[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
All memeing aside What went wrong? The last mgs ever went out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 249
Thread images: 33
File: image.jpg (173 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
173 KB, 1280x720
All memeing aside

What went wrong?
The last mgs ever went out with a whimper
>>
>empty overworld
>Big Boss is a coward
>we never find out what happened to Liquid
>microtransactions
>shitty mobile structure
>we don't even play as Big Boss
>forgettable online mode
>terrible villain, alpha as fuck in GZ, a meme character in TPP
>we didn't need more Big Boss storylines anyway
>it got 10/10s despite being unfinished, boring, repetitive etc
>Huey is literally worse than Hitler
>the Cobra unit is nanomachines 2.0
>Ocelot is boring
>shitty boss fights

Anything else /v/?
>>
I blame Konami.
>>
It wasn't finished, for starters. If I had to "fix" it I'd just finish all the plot missions and spread all the 30-something missions we already have on the three acts and add back Ground Zeroes.
>>
>>320954774
>The moment you realize Kojima planned it to be Prologue: Ground Zeroes, Act 1: Awakening, Act 2: Revenge, Act 3: Race.
>>
I blame Konami and Kojima.

Konami are jews while Kojima wanted to make a super fucking huge game. Or that's how i take it.

Konami are bigger cunts here though, can't believe they even went out of their way to forbid Kojima from getting that award, like, why would you even do that, there's no benefit to that.
>>
>>320953121

I played 32 hours, did all side ops and am currently on mission 15.

>Side missions are all the same.
>Objectives are all the same.
>very few story missions actually are "main missions" instead of side ops.
>no story worth mentioning
>only 2 different locations

Why the fuck would I force myself through almost 40 hours of more?

People tell you to try different approaches when the optimal way is to scout everything for skilled soldiers tranq and snatch them.

IT'S GETTING KIND OF REPETETIVE. FFS.
>>
>>320954580
this anon gets it.
>>
>>320954580
BIg Boss and Huey being cowards I can accept as being part of the original plan. If you actually were Big Boss, you could just make the "fall" stop making sense by going non-lethal or even if you didn't, it was "you" doing it so you'd always reason it as Big Boss Didu Nuffin. Having his big asshole moment being something done TO you is just about the only thing that can sell him as a villain.

All I could see improving it is elaborating upon it and maybe playing as Ishmael when you revisit the hospital but again, that just comes down to letting the game finish its dev cycle properly.
>>
>>320953121

Konami's lust for revenge made them cut funding.
>>
>>320954580
Yes you do, watch Episode 51 in youtube.

You can't judge anything from the little shit we knew from GZ.

>Huey is literally worse than Hitler
That's good.

>>320955076
Dude, MGS2 happened in a boat and a oil plant smaller than Camp Omega.
>>
File: gif.jpg (7 KB, 300x204) Image search: [Google]
gif.jpg
7 KB, 300x204
>>320955714
EPISODE 51 WASN'T THE GAME DOOD!

IT WAS CUT!
>>
>>320955076
i think people mean the only real fun to be had comes from trying the same side ops different ways

the controls are almost perfect too bad they just forgot to make the rest of it
>>
>>320953121
Because it's unfinished, and you already know it.
Why did you make this thread.
>>
File: 1449096721657.png (523 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1449096721657.png
523 KB, 960x540
>one mission
>unfinished!!!!

I wish this meme would die. The game is unfinished because we haven't triggered the final event yet. But they keep adding more and more content to the game post launch so it feels silly to complain about one single mission and get all butthurt
>>
File: why.jpg (35 KB, 522x330) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
35 KB, 522x330
>>320955823
>game gives you plenty of options to approach different scenarios

>that means it sucks!
>>
>>320956165
The problem is that mission, and because we didn't even get to build Outer Heaven.
The ending just makes a random skip to Outer Heaven in 1995 out of nowhere and the game suddenly ends.
What happened with Kaz?
What happened with Ocelot?

And we will see about the Nuclear Dissarmament.
It's obvious the numbers are controlled by Konami, and that they are moving console nuke count up and down while they lower PC's 500 a day until it catches up.
>>
>>320955714
>Dude, MGS2 happened in a boat and a oil plant smaller than Camp Omega.

truth, but it had so much more diverse gameplay, from the bosses to objectives.
>>
>>320955823
>i think people mean the only real fun to be had comes from trying the same side ops different ways
They made a big point about the game offering you freedom to do as you wish.
Hell, they released a video of how to complete A Hero's Way in 5 different ways.
>>
>>320953121

Making you replay those old missions again on harder difficulties.
>>
>>320956451
>diverse gameplay
Nigga, it was always run to the next cutscene.
You had things like the swim sections which was awful and the sniper sequence, but nothing more.
The bosses were better, even though two of them were a fucking pain in the ass in European Extreme.

>>320956536
Those are optional though.
>>
>>320956386
wow It's like you haven't ever played any other game in the series
>>
No epic bosses
One metal gear fight
Children steal your metal gear and make you look like a bitch.
>>
The voice acting was amazing
>"boss, follow the interrogator to the prisoner location, then rescue the prisoner"
>tranq the guy instead
>"boss! What are you doing?! The prisoner will be killed if the interrogator doesn't show up!
>extract him
>Miller gives me a frustrated long ass sigh.
>"boss... "
Episode 36 was amazing too. Thought it wouldn't get to me, but the first floor was filled almost entirely of waifu soldiers.
>>
>>320956616
I have, none of them explain when or why Ocelot or Kaz left Diamond Dogs.
>>
>>320956603

>Those are optional though

Not if you have OCD
>>
>MGS fighting game never
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAPIFPq92gg
>>
>>320956724
>One metal gear fight
Just like every MGS except Peace Walker, then?

>Children steal your metal gear and make you look like a bitch.
Aided by probably the most overpowered character of the entire franchise.
>>
>BOSS YOUR BRINGING HIM TOO

YES KAZ FOR THE 1000TH TIME I AM BRINGING THEM ALONG NOW FUCK OFF!
>>
>>320954695
I blame both Konami and Kojima.
>>
>>320954580
>Anything else /v/?
Lack of codec calls.
The game felt so dead, you can't meaningfully interact with anyone, cassette tapes are mostly just one sided. I'd like to be on the field and be able to bring up a codec menu to interact with the cast from time to time and know what they feel about me going on a nigglet punching rampage.
Even Rising had fucking codec calls and that is the only Metal Gear that didn't need it, it actually works against it when you are so caught up in the action that you skip the codecs entirely because of all that hype going on
>>
People point out that the mission objective variety was extremely repetitive, and they're right, but I don't think it would be nearly as much of an issue if the level design itself was more varied and more demanding.

The most interesting parts of MGSV are when the game stops being afraid to restrict the player.

>>320956603
>Nigga, it was always run to the next cut scene
Yes, and along with gradually getting new equipment and exploring new parts of the Plant it creates a constant sense of progression. Besides, the level design was much more thoughtful in MGS2. The swim sections are really short, too. I'm not a fan of them but they're far less irritating than the entirety of MGS3 after Volgin (save for the fight against the Boss).
>>
>>320956269
Reading comprehension. He wasn't bitching, he was saying that the best way to entertain yourself with the game is to try different methods of completing objectives, instead of running in, scouting, snatching, completing.

The guy he was responding to clearly didn't experiment.
>>
>>320956861
MGS2 had you fighting 25 Rays, and it was still more fun to play than the Sahelantropus fight
>>
>>320956603
>Nigga, it was always run to the next cutscene.
>You had things like the swim sections which was awful and the sniper sequence, but nothing more.

I loved the swim section because of how easy it was I had fears of this shit because people hype it up too much. If you can swim in Mario 64 / Banjo Kazooie you can ace this shit easily.

Sniping section was great

Also that freeze spraying bombs to disarm them is great because I rarely run into bathrooms in games and check all around me, made you intake the enviroment alot more.

Also that hitman esque disguising thing was a nice change of the usual hiding
>>
>>320956724
The skulls were good enough as bosses

>in b4 no they stink cuz there's no edgier than my soul backstory to them!!!!!

Face it, most of these people hate the game because they can't adapt to the sort of free roam gameplay it brings, and end up shitting it with the same play style over and over again while completely ignoring the Online component because they can't stand to lose the resources they supposedly also don't give a shit about either.
>>
>>320957012
So fucking what, you want to fight 25 Sahelanthropuses?
Also, the fight was easy as fuck, just move from left to right and shoot them once in the leg, once in the mouth.
>>
>>320955043
Yeah, send that retard on vacation as a reward for wasting 80m. Kojima can't write for shit, he's a hack and I can't wait for his next "game" to turn out to be absolute crap.
>>
>>320953121
You people are fucking lunatics. MGSV was the best MGS game in the series by miles. Who gives a shit that the ending was bad? There was a ton of content there, and all of it was insanely fun to play. You're letting a disappointing 45 minutes undo 50+ amazing hours of fun.
>>
>>320956386
Kaz feels betrayed by bb and leaves salty as fuck, while agreeing with ocelot that each of them will help one of his sons, to make them better than him.
>>
>>320957192
>wasting 80 million
MGSV made 170 million in 24 hours.
You think any Triple A company cares about anything but money?
>>
>>320957192
>I care about writing in a video game

and then there's this faggot
>>
>>320957192
Yeah, and now Kojima is going with Sony, which will probably end up buying his studio, while Konami is going to limp in this industry with their dead soccer franchise.
>>
>>320957276
I don't think you understand that many people do not find those "50+ hours' amazing or fun.
>>
File: 1450711230813.png (156 KB, 330x319) Image search: [Google]
1450711230813.png
156 KB, 330x319
>people still unironically defending cut content
>>
I think kojima is using the whole konami debacle as a crutch. The game was surprisingly bland for a metal gear game and a few parts were unplayable/watchable. Sure they probably pressured him into getting the game out sooner than he wanted but that doesn't make up for the overall total emptyness of the game. Open world was a huge mistake for a metal gear game.
>>
>>320957509
okay but most people do lol
>>
>mfw i'm at 326 hours
>mfw I completed several other game playthroughs
>mfw I keep coming back
>been playing MGSV since launch
>just storming FOBs and fucking around in the open world finding S rankers
Help me.
>>
>>320957509
It's the best action-stealth gameplay ever created. The people who didn't enjoy it were evidently only playing for the story and shouldn't have been playing a video game in the first place.
>>
>>320957802
>b-bbut muh trailers!
>>
Menu/waiting for helicopter shit simulator 2015
>>
>>320954580
I think that pissed me off the most. Some kids hijack a helicopter and another steals a FUCKING METAL GEAR and it's just waved off and forgotten for some stupid reason
>>
>>320957887
What are you even talking about?
>>
>>320957802

Splinter cell chaos theory had better Stealth gameplay fight me
>>
It was a cock tease of a game. They game plus was very fun but repetitive as fuck. All the real villians were killed randomly in a cut scene. One of the main villians is a kid...
>>
File: 1.jpg (54 KB, 512x381) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
54 KB, 512x381
>>320957963
in my opinion it is the MGSV that has better gameplay!
>>
>>320957802
>It's the best action-stealth gameplay ever created
Have you missed all the people saying they do not feel that way? You're more than welcome to, but other people don't.
>The people who didn't enjoy it were evidently
Your ass isn't for talking out of, Anon. I'm sure there are people that this applies to, but it clearly doesn't apply to everyone.
>>
>>320957953
pic related
>>
>Fob shit

Leave the game for a week, come back and find my FOB's been raided like a zillion times and most my staff are kidknapped or dead and Konami popups trying to jew me for Insurance.

Fucking wut
>>
>>320958098
Now you have a reason to keep playing to go get some more
>>
File: 1448033088820.jpg (52 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1448033088820.jpg
52 KB, 640x640
>>320958053
THEN YOU ARE LOST!
>>
>>320958098
>make FOBs to 4/4
>set all guards to lethal
>give them all shotguns or sniper rifles
>develop the two beam sensors
Nobody will ever invade you.
>>
Please buy motherbase coins, konami could use some help guys.
>>
>>320958004
>All the real villians were killed randomly in a cut scene
There was only Skullface, and you pull the trigger.

>One of the main villians is a kid...
So?
>>
>>320958058
>Have you missed all the people saying they do not feel that way?

Well, the thing is that they're wrong. And even if they weren't, the gameplay is undeniably leagues and leagues beyond any previous MGS game, so anyone disappointed with it only could have been disappointed on a story front. Which brings be back to my previous point: You shouldn't be playing a fucking video game.
>>
>>320958369
>Well, the thing is that they're wrong. And even if they weren't, the gameplay is undeniably leagues and leagues beyond any previous MGS game
Yeah, uh huh. Okay baby.
>>
File: 1450445513683.png (13 KB, 744x615) Image search: [Google]
1450445513683.png
13 KB, 744x615
I enjoyed the game alot, in fact im still playing FOB for hours a day. Everything about it was awesome, the only complaints i have are the shitty handeling while riding D horse(constant stopping, jumping when no needed) and replaying missions in chapter 2. Other than that its a goty game.
>>
>>320956737
Kaz chimping out after BB told them to let Huey go was beautiful.

Robin deserved more recognition.
>>
>>320958495
I played through the whole series over the summer. Nothing you can say is gonna shake how sure I am of this. MGS has been fucking garbage in terms of gameplay all the way through MGS4. I'm still kind of in disbelief at how good MGSV managed to be.
>>
>>320957276
Maybe an empty world with repetitive gameplay is fun for you, but for other people its not.
>>
150 side ops of

>Go recuse these
>Go fulton these
>Go destroy these

WEW LAD
>>
>>320958910
AND THEY WERE ALL FUN. IT'S AMAZING.
>>
>>320958560
I just hated the build up to the twist.

It was obvious, but the mission itself came out of nowhere and didn't leave as much of a hard impact compared to Paz.
>>
>>320953121
>The last mgs ever went out with a whimper
That's exactly what went wrong. Kojima was trying so hard to create his own GTAV but he kind of failed and ruined his own game by trying so hard.
>>
>>320958804
I don't care how certain you are of your own opinions. I don't care about your disbelief. I'm merely stating that the idea that people disappointed or less-than-fond-of MGSV only cared about the story is hilarious and clearly false. Get over it that not everyone feels the same way.
>>
>>320958369
I think you're confusing controls with gameplay. Controls are great and fluid, but gameplay is "go here, don't get spotted, kill this guy" and you don't even have to listen and storm the base and fulton the guy instead. The controls and amount of options you are so good... it makes the gameplay way too easy.
>>
>>320959036
Are you still seriously arguing with this guy? He's just being a memer
>>
>>320959027
At least Kojima didn't try so hard to make the game a parody of modern society.
Yes, Facebook is shit and teenagers are lazy fucks who play CoD, we get it Rockstar.
>>
>>320958910
Even GZ had more variety. kek.
>>
>>320958356
Also the man on fire and the kid technically wins.
>>
>>320954580

i know

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxgH4I_6d0Q
>>
>>320959125
When did the word ''meme'' become ''everything I don't agree with''?

>>320959217
The kid gets completely BTFO by Venom, it's just Episode 51 was cut.
See
>>320959234
>>
>>320955714
>go and watch on youtube

JUST... I MEAN... COME... FUCKING... ON!
>>
>>320959297
cry harder
>>
>>320959280
You're the one saying that your opinion is fact, and whoever disagrees with it is outright wrong.
>>
>>320954580
pretty much this

>big bad villain was actually just a sunday morning cartoon villian

MUAH HA HA I'M GOING TO GET MY REVENGE ON THAT PESKY 'BIG BOSS' AND GET RID OF THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE MUAH HA HA
>>
>>320954580
There was ANY boss fights? o_0

Wait... We count a fucking 1 vs 1 with a kid as a fight?

Or that fight with that busty bitch that will be our "waifu" or w/e u call it for a rest of the game?

I recall onyl one "Boss fight" in this game and it was with Metal Gear.

>WE DID NOT FIGHT WITH SKULL FACE.

This pisses me off so much too.
>>
Unfinished. I'm okay with everything else to be honest
>>
>>320959478
skull face fight was cut, like half of the game
>>
>>320959280
Except that is a youtube and not actually in the game. The game ends with Liquid totally making us look like a bitch. I would have loved to play thay Lord of the Flies chapter though.
>>
>>320959539
why the fuck would there need to be a skullface fight?
>>
>>320954580
>a meme character in TPP
kill yourself
>>
>no fist fight
Worst crime MGSV committed.
>>
>>320959478
>o_0
Fuck off you cancerous redditor.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (90 KB, 1486x833) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
90 KB, 1486x833
>>320959558
>tfw you'll never play as Big Boss on the bike and the real game starts
>>
Kojima went full retard with his pretentious post-modernism to the point it actually affected the game surrounding it.
>>
>>320959660
Why the fuck wouldn't there be a final fight with the main villain? Ask yourself this.
>>
>>320959558
>The game ends with Liquid totally making us look like a bitch
So what?
It's a fucking game, why do you care so much about
>b-b-but this kid made me look bad ;__;
>>
>>320953121
>The last mgs ever went out with a whimper

>Non-stop shilling of the game for several months straight
>whimper

The game itself sucked apparently, that's why. I haven't gotten around to firing up the old pirate bay for it though, so I can't attest to it.
>>
>people can steal your shit while you're not playing

>no reason to free roam in mother base except morale

>chapter 2 sucks

>all this gun variety
>but you don't actually use them because you always want to extract that S+ soldier instead of killing him

>dump hundreds of thousands of GMP into Quiet
>she leaves permanently

>have a pet called D-Dog
>it's clearly a wolf
>>
>>320959356
I will cry at your funeral bitch.

>Yes you do, watch Episode 51 in youtube.

We litteraly can be that fucking idiotic.
We are playing games on Youtube or our hardware?
Oh I get it... you are from that generation of Minecraft and shit.

Curse upon you faggot. Go and watch all new tittles along with a blonde idiot that calls you bro.

Something that you will never have in real life.
>>
>>320959887
Kojima said it was to make you understand that revenge doesn't feel satisfying.
>>
>>320959887
nice meme logic

Skullface is just a guy
>>
>>320959887
Because le phantom payne.
>>
File: 20987342.jpg (554 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
20987342.jpg
554 KB, 1280x720
How do you want your content senpai?
>>
>>320959972
>>but you don't actually use them because you always want to extract that S+ soldier instead of killing him

So you don't use guns at all because you want to extract one guy? Most of your staff come through volunteers anyway
>>
>>320960049
He's not fucking Zero, he's a boots-on-the-ground spy/soldier.
>>
File: 1447761812850.jpg (235 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1447761812850.jpg
235 KB, 1024x1024
>>320959773
Sorry Anon. That was a mistake I made and im ashamed because of it.
>>
>>320960091
JUST
CUT_
MY
SHIT
UP
>>
>>320960160
but he's still just a guy.
>>
>QUIET DIED WITHOUT HAVING SEX WITH VENOM

SHIT GAME
>>
>>320960091
just cut my shit up
>>
File: 1420836761048.jpg (58 KB, 492x480) Image search: [Google]
1420836761048.jpg
58 KB, 492x480
MGSV being unfinished was bullshit, but these fucking threads are always cancerous as fuck and full of people that write like they came straight from 9gag.

Look at this shit
>>320959558
>>320959478
>>320956724
>>
>>320960140
Excepting the forced combat sections, I've played through the entire game using only the tranq pistol.
>>
>>320959972
>but you don't actually use them because you always want to extract that S+ soldier instead of killing him

I found that kneecapping them would get them in a critical state where you could fulton them, it was useful when killing nigs
>>
Can't even shoot the AA guns at motherbase.
>>
>>320960234
So is Big Boss himself. So is Liquid. What's your point?
>>
>>320960234
hes a guy with parasites and soldier training
>>
>>320960297
right so you're a tranq shitter
>>
>>320960234
What the fuck are you saying?
>>
>>320959906
I am supposed to be playing as the biggest bad ass ever. Yet some British kid steals my fucking metal gear and I just go right back to extracting sheep...wtf man.
>>
>>320960385
you're just butthurt because the game didn't turn out how you expected
>>
File: Z1.png (113 KB, 360x269) Image search: [Google]
Z1.png
113 KB, 360x269
>>320959887
This!

HOW the fuck you do not want to fight with a main villain of the ceritan game?

At least they should us a QTE battle on this fucking jeep ride or something.

>MEH, CUTSCENE, YOU FUFILED YOUR REVENGE
>IT GIVES U NOTHING

And ppl are asking why this story is bad...
>>
>>320960395
Because he's being aided by the most overpowered character in this fucking franchise.
That has always been the point of MGS, it's about a soldier fighting supernatural shit.
>>
File: well memed.png (508 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
well memed.png
508 KB, 1000x1000
>>320960381
Yes
>>
>>320960469
not only did it not turn out how i expected, it came out as total shit
>>
>>320960471
>!
>he thinks a QTE would feel good
>ppl
>...
You can just feel how this fuck has 9gag and Reddit opened in the same window.
>>
File: 1431220673306.jpg (17 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1431220673306.jpg
17 KB, 480x270
>>320960283
Then teach us senpai how the real anon should write.
>>
>>320960469
I expected the game to be good, so yeah you're right
>>
>>320960469
But I really liked the game and thought it was well worth the money even with the cut content. I just think a boss fight with the big bad guy would have been nice.
>>
>>320960471
I forgot Christmas break was going on. Must be why we're seeing all these children.
>>
>>320960471
You do fight him though.

The scene where you take him out is one of the best in the franchise.

That you're genuinely upset the game doesn't use predictable mechanics is a little funny
>>
>>320960014
Just say Pewdiepie, 'blonde idiot that calls you bro' makes you sound like some kinda autist.
>>
>>320960381
I don't know what you mean by this, because going lethal/cqc is still just as boring
>>
>>320960589
Without being an obnoxious shit and using le epic emoticons for starters.
>>
>>320957936
>So this is Raven territory...
>>
>>320960582
not enough cutscenes or corridors for you?
>>
>>320960471
>this fucking post
Why do I feel like you are 12 or younger?
>>
>>320960678
nah it's pretty fun to mix it up actually.
>>
File: beastofnonation-large.jpg (33 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
beastofnonation-large.jpg
33 KB, 720x405
You didn't get to fuck the kids up like in Beasts Of No Nation
>>
>>320960584
>Missing the point
>Saw QTE
>TRIGGERED OGMGOMFOMGOF REDDITITIDTREFDI 9FAG

What the fuck is wrong with this whole meme "he came from reddit" or "he came from 9fag"?

I do not know what the fuck 1st site is and I do not remember when I was browsing 9gag.

You dont have other offenses /v/?

Thats all you have?

>reditfag
Anon from /v/ section 2015.

Insecure idiots...
>>
>>320960471
Exactly, that's the point, even if you get your revenge, you get nothing back, all what you lost what made you want revenge will NOT come back.
>>
>>320960916
Yup, you are a Redditor, thanks for confirming it.
Leave, or keep lurking for a year at least.
>>
>>320960916
Go back to Reddit and stay there you autistic fuck.
>>
>>320960916
BACK TO REDDIT AND 9FAG OR EBAUMSWORLD FAGGOT GO AWAY
>>
>>320960929
So what is the point of fighting then?
>>
>>320960929
>but I wanted a mission where we play as solid snake and infiltrate Outer Haven. The story sucks because it makes me think :(
>>
>>320960754
not enough repetitive side ops, for one. I wanted at least 750 of them, only got 150.
>>
>>320960916
saved, thanks reddit cuck
>>
File: 1399135880155.jpg (106 KB, 734x571) Image search: [Google]
1399135880155.jpg
106 KB, 734x571
>Game spends half the cutscenes talking about Battle Gear
>It fucks off completely as soon as it's done
>Half the game is about rescuing kids
>They steal a metal gear and fuck off forever
>BB gets a cool leather jacket and a motorcycle
>You can't ride the motorcycle
This entire fucking game is blueballs
>>
>>320960916
Oh and ofc I forgot another offense on /v/

>12 years old
Why the fuck it always have to be 12. Is this a meme? Or somebody is samefagin as f over here.
>>
>>320960480
So overpowered that everyone on base was just like, nah let him go with that repaired metal gear, no big deal, hey put a balloon on a tank now.
>>
>>320961120
Unlike the other corridor simulators, most of the sideops are totally optional. Also

>There's nothing to do in free roam
>Except for all the side ops :(
>>
>>320961048
Because the point is showing you that wanting revenge is normal, but that even if you get your revenge that won't fix anything.
If someone kills your mother, and you kill the murderer, your mother will still be dead.
>>
>>320959426
Skull face isn't that bad. His motivations are pretty clear, he is driven by vengeance against Zero. On the context of who Skull Face is it makes sense that he goes for what he did.

SF isn't the problem of MGS V, but Venom not interacting with anything an be barely an extension of the players by not interacting with almost not one single characters is far more damaging to the game, also the pointless twist at the end.

Shit there are cassette tapes that are incredible to hear, sad that they were never made into cutscenes. The only part of the story that feel kinda completed were the Quiet and Paz's story lines.
>>
>>320961130
Biggest offense is not playing as big boss. Kojima wanted to thank us for playing his games, but he shat on the story while doing so.
>>
>>320961367
>Biggest offense is not playing as big boss
No, it's not, fucking everyone could see that Venom wasn't Big Boss since the 2013 GDC trailer.
>>
File: 1450201118721.png (57 KB, 298x298) Image search: [Google]
1450201118721.png
57 KB, 298x298
>>320961002
>>320961017
>>320961021
>>320961124

Samefag. Altho glad I triggered somebody over here.
>>
File: 1417241437078.jpg (76 KB, 307x394) Image search: [Google]
1417241437078.jpg
76 KB, 307x394
Things it did right:
>Huey and Paz storylines
>Gameplay

Things it Did Wrong:

>Open world
>Side Ops
>95 percent of the story
>No memorable new characters
>Only one boss, not counting Liquid who's pretty fun
>100 percent completion involves setting down cages and grinding (who the fuck at Kojima Productions thought this was fun?)
>Completely missing parts of the game
>Main villain was trash
>Story missions don't really matter all that much for the story, just another excuse to capture some guy

I think the only decently-designed mission areas that weren't just little towns were OKB Zero and the oil Refinery in Africa; maybe that one mission where you rescue the kids, because it's expressly used for that mission.

Also where the FUCK were the indoor missions?
>>
I hope you are going to support Kojipro.
http://kojimaproductions-store.jp/en/
>>
Can't deny the start of MGSV is pretty based, waking up in that hospital bed with David Bowie playing and rebuilding DDogs slowly.
>>
>>320961367
>Biggest offense is not playing as big boss.

lol who cares haha.

It's not so much insulting that the majority of these threads are shitting on a great game, it's that these people expect their shitty opinion to be taken with utmost reverence. No your ideas would not have made the game any better, stop crying
>>
>>320961474
>3 of the posts were posted in a span of 20 seconds
>samefag
Jesus fucking christ, you don't even know how this website works, just fucking leave.
>>
>>320961504
I want the shirt with just the logo desu
>>
File: bradpitt.jpg (150 KB, 1200x823) Image search: [Google]
bradpitt.jpg
150 KB, 1200x823
>>320961504

WHAT'S IN THE BOX
>>
>>320961217
Thank god they're optional. Don't know what I would have done if I had to do the same shit over and over again to progress the story. Probably would've thrown my TV out the window. Every game has some form of repetition, but man did MGSV take it to another level, optional or not.
>>
File: th9ECO236R.jpg (11 KB, 204x300) Image search: [Google]
th9ECO236R.jpg
11 KB, 204x300
>>320961485
and yet it's still the best MGS game to date
>>
>>320961130

>you were supposed to be able to play with battle gear in afganistan and africa but then they realized that there was fuck all to fight against with battlegear beside walker gears and normal tanks that battle gear would give no fucks against, so tehy scrapped it.

now if only the made something like

>snake is sahelantrupuss, don't worry snake, DIMOND DOGS, DEPLOY THE BATTLE GEAR FOR THE BOSS!
>>
File: 1427826411077.png (68 KB, 437x500) Image search: [Google]
1427826411077.png
68 KB, 437x500
>>320959972
>have a pet called D-Dog
>it's clearly a wolf
You motherfucker...
>>
>>320961474
wow you got me bro nice one, back to reddit
>>
File: 1445766115508.jpg (188 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1445766115508.jpg
188 KB, 600x450
>>320961567
Still triggerin ppl.
>>
>>320959426
>Sunday
Saturday morning. Sunday is for Disney to fill you head with action figure commercials.
>>
>>320961616
MGS5, the real edition
>>
File: 1431695104982.jpg (96 KB, 600x490) Image search: [Google]
1431695104982.jpg
96 KB, 600x490
>>320961504
>dedicated to all Homo Lewdness
>>
>>320961348
What bothered me most of all is you have hundreds of tapes that gave a lot of backstory to what was happening in the game. They even made it so you could pop them on and drive to your objective rather than sitting still in a cutscene.

But the issue is that they're so fucking separated from the the actual process of playing the game. Nearly all of the tapes are characters who only exist in cutscenes talking to other characters who only exist in cutscenes. Because there was a such a disconnect between the two, it felt like reading a book based on the game while playing the game itself.
>>
Why didn't Quiet just suck out the venom?
>>
>>320961616
Everything that was in the picture.
>>
>>320961523
>It's not so much insulting that the majority of these threads are shitting on a great game
>great game

Clearly they don't think it is. But does it really cause you that much ass pain?
>>
File: 1450439275652.jpg (296 KB, 800x1600) Image search: [Google]
1450439275652.jpg
296 KB, 800x1600
>>320961823
Because he was brainwashed to be as autistic as Big Boss.
>>
File: DSC_0304.jpg (3 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0304.jpg
3 MB, 3840x2160
Phantom Pain had the best gameplay of any metal gear hands down, but it did leave me with an empty feeling a Phantom Pain you could say because the game didn't feel complete.

All in all I thought it was a wonderful final entry to the series even with all of the loose ends still not wrapped up.

MGS1 > MGS2 > MGSV> MGS3 > Peace Walker > Ground Zeroes > MGS: Ghost Babel > MG2 > MG1 > VR Missions > MGS4 > MGS The Twin Snakes > The Document Of MGS2 > Portable Ops > AC!D 2 >AC!D 1 > Digital Graphic Novel > Portable Ops Plus > Snakes Revenge > MGS4 Touch
>>
>>320960318
Didn't have a side op using the AA guns to take out enemy heli's or strike missions where you use the gunship as a gunship and take out enemies while friendlies run for it.
>>
>>320961447
>No, it's not, fucking everyone could see that Venom wasn't Big Boss since the 2013 GDC trailer
This is one of the few reasons I beleive there is a ruse. That shit was so obvious and every ducking jap knew about it too since the trailer was revealed
>>
>>320961897
That's nice
>>
>>320962115
No, the ruse was that people thought this was a game about Big Boss becoming a demon, and is instead about losing everything and how revenge, in the end, won't fix anything.
>>
File: 1450475702345.jpg (500 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
1450475702345.jpg
500 KB, 1080x1080
MGO for PC when?
>>
>>320962113
You can do several missions by helicopter by selecting the target zone as your landing zone before starting the mission.
>>
>>320962284
yeah! He didn't even consort with satan once.

What was up with that bullshit?
>>
>>320962294
Mid-January.
The MGO twitter said a couple of days ago that they were almost ready.
>>
>>320962023

You've got pretty good taste, friend. I haven't played a few of the lower-end games on that list, but I'd put MGS3 and 4 higher.
>>
>>320962023
GZ is part of TPP though.
You can even see the part where you were supposed to play the Camp Omega mission.
>>
>>320962312
Not what meant. Like GZ where you are flying all over while Hideo is flooring it.
>>
>>320962553
That's bullshit. GZ from inception was designed to be separate from TPP. It was even potentially going to be a PSP exclusive at one point
>>
>>320962667
The fuck are you talking about, you can even find remnants of Venom's model in GZ's files.
That part after rescuing Kaz where he says ''Yeah, I remember it all'' and suddenly a pointless flashback of GZ appears?
That's when you were supposed to play GZ.
>>
>>320961995
That's not true. Venom never showed any autistic excitement for cardboard boxes or weird food, and he was good with women.
>>
>>320962812
Yeah, for people who didn't play GZ. Or for people who did long ago
>>
>>320962634
The missions are like that, kinda. I can't think of any ones with friendlies but if you select the target soon you'll do a slow sweep and you can attack by helicopter. If you do it right, you can stay on the helicopter the whole mission instead of having to exit and go on foot like if you'd selected a different landing point.

You can also do the slow swoop, attack whatever target you're attacking, drop off and aggressively finish the mission, then extract by whatever means you want. There is a ton of mission variety in a vast majority of the missions in Phantom Pain.
>>
>>320963004
But the remnant files show that this game was part of The Phantom Pain.
Hell, Diamond Dogs, the second episode of the game, has remnant files about Camp Omega, they probably made that tutorial an entire level to fill up the void that GZ left.
Hell, when it was revealed that GZ and TPP were the same thing, Kojima did say that they were both one game.
It was Konami the one that came in and said that they were separate things.
GZ was supposed to be a PSP game, yes, but that was scrapped soon in development.
>>
File: 1442953303799.jpg (22 KB, 228x221) Image search: [Google]
1442953303799.jpg
22 KB, 228x221
>>320959789
>Truth
>gets to this scene
>chapter 3 begins as the real BB
>>
>>320953121
>all memeing aside
>posts what went wrong meme
>>
>>320961485
Vast majority of story missions as you say had fuck all to do with the plot, it was just blow this up/catch this guy then at the end a mother base cuts end would play
Having an open world game mixed with episodic style chapter missions also seems like a big contradiction
>>
>>320962023
I completely agree with this power ranking.
>>
>>320962023
>le Peace Walker is better than 4 meme
>>
>>320962446
I enjoyed 3 a lot, I appreciate it's James bond esque story and game play, if anything I would consider it maybe being a bit better than V, but I would never consider it being better than MGS2 and 1.

But for MGS4, it sometimes hurts me to say this but I honestly felt like it was just pure fan service. The game didn't end right and just felt wrong to me. I felt like the game could have ended much better and don't get me wrong I liked it especially act 4, but like I said it felt just to fanservice like. The bosses were meh, end of act 3 is where I felt the game picked up but everything leading up to that point was decent but nothing really memorable. That's my collection in the picture and don't get me wrong I love metal gear more than the average Joe but if they could re do a game in the series, my opinion would be for them to scrap 4 and re imagine the ending.

>>320962553
I see what you mean, but if you go from TPP to GZ the controls are much more clunky as well as the AI being sometimes way over the top in terms of being able to sneak around.
Example being if you dive in GZ Boss will just either stand back up or go into his crouch walk instead of just laying down like venom does in TPP
>>
>>320964673
Peace Walker is better than 4. 4 had no gameplay
>>
>>320964673
I fucked your dad
>>
>>320965296
Guards in PW are completely fucking blind, there are barely any of them in the first place, bosses are shit, awful level design which makes it impossible to get caught.

MGS4 may have made you angry because of muh Big Boss but it has several hours of decent sneaking gameplay and at least three or four good bossfights. The actual game isn't any shorter than previous iterations, it just has a greater cutscene to gameplay ratio.
>>
jesus christ, the MGS fanbase is so damn difficult to please. I dont post often but whatever. First, lets accept that MGS is a flawed franchise.

>But MGS1 was perfect on every single level. The music, atmosphere, characters, and everything. Except the gameplay that was clunky and slow but its still perfect

So no, it isnt perfect. If you argue against this, you might need to take off the nostalgia goggles. A great game should first and foremost have great gameplay. Nevertheless, It was a fun game. Then we get to MGS2 and MGS3 which had improved gamplay and still pretty damn good but the plot was beginning to unravel.Finally we get MGS4. The game that was made almost entirely for fan service, and people still bitched.

>too many cutscenes.

A legitimate problem with the game so Kojima goes on to make MGSV with less cutscenes and more gameplay.

My question is what was everyone expecting? It is a flawed game yet a very fun game (sorry if you did not think it was fun). Minimal story but fun gameplay. There are a variety of problems with the game but we all knew it going into it that cutscenes were going to be extremely low based off MGS4 complaints. My main problem with the game is lack of indoor gameplay but I just dont get this fanbase.
>>
>>320965750
several minutes maybe
>>
>>320966256
You are literally memeing.
>>
>>320966383
No, I'm literally describing the game.

4 is the worst of the franchise, and PW has much more gameplay

>>320966131
Zelda cycle
>>
>>320966605
Quality over quantity, I've described why PW is shit whereas all you've said is LOL MINUTES LONG which is factually untrue.
>>
>>320966131
MGSV is the only game I've felt the need to bitch at, if not for the blatant false advertising on Kojima's part.

>return to Camp Omega
>the missing link
>will explain Big Boss's downfall
>>
>>320953121
>>320954580

would've been a great game but it all of its content was obviously cut. looks no different from the trailer in 2013.

biggest disappointment was mother base where there's quite literally nothing to do there.

>can't deploy and fight alongside your soldiers as you raid a base
>can't even have a soldier as your buddy
>no co-op infiltration
>can't see your soldiers getting trained by ocelot and you can fuck shit up
>can't visit the kitchen and watch your soldiers have a good time and get drunk
>can't visit soldier living quarters and see your men relax and do their own thing
>can't see your soldiers labor in other areas like transporting boxes, constructing the base, or modifying vehicles apart from droning around base doing nothing
>can't visit kaz's office and see piles of paperwork scattered all over the room
>can't sneak into ocelot's quarters and find secret tapes from patriots
>can't go into your own quarters and take a nap to get some sort of buff
>no sauna where you can relax with your own men and visit women's quarters and get your ass kicked
>>
>>320966935
I will agree that is bullshit as well but with the whole "Kojima vs Konami" I knew shit like this might happen. Maybe to make more MGS games perhaps?
>>
>>320966882
you've described your opinion on why you think it's shit
>>
>>320961175

What would have you done?
>>
File: brat.jpg (70 KB, 766x522) Image search: [Google]
brat.jpg
70 KB, 766x522
>>320966131
I honestly never even bitched about the story. It was obvious after MGS3 that the story was wandering off to a wrong path.
The gameplay is good and all I guess, which is admittedly where most of my enjoyment from the game came from, but even that is terribly flawed.

MGS fanbase is impossible to please, because the series itself is flawed and so are its fanbase. The fanbase is full of drooling fucking retards.
>>
>>320967198
>Guards can't see you at the same distances that they can see you in other games, including 4
>Very few guards per area
>Can Fulton people the fuck away with no consequence, don't have to deal with bodies, actively punished for wanting to ghost through an area by stunted equipment development
>Bosses are just big bullet sponges and are all basically the same fight Cocoon was decent MAYBE
Which part of this is defensible?
>>
>>320953121
80 million dollars on a incomplete game that could've been finished if Kojima didn't go with a boring open world of empty nothingness. Seriously there was no reason not to just do a mission based system like GZ or a normal game. Open world did no justice at all to the game
>>
>>320967810
it's a mobile game. Still has better gameplay than 4
>>
>>320954580
>>empty overworld
True, though it was never meant to be traversed like in GTA
>>Big Boss is a coward
No, he really isn't. Plan was put in motion by Zero while he was in coma and just had to go with it becaus Cipher was knocking on the door.
>>we never find out what happened to Liquid
He survived
>>microtransactions
Nothing actually important is behind a paywall and you get MB coins up the wazoo by just logging in to the servers
>>shitty mobile structure
You mean the iDroid app? It's such a gimmick yeah
>>we don't even play as Big Boss
a bloo fucking bloo
>>forgettable online mode
Events all day err day, new stuff being patched in
>>terrible villain, alpha as fuck in GZ, a meme character in TPP
He was a pretty fucking awesome puppetmaster. There are more than one type of villains in the textbook
>>we didn't need more Big Boss storylines anyway
debatable, I for one wanted to see more 70-80's proper mercenary shit
>>it got 10/10s despite being unfinished, boring, repetitive etc
who reads reviews in this day and age?
>>Huey is literally worse than Hitler
Yes, as he should be.
>>the Cobra unit is nanomachines 2.0
it's a recurring thing in the series, there isn't really no "paranormal" characters aside from Sorrow and Mantis.
>>Ocelot is boring
As he should be
>>shitty boss fights
Debatable, Quiet Exit got me pumped
>>
>>320967918
It being a mobile game doesn't justify any of those things. And no it doesn't. Because of, you know, those things.
>>
>>320968158
sure it does. Also, guards in MGS have always been blind and what's wrong with fultoning?

The bosses were cool because hitting them at different parts caused different things to happen.
>>
>>320968359
>what's wrong with fultoning?
I literally gave TWO reasons for Fultoning being bad when I mentioned it.
>The bosses were cool because hitting them at different parts caused different things to happen
Cool, you could do that with fucking GUARDS in MGS2 but yeah, sure, how amazing. The best way of beating them was to shoot at the highest damage points but oh well lol.
>guards in MGS have always been blind
In the sense that they can't see as well as real people? Sure. But they were never close to as bad as they are in PW.
>>
>>320968814
The base management metagame made it worth it
>>
>>320968939
No it didn't. Grabbing everyone you see and gradually weeding out the shitters didn't require any thought, it was an entirely passive and yet tedious process.
>>
>>320969179
>weeding out the shit
it was literally a chore.
>>
Most fun i had was going with riot shield and rubber bullet SMG. And maybe stealth camo + CQC but i did that because i had to (that mission where you need to retrieve an object full of armored guys bullets don't do shit against). Was still fun but pretty easy, since CQC doesn't remove invisibility.
>>
>>320954580
Pretty much this but i still like it
>>
>>320954580

It wouldn't be so bad if he was that type of a guy who has a lot of connection and influence but physically sucks dick.

But the game says he was cleaning up during Snake Eater and nobody ever found out he was there, so he is pretty good at snakean, probably better than Big Boss. He also has those bullshit parasites that make him buff and what not so natural you'd expect a boss fight instead of game doing your revenge for you.
>>
>>320959687
Whooo in the right mind would believe that skullface isn't a meme character
>>
GZ is a much more fleshed out game compared to TPP, it felt like a chunk of the true MGSV game we never quite got

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-HcAvQ3p7w

Kojima really dropped the ball, making a game that continued to follow the real Big Boss would've been the better choice and would've tied the gap between PW and MGS1 nicely, and MG 1 and 2 can go fuck themselves
>>
>>320958964
writing in all caps doesn't make you right f'am
>>
>>320953121
>The last mgs ever
But it isn't though.
>>
File: i played mgs5.jpg (33 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
i played mgs5.jpg
33 KB, 600x399
it didn't go out with a whimper, for 2 months there was nothing but shit posting like this: >>320954580

it's december, it came out in september, no one talks about it anymore because we did everything already.
>>
I really don't need base building in mgs games

I'm sure people enjoyed it but I found it tedious

Open world was a mistake. I know people will say it was "unfinished" but even chapter one dragged on (which I assume was more finished than chapter 2)

>mgs fans are never happy
I've loved all the mgs games, it's my favorite series. This is the only time I was legitimately let down.
>>
>>320972541
I meant more of the game it self not the hype/sales surrounding the game
>>
>>320972657
it's not like they're going to add dlc and a lot of us played mgo for a couple months, what else do you want?

you can always check the metal gear general in /vg/
>>
>>320971114
this desu, it just pains me everytime i think how much of a better game it could of been if it was just only about real BB.
>>
>>320969179
Maybe dont grab everybody

What is the analyzer lol. Also there is an auto sort too
>>
File: 1449228477352.jpg (1003 KB, 4500x4334) Image search: [Google]
1449228477352.jpg
1003 KB, 4500x4334
>>320972856
>still no mgo on pc
>>
>>320972560
I'm not necessarily against the concept of open-world games, but making the game open-world was a dumb decision. All the real benefits of an open-world environment were nullified or rendered inapplicable due to this or that.
Exploration? Lamo, give me a fucking break. Experimenting? Unless you're severely autistic you really won't be giving two shits about that, mostly thanks to the poorly-designed areas. Pathfinding and finding more ways to get in and do the job? You either avoid getting seen due to the AI being conveniently retarded or you get spotted from a kilometer away due to the AI conveniently possessing aimbot, or simply due to poorly-designed areas again; and that's the end of the point.

What's the fucking point of it all? That's like drinking orange juice without the whole ''orange'' part.
>>
>>320974038
>I have no imagination
>>
>>320968091

>an open world isn't meant to be traversed
so why fucking have it in the first place dumbass
>big boss isn't a coward
i agree
>liquid surfifed
agree
>microtransaction apologist
gay
>a bloo bloo
i wouldn't care if we played as someone important besides BB, we play a literal who who has absolutely zero bearing on the universe
>actually liking the online
MGO 3 is shit, FOB invasions are retarded and the same shit every time. fucking INSURANCE on your materials costs real money
>skullface apologist
you're fucking gay, there's no reason for him to not have a boss fight or for him to appear like 3 times in phantom pain.
>ocelot being boring is acceptable
what the fuck am i reading? ocelot in TPP is nothing like he is in any other game.

>implying a quiet exit is a boss fight
>>
>>320973640
>>320953121
Does MGO PC even have a real release date yet?
>>
>>320974328
I have a plenty of imagination. What are you trying to say?
Shit, on my later replays of missions, I'd actually roll with sneaking suit and CQC only, especially not utilizing any of the tranq or stun guns, and without using my buddies outside of one or two fetch quests where I used DD (well I'm a shameless faggot, sue me). Just for the sake of le epic challenge.
>>
>boring, repetitive mission structures composed of the same three or four objectives over and over
>one of the worst open worlds ever with barely any worthwhile exploration
>so much location recycling it's disgusting
>Mother Base is dead, may as well make it a menu like PW
>expected to grind GMP, herbs and extract soldiers for optimal playthroughs. Why the fuck am I doing MMO things in MGS
>characters are two-dimensional and boring except for Kaz. Ocelot is suddenly the calm voice of reason, what the fuck?
>cut content like Battle Gear and Mission 51
>meh storyline and an awful villain
>cassette tapes are not a good way to convey story in MGS
>barely any boss battles which is a huge fucking mistake in MGS of all series
>got 10s and 9s because of a Konami review bootcamp

It astounds me how this is supposed to be GOTY or even a great entry to MGS. By far the weakest one in the series.
>>
>>320957276
Spotting brainless retards is easy these days.
>>
>>320974748
early next year or jan
i want to find a reason to touch tpp, i can't just can't be bothered doing the same things after finishing mission 31
Thread replies: 249
Thread images: 33

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.