[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was bastion a flavor of the month or is it worth playing still?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault.jpg (171 KB, 1622x968) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
171 KB, 1622x968
Was bastion a flavor of the month or is it worth playing still?
>>
>>320982673
One of the worst games I've ever played but a lot of homos on /v/ will try to tell you shit like this, Trails in the Sky and Undertale are good as well.
>>
>>320982827
But Trails is geniunely good. It's not amazing and it brings nothing new to the table, but is really well done.
>>
>>320983125
Nope, not even fucking close. You guys praise it for muh dialogue which is cringe-tier while ignoring the shit gameplay. It might as well be a VN
>>
>>320983256
Combat is not the only thing that counts as gameplay, anon. And it's not even that bad, just standart jrpg shit.
>>
The gameplay got repetetive but since the game is only a few hours that's not a major issue. I enjoyed it for the narration, music, story, visuals and atmosphere so if you can enjoy a game on those qualities alone then I'd recommend it to you.

You should at least try it out.
>>
>>320983439
What counts as gameplay in Tales then friendo? Is the walking 10/10 to make up for the poor combat and cringe-dialogue?
>>
>>320983502
The narration was gayer than fuck
>Then the boy jumped in to the great big hole in da earth
I fucking know, I pressed the buttons and made that happen.
>>
>>320982673
Play it, I think it's great.
>>
>>320983439
I wish TiTS combat was standard for jrpgs. There's a lot worse out there.

Hell, people love Skies of Arcadia, and that is an objectively worse version of the combat in TiTS.
>>
because of all the praise on /v/ i thought i should check it out.

>pirated
>played for 3 or so hours hoping it will get better
>uninstalled

there you go, but if that doesn't change your mind then i highly suggest that you pirate it first.
>>
>>320982673
it's pretty good. if you own it, play it, if not wait for a bundle (happens all the time)

generally, the story, VO, music and visuals are pretty great. the gameplay is just enough to keep you going. it's not a long game so it doesn't get boring.
>>
>>320983547
If you put it like this, every rpg ever is a walking sim with vn elements and combat thrown in. As for dialogue, was it your first japanese game or something? It's way, way better than 90% of JRPGs.
>>
>>320984058
That's what I said moron, you were the one arguing that there's more to jrpg gameplay than combat.
>better than 90% of jrpgs
That's not even close to true, it might be better than the worst 10%. Trails sucks ass
>>
it's a pretty good ARPG
Galleon Mortar is OP as fuck with the last upgrade, as a general warning/word of advice
>>
>>320984058
BTFO by
>>320984254
>>
>>320985706
Samefagging is bad, mkay?
>>
I enjoyed it. grab it when it's on sale for a few bucks, the music and art is the best part but the controls are fairly clean and gameplay, even if extremely unoriginal, isn't boring as many suggest it is. just don't expect a godlike game, but honestly I think it's one worth looking at if you have a couple hours to kill.
>>
>>320983731
you should probably stop using that acronym for trails in the sky unless you want people to think you're a furfag
http://www.taintedspace.com/
>>
>>320983731
>Skies of Arcadia
>is an objectively worse version of the combat in TiTS.

I just thought about it a moment. It's actually true if you think about it. But nevertheless, Arcadia and TiTS are great games.
The battles in Arcadia were tedious sure, especially with the random encounters.
But what makes these games great, are the stories and the characters.

>then play VN or a read a book
No fuck you stupid piece of shit. It's still not the same. People who say this actually never played a VN or read a book. Because the experience is not the fucking same.
Even if the story is the main focus of a game, there is still more to it.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.