[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Twisted metal thread.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: Twisted_Metal_2.jpg (90 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Twisted_Metal_2.jpg
90 KB, 500x500
Twisted metal thread.
>>
See you on page 10.
>>
>>320942698
should've just remade 1 and 2 and mash them into one game with fully destructible environments.

fuck that insane asylum shit
fuck that only 3 player characters shit
fuck that vehicles are now soulless empty shells because no designated drivers shit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b_-Rgq6nrU
>>
>>320942851
>>320942901
When the middle market died it took this game with it.

Really is a shame.
>>
File: 1427561914126.gif (714 KB, 600x525) Image search: [Google]
1427561914126.gif
714 KB, 600x525
>>320942698
i wish i could get the first 3 to emulate properly
>>
>>320942698
>>320942851
Goodbye childhood. I really gotta get off 4chan
>>
>>320943007
>tfw I was thinking about getting a phat ps3 just to play these again
>>
>>320942698
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1nnHbF7CrM
>>
Only ever played Black. Thought Vigilante 8 was better. Maybe I just got onto the Twisted Metal train too late since it basically spawned the car combat genre on consoles.
>>
>tfw the ps3 one would have been perfect with a balance and network patch
>>
>>320943981
>Only ever played Black
The first 3 are easily the best.
>>
>>320944782
>with proper controls

shame art design and music of that game were awesome. shitty Sony servers and psn hack murdered twisted metal.
>>
>tfw no decent car combat games on PC
>>
>>320945798
Interstate '76.
>>
File: CANTWAKEUP.jpg (22 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
CANTWAKEUP.jpg
22 KB, 480x360
>car combat genre is dead
>biggest name killed off by poor handling
>no successor in sight

I don't want no shitty racing game either unless it's an optional side mode
>>
File: latest.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>320942698
God tier games. There was so much hidden stuff in the stages of the series.
Warthog's my personal favorite.
>>
>>320946782
Outlaw here.

Mr Grimm if I wanted hard mode.
>>
Brimstone is probably my favorite in Black because of his hilarious special. Outside of Black, I'm quite fond of Grasshopper.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm5ejBk_RPc
Series literally made me unable to listen to Rob Zombie without getting depressed as fuck anymore.

What the hell happened, man. How do you fuck a series like this up?
>>
>not too small not too big environments
>hidden rooms, secrets, weapons
> secret inputs to gain advantage over your opponent

the old ones did everything right.
>>
>>320942698
i always liked the idea of the nigger with monster truck wheels for hands, he should come back
>>
>>320948160
>not too small not too big environments

This is one of my biggest problems with Black and TM2013, maps are way, way too big
>>
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xdpyys_olivia-munn-david-jaffe-train-wreck_videogames
>>
Hold all pedals,UP,DOWN,LEFT,RIGHT,RIGHT,LEFT,DOWN,UP
>>
>>320942901

The 90's and 80's were too radical. None of this shit would fly with modern society's need for political correctness.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.