[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Explain this game to me, how come people say it is great and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: header.jpg (42 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
42 KB, 460x215
Explain this game to me, how come people say it is great and way better than the first one ? I just finished first one and hopped straight to the second one hoping for another cool and comfy experience, man was I wrong, things I cannot like : awful, even more awful combat, i mean really, wtf is it anyway ? ju just smash you LMB and watch Geralt hop from one dude to another instakilling some and not doing shit to another, never knowing what is it gonna be, insta kill or not, impossible to fight group of enemies, only option being running around battlefield picking dudes off one by one by rolling about forever, so combat looks like roll, hit, block, roll, hit, how the fuck is this cool ? cannot drink potions midfight although game encourages you to prepare for battle, how the fuck am I suppose to know what point to drink etc if I haven't even seen any battle ? This means you have to endlessly save and reload to get through and progress. Inventory is complete shit, skills are all fucked up. Whole game is : cutscene, straight into anothers cutscene, QTE, roll, roll, block, hit, repeat, cutscene, QTE. What the fuck ? QTE's are all fucked up, cause failure in one of these ends up in more reloading. This is game is full-on shit, played on PC it feels like a console game with PC gaphics, it is truly consolified and utter trash. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>321081746
Get good at rolling fag
>>
I enjoyed it but not as much as I did the first one, it got very "consolized" if that makes any sense
>>
>>321082318
this sure as hell makes the game more enjoyable, thank for the advice !
>>
>>321081746
It has better story pacing and generally better quality in the side quests.

Doesn't necessarily make it better than the first one, though. People saying that are mostly fags who can't into W1's combat and graphics.
>>
>>321081746
Use a controller for fighting. Made combat much more enjoyable for me.
>>
>>321081746
They are console fags. Simple as that.

tw2 wad awful
>>
I'm trying to get into it but too many stuttering issues and using radeon pro or the official Radeon settings doesn't work because it only gets applied to the launcher and not the actual game.

There is no way to launch the game without going through the launcher first, which makes solving any issue very difficult.
>>
Was that English?
>>
>>321081746

You are probably on some shit difficulty, go either normal if you're a newfag like I was, or the one after normal, if it's too easy. Fighting is fun then, because you die from false moves.

You can actually prepare for battles - there are little signs all over the world, either NPC's telling you who you'll meet or some visual signs like eggs from arachnids or nests from harpies etc. Just keep your fucking eyes open.

If you're not enjoying it then drop it, try it when you're more in the mood. Bitching on /v/ as soon as something in a game irritates wanting to show how 'special' you are from the majority of the people who enjoyed TW2 more than TW1 is kinda gay, really.
>>
Simple: xbox kids who never played the superior original are over-hyping it to hell and back.
>>
>>321081746

I'm not even going to read this post, please learn to format.

Witcher 2 is a good game, except not so much on the RPG spectrum.

Much better than Witcher 1 for sure.

The most important thing for a game to have is good gameplay, and if you seriously think Witcher 1 has better gameplay, you have really weird, bad taste.

I've beaten both of them 3+ times, and the first witcher is just too easy to cheese through.
>>
Witcher 1 has THE WORST combat of all times. Period.
>>
>>321085501
where can I see this witchers 2 superior gameplay ? as i mentioned, no potions mid fight, combat is unpredictable and just roll, roll, roll, roll, no group style, inventory unmanagable, i mean gameplay encourages you to put down traps midfight, so that stupid AI can walk straight into it, although seeing you put that trap down just infront of them
>>
>>321086152
how come ? it just click shit and watch everything beind done for you, in the second installment, it just the same clicking except you have to do shit that is tedious and unnecessary, like rolling around and watching animations which you can't predict, so basically you're still just clicking shit except you've no idea what is going to happen next
>>
>>321086152
Compared to what? Are you comparing it to God of War or some other action game?

You've not played many RPGS on the PC, I can tell.
>>
>>321086543
Didn't said nothing for W2, just saying for W1 from my game exp.
>>
>>321086675
Didn't played all of rpgs pc offers, but still, i don't like w1 combat, that's all.
>>
the combat is awkward but still far better than W1
>>
>>321086997
explain yourself, on what basis is it far better ?
>>
>>321085207
Except Witcher 1 was easier
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.