[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Amdit big flaws in games you love
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: 1448794198142.jpg (233 KB, 767x1080) Image search: [Google]
1448794198142.jpg
233 KB, 767x1080
There are no early Bloodtinge or Arcane weapons, meaning you have to slog through a significant portion of the game to actually start using one.
Chalice dungeons are samey and boring, it would have been better to use that time to make a real area or two.
High tier bloodgems break PvP, meaning you can't stand a chance unless you farm chalice dungeons.
Areas are too easy to speedrun. Once you've played enough it almost feels pointless to actually kill enemies and you want to just rush through to the boss.
>>
It's more or less impossible to tell which attacks can be parried and which can't be.
>>
>>321044058
agree with every but the last

its the same for every other souls games too and thats not a bad thing
>>
>>321044058
>There are no early Bloodtinge or Arcane weapons, meaning you have to slog through a significant portion of the game to actually start using one.
You won't be using INT/FAI based weapons in early game in any Souls game. For those weapons to start getting noticeable bonuses you have to dump quite a lot of points in those stats.
>>
>>321044058

>every bonus to damage is multiplicative
>no point in doing anything but stacking one source of damage

The only soulborne game that didn't do this shit is the one Miyazaki wasnt involved in, I wonder if he has a boner for that sort of things.

I personally find it horrible
>>
>>321044154
>>321044154
FUCKING THIS
>>
>>321044058

>pump vit to 50
>endgame ennemies (not even NG+) still one/two shot you anyway

I don't understand why chalice monsters need to hit so hard
>>
>>321045874

Because you need to git gud.
>>
>Enemies still swivel like they're on a lazy susan just like in DAS2, this is most notable in bosses who need to compensate for the player's speed
>Retarded online system which doesn't allow for for actual invasion
>Arcane tools are not only underwhelming, but require bullets which are honestly better off being used for parries in most situations
>Most armor is too similar visually
>>
>>321045874
Counter damage multiplies damage.

If you stabbed or sliced, and then get hit after or before you land a hit, that counts as a counter and it takes significantly more HP from you than otherwise. They give you a gun for reasons.

Also the only enemies I'd actually complain about "that" are Laurence and the Undead Giant, and maybe the Loran Darkbeast if you are slow. 40+ Vit of damage per swing at NG+4. I finished all the Chalice Dungeons at BL80. Even defiled ones at BL50. So I'd know which dudes are unfair.
>>
>>321046216

I would have preferred a smaller supply of healing and more reasonable damage that doesn't kill you instantly for missing one timing, would have made the game more fun.
>>
>>321046701

Nah, common dregs kill me instantly out of a mistimed dash with their spray and pray stunlock combos. Its actually hilarious how small ennemies with rusty implements in groups of 3 or 4 are much more dangerous than large tough ennemies mostly because they do similar damage while having a much more aggressive AI and sloppily designed attacks
>>
>>321046701
also applies to mistimed dodges, sprinting using items etc
>>
>>321044058
Am I the only one who hates fighting those giant ass beast bosses that have giant hitbox arm-flailing attacks which cover half the arena?

I mean, I have Platinum for Bloodborne, but just fuck man.
>>
>>321046742
I don't find the damage unreasonable.

you really only get two-hit if they get off hits of opportunity.
>>
>>321047186
The only beast bosses I have issue with are the ones in the dungeons. Bloodletting Beast is just annoying to fight.
The main game beast bosses are some of my favourites.
>>
>>321044058
holy shit, that is spot on
last one didn't bother me too much though
>>
>>321044058
>High tier bloodgems break PvP
Brains in DLC drops 22% gems, you really don't need more to win.
>>
>>321045874
I just recently finished my chalice dungeons on my level 80 with 34 vit and outside of cursed dungeons I wasn't getting 1 or 2 shot
>>
File: 1450632298348.png (418 KB, 477x463) Image search: [Google]
1450632298348.png
418 KB, 477x463
Parry hitbox and hitboxes in general are whacked out on stairs.
And as with all Souls games, areas where you HAVE to drop from a high place and take some damage with each drop is beyond lame. Like come on, this isn't a platformer and forcing me to use healing items in order to progress feels like it goes against most of the game.
Luckily in BB I believe it's only one section of the game.
>>
Is Bloodborne ever coming to PC? I don't want to buy a PS4 for one game, but I"m pretty close
>>
>>321047771
I'm fine with parrying, but when I jump in to visceral either it won't lock me into it and I just melee them or I noclip through the enemy and don't visceral them. This happen a lot especially when I do consecutive parries. But yeah stair hit boxes are fucked, so many times I swing right through them and do no damage.
>>
>>321047809
It's published by Sony and co-developed with their internal studio.
Put two and two together.
>>
>>321044058
hyper armor
warping from get go
blood vials (estus was beter desu)
farming for top tier shit in CD
>>
>>321048216
Why do people hate warping? It's there to save your time. Nobody enjoys back tracking or having to walk through ten areas and countless enemies just to grap an item or fight a boss.
If you hate it so much and have too much time in your hand to waste, just don't use it and walk your ass to where you want to go.
>>
>>321048708
>Nobody enjoys back tracking

I do. I think it helps to immerse youself in the world. I also like functionality of bonfires in DS more, like leveling up, repairing weapons etc. Having hub area is nice and all but having to suffer two loading screens just to replenish your stuff is kinda shitty.
>>
chalice dungeons are shit
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.