[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ace Attorney
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: ace_attorney6_-announce.jpg (336 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ace_attorney6_-announce.jpg
336 KB, 1280x720
When is the best time to play Rise from the Ashes? I got the trilogy for 3DS. Do I play it when it comes in the story, or do I play it when it was released, after the other two games?

Also, what's the best way to play Apollo Justice, if at all? I got the Trilogy, Dual Destinies, and Layton vs on 3DS. It seemed odd to me that 1-3, 5 and the spin off are on 3DS but 4 isn't

Final question, when do I play Layton vs. Where does it fall in the timeline, even if it's not canon?
>>
I think you can get Apollo Justice for DS and play it in your 3DS
>>
>>320955605
You should play Rise from the Ashes when you're done with AA1.

>>320955830

It's not cannon so it doesn't really matter.
>>
>>320956031
>aj ain't canon
Huh?
>>
>>320956031
Isn't Apollo in Dual Destinies?

And what about Investigations?
>>
Either is fine. Honestly it's the best case in the series. I'd play it at the end of AA1 though.

Play 4 between 3 and 5. AJ is pretty cheap on Amazon. Some things from AJ are referenced in 5 and the Investigations games.

Would recommend saving Layton vs Wright for after all the other games. Apollo Justice, Dual Destinies, and Investigations 1/2 are all written by the new guy who's not quite as good as Takumi, but LvW is Takumi, and having Phoenix and Maya together again after all those games feels like a really nice relief.

Also play Ghost Trick if you haven't since it's Takumi's best game.
>>
>>320956264
Thanks!

I just beat the DL-6 case in the first game. I'm really loving the series. The only thing I've had to look up so far is needing to show the old man my badge
>>
>>320956174
>>320956217
I meant Layton vs. isn't cannon.
>>
>>320956840
Oh. Where WOULD it fit in the timeline
>>
>>320956545
Yeah, if all else fails show people your badge
>>
>>320956031
Apollo Justice is 100% canon. Professor Layton crossover is the one that's not canon.
>>
>>320955605
That case takes fucking forever. 3 days, 2 trials each, and a long-ass investigation each day. I just wanted it to end by the end of day 2
>>
>>320960935
Fuck. Investigations are the weakest part in my opinion.

Is Investigations: Miles Edgeworth exactly what it sounds like?
>>
>>320961276
>Is Investigations: Miles Edgeworth exactly what it sounds like?
It's Miles Edgeworth and his gang of meddling friends solving mysteries. It's a pretty divisive game, some people love it but most people on here seem to hate it.

The sequel improves on almost every aspect of it and most people here seem to consider it one of the best games in the series - and you really do need to play the first one to play the sequel, since it takes place almost directly after the first game.
>>
>>320961581
Isn't it only out in Japan?

Is it like the Mother 3 of visual novels?
>>
>>320961945
It got a fan-translation patch and it's very easy to emulate.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.