[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://twitter.com/Totalbiscuit/st atus/679355816428904448
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 5
File: 1450807688083.jpg (149 KB, 848x1692) Image search: [Google]
1450807688083.jpg
149 KB, 848x1692
https://twitter.com/Totalbiscuit/status/679355816428904448

Do you agree? Should community affect your enjoyment of a singleplayer game?
>>
File: 1390876329933.png (114 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
1390876329933.png
114 KB, 2000x2000
No, it shouldn't. Just like people shouldn't be ashamed of liking that My Little Pony reboot.

Just shut the fuck up about how much you like it and don't force it on people.
>>
Of course not.
>>
The only thing it affects is discussion, because by then nobody wants to hear about anything slightly related to it due to nausea.
>>
File: 1446927657431.png (2 KB, 100x81) Image search: [Google]
1446927657431.png
2 KB, 100x81
>>321088101
>...oooh
>>
he wont be remembering the game for long when he dies in a year
>>
How about if you find the artstyle absolutely unappealing? Is that a good reason?
>>
>>321088101
No, but it can ruin my enjoyment of threads on /v/.
>>
>>321088663
Absolutely, because that is something you don't like about the game itself.
>>
>more Undermeme
>>
>>321088684
Right. /v/ shouldn't impact how you enjoy games, but communities can impact how you enjoy /v/.
>>
So as always, /v/ was proven wrong.
>>
>>321088663
Well yeah, that actually affects the game.
>>
File: guy.jpg (34 KB, 680x510) Image search: [Google]
guy.jpg
34 KB, 680x510
>>321088553
oh shit
>>
>>321088101
I've no opinions of Memetale but I do agree with TB on this one... to a certain extent.

When it's a singleplayer game you're a fucking idiot if you let your own enjoyment be dictated by what others think of it. But community is also important. Think of how many solo hobbies there are out there. Fishing, collecting stuff, working out...etc. Even in singleplayer games, there can be skill and technique involved that can be shared among a community.

It's hard to do if you've lived on /v/ for awhile, but you shouldn't let others tell you how hard you should hate something, when that something is a fucking videogame.
>>
>>321088553
Well if he remembers the game for his whole life, isn't that a long time relatively?
>>
"I'm not going to forget that gmae for a long time."

Yeah, because the butthurt fanboys would eat you alive if you dared say anything bad about it.
>>
>>321088101
>Literally who cares

He doesn't even hide the fact that he browses this place anymore.
>>
>>321088101

>john bain doesn't mind being associated with autist

i thought it was supposed to be ass cancer, not brain cancer
>>
>>321088101
it shouldn't, but it can you have to be a fool to deny it completely
people are complicated, brains are complicated. there are many reasons subconscious or not why someone would wan't to distance themselves from a community or have that community ruin a media.

its not easy to just turn on ignorance and forgot an entire community. if you can thats great but you shouldn't expect everyone else to do the same..
>>
>>321089038
>Community is also important
Only if you interact with them.

You don't have to do jack shit with a community if it's a hobby you like on your own and you can do it your way.
>>
>total biscuit will die of cancer before he reads this
>>
The problem with this argument is that the only reason people care about Undertale is due to the obsessive fanbase, which treats ever other game ever made as if they were a disease. Of course that rubs people the wrong way, and of course people aren't going to like that.
>>
why isnt he dead yet
>>
>>321088328
People absolutely should be ashamed of liking something targeted towards little girls.
>>
>>321089467
Yea, that's perfectly fine. But say a hobby stamp collector wants to up his game. Maybe find cheaper sources to get rare stamps or tips and tricks to preserving them. He can spend a lifetime mastering tricks like the first guy who ever did it, or he can go on a stamp collector's forum and make his hobby life easier within 10 minutes of browsing.

That's the kind of community I'm talking about. You don't have to interact with faggots every time you rely on an existing community. You can just lurk. Which more people need to fucking do these days.
>>
>>321088101
>adblock
You son of a bitch
>>
>>321089729
How come?
>>
>>321088101
It impact my enjoyment of discussing games on /v/ and therefore I'm refusing to play it when it is pushed onto me by some lunatic furries
>>
>>321088553
OH SNAP
>>
>>321089729
Or toward little kids. Like Pokemon or every cartoon from 90's
>>
>>321089085
The thing is that whenever someone has something bad to say about Undertale it has a 9/10 chance of boiling down to the fanbase being shit or the game being overrated, problems that don't have the slightest thing to do with the actual game.

Whenever people call the graphics shit, say the writing is overreliant on pop-culture references/"too internet-y" or have literally any other valid complaint about the actual game at hand, most people don't mind.
>>
I remember enjoying myself in the /v/ threads before it became every autist's FotM memegame.
>>
>>321089995
cause everybodys goal in life is to reproduce as the endgame whether you agree or not is irrelevant because when you are some fat washed up "my little pony" watching faggot at the age of 70 that nobody wants to interact with you'll finally realize the mistakes you made and it will be too late
>>
Yeah, it should.

I remember playing Katawa Shoujo on launch. It was completely average at absolute best, and the writing was often almost painful. Seeing all the absolute fucking morons praising the game here turned a 4/10 into a 0/10 by association.

Undertale is fairly similar, a 5/10 knocked down to a 2/10 by association with retards. The game is totally average, does nothing interesting or new, but the praise it gets from idiots who have never played a game with a story more complex than fucking Zelda makes the game that much worse in my eyes.

When I think about all the games that actually deserved to sell half a million copies, but floundered because they had gameplay or something, it just makes my blood boil.

You can literally play any game you want FOR FREE. And you're choosing to just hop on a fucking bandwagon for an average title? Fuck you, and fuck everyone like you. Go play an actual fucking game.
>>
>>321090435
Yeah, because shitposting on /v/ sure is making you get closer to reproducing.
>>
>>321088101
>>321088101
Communities becomes a reflection of you in the eyes of others. In social psychology, there are even things like "group self-worth" (different name though) that can actively affect a persons own self-image based on the group he/she belongs too. It's one of the biggest contributor to phenomena like "white man guilt" etc.

If everyone who likes Undertale acts like annoying kiddies, of fucking course I don't want to be associated with them - just like how I don't want to be associated with certain assholes that hangs here at /v/
>>
>>321090230
Except if you're in your 20's now and still like something you grew up with and once were the target audience for there's literally nothing wrong it.

If you on the other hand are a 20-something-year-old and one day decide to become part of a fandom for a new show that you never were the intended target audience for you're retarded.
>>
>>321090435
>2015
>reproducing

Maybe in Nipland
>>
>>321088101
It shouldn't

But it does
>>
>>321090435
but what if bronies are more fit to todays society where the opposite sex (girls) likes guys that likes things like MLP, Steven Universe, all those other things etc. Wouldn't suprise me if bronies gets more pussy than the average /v/-user.

It's survival of the fittest, not "manliest"
>>
>>321088101
Wasn't he supposed to die already?
>>
I suppose he's used to dealing with cancer.

He's right though.
>>
>>321090435
Dude, tons of hot chicks love MLP and other gay shit like homosuck.
>>
>>321088101
It shouldn't. For me it doesn't.

I don't like Undertale because it didn't click with me, but I know people who are more into that sort of game, and I will go out of my way to tell them to try it despite their perception of the community.

That said, there are certain games where I find myself put off story-wise because of the fans of the games. Specifically things like Souls and Bloodborne because the story is A. Not always readily apparent and B. The fanbase are obsessed about it.So if I do end up trying to dig into the story at all, I feel like one of those assholes that watches Youtube videos all about the stupid lore.
>>
>>321090759
>you are not allowed to like something unless you grew up with it
Ok
>>
When the "fandom" starts leaking from their containment sites and forcing themseleves onto others its hard not to hate it
>>
Undememe was shit
Get over it you butthurt furfags
>>
>>321092030
>you're not allowed to show a lot of interest in something that's targeted at kids unless you grew up with it
You know that's the point he was making. If you're becoming invested in something that is targeted at kids without the sense of nostalgia you'd have from growing up with you, there's almost definitely something wrong with you.
>>
File: 1289044887107.jpg (32 KB, 500x469) Image search: [Google]
1289044887107.jpg
32 KB, 500x469
This is old-hat.

>Music fan
>Like Evanesence, Nigthwish and other entry-level gothic metal
>Avoid the fanbase like the plague because most of them are middle-schoolers, praticing Wiccans, or both
Just grow up and enjoy the thing for what it is.
>>
>>321092576
Ok
>>
>>321090735

Holy shot, thank you! I played KS after hearing about da feelz for years and was just fucking stunned by how terrible the game was.

Seeing it STILL get praised is insane.
>>
>>321092576
You say that, but look at the success of capeshit with normies.
>>
>>321092576
>undertale is targeted towards two year olds and faggots
>/v/ won't shut up about it
>>
>>321093251
Marvel and DC haven't targeted kids in decades, especially not with the movies.
>>
>>321090759
This is nonsense. Pokemon is for children and autistic faggots.
>>
>>321093646
You can't seriously say with a straight face that The Avengers is for adults, surely?
>>
>>321093798
The movie, you mean? It's made for teens and adults. Kids are more of a side effect than anything.
>>
>>321088553
fuck you you edgy piece of shit I wanted to make this joke
>>
the cancers really taking its time with this guy innit it
>>
>>321088101
he'll be dead soon so his bottom tweet is objectively false lol
>>
>>321089729
>>321090230
george lucas said the same about star wars being for kids. Do you think anyone listened to him?
>>
When something gets incredibly popular because of autists, you need to be incredibly weary. I don't want to touch Undertale because of it.
>>
>>321095364
No one listens to GL about Star Wars. Why would they? He fucking hates it.
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.