[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Flash Cards
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: r4dscart.jpg (8 KB, 200x262) Image search: [Google]
r4dscart.jpg
8 KB, 200x262
Are flash cards a thing for 3DS yet or do they still get stomped by Nintendo shortly after release?
>>
I'm aware of Sky3DS and Gateway, which I understand have their respective strengths and weaknesses. I've bought myself a 3Ds for Christmas and I've entertained the idea of getting myself a flash card for it.
>>
File: k867k.jpg (27 KB, 390x310) Image search: [Google]
k867k.jpg
27 KB, 390x310
>9.9 CFW NEVER EVER
>>
Daily reminder that Gateway will brick your 3DS if they find you using flashcards from the competition, this is their idea of "fighting piracy"
>>
Sky3DS is GOAT, you don't need to patch your system and it works on all firmware. There's no way to patch it out and you can play basically everything you'd want to (outside of imports).
>>
I figured this would be as good thread to ask my question as any...

I also bought myself a new 3ds xl for a drive up to Canadia with my family, after Christmas..

Can someone explain to me what the hell do I do now? I mean, I am playing some games (yo-kai, luigi's mansion, cave story).. But what is Gateway and would you recommend it?
>>
>>320965646
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/3DS_Flashcart_FAQ

Cool, but why doesn't this wiki page mention that and says that if you have >9.2 you're fucked
>>
>>320965795
It doesn't mention that. It's saying Gateway is the one that needs <9.2. Sky3DS apparently works beyond that, as this video shows.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdKyaP9LNZY
>>
>>320964490
I remember those. I had the Chinese knockoff N5.
>>
Gateway a shit, just get a Sky3DS+ or CFW
>>
gateway is obsolete
sky3DS is for lazy tech illiterate children
buy a 3DS on 9.2 or below and use rxtools and NTR CFW
>>
>>320965778

What firmware is your system on? Just go in system settings.
>>
What card to get if you only have a dsi
>>
>>320968247

Supercard DSTwo
Not DSTwo+
>>
>>320967996
Oh I see.. Firmware determines what you can use: Gateway or Sky3DS

Now, can I pirate games with the above mentioned flash card systems?
>>
>>320968898

Sky3DS works on any console regardless of version.
Gateway works on 9.2 or below only. But there's no fucking point buying one of those, do it for free with CFW.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.