[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
starcraft 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: og-sc2-legacy-of-the-void.jpg (276 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
og-sc2-legacy-of-the-void.jpg
276 KB, 1200x630
Is legacy of the void worth it for the multiplayer? I only have wings of liberty.
>inb4 le starcraft 2 sux meme
>>
I hadn't touched sc2 since HotS came out, and I never played Mp in HotS either, but lotv is pretty fucking good. It's definitely better than WoL by a lot and it's streets ahead of HotS.
>>
>>320994760
you already have access to the multiplayer without buying legacy of the void. so no
>>
>>320995078
You don't get access to changes made in multiplayer unless you buy the expansion.
>>
>>320995078
no you don't

you get access to the co-op and arcade for free, but you can't play ladder without buying it, if he already has WoL he can still play WoL ladder but it's a completely separate ladder
>>
File: Brandon.jpg (5 KB, 217x232) Image search: [Google]
Brandon.jpg
5 KB, 217x232
>Tfw everyone in the world is better than me at SC2
How the fuck do i git gud?
>>
>>320994760
>Is legacy of the void worth it for the multiplayer?

Haven't touched the MP but what I can tell you is that the SP is seriously bad in pretty much every way.
>>
>>320994760
The esport scene is on life support, but SC2 is still popular enough that queue times are virtually non-existent for any given game mode, with hundreds of players still queuing up for whatever reason. And the LotV changes have made SC2 a much, much faster, more aggressive game, which a lot of people ended up liking. Not that it'll save the IP.

It's definitely worth it for the custom maps, though. All the major maps already have updates with the new units and assets, and more shit comes out every week. I legitimately pity the people who haven't experienced the joy of custom games since the Brood War era, Starcraft and Warcraft are the two franchises that can guarantee me over 1000 hours of constant new content and fun.
>>
>>320997558
Practice.What, were you expecting a different answer?
>>
>>320997558
Practice find someone who is better than you to show you the basics.
>>
>tfw can't afford to shell out $30 so I can ladder
Anyone want to share their account? I'm willing to become good enough to be GM. I usually play around 10 pm to 1 am(pst) so hopefully you are asleep by then.
>>
>>320998192
Actually since Lotv launch sc2 e-sport scene has already had a massive boom compared to hots. It's looking very bright for the future of sc2. Sure, it'll never be up there with lol or csgo but it's not going anywhere
>>
>>320998990
So you can sell my account to some spic for your next fix? No. thank you.
>>
>>320998192
Did they fix the custom game browser shit any?
>>
>>320999072
It's still comparatively dead. You have fighting games pulling in more viewers, which really says something.

Starcraft on a whole is popular and polished enough to make sure it never actually dies, but it's nowhere near as huge as it used to be. As a competitive player, seriously picking SC2 as your game is a mistake.

>>320999278
Back in WoL, yes. It's just like Brood Wars/WC3's, where you can see all the games currently being hosted.
>>
>>321000219
> but it's nowhere near as huge as it used to be

....how big do you think it used to be? The recent lotv tournies are already pulling in more viewers than any other sc2 tournaments before, besides very very early WoL days. Starcraft has never been super-massive.
>>
>>320999172
blizzard has 2 step authorization protection, meaning if you set that up, I won't be able to change anything on your account without you knowing.
>try to change account info
>blizzard send a code to your phone to authorization changes
>say no.
>>
>>320997558
You're not suposed to be "gud" you're suposed to get better.
>>
It's not even worth it for the singleplayer. Why would the multiplayer be any better. I only stick around with my copy of WOL for the arcade.
>>
>>321002396
>why is playing against a human better than playing against a CPU
actual questions asked by anon, 2015
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.