[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I am looking for some games with good archery, preferably
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: ranger5.jpg (435 KB, 1842x1036) Image search: [Google]
ranger5.jpg
435 KB, 1842x1036
So I am looking for some games with good archery, preferably first person.
I just wanna be a badass with a bow.
>>
>>321089767
Far cry 4.
Thief.

Medieval something, that firstperson slasher thingy.
>>
>>321089767
Far Cry 3/4 can be pretty fun when you stick to the bow, but getting a fully upgraded quiver takes a pretty long time. Fun with fire/explosive arrows, though. Really gives you that Rambo experience.

The Mount and Blade series is pretty fun as far as bows go. Horse archery is great.

Dying Light added a bow with a DLC pack and it's pretty fantastic, although shooting zombies that can't fight back gets old fast.
>>
>>321089767
You can do it pretty well in Skyrim, honestly.
>>
>>321089767
Mount and Blade Warband has quite fun archery. You have to deal with the arc considerably, and you have the whole "how long can I hold the draw?" issue.

You feel like a fucking boss when you hit someone from a large distance.

Even more so if you do it at the maximum range, riding balls out, on a horse.

I think the maximum possible "I am Become Death, Destroyer of Worlds" moment is when you do that, against a rapidly moving enemy cav dude, who has his shield up. And you nail him right in the face.

(Extremely difficult to do, but possible.)

Although generally, I'm not that good. I feel happy when I'm standing still and shoot people in the legs or face when they are running right at me on foot.
>>
File: 1432327522079.jpg (11 KB, 223x255) Image search: [Google]
1432327522079.jpg
11 KB, 223x255
>>321090321
>>
Farcry 4. You can bowhunt soldiers with machine guns. Try and clear outposts and fortresses without being detected (or drop the bow for an LMG and go in guns blazing) There is a bow and a handheld auto crossbow you get later in the game.

I fucking loved that game and bought it even after I played almost all the campaign on a pirated copy. Best single player game ive played probably since I was a kid.

the upcoming one, Farcry Primal might be even better for you if you just want primitive style combat

Also if you want a multiplayer game Chivalry: Medeival Warfare is way more fun than it looks IMO and archer is one of the 4 classes.
>>
>>321089767

The best weapon in last of us was the bow
>>
>>321089767
Thanks guys, so I've played Skyrim and Far Cry, gonna give MB and Chivalry a shot.
>>
File: Ddda-ranger.jpg (124 KB, 1260x1240) Image search: [Google]
Ddda-ranger.jpg
124 KB, 1260x1240
>>321089767
>So I am looking for some games with good archery, preferably first person.
>I just wanna be a badass with a bow.

Dragon's Dogma has several archer classes, the most notable being ranger and magic archer.

That's probably about as badass as you can get with a bow.
>>
Vermintide
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.