[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>this kills the Smash 4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 170
Thread images: 22
File: smash 4 classic.jpg (183 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
smash 4 classic.jpg
183 KB, 800x450
>this kills the Smash 4
>>
>>320962203
i always just go for whichever one has the most custom parts
>>
File: ClassicModeMelee.png (504 KB, 1364x768) Image search: [Google]
ClassicModeMelee.png
504 KB, 1364x768
I mean seriously how do you go from THIS
>>
File: smash-tour-pic-640x360.png (539 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
smash-tour-pic-640x360.png
539 KB, 640x360
>>320962578
to THIS
>>
>>320962578
Smash will forever be held back from being the best it can be so long as Sakurai keeps taking measures to make it more like a party game and less like a fighting game like Melee, despite the fact he is and always be blatantly wrong no matter what he does.
>>
>>320962815
That shit's a seconary mode, anon. Classic is in OP.
>>
>>320963941
stfu nerd smash4 is a better fighting game than memelee would ever be
>>
>>320962815
It's funny because no one fucking plays Smash tour.

Should've just brought back Adventure mode from Melee.
>>
File: gxa64rAsed1uanxg3o1_500.jpg (7 KB, 241x182) Image search: [Google]
gxa64rAsed1uanxg3o1_500.jpg
7 KB, 241x182
>no classic mode
>no adventure mode
>no smash run for wii u
>items aren't fun, insta-kill shit everywhere
>>
>>320962203
I don't see why people hate it, it's pretty good
>>
>>320962815

I just don't understand. How could Nintendo fuck up a game mode that's basically a Mario Party clone

They could have thrown in dumb shit like Smash Run's events and it would have made it more interesting.
>>
>>320962815

Smash Tour could have been so great, but it's just such a cluterfuck of fuck that it's not even worth playing.
>>
>>320965291
>we could of got a extra clone like Alph or maybe even Wolf in place of Smash Tour
>>
which game has the best event matches?
>>
>>320963941
Which is fucking stupid because melee was still the better party game of all 4 of them as well.
>>
>>320963941
>He's wrong in making it a party game
Why is he wrong?
>>
I actually liked subspace emissary and I would've loved another campaign mode like it
>>
File: 1450423340200.jpg (93 KB, 812x1200) Image search: [Google]
1450423340200.jpg
93 KB, 812x1200
I'm more mad about how fucking blatantly obvious the AI reads inputs.
THAT SHIT RIGHT THERE IS THE ONLY REASON I'LL NEVER UNLOCK ALL THE CUSTOM MOVES.
>>
File: 3e3.jpg (97 KB, 600x634) Image search: [Google]
3e3.jpg
97 KB, 600x634
>no Gun Game style game mode where you have to earn a KO as every character to win
>no new game modes whatsoever
>no Event Match expansion
>no returning Melee stages
>the DLC is over
>>
>>320965667
>taking out momentum
>taking away hitstun that makes even simple combos possible
>input buffers make everything feel slow
I know it's not something the average person is gonna notice but personally even at a casual level melee is still more fun to pop in every now and then.
>>
>>320965932
Granted this isn't to say combos don't exist in 4, but they're almost always from a down throw and at low percents.
>>
>>320965667

Because Smash isn't a party game like Quiplash, or Monopoly where the point is for stupid shit to happen.

Smash 64 and Melee had fun but balanced items and mostly fair stages. The gameplay was easy to learn, but had advanced pratical mechanics that rewarded you for taking the time to learn them
Brawl and 4 decided to just make the items retarded and overwhelming and the stages obnoxious. Brawl and Smash 4 barely have any advanced mechanics and most of them are irradically impratical.

Project M, a mod made by a bunch of faggots in their spare time managed to come out with way more fun gimmicky game modes than Sakurai ever did in Brawl and 4, and this is his job, he gets paid by publishers to make games for a living.
>>
>>320965932
Well I asked and you answered.
I haven't played smash 4.
So I guess I can't comment. I honestly wasn't expecting a serious answer, I was expecting chiding indignation. Thanks for replying seriously.
>>
>>320965481
Because Sakurai isn't a very clever man, and is also for some reason spiteful to people who enjoy Smash on anything but the most casual level.

Smash Tour is basically his idea of what Smash 4 is all about.
>>
>>320962815
i think thats a fun mode. too bad my friends hated it. fucking tryhards who just want final destination no items bullshit
>>
>>320966082
Posts like those are abundant in these threads. I'm not sure why you expected anything else.
>>
>No customs for doc characters
>no way to buy customs with coins
Fucking worthless
>>
>>320965291
Except when grinding for custom moves.
>>
>>320966073
Midgar is the perfect example of a gimmicky stage with reasonable stage hazards. I wish more stages were designed like that, instead of the retarded Ridley and Yellow Devil fights.
>>
imo smash should go by Melee's playbook again and target people well-versed in video games instead of actively trying to please both crowds, which ended up with a bunch of unhealthy design decisions that pisses people off on every end of the smash-experience spectrum (excessively obtrusive, hostile stages, frequent item instagibs)

64 hit the party-game-with-depth note because it was only 12 characters and easily digestible by anyone watching.

now it's grown so fucking big that casuals (in my experience) are intimidated by the roster select screen alone. Too many characters, too many unique mechanics, too many stage hazards, too many particle effects. And everyone i know who IS invested in smash wants a faster game with some actual investment in good stage design
>>
File: it's over now.gif (2 MB, 229x206) Image search: [Google]
it's over now.gif
2 MB, 229x206
>>320962578
>>320962815
Smash run isn't classic mode, first off. And classic mode in Smash 4 honestly isn't bad. It's a change from the usual, but it's definitely not bad. Being able to partner up with defeated opponents and choosing your battles is fun. It'd be cool to see minigames implemented, but it's definitely not as bad as nostalgia-fags are making it out to be. Smash Tour is bad only because it's a cluster with no time to explain ANYTHING. I would've much preferred Smash Run or a Melee Adventure mode.

>>320965407
>insta-kill shit everywhere
So you turn those off and use the items you're used to? There's still tons of fun items to use even without insta-kill items like the Boss Galaga and Beetle.

>>320965932
Honestly Smash 4 and even Brawl have always felt more smooth in my opinion. I respect Melee don't get me wrong, but it is just so fucking boring. Smash 4's hitstun makes most high-percent combos impossible, but there are definitely really interesting and fun things you can do if you get a read or two right.
>>
>>320966727
>but there are definitely really interesting and fun things you can do if you get a read or two right.
like what? A charged smash?
>>
File: image.jpg (70 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70 KB, 1280x720
Subspace Emissary 2: The Greater Maze for Smash 5
>>
>>320966251
While I won't say your friends are in the right, no one boots up Smash just because they feel like playing Mario Party.
>>
>>320965569
This. Three dessert options and they're the worst you could provide.
>Imitation Chocolate cake
>Splenda-sweetened pudding
>Toffee Crunch
Dark Pit is a fucking insult and I'd actually vouch for Blood Falcon or Black Shadow just so F-Zero could get another rep.
>>
>>320966990
>smash 4 wasted there budget on high quality character intros
>probably wont get something similar to subspace next smash game
>>
>>320966990
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIIrCOIaOjY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hyhDSki4qo
>>
>>320966990
Apologies.

>>320967576
meant for
>>320966874
>>
>>320966727
Not either of the guys you responded to on Classic, but my main problem is that it's so fucking stale and repetitive. It's just 8 Player style free for alls all the time with an occasional team battle maybe. The only time you fight a metal or giant opponent is when one just decides to show up with a fuckload of other opponents. The worst thing about it is that the stages available in Classic is strangely small for how many are actually in the game. So when trying to get everyone's Classic trophy, you find yourself playing the same pool of stages over and over and over.
>>
I wish Classic mode had the faceoff mode that Smash Tour does when you're about to fight.
>have items?
Pick them!

>however, this is the theme of the match
>low gravity
>metal
Type scenarios.
>>
>>320966990
Subspace Emissary was the best part of ssbb, if it didn't have the maze bullshit it would've been perfect.
>>
>>320967884
Classic isn't really a free for fall. The AI almost never fight each other intentionally. Not to mention how one of them will be the designated runner to grab Dragoon/Daybreak parts to use on you exclusively.

Its more like a big team battle with the AI all on the same team but with friendly fire.

Its always funny when you get launched offstage to watch them crowd around the edge and patiently wait for you to get back before they start fighting again.
>>
>>320963941
>Like a fighting game
Adventure mode and Subspace are extremely non-fighting game like and are the things I miss the most in Sm4sh
>>
>>320967208
Sakurai said something like
>hurr durr people will just watch the cutscenes on the Internet so I'll make the cutscenes trailers

As to why Subspace will never return.
>>
>>320967884
I can definitely see that being an issue. Though, for the most part I've experienced just as much 4-player free for alls as 8 player smashes. And please don't misunderstand, Smash 4 is no perfect game. In fact, I'd say it's definitely very undertwhelming; Like I said, I miss the minigames and wish they were implemented, but having Metals and Giants implemented to larger scale battles doesn't seem to bother me. When it comes to the stages, I haven't recognized a small stage selection, I don't think, but that could just be that I don't mind much. And to be fair, Melee's stage roster wasn't large or very good. Trophies, well, those all together bother me very much. The descriptions aren't very good for many of the trophies. They're mainly about the role of the character or creature in Smash brothers as opposed to their role in their own game.
>>
>>320968053
I don't get the hate for the maze. it was like playing Kirby's Amazing Mirror or Super Star's Great Cave Offensive
>>
>>320962815
Why wasn't this playable online? As much as a let down it was, it'd get a lot more attention if you could actually play it with other people instead of just local play.
>>
File: 1435100683314.png (573 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1435100683314.png
573 KB, 900x900
>>320962815
>I don't understand the concept of smash tour

You tour a random shuffle of literally all the content in the game without having to unlock it

Every fighter has different specials and stats to show you what smash 4 is really about

and butthurt faggots like you with the observational powers of a snail go full retard and don't even play a full round before bitching about it

like seriously, you brain damaged bro?
>>
>>320967956
Smash Tour can lead to fun matches, but a lot of times they're just TOO short. You blink and they're over. It'd be a nice if it was two+ stock matches.
>>
File: DuckHuntCasuals.png (2 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
DuckHuntCasuals.png
2 MB, 1366x768
>>320962203
It's pretty miserable what they did to classic mode, but at least the gameplay is enjoyable now.
>>
>>320969108
Fuck off frog poster
>>
why the fuck didn't they just put smash run in both
>>
>>320966727
You can't fucking turn off items in classic, it's filled with shit items and stages that fuck everything up
>>
>>320969797
Wii U isn't powerful enough to run Smash Run
>>
>>320969797
because split screen smash is retarded, you retard
>>
>>320965407
>not kill yourself, my man
6/10, you can do better
>>
>>320969991
smash tour is more retarded also my screen is big enough for 4 player split screen
>>
>>320969797
Because they didn't feel like implementing four player split screen, zooming out would have been infinitely worse than something like Great Cave Offensive, making it a small map would have ruined the whole point of it, and it was a mode designed with four separate screens in mind.
>>
The KIU balance mechanic didn't fucking work in Smash in the least. Made losing incredibly frustrating, especially when the game can be so random in huge battles.
>>
>>320969917
xD
>>
File: SakuraiLaugh.png (130 KB, 265x291) Image search: [Google]
SakuraiLaugh.png
130 KB, 265x291
>>320969797
because then the two versions would be too similar to each other.
>>
File: 1435086249517.png (922 KB, 778x759) Image search: [Google]
1435086249517.png
922 KB, 778x759
>>320969685
>has nothing to say about how retarded this thread is
>give me shit over posting a pepe

also well meme'd
>>
>>320969108
I understand it, it's just a poorly designed mess with way too many random elements. If i wanted to play random characters I'd just pick random in a normal smash mode.

Or just play all-star mode in Project M
>>
>>320969108

dumb frogposter.
>>
>>320970323
I fucking hate Sakurai's reasoning behind no SSE style story mode.
When has a game NOT been spoiled by the internet? Did he really expect Brawl to be immune from this?
>>
>>320962203
I tried solo 9.0 a few times last night, holy fuck is Master Fortress ever some bullshit.

It might even be worse than Champion's Road, I haven't beaten either.

Nintendo can make some brutal shit when they want to.
>>
>>320966073
>Project M, a mod made by a bunch of faggots in their spare time managed to come out with way more fun gimmicky game modes than Sakurai ever did in Brawl and 4

The fact that they never put no-blastzones mode into Smash 4 is a travesty. I imagine they won't put it into Smash 5 either, out of some misguided sense of pride.
>>
>>320965728
Just do Trophy Rush. Get a fun TV show to play in the background on Netflix then go to town.
>>
>>320970371
>P:M
>having alternate special moves

>Random giving you random stats or moves

it dosn't work like that, it picks at random from the customized fighters you have already made, and that still requires you to unlock the item in the first place plus the time in just setting them up

close but no cigar
>>
>>320970578
He doesn't think like you or I do.
>>
>>320970359
Literally can't take anyone seriously who uses those images.

Really anyone who makes an argument with an ANGRY reaction image I can't seriously as it shows you have way to much emotion invested in a discussion about fucking Nintendo games and not even anything remotely important having to do with them. The frog is just the icing on the cake that means you probably are either pretending to be retarded or have a loose grip on reality if you actually till think those images are funny have any reason to be posted.

Make an argument with words and not meme images and maybe you'll get responses that aren't so well meme'd.
>>
>>320970618
>no-blastzones mode
How the fuck do you win then?
>>
>>320970727
Stamina
>>
File: 1432527233409.gif (2 MB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
1432527233409.gif
2 MB, 300x168
>>320970323
>try to make the two games as different as possible
>except the roster, that HAS to be the same between the two no matter what
>>
>>320970706
>I have no idea what post ironic memeing is
>all of those projections and assumptions

naw, you just had nothing of substance to say m8
>>
>>320970809
That's what I thought; there IS Stamina in Smash 4, it's part of Special Smash.
>>
>>320970662
Trophy Rush has garbage Custom moves drop rate. It's worth it for trophies alone using Pauletena with heavenly light because it gives you insane amounts of trophies.
For custom moves, you need Vampire + Bat custom set for Crazy orders. Or All stars if you want moves for a specific character.
>>
>>320970578
>Did he really expect Brawl to be immune from this?
How many games with proper stories has he actually made? Exactly, the only one I can think of is Kid Icarus.
>>
>>320970905
Exactly you proved my point, you're not being "ironic" you're just acting like a retard on the internet for attention. Grow up.

Seriously, if you do anything "ironically" you need to seriously examine your life.
>>
>>320970578
It literally has no meaning

Same with his explanations for the inclusion/exclusion of characters. He decides whatever he wants to do then makes up a bullshit reason for it later.
>>
>>320970119
Too many syllables. It would sound weird that way.
>>
>>320962203
>Play Smash 4 Classic
>Both collectable items are always spawning
Fuck Dragoon and the other thing.

I miss individual Break the Targets, Race to the Finish, and true Metal Battles.
>>
>>320971126
>I still don't get post irony
>I can't google
>I just got here and don't understand the point of reaction images yet
>more projections

wow bro, you just get cuck'd or something and need to vent?
>>
>>320966513
That fire is fucking obnoxious though. Seriously, it moves the camera so if you get hit off to the right, you can't even see what's going on.
>>
>>320962815
Smash Run is one of the best examples of a real 'What the fuck was the developer thinking' when you play it.

What a fucking unfun mess.
>>
>>320970954
>buy turbo controller
>set B to A button
>pick Target Birds Stage 2
>pick name
>pick Mii
>clear one stage with custom box hit
>back out to CSS
>pick Ganondorf
>hold down A button with weight & turbo activated
>go out to dinner/movie/opera
Few days later and all the custom moves will unlock.
>>
>>320970323
muh Youtube would spoil the ending
muh Smash Run is a 3ds exclusive
muh my angry birds minigame is so popular there's no need for target mode

What a hack
>>
>>320971424
>Turbo controller
Yeah lmao.
>>
>>320970946
>That's what I thought; there IS Stamina in Smash 4, it's part of Special Smash.

You still lose instantly if you're thrown off the stage though. Whereas in no-blastzone mode you just wrap around the level.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAqLhXYJiTM
>>
>>320970594
Master Fortress is pretty tame once you memorize the layouts and enemy placements, since it's the same everytime. You might have trouble if the RNG decides to make the enemies move or do something unexpected, but for the most part any difficulty you have in Master Fortress is all on you.
>>
>>320971320
You only continue to prove I'm right. You didn't care about smash or what you were talking about at all, you just want attention. The only way to prove that's not the case is to stop responding now that nothing of substance is being said by either of us but you won't because you have no other way to get attention from people.

Anyone who baits or trolls or whatever the fuck niggas are calling it now a days is just a sad lonely person who can only get people to pay attention to them by picking up their own shit and flinging it and when they aren't their exactly the same with sadness an loneliness replaced with anger and hatred.

But go ahead, say something about cucking or frogs or something. I'm sure it'll prove me wrong.
>>
>>320971408
>'What the fuck was the developer thinking' when you play it.

I'm pretty confident that were thinking "how many kid icarus uprising assets could I re-use?"
>>
>>320971652
>I was on topic talking about smash
>you have yet to say anything of the sort
>im the attention seeking one

your metal gymnastics amazes me
>>
>>320965407

Item switch exists for a reason
>>
>>320962578

>Choosing Melee

Brawl has a classic mode too you know
>>
>>320965932

No it's not do you have autism?

Smash 4 demolishes Melee in team battles

Vanilla Sm4sh and Sm4sh now has seen significant improvement and you never played the fucking game to notice
>>
>>320971827
You make a clearly retarded post accompanied by an "ironic" reaction image. You continue to respond with nothing but memes and were the first too do so when you made a post consisting of nothing but greentext and the phrase "well meme'd".

You are also fundamentally unable to stop responding. If that's untrue you won't respond to this leaving it without a response and making me look like a dumbass but that can't happen. You won't let it. You WILL get the last word no matter. You're arguing when I've said I essentially concede you're right if you can stop arguing. So why are you still going?

You're clearly arguing for some other reason than to persuade me or others reading the conversation.
>>
File: latest[1].png (1 MB, 1246x1550) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
1 MB, 1246x1550
fuck this thing
>>
I miss melee's pokeball pokemon and frequency of motion sensor bombs and bob-ombs
>>
>>320971408
but smash run was fun.
smash tour is eh.
>>
>>320972795
Blame the 3DS version
>>
>>320970578
Even funnier when the final roster was leaked a month before it came out. You can't stop them, it's almost always going to happen.
>>
>>320972859
Smash Run is much better than people give it credit for. Glad it didn't copy City Tour in every possible way but just took inspiration
>>
>Nintendo, or any related branch of them
>Listening

why waste your energy typing? they make the games they want to make, which is clearly no longer what many of their fans want or 99% of the gaming audience wants

Smash pushing forward and getting more technical would be fine; every other Nintendo property has been stripped for the bottom-feeding least common denominator and all of their developers want to make games their wives can play. Throw their committed "core" one fucking bone, and make it Smash.

SMM being one of their only recent noteworthy releases with a developer base that's adding actually intuitive and desired updates makes me a pinch hopeful though
>>
>>320972415
>implying your the only person iv replied to
>I don't like internet culture so you shouldn't either
>all of this projecting

take a look in the mirror bub, this is my favored forum for the off topic posting that can happen in a thread and I enjoy a good cringy joke

what you are doing right now is basically running down the street to tell someone you think there man bun looks stupid then wondering why you got into an argument with them

also

psychology is literally a meme science, you know that right?
>>
>>320973172

I wish they made an expanded version of Smash Run. Added more maps, enemies, missions (everyone ganging up on a giant monster), and took out the extraneous Final Battles where you don't see the other opponents at all. It's disheartening being unable to see them/interact with them on the map at all, let alone getting to the end of the Run and being met with "beat more enemies than your invisible opponents". If Smash Run were properly expanded upon it would have been amazing.
>>
>>320973172

Smash run is a good idea with half-assed execution that really drags the whole thing down. It's fun from time to time but it should be much better
>>
>>320965883
>>no Gun Game style game mode where you have to earn a KO as every character to win
That would be dope, but KO's in smash take a much longer time than kills in Counter Strike.
>>
File: 1450423093555.jpg (373 KB, 800x483) Image search: [Google]
1450423093555.jpg
373 KB, 800x483
>some people actually want smash to be back like melee where combos make the first attacker play while the other just sits to wait until he can move again
I'm so glad sakurai isn't retarded to cater to you
>>
I'm sort of dumbfounded that PM has better special modes than Smash 4, given Smash 4's appeal to casuals. They should've put Smash Run on the Wii U version.
>>
>>320972859
Sorry, I meant Smash Tour.
>>
>>320973903
But muh DI
>>
>>320973903
If you press the shoulder button when you slam into the ground, you can do a little roll.
>>
>>320973903
>some people actually want smash to be back like melee where combos make the first attacker play while the other just sits to wait until he can move again

As opposed to Sm4sh where the person who attacks first is made to wait until they can move again. Such strategy, much depth
>>
>>320974284
>successfully hit an opponent
>they can retaliate quicker than I can attack again

GOOD
GAME
DESIGN
>>
/v/ help me out here real quick i don't want to make a new thread.
i was going to buy ryu and cloud dlcs with the stages because those are the only dlc characters that interest me ( until bayonetta comes out)
i noticed on their Page that they also sell seperate stages (old N64 ones mostly)
does not owning those stages impact Online play? can you play against people who have these stages? or are these for Private games / offline play only?
pls help me out here cause i have no idea how that shit works.
>>
>>320974453
Obviously you've never watched a boxing match
>>
>>320972265
Smash 4 doesn't reward offense enough.
>>
>>320965407
they even fucked up break the target
>>
File: 1446876840071.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1446876840071.webm
2 MB, 640x360
>>320974591
Boxing isn't video games, nor is it quite "designed" like a video game is.
>>
>>320974467
I think online the stages are all available regardless if you have the dlc or not

in a private match if you are playing someone with the dlc they can pick it and you can play, but you can't select it when its your turn to pick a stage.

I think
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17J6BbaTR18
>running around in training mode on your own in melee is more fun than anything in smash 4
How could gameplay regress this badly?
>>
>>320974731
Oh my God, this.

How the FUCK did they fuck up Break the Targets/Board the Platforms? It teaches you how to use the damned character.
I know why. Because it takes effort to make stages for each character. So much easier to just:
HURR TROPHIES
HURR STICKERS
HURR 2D TROPHIES
HURR RECYCLED CUSTOM MOVES
>>
>>320975167
>turn around waveshines
>all that silky platform/ledge cancel movements
Fucking nice.
>>
>>320975167
More movement/tech videos should use that debug bar stage
>>
>>320965697
Holy fuck SE was shit. It was an incredibly lazy attempt at creating a narrative and the little plot it did have was completely fucking retarded.

Adventure mode in Melee was better since it actually gave you interesting maps to play on
>>
>>320975167
You have to imagine how much grinding it would take to be perfect at performing everything in those clips. This is what Sakurai means when he talks about the peak. It's not going to be something that clicks like a mechanic in Mario or W101.
>>
>>320962815
God Smash Tour is so fucking bad I don't even know what the fuck they were thinking.

The worst part is that the multi-character stock battle at the end is pretty good but it's only available in Smash Tour, which is fucking amazing. How do you fuck up that bad?
>>
>>320972108
yeah but I don't like Brawl
>>
File: 1424162388545.jpg (76 KB, 288x402) Image search: [Google]
1424162388545.jpg
76 KB, 288x402
>>320975803
The thing is, Sakurai wanted to the all that tech skill options out because it made it "unfair" for casual players.
This is under the huge assumption that casuals would be playing with competitive players, when melee itself enjoyed a long and healthy casual lifespan.
Even with all the tech skill neutered on brawl/4, competitive players can still abuse what little is left, plus fundamentals knowledge, to shit on any casual.

Lowering the skill ceiling did fucking nothing, so I will never understand the reasoning behind taking all of the good things about melee out.
>>
>implying Smash 64 didn't have the best bonus modes

Break the Targets and Board the Platforms were a great way to teach you how to maneuver and attack with your character

it's Race to the Finish was great too because it was a reasonable size, had AI to fight with, and multiple hazards that demanded you jump and roll through; it was a summation of how to use your character. Melee's was fucking dumb
>>
>>320973083
I guess smash 4 will have no characters then

Trolls will just leak them online. I'm so glad Sakurai is smart enough to save me from that heartache
>>
>>320976314
Melee's Race to the Finish taught you how to be your fastest with whatever character you were as each character had their own time limit and can make it to the final door. You can stop at a safe door and get guaranteed points or push on and risk getting nothing and go for gold. Both games' Race to the Finish modes should have been playable from the menu though.

>>320975803
No, but that doesn't make any less legitimate. Just like the FPS genre's surfing and bunnyhopping there can sometimes be unplanned mechanics that have many layers to them that can add to the game.
>>
I think the only good non-character additions to Smash 4 were Master Core and Smash Run.

Shame how I can't play the latter on Wii U because it's been replaced by the most unfun and chaotic game mode I've ever seen. Also getting rid of Break the Targets for an Angry Birds clone was a really bad idea.
>>
>>320975167
>Video is just Fox and Falco spazzing around stages by abusing glitches

Oh Melee, you truly never change
>>
File: 1422501557815.png (665 KB, 1100x1085) Image search: [Google]
1422501557815.png
665 KB, 1100x1085
>>320962203
>>320962578
>>320962815
They fucked up the single player content of Smash 4, hard.

>Classic mode on Wii U is dogshit. Every single fight is a chaotic 8 player shitfest
>Classic mode on 3DS is better, but still not even in the same league as ones from previous games. No sense of cohesion to it, just random opponents on random stages with random gimmicks. Same applies to the Wii U version.
>Special Orders and Crazy orders are just bad, just gimmick matches over and over again.
>No new version of the Subspace Emissary, one of the best aspects of Brawl.
>They even couldn't throw in a new Adventure mode equivalent with the Subspace Emissary getting cut.
>Smash Tour is complete and utter dogshit. 100% luck up until the final battle where how you did on the actual board game section barely effects the outcome. This is what replaced the Subspace Emissary and Adventure Mode
>Smash Run, the only good new singleplayer mode they added, is stuck to the 3DS version.
>Forced to autisticly grind shitty singleplayer modes for custom moves if you want to unlock them all, no better way to get them.
>A lot of the achievements are bad, most of the later ones just require grinding out singleplayer modes with all the characters.
>Break the Targets completely gone, replaced with an mediocre angry birds clone.
>No Board the Platforms/Race to the Finish equivalent.
>No offline Tournament mode
>No stickers
>Generic miis replaced the Polygon teams from previous games.
>No overarching sense of style to the game.

I'll give them credit for improving Event Mode though. It's easily the best mode in the entire game and significantly improved from Brawl's iteration. But as for the rest of the singleplayer content, it's fucking awful.
>>
>>320976681
Crazy orders is fun too tbb
>>
>>320976256
It's not that I don't agree with you. It's just I can understand what Sakurai wants. The issue is that Smash as a game is just way too competitive and nuanced to be the game he wants it to be. He should really stop being so selfish, especially since it feels like he's the only person on the world that wants the game to be that way. Looking at NoA, they mentioned they want to really focus on eSports. And tons of NoA employees are rooting for the Sm4sh scene to flourish.
>>
>>320977124
>Nintendo could be hopping on the esports cash cow and making mad bank
>Sakurai screams and cries and throws a bitch fit into he gets his way
>>
>>320974467
The free update that goes through when new DLC is released makes the DLC stages compatible, so they can be drawn in online even if you don't buy them.
>>
smash 4s roster is its only redeeming quality.
>>
File: 1235089437036s.jpg (2 KB, 126x96) Image search: [Google]
1235089437036s.jpg
2 KB, 126x96
>>320962815
>Goal of Smash Tour is to collect fighters as stock for the final battle
>Final battle is determined by total number of KO's rather than last man standing
>Gaining more fighters just gives your opponents more chances to KO you
>Having more fighters than your opponents means you have less chance of winning
>Collecting fighters actively puts you at a disadvantage

Truly amazing design.
>>
>>320962203
Is Nintendo the champion when it comes to great-looking shaders?
>>
>>320976994
>You don't get the prize unless you beat the event in under a time limit! Better hope you get lucky and the AI fucks up!
It's shit
>>
>>320976994
Sm4sh was rushed so it shouldn't be a surprise.
>>
>>320976994
Crazy Orders is fun as fuck.
Also, the stickers complaint is moot when you could only really use it in a couple of modes and equipment can be used everywhere.

I agree with the other points though

>>320977874
That's literally four events on hard mode unless you're awful.
>>
>>320962815
Smash Run on 3DS is so much better than this shit.
>>
>if you Game Over once, you drop a difficulty level and lose some prizes

I might feel inclined to play Smash Tour, or either of the Orders, or sit through 50 PLUS playthroughs of tedious and boring single player, but THIS SHIT ruined the entire fucking game.
>>
I miss the simple days of Smash 64.
>>
>Wii U Smash will never get the 3DS's actually-sensible Classic mode
>Wii U Smash will never get the 3DS's Smash Run mode
>the two superior modes are restricted to the fucking handheld version

why the literal fuck did Classic mode get replaced with that awful shit that's almost always 3+ person fights, or often 5~, what the hell happened to single enemy classic with only the occasional special matchup?
>>
File: 1413783811124.jpg (21 KB, 286x296) Image search: [Google]
1413783811124.jpg
21 KB, 286x296
>>320978391
>"Oh, you lost on 9.0 because of my Input Reading AI or unfair Item RNG? TOO BAD, YOU GET DIFFICULTY DROP WITH NO WAY TO BRING IT BACK UP."
Fuck Sakurai's KI:U bias.
>>
>>320978718
THAT. That single fucking fact right there.

That is some B-Team game design. I've seen it out of Nintendo a lot lately, from teams that should know better, and frankly, it makes me angrier than I've ever been in my entire life.

Getting hit in midair in MK8 and no goddamn arenas for Battle Mode, the absolute garbage that is amiibo Festival and MP10, Woolly World not even remotely being designed for co-op play yet holding it as a feature,
Fuck Nintendo.

And Sakurai is really showing his lack of enthusiasm. He should not be involved in future games.
>>
>>320965728
so make the ai do moves that open itself up to your attacks.

woah

minds were blown
>>
>>320979212
>Getting hit in midair in MK8
What's the issue with this?
>>
>>320979212
>And Sakurai is really showing his lack of enthusiasm. He should not be involved in future games.
He's literally trying to kill Smash because he's always hated what the fans turned it into.
>>
>only one stock
>items on
>enemy gets good item luck ONCE and your run is fucked

Proof that Sakurai can't design games like he used to.
>>
>>320979424
That's basically 2 hits. Not to mention fall-time and trolling potential.

>>320979432
Eh, maybe his involvement in it. If I'm going to believe any conspiracy theory, it's that he knowingly slapped bad stuff in the game, left his trademarks all over it, in hopes that he wouldn't get called back for the next one. But I doubt that, too.
>>
>>320979863
It's 2 stock
>>
>>320980682
>with anywhere from 3-30 input reading opponents, and a final boss with OHIO moves and 6 forms, the last of which is vague as fuck
>>
>>320980864
>and also an advertisement for the actual good mode on the inferior hardware
>>
>>320980864
It's 2 stock though
>>
>>320981596
>WOAH THAT GUY JUST GOT A ONE STOCK COMEBACK
>SO HYPE DESTRUUUUUUUUUUUUCTION
>>
>>320981810
still 2 stock
>>
>>320970578
>implying it isn't an excuse for not being able to develop it
>>
>>320981596
Which, as >>320981810 alluded to, can then be cheesed.

Even then, the Challenges require you to 1 Stock it, which, for the reasons we've already covered, is highly unreasonable. And no amount of Git Gud gets around the unfairness of a randomly - spawned bomb (why the FUCK did they change from 64's sound signaling method?!) or an OHKO attack.
>>
>>320962815
Good idea, but too luck based. Ending up with one character and your friend having 8 isn't a lot of fun.
>>
File: 1448071596725.jpg (62 KB, 600x601) Image search: [Google]
1448071596725.jpg
62 KB, 600x601
>>320963941
Smash is a fucking party game retard. Always has been
>>
why do assist trophies auto-activate? It's annoying
>>
>>320962815
This is actually really fun if you have friends to play with
>>
>>320982493
I've not had trouble with nor can see drastic advantage from that, but I can sympathize having dealt with MK8's Boomerangs and Piranha Plants.
Thread replies: 170
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.