[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Games similar to this. I want interesting story themes,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (66 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
66 KB, 1920x1080
ITT: Games similar to this.
I want interesting story themes, unique characters/enemies, good music, a party that I care about, and maybe a world worth exploring.

Easy Mode: No Undertale

Normal Mode: No Earthbound, Mother 1

Hard Mode: No Indie games

NIGHTMARE MODE: no character deaths meant to unfairly make you feel like shit
>>
Undertale
>>
>>321016234
>no character deaths meant to unfairly make you feel like shit

I love Mother 3 but that's EXACTLY what it did. I like Hinawa too but she could have been killed in the prologue and it wouldn't have made a difference, she only exists to milk your emotions
>>
>>321016321
>anon couldn't even beat easy mode
lol
>>
>>321016234
Xenoblade
>>
>>321016680
Good answer but that was the game I played right before Mother 3.
I guess you win, if that's what you wanted to hear.

I just want another experience like this one.
>>
>>321016234
Pillars of Eternity
Both. mother and obsidian games have top tier writing
>>
>>321016831
I hated that you can heal outside of combat except from Inns and that enemy AI targets the mandatory wizard companion 10 times out of 10 even if you do literally everything in your early-game power to aggro them.

I wanted to love POE because it really seemed to be carrying the Baldur's Gate torch, but it just didn't do it for me.

However it did inspire me to finally play Fallout 1 to completion this year, which was written by the same crew.
>>
File: 256px-Planescape-torment-box.jpg (38 KB, 256x318) Image search: [Google]
256px-Planescape-torment-box.jpg
38 KB, 256x318
>>321016234
>>
I don't think there's really a perfect match for all of those. A tales game might be alright but all of the stories are ass.
>>
>>321017061
cannot heal***

>>321017073
This may very well be the answer I need.
I hear it's one of the best games of all time barring the combat and "journal updating".
Anything I should know?

>>321017105
I hated Symphonia and I hear that's the best one.
>>
>>321017061
>which was written by the same crew.
It wasn't
>>
>Interesting story themes
> a world worth exploring.
Mother 3 has none of those so how are they similar?

>no character deaths meant to unfairly make you feel like shit
Mother 3 has that shit throughout the game.

You fucking children constantly praising this shitty game when it's the JRPG equivalent of every shitty watered down cinematic game make me sick.
>>
File: planescape-sigil.jpg (733 KB, 2400x1436) Image search: [Google]
planescape-sigil.jpg
733 KB, 2400x1436
>>321017196
Just go into it blind. The best build is dumping points into intellect and wisdom for more dialogue options, and going for a mage build.
>>
File: Tales.of.the.Abyss.full.603041.jpg (332 KB, 1167x755) Image search: [Google]
Tales.of.the.Abyss.full.603041.jpg
332 KB, 1167x755
>>321017196
In terms of narrative themes and character development, Abyss is the best Tales. As someone who was deeply moved by Mother 3, I wholeheartedly recommend it if you're looking for an emotionally charged & ambitious story.
>>
>>321017790
>getting this upset over videogames
Take your meds pls
>>
>>321017790
You must be a blast at parties.
>>
The LISA trilogy.
>>
>>321016234
Dyscourse

Be prepared for the feels.
>>
>>321017196
>journal updating
>bad
It's just a line that people who played it recognize instantly. It's like if people who really like Moby Dick constatly greet themselves by saying "call me [name]".
>>
>>321017790
You have shit taste, faggot. Post a good game if you're so great.
>>
File: Citizens of Earth.jpg (196 KB, 640x365) Image search: [Google]
Citizens of Earth.jpg
196 KB, 640x365
>>321016234
The plot is generally fun, as well as the loads and loads of characters that it has.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.