[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the dust has settled, can we all agree that this was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6
File: undertale_logo.png (1 KB, 658x164) Image search: [Google]
undertale_logo.png
1 KB, 658x164
Now that the dust has settled, can we all agree that this was one of the best games released this year?
>>
>>321039550
Nah, pretty overrated by tumblr imo
>>
No. it' shit
>>
check my 7
>>
Yes, but honestly there wasn't much competition, most of the hyped AAA releases were a disappointment. There were zero expectations for Undertale (unless you played it really really late).
>>
Nope because it wasn't. It was above average at best. I've thought this from the very beginning even before reading about it on /v/ and I went into it expecting and knowing nothing. I'm also a huge RPG fan overall.
>>
>>321039550
definately
>>
>>321039550
VNs aren't games.
>>
>>321039550
Rocket League was quite better.
>>
File: 1448780424502.jpg (881 KB, 2048x1420) Image search: [Google]
1448780424502.jpg
881 KB, 2048x1420
>>321039550
It was my favorite this year. I know it's not a masterpiece but it was a breath of fresh air from the typical shit that's released.
>>
>>321039550
It's only liked by furfags and Tumblrinas, plus it's indie shit, of course not.
>>
>>321039550
It's biggest problem is that the choice between pacifism and violence doesn't feel sincere.
It's clear the author wants you to be pacifistic, so why include a boring FIGHT mechanic on top of the ACT mechanic? Why not instead make the ACT mechanic deeper?
>>
File: image.gif (134 KB, 500x381) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
134 KB, 500x381
Thats not how you start shit. Allow me:

>cough

Rocket League won best Indie game
>>
>>321039550
>Now that the dust has settled,
Go die
>>
It dips into boring right after Snowdin and doesn't change until the pacifist and true pacifist endings.
I didn't bother with the genocide ending because it just seemed boring to have to kill EVERYTHING, and to kill the single character I actually managed to like.
>>
File: I'd watch it.jpg (478 KB, 1211x838) Image search: [Google]
I'd watch it.jpg
478 KB, 1211x838
>>321039550
Yes.
>>
>one of the best OST I've ever heard
>God tier characters and interactions
>engaging story
>literally the best morale system imaginable
>amazing artstyle(s)
>fun as fuck gameplay
>nostalgia factor
>doesn't drag on too long
>not too short either
>replayability
Literally the best game ever made. Undertale haters must consider suicide
>>
flavor of the year meme progressive western indie trash shit. There you had your buzzword reply.
>>
File: stopped reading there.jpg (32 KB, 250x272) Image search: [Google]
stopped reading there.jpg
32 KB, 250x272
>>321040572
>literally the best morale system imaginable
What? How? Fucking Fable had a better morality system than Undertale. I wouldn't even call it a morality "system" just different routes you can take.
>>
For real though, the people who actively shit on Undertale at any chance they can are way, WAY more obnoxious than the people who like the game.
>>
>Now that the dust has settled

Anyone who says this should be taken outside and shot.
>>
Everybody who hates Undertale clearly hasn't played it, or is literally just being 'le master trolle'
It's an amazing game from every perspective.
>>
>>321039550
It was ok, but not the best tbqhfam
>>
>>321040647
It's the fact that the game rewards or punishes you depending on your actions.
Sometimes it punishes you in such way that you start to feel bad for your actions without the game increasing the difficulty or straight up making you lose something.
It also provides with satisfaction either way. After you've been punished as fuck by having to beat Sans you feel both accomplished and guilty.
Regardless of which route you take you're gonna feel something
>>
Someone who has played it, please specify whats actually wrong with it. The fanbase/demographic is not a reason. I mean what is wrong with the game itself
>>
>>321041002
I wrote a review about it here on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tomadapt/recommended/391540
>>
>>321039550
I liked the game enough to clear all three major ending routes, but let's not be kidding anyone, I've had and am having more fun with other games right now. Music was indeed pretty good and some of the tracks I have on my playlist now.

>>321041002
To me it doesn't really feel like a game so much as one of those walking simulators like The Stanley Parable. There are literally only two (optional) points in the entire game that require any thought or skill to beat, and the rest is just wait till the monster gives up.
>>
File: 1392544758413.png (88 KB, 1305x892) Image search: [Google]
1392544758413.png
88 KB, 1305x892
please
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.