[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gaming Laptop Advice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: Digital-Storm-Laptops.jpg (337 KB, 1859x1080) Image search: [Google]
Digital-Storm-Laptops.jpg
337 KB, 1859x1080
Heading off to Spain to teach there for a year and I need a good gaming laptop.
Desktop build is out of the question because it will almost certainly be stolen.

Which brand is the best for gaming?
>>
i'll probably get shit on for saying this, but I bought an acer aspire v nitro last august for the same purpose and its exceeded my expectations
>>
Avoid Dell and HP and you'll be fine
>>
Congrats, first off. Secondly, maybe take up a different hobby.
>>
>>321125425
I have an Acer Nitro for college and it's really solid but it's costs around 1000Usd
>>
Look for a Sager
>>
>>321125425
Not alienware, unless you want to melt your fingers off
>>
>>321125425
>a gaming desktop will be stolen, so it's out of the question.
>however, a gaming laptop, which is easier to travel with and take around with you, will not
get a desktop, seriously m8.
>>
>POWER RANKINGS
1. Asus
2. Toshiba
3. MSI
4. Alienware
5. Acer
6. Razer Blade
7. HP Omen
8. Origin
9. Dell

The rest are shit
>>
>>321126001
You be obviously never been abroad

Shut gets stolen constantly. Especially if you're American.

A laptop at least can be brought with you at all times.
>>
But a laptop would be easier to steal though.
>>
I have the MSI- GE70. Just flawless. Excellent keyboard and the games runs great.

But I have to recommend ASUS brands. Those things have jet-exhausts for heat dissipation and they run even better than MSI. Pretty competitive pricing too. Both brands have pretty strong laptops at $1000 which can run every game very well.
>>
Get a Sager the rest die out in under 2 years.
>>
>>321126197
>But a laptop would be easier to steal though.
Are you retarded?
>>
>>321126187
>>321126394
>bring laptop with you all the time
>a bulky ass gaming laptop which you will probably carry in a even bigger bag
>no one will notice this and you totally won't be mugged walking home at night for it.
>>
>>321126394
You gonna get mugged son
>>
How much money would a laptop capable of running Black ops 3 at high settings cost?
>>
>>321126394
>>321126784
You're far more likely to get your apartment robbed than to be mugged
>>
>>321127761
$900ish. $1000 is good if you want something that'll last you 3, 4 years.
>>
>>321126082
Dell is much better than they used to be
>>
>>321128121
With that logic, the entry level Acer Aspire V 15 would be able to play games on par with the PS4/Xbone.
You're not seriously suggesting that, are you?
>>
>>321128375
>lying on the internet
>>
>>321128537
Some cheaper versions of MSI/ASUS gaming laptops can run some modern games at or near max.
>>
>>321126082
>ASUS
Agreed, I've had my G75 laptop for 3 years now. It's great and I can run almost everything still.

My CPU fan started to make vibration sounds but this is years of wear.
>>
File: 792547.jpg (43 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
792547.jpg
43 KB, 600x400
>>321125425
>Desktop build is out of the question because it will almost certainly be stolen.

Are you coming to some gypsy camp or what?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.