[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
P4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: Persona_4.jpg (287 KB, 520x734) Image search: [Google]
Persona_4.jpg
287 KB, 520x734
Hey /v/ so I have an issue with Persona 4 and I have no fucking idea if it has to do with the cables I'm using or some other shit.

So basically I have the EU version of P4, and I recently started playing it and everything seemed fine with the intro and shit until I get to the part where everyone is at the station and there's fog and whatever and the game just basically looks weird as fuck.

Is it because it's the EU version(I can get the US one on my PS3 if thats the issue), is it because I am not using the SCART and just use AVI(or whatever the yellow, red, and white cables are called) or is it some other weird reason.

Just asking cause P3FES played alright on my PS3(hooked up to the CRT) but P4 feels really weird(using my PS2).

TL;DR Persona 4 feels like the game is "stuttering" or some shit whenever I'm not in battle or watching cutscenes.
Playing the EU version on the PS2 with the cables plugged in directly.
Is there any way to fix this?
>>
That seems like more of a technology problem than video game one. Try asking /g/
>>
>>321063895
If you are a smart person, just use pcsx2. If not, just do with this anon said >>321064462
>>
>>321065685
My PC can't handle it, it's a shitty old PC but it works fine for watching movies and weeb shit and I don't really play AAA games anymore so I can't be bothered to get a new one.

If the thread dies I'll try and ask /vr/ or /g/, I already tried googling this problem but nothing helpful shows up.
>>
>>321063895
i get the exact same thing, i use pcsx2. you feel like everything's blurry when you move right?
>>
>>321067743
Exactly, sort of like the game looks like it's running at "15FPS slow-motion", this didn't happen with P3FES but it bothers me cause it feels weird as fuck
>>
>>321067975
i don't know a fix. you'll get the same feeling in classrooms too but it doesn't affect much else, although i'm not far in. at the very least you don't get MASSIVE framerate drops like in P3 when you encountered certain enemy models.
>>
>>321063895
>Persona 4 feels like the game is "stuttering"
It might be because the PAL version probably runs at 50 hz instead of 60hz
>>
>>321063895
It could probably be the EU version having such a problem from your description try the US ver. if its not too much trouble
>>
>>321068491
p5 graphics look great
>>
>>321068132
In battle I don't really notice it and it doesn't bother me much, but it still feels weird especially when there's these mini "cutscenes" like when you talk to the detective outside for example.

>>321068491
I guess I could ask for my US friend to gameshare Persona 4 with me, even though I already am about 10 hours into the game so it kinda sucks to have to do all that shit again.
>>
>>321069237
yeah it's mostly prominent in the rain, which made me think it was just an effect of rain until it happened in classrooms, lol. it's something you have to live with, it's minor and won't show up in combat etc.
>>
>>321069237
it's possible to copy a PAL persona 4 save to the US version
>>
>>321063895
Not too tech savvy but that sounds like the blur effect they added after P3, just ignore it
>>
>>321069341
Oh well, I guess I'll have to get used to it even though it looks like shit.

>>321069720
My P4 EU copy is on the PS2, and the US copy that I can get is on the PS3 so idk how to move saves without some kind of adapter or something like that.
>>
>>321068491
My heart.
>>
The game has terrible framerates at times and covers it up with lots of motion blur (like when you're in town for example).

You'll just have to deal with it.

One thing I'd advise you though, if your PS2 can play pirated games, is get the undub so you don't have to deal with 40 year old Chie.
>>
>>321063895
So after hearing how this game is the second coming on the internet, I decided to give this game a shot.

(Disclaimer, the only anime I've watched is Cowboy Bebop)

I'm not sure if I'm not 'getting' it - but do adult men seriously enjoy playing a juvenile highschool simulator?

Everything from the characters, dialogue and the story is incredibly cheesy and hamfisted.

What's the deal, /v/?
>>
>>321072632

It reminds us of the high school life we've been deprived of...
>>
>>321072632
I'm the grown ass man you speak of and I'm really enjoying it. I guess it's just not your thing - I like the battles, how the story progresses. A fun time killer.
>>321072837
Speak of yourself, I'm not that sad of a fucker.
>>
>>321072632
Well I am in high school right now and I can relate to some of the charchters that remind of myself or of my friends.

inb4 underage
You can be in highschool till you are 21 in here, I'm 18 and doing a eletronic technichal degree in highschool, idk if you have "professional schools" in the US as well but it's basically school for people who are too dumb to go to collegge and want to at least get a job that pays more than McDonalds.
>>
>>321072837
Damn, dude. Sorry to hear.

>>321073623
Different strokes for different folks I guess. I just can't relate to any of those fuckers. Maybe I'm just a grumpy sack of shit.

>>321073671
Highschool for us ends at the age of 18. And it's nothing like this game presents.
>>
>>321072632
I just found it enjoyable. It's incredibly flawed, but despite all of its flaws, it still remains a lot of fun. It helped that the only anime I have ever watched is JJBA, so all the cliches of Slice of Life anime were new to me.
>>
>>321074613
It ends at 18 here too, but if you get really shitty grade you have to do that year again so if you fail 10th grade you gotta do it again the next year, if I had never failed I would be done with highschool in the same year that I would turn 18.

I haven't played too much of this game, but Persona 3 had some charchters and stories and shit that really remind me of myself and people I've met.

I suppose it's different for everyone and what "clique" they hang with.

I've hung out with the well behaved kids, the popular kids, the stoners, the troublemakers, basically everyone who wasn't boring or a shut-in so I can relate to some of the charachters.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.