[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How was MGR? It looks like a really fun hack-and-slash, but I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: mgr.jpg (46 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
mgr.jpg
46 KB, 460x215
How was MGR? It looks like a really fun hack-and-slash, but I've never played the MGS series. I will soon I promise

Was the PC port any good?
>>
>>321111835
It ran on my toaster well.
>>
It's fun, you don't need to have played any MGS games to play it. PC port is great.
>>
>>321111987
So the plot maybe minus a few things should be fine to understand? That was my main concern, I don't want to go in and have no goddamned clue what's going on.

I have a basic idea of most of the stuff in MGS, but I've just never played the series because I keep forgetting to.
>>
>>321111835
It's decent. The plot is ridiculously silly.
>>
>>321111835
amazing. I never like those kind of games but this was spot on. give it a chance and you'll be craving for sequel
>>
File: 1389772117323.jpg (84 KB, 379x352) Image search: [Google]
1389772117323.jpg
84 KB, 379x352
>>321111835
Actually just tried it the other day.

Gameplay, graphics, and atmosphere are top notch, unfortunately the game is so short by the time you get used to playing it, it's over.

Voiceovers and writing are cringeworthy even for a Metal Gear game, only redeeming points are that Raiden isn't as much of a bitchboy in rising (still edgy as fuck though) and that Sam is pretty cool and his sword is actually badass

I played on 360 so I can't speak for the quality of the PC port, but a friend of mine who played on PC said it was generally acceptable but some people might have trouble with optimization.

tl;dr Pretty good if you can get it for cheap, but definitely has shortcomings
>>
>>321111835
it's set in the same universe as MGS but it's completely different. port is good if you have a decent CPU (aka made after ~2011)
>>
>>321111835
Yeah, but like a lot of Platinum's games it's really short and basic, you can basically master it in a few playthroughs
>>
You'll miss a few references but you'll still enjoy the game.
It sort of spoils Raiden in MGS4 for you, but the damage is probably already done.
>>
>>321111835
despite what people would say it's good with mouse, it's not designed around it but it's definitely playable. if fact I'm so shit with controlled I beat final boss only after I used mouse to cut which sounds like a blasphemy to anyone who played it
>>
It's fun. The combat, particularly with regards to blocking and doing anything but mashing buttons, can be wonky. That said, the bosses and cutscenes are entertaining and often hilarious. A good distraction for a discounted price.
>>
>>321111835
You're only missing references
But you're in for a ride OP
>>
File: mgr.jpg (32 KB, 399x295) Image search: [Google]
mgr.jpg
32 KB, 399x295
>>321111835
>>
It's really fun but it's super shallow and has next to zero replay value
>>
>>321112247
>I have a basic idea of most of the stuff in MGS
About all you need to know is that private military companies have essentially replaced national armies, the blueprints for Metal Gear Ray leaked and everyone is getting their own mechs, and nanomachines explain everything. Also that Raiden was a child soldier, distrusts AI after getting screwed over by one, and became a cyborg ninja along the way. It's really disconnected from the main franchise. As an action game it's fairly simple, but not to the point of ever getting boring. It's just a ton of fun.
>>
>>321113621
>Not S ranking every difficulty
Cutting mechanic will never get old
>>
>>321113413
>You're only missing references

and seeing how they fixed Raiden from MGS2 and MGS4
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.