[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do i git gud?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
How do i git gud?
>>
>>320925050
pracis
>>
>>320925050
Play more
>>
uninstall...no just play more
>>
>>320925835
>>320925373
What are your strategies though. I played for the first time today with a friend and I was getting bodied even playing safe.
>>
>>320926334
I usually play center. It's generally ineffective to just drive full speed at the ball all the time, it doesn't usually get you anywhere. Wait for an opening and go for it. Also, play the tutorials if you haven't.
>>
>>320925050
Learn how the ball is reacting to walls and people. Use boosts for arials and small boosts, use the front/backflips and barrelrolls for positioning and speed. (Frontflipping goes WAY faster than boosting)
Just learn to hit the fucking ball, it will make your life so much easier.
>>
>>320926482
Yeah, I have to use those jumps. Also, my landing was all fucked up, i went for awkward balls without considering how that would fuck me up positionally.
>>
I'm gold 1-3 in all 4 leagues, literally just wait til the opponent fucks up and then capitalize (this only works until g1-g2).

Also practive doing saves from balls that come from the corner, otherwise its just play more, not really any tricks.
>>
Does anyone watch the competitive scene? What are the main things they do that are 'next level' so to speak?
>>
>>320925050
>dont go to where the ball is, go where its going to be
>learn how to determine if youre guaranteed to hit the ball before your opponent. if they're closer to it, let them hit it and just prepare to defend.
>otherwise if they get to it first its going to sail over your head and youre useless until you get your ass turned around back on defense
>goalie is 75% luck
>go for aerials after the first bounce if youre new to them
>play a lot of All Star training
>>
>>320925050
Like how you get good at everything. Learning the mechanics and lots of repetition.
>>
>>320927105

>goalie is 75% luck

heh
>>
>>320926334
Quick anon's guide to playing rocket league 3v3.

>OFFENSE

As Front:
>Frontman's job is to make small jumps, and maintain ball control.
>Your main goal is to try to knock it in through the corner, or force the opponent into making a mistake on defense.
>When the middle sets up, you're the go to guy to score
>Your position is the least strategic, but takes the most technical skill. You want to be able to juke people, and make accurate shots

As Mid:
>Mid's goal is to set up shots.
>Centering and ball control is the name of the game.
>You want to make sure that someone else, or worst case scenario, you, can take a shot
>Feel free to try and boost into the goalie when you outnumber him on that side of the field.
>You normally want to take shots after a failed shot by your front.
>You also want to help control the turbo's in the coner of the field.

As Back:
>Normally the back guy was the goalie at the start. If the ball goes over the opponent's side of the field, you shouldn't be in goal anymore.
>Stay behind your teammates, preferable around midfield.
>Grab the midfield turbos when you have time to spare.
>Make sure you have full turbo at all times
>Your goal is to stop the ball from going to your side of the field when possible.
>the ball is near the half point line, and the opponent is about to hit it, just go back on defense
>this position takes the least technical skill, but the most strategic: Too aggressive and you'll get scored on. Not aggressive enough and you won't score points often. Change the amount of aggression based on how ahead/behind you are, and the time on the clock
>ONLY SHOOT HIGH PERCENTAGE SHOTS

DEFENCE
>Goalie should be whoever was back during offense, or closest to the goal at kickoff. If there's still a discrepency, give it to the guy with the most turbo
>Hit the ball into the corner pockets. This makes it hard for them to score, and sets up good clears.
>Whatever you do, don't fucking hit it across the goal.
>>
Stay in the middle or near your goal and wait for the other team to go all in then enjoy boosting across the entire map with the ball and nothing that can get in your way
>>
If you're playing with a friend here's a super secret pro strat that's going to win you a few dozen games
>one guy pushes the ball to the corner so that it rolls to the enemy goal from the side
>other guy waits in the middle and casually pushes it in
Don't tell your friends
>>
>>320927209

see as nice as this is it doesnt make sense, anyone who is good at rocket league know that there isnt necessarily set roles (yes you can have a goalie if you want) but everyone should know how to rotate, hit the ball up and out of boost? rotate back to net, goalie goes up etc. there are no set roles like this at high level (again only exception is you can have 1 more defensive player)
>>
>>320926334
>I played for the first time today
nigga just play more
there's no secret, the more you play the better you get
play for at least 50-60 hours for starters to get out of the scrub zone
>>
>>320925050
Play some matches against the computer on a difficulty higher than easy, this will force you to get good at the fundamentals. From then on, you can just practice.
>>
>>320927209
Continued:

>When goalie leaves the goal, nearest player rotates
>When ahead, and time is low, don't be afraid to have two goalies
>Control the turbos. You'll need them to capitalize on good clears.
>Goale shouldn't stand still. Move a little to lower the chances of getting blown up

TRANSITION
>Grab the turbos. If you can, just boost down the line and take 2-3 of them.
>This is the best time to blow someone up. Powerplays (Situations where you outnumber the opponent) are boss
>This is the only time you should try a wall shot, and only if you know you can do it. The rest of the time, that's low percentage ricer bullshit
>Numbers wins games. If you got two guys in the box, and a guy at mid-field, against one goale, don't be afraid to bring in that midfielder before the other two defenders on their team get back.

General rules:
>Don't sit in goal when the ball isn't on your side of the field
>Grab the turbos at all times
>Only go for the ball if you're certain you'll hit it
>Don't waste fuel trying to kill someone
>Avoid trying to do trickshots
>Whenever someone leaves their position, the closest person must rotate. Otherwise, stay in your position. This is more important on offense than defense.
>>
>>320927270
This isn't high level. This is a basic guide on how not to be a shitter. You're normally doing one of those three things at all times, sometimes more. Once you're good, you don't need this kind of shit, obviously. It's training wheels.
>>
>>320927670

but its bad training wheels, it doesnt make sense to play set positions even in bronze/silver unless you are a dedicated goalie.
>>
>>320927736
>dedicated goalie
no.
no no no nononononnono

fuck OFF with that
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VQ_3sBZEm0
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.