[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Patrick Lawson (Lawson a part of the new SEGA Dreamcast
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 8
File: sega_nightmare.jpg (14 KB, 540x309) Image search: [Google]
sega_nightmare.jpg
14 KB, 540x309
>Patrick Lawson (Lawson a part of the new SEGA Dreamcast 2 super group, which consists of an indie OEM Silicon designer, the founder of the Shenmue 500K group, the SEGA fan behind the Dreamcast 2 petition and some SEGA of Japan interns), and he shared with us some really great news about the Dreamcast 2 project (the project is called “Project Dream”) and SEGA with us:

>“Greetings! I am part of a NEW Coalition formed by the founder of the Shenmue 500K group, an indie OEM silicon designer, the Australian SEGA fan behind the Dreamcast 2/DC HD petition, and SEGA of Japan interns. I just read your July 1st Article and am happy to share with you great news regarding SEGA Holdings,Co,Ltd in Japan.SEGA does have the finances and the resources to release another home consumer product. ($11.6 billion in cash flow). They are also forming a NEW division called SEGA Interactive,Co,Ltd that will handle hardware R&D,Marketing and Sales and are also forming a NEW global Amusement and Theme Park label called SEGA Live Creation,Inc.

Source: http://thegg.net/hot-news/the-sega-dreamcast-2-project-are-very-much-alive-say-hello-to-project-dream/

Proof: http://www.projectdream.co/

More proof: https://www.change.org/p/sega-of-america-to-design-and-release-a-sega-dreamcast-limited-edition-console

SEGA IS FUCKING BACK BABY
>>
>>320971075
STICKY THIS SHIT MODS
>>
>>320971075
DEAD ON ARRIVAL
E
A
D

O
N

A
R
R
I
V
A
L
>>
>>320971075
get ready for all them kikestarter campaigns fueled by nostalgia and cheetos
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqyEhVwl2MI
>>
>>320971075

>only 2 different posters

Pathetic
>>
File: 1438875048979.jpg (294 KB, 582x600) Image search: [Google]
1438875048979.jpg
294 KB, 582x600
>>320971425
>>
Please don't have paid online Please don't have paid online Please don't have paid online
>>
>>320971075
Does this mean we'll see Billy Hatcher again
>>
It's not actually a dreamcast 2 per se, the kickstarter page reveals that it's just a modernized dreamcast that can play all of the old games in HD.

With that in mind, I would easily buy it, dreamcast had some of the best games and fighting games perhaps even to this day.
>>
File: 1438934025985.png (132 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
1438934025985.png
132 KB, 396x385
>Nintendo is going to die by the last finishing blow by the mighy Sega Empire
>>
>>320971918
I wouldn't expect too much at all. If this were likely it'd be all over the vidya news.
>>
>>320972070
>It's not actually a dreamcast 2 per se, the kickstarter page reveals that it's just a modernized dreamcast that can play all of the old games in HD.

Still, it's great news because this is a clear sign that Sega is ready to get back into the console market. Once this Dreamcast HD console is a success then it's just a matter of time until they make their true Sega console.
>>
>implying this won't be DOA
another wreck to laugh at, neat
>>
File: Rc9hobB.jpg (54 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Rc9hobB.jpg
54 KB, 500x500
>>320972070
>just a modernized dreamcast that can play all of the old games in HD
>>
File: uliuli.jpg (124 KB, 500x666) Image search: [Google]
uliuli.jpg
124 KB, 500x666
>>320972324
I want a new dreamcast just as much as the next guy, hell, it was my first console even.
But I don't think it's going to have such a massive success. If you look at numbers, then even if every single person who bought a dreamcast back in the day bought it again, it would still be a failure.

And that is a shame because their demographics is kinda people who already know what dreamcast is, and not new potential buyers.

I don't think it's possible for this to take off like you implied even though I hope it will.

And this is without mentioning that even if it did take off, SEGA is far from the same company it used to be and their games will most likely be pretty shit.
The old SEGA staff is what made SEGA, there's no returning from that.
>>
File: Jb1IX8R.jpg (91 KB, 631x537) Image search: [Google]
Jb1IX8R.jpg
91 KB, 631x537
>Sega would rather attempt a risky hardware venture than port JSRF to PC
>>
File: 1408359324217.png (10 KB, 611x427) Image search: [Google]
1408359324217.png
10 KB, 611x427
Why now? Gaming is shit nowadays.
>>
>>320973168
to save it breh, to save it :^)
>>
>>320972803
>I don't think it's possible for this to take off like you implied even though I hope it will.
I was thinking the same thing, more like a gut feeling. It's honestly mixed though. But on the other hand, there's slowly becoming a nostalgia culture for retro/classic video games I'm sure once this gets traction everyone will hop on this thing. Just hoping.
>>
File: 13618941704.png (363 KB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
13618941704.png
363 KB, 5000x5000
>>320973535
Eh, the retro people are more into 8bit stuff, the dreamcast is too recent for it to be considered retro so it will also fail in that niche market.

I'm ignorant as fuck when it comes to business but even I can see that this will be very difficult to pull off.

Sad, we would have benefitted from a more competitive market.
>>
It'll never happen, which sucks because I'd love to see people lose their minds over Persona becoming a Sega exclusive.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.