[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>In Smash 64 everyone had kill throws >In Melee and Brawl
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: 896.gif (3 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
896.gif
3 MB, 480x270
>In Smash 64 everyone had kill throws
>In Melee and Brawl there were chain grabs that would lead to kills
>Smash 4 only ever has has down throw to X
Why did Sakurai nerf grabbing so much?
>>
File: nyoro~n.jpg (22 KB, 303x234) Image search: [Google]
nyoro~n.jpg
22 KB, 303x234
grabs are okay in PM
>>
>>321002023
And yet it seems to be the most grab-oriented game out of all the Smash games, despite previous installments having characters like the ICs.
>>
>>321002423
Because theres barely any fucking shield stun in smash 4 which makes most things that arent a grab unsafe on shield. They even patched in a couple more frames of shieldstun and it barely made a difference. It still needs more.
>>
>>321002876
Not saying I don't agree with you, but the damage seems done already. It's become a habit for most players at this point to grab everything.
>>
>>321002876
wtf nigga. Smash 4 has the most shield stun, even more than melee. They patched up that shit.
>>
File: hhhhehhe.png (30 KB, 294x167) Image search: [Google]
hhhhehhe.png
30 KB, 294x167
>>321002212
>okay
They're fucking great not okay... Well at least with the characters that i use. Captain Falcon, Mario, and Ganon pretty much have a chain grab on every character
>>
>>321003279
Then why is it that in melee shielding is next to useless but in smash 4 shielding is so op?
>>
>>321003292
>Ganon's down throw
The most broken piece of shit in that game without a doubt.
>>
File: ShadowOfADoudt(s).jpg (1 MB, 1782x1782) Image search: [Google]
ShadowOfADoudt(s).jpg
1 MB, 1782x1782
>>321002023
Because this game is shit.
It's anti-competitive

If you care about it as a party game that's all fine, but for the actual competitive aspects of Smash that existed since 64/Melee have been striped or watered down tenfold.

Play this as a party game but as even a simple 1v1 no items w/ friends this game is abysmal garbage.
>>
But X is jump anon.

Down throw to jump does nothing.

Are you mentally retarded?
>>
Captain Falcon's Dash Grab is fucking stupid, that is all.
>>
>>321005263
please tell me you're trolling
>>
>>321005263
XD nice one anon
>>
>>321004054
Yeah, but if you look at the pathetic range of his grab it makes sense.
>>
>>321005183

Even as a party game, this game is shit.

Whenever me and my friends play, we have to either deal with the same boring ass 2-4 maps (or Omega stages) and no items or we have to deal with the shitty ass stage hazards and the OHKO items.

On what planet does Sakurai get his data on casuals from? Because I can't think of anyone who enjoys being beaten by Yellow Devil when they otherwise would've won or having to chase a fucker down a map that's larger and emptier than fucking Zelda's castle or being literally blown away by the gust bellows when playing someone like Little Mac or Dr. Mario.

That's why we just go back to melee or PM, at least we aren't fighting the game just to have a semblance of fun there.
>>
>>321005697
Little Mac can run fast enough to resist the gust bellows.
>>
>>321006007

It really doesn't help him if he's already close to the edge of the stage though.

Keep in mind, we usually play FFA matches and some of the (omega) stages aren't necessarily the largest places in the game in the first place.
>>
>>321003892
small shields, fast degradation and slow regen meaning pokes happened fast if you angled wrong and shields were usually useless for a period of time after blocking any attack
also l cancels allowed for far more safe shield chip options
>>
>>321005183
great album.
>>
>>321002876
Its not that shield stun is too lacking, its that attacks are too slow unless you're playing someone like Sheik.
>>
>>321003279

actually Smash 64 has the most shield stun.
>>
>>321002023
>Smash 4 only ever has has down throw to X

Confirmed for not actually playing the game, there's a bunch of killing backthrows and upthrows, and a handful of killing forward throws.

I want faggots who only watch Twitch streams and Let's Plays and don't actually play video games to leave.
>>
>>321009742
A throw that doesnt kill until 160% and up is not a real kill throw. Only a handful of character in smash 4 have reasonable kill throws. And 90% of followups from grabs come from down throw. Its extremely homogenized and fucking boring. Smash 4 is fucking shit.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.