by Vault-Tec was originally "planned" to hold important members of society, little did many af Vault-Tec know, that this Vault was actually commissioned by Chinese Communist Fifth Columnists that had infiltrated every level of the corporation and US Government. Before the bombs dropped, the Vault while on paper housed bureaucrats and businessmen, in reality housed a Socialist revolutionaries from underground Communist organizations from around the United States and have now after biding their time have started to bring their red cultural and social revolution to the wasteland.

As a player, you can bring reform to the confederacy open the eyes of the elite to the plight of the people of the wasteland and try stem the rise of revolution. (New Deal)

You can join the revolution and bring a new order to power in the Wasteland (Communist)

You can kill those in power and rise to power yourself and put down the worker revolts through totalitarian force (Fascist)

You can help the elite put down the workers through force (Capitalist)

Plays on the 1910s, 1920s and 1930s of real American history.
>>
>>321142868
OH wow I've seen this picture so many fucking times and never saw the lizard. thanks bro
>>
>>321147724
And a tip of the fedora to you too.
>>
>>321133572
This is my imaginary explanation so take it with a grain of salt

Scenario 1:
Jet was invented my Myron and became famous under that name. The canisters it is administered in are pre-war. The drug on the east coast in another pre-war drug that because of the similarly looking canisters became known as Jet as well after the infamy of Jet reached word of mouth to the east coast. The Fallout 4 posters fuck with this one.

Scenario 2:
Myron is a fucking liar. He knows chemistry and came across the recipe in some ruined out laboratory or somewhere. Then found a way to synthesize the needed chemicals with readily available post-war sources instead of laboratory grade ones. Hence:
>Jet was made in post-war New Reno (California) from Brahmin shit fumes and other chemicals. >>321134025
Then he decided to make himself look smarter and more important than he really is and lied that he came up with it by himself out of his own knowledge of chemistry. Considering his character I wouldn't put it past him.
>>
>>321144183
>in the fucking wasteland
>trusting ANYONE but yourself and your band of pillaging rapists
LMAO WHY DO THEY SHOOT EVERYONE? WHY DON'T THEY JUST HAVE INHERENT TRUST IN ALL RANDOM STRANGERS IN THEIR IMMEDIATE VICINITY
Looks like you're the retard here, retard.
But as far as I know there is no apparent 'raider' faction in FO4.
>>
>>321140582
gunners are explained if you read mercenary terminal logs

they are literally a band of raiders whos leader thought it would be cool to have a military theme and started recruiting out of other raider gangs

same with the forged
>>
>>321133572
Why does that poster have vault-boy on it?

Was Jet a Vault-tec product?

What are you even doing Bethesda
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 51

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.