[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SYSTEM SHOCK 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: SHODAN.jpg (98 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
SHODAN.jpg
98 KB, 700x525
This has to be the most disappointing final boss battle in a video game ever. And holy fuck the ending cutscene was terrible. The rest of the game was great, why did they have to fuck it up in the very end?
>>
>This has to be the most disappointing final boss battle in a video game ever
Nah
>>
Didn't they run out of time/money or something? The section of the game after you leave the first ship is where it all goes downhill.
>>
>>320967642
Yup. The ending that was made was different than the one that was written, and it was too late to go back to redo it so they had to work with what was there. Some things also got cut due to tech limitations like a section on the outside of the ships.
>>
>that ending cutscene
>bad
Maybe if you have no sense of humor. Anyway the excuse I heard for it was that the fmv guys fucked up the video and then LGS/Irrational didn't have enough money to commission another.
>>
>make up some placeholder joke ending at the start
>find out you dont have time to replace it with something decent
>>
>>320967463
I understand that you're memeing but you can literally kill her instantly. Personally I just fired my assault rifle on auto through her shields, she never had a chance. I don't think they really thought it through.

>>320967891
Sounds like the most plausible scenario.
>>
It's the journey that matters. Wrench Hybrids on max difficulty are probably harder than shodan.
>>
>>320968743
>>Sounds like the most plausible scenario.
that was the scenario. How else do you think to explain NAH?
>>
>>320967330

The cutscene was great. Well, maybe the "Nah" wasn't, but seeing Shodan's corrupted image expand and distort was frightening.
>>
>>320968843
That's just because you wouldn't want to waste any valuable ammunition on them and trying to kill anything with the wrench is fucking terrible, especially on the harder difficulties when you literally have like 15 HP
>>
Tommy. What's the matter, lover?

Don't you like my... new look?

Hehehehehe...
>>
>>320969770
>the artificial intelligence somehow possessed a human
Quality writing
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.