[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This game looks dope, I'm almost done downloading it, can
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: header.jpg (53 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
53 KB, 460x215
This game looks dope, I'm almost done downloading it, can you guys get me hyped in what I'm up for?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xARgYMDjno

It's pretty good senpai
>>
boring meters that constantly go down to give yourself something that rips you out of whatever you're doing that's actually fun
kids of every sort complaining to the admins and donators
horrendous optimization
ultimately goalless gameplay just with braindead dinosaurs in the equation
>>
>>321022031
woah lad WOAH
>>
>>321021836
It's pretty fun as long as you aren't sick of survival games and like dinosaurs. My only real complaints are that recipes are grindy (building anything larger than a shack requires obscene amounts of resources) and dino AI is currently placeholder. Basically carnivores just attack anything they consider a valid target nonstop til they die of cumulative damage.

>>321022248
Any survival game ever. And basic survival is dirt easy, just eat berries and get a few walls up as soon as you can. You're more likely to get eaten than worry about the meters. Optimization is getting better, I could play it fine on my average rig just by lowering a few settings. They have goals in mind, bosses and a high tech tech tier. But it's a survival game so I'm not sure what you're expecting.

There's plenty of shit wrong with the game, at least pick valid concerns.
>>
>>321022432
Kaffir
>>
>>321021836
Oh and don't play on a pvp server starting out. I mean unless you enjoy rebuilding over and over again and dying to other players constantly if you pick a bad server. Try a pve to get a feel for the game or play singleplayer with settings maxed like tame time and resource gathering.
>>
>>321022707
>>321022916

nice thanks bro, do I just need to disconnect the internet for pve or do I just pick an option? It looks pretty brutal for new meat
>>
>>321021836
Just watch a lets play, it will never be as fun as they make it look. Would save you a few thousand megabytes too.
>>
It's easy to hack because there is no cheat protection at all. Enjoy your multiplayer experience. :^)
>>
>>321023109
Nah there's singleplayer built in. Same place you would run your own server from. Has a ton of settings you can adjust to make the game easier as well. There's also special pve servers where other people can't mess with your structures.

Just remember:
Eat and collect lots of berries, this will keep you alive. Running makes you hungry and thirsty. Being freezing makes you hungry and being hot makes you thirsty. For some insane reason going into the shade under a bunch of trees is considered jungle and makes you hotter. I'd focus basic tools and than on a campfire and a thatch house quickly.

Fun game, but it isn't world breaking amazing or anything. Badly needs some more housing stuff to make things other than cubes.
>>
>>321023787
I just waited like an hour and a half for it to download and something messed up on the installation? What's up with that?
>>
>>321023972
Search me, I've had mine installed for like 4 months. I'd right click on it and have steam verify it's integrity.
>>
>>321024295
I'm on the xbox one
>>
>>321024805
Than I have no idea, that's only been out a week or so so I know jack all about it I'm afraid. I'd use the magic box google and see if anyone else is having the issue.
>>
prepare for autism and timesinks
>>
>>321021836
burning plastic
>>
>MMO survival genre requires a great deal of optimization, netcode, challenging design decisions, and updates
>Indie devs keep deciding to pursue these games as their very first
Why do they ever think this is a good decision? Why do people keep throwing money at them? They'll do the fun part of making something somewhat work, but hit a brick wall when it comes to making it work well.
>>
File: 1400685306957.jpg (17 KB, 214x226) Image search: [Google]
1400685306957.jpg
17 KB, 214x226
>>321024805
You're a retard. It barely runs on a computer, let alone a console.
>>
>>321021836
can you fucking kill yourself?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.