[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BLOODBORNE 1.0.9 PATCH NOTES
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 21
File: Bloodborne.jpg (301 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne.jpg
301 KB, 1200x675
Changes to weapons:

The strength and stamina cost for several weapons has been adjusted.

Changes to Insight Shop:
In order to trade for the Blood Stone Chunk, the necessary amount of Insight has been changed from 30 to 20.

Trading for the Blood Rock is now possible. 60 pieces of Insight are required.
A certain portion of the main game must been cleared in order to access the above.

Several other fixes and adjustments have been made.

Weapon adjustments are currently unknown but will most likely be found out in the next couple of days.

Sources: http://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Patch+Notes
http://www.jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

Thoughts?
>>
>>320923407
>60 fucking insight for a blood rock
You waste less time just farming rocks on chalices
>>
I just hope the patch has fixed this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXuq7aY2mmY
>>
>>320923407
>Trading for the Blood Rock is now possible. 60 pieces of Insight are required.

Thank fuck now I don't have to ever touch the chalice dungeons ever again.
>>
>>320923407
>Not making upgrades dirt cheap in the final stretches of the games life
Come the fuck on
>>
>>320923407
>trading for blood rock
BLOOD ROCK! FUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCK
>>
>>320923772
Are you stupid? Kill shitters in the nightmare of mensis as vileblood. 2 insight per kill. Takes maybe 1 hour to farm up 2 blood rocks.
>>
>>320923962
The game hasn't even been out for a year. It's far from ded
>>
>>320924157
This is the last time that so many people are going to be playing, stop being naive. Game lost a shitload of steam up until the dlc release here. Its only losing players at this point because people are done with it.

No real reason to make upgrade materials a pain in the ass to get when people just want to dick around before they are done.
>>
>>320923407
I hope the Rakuyo gets a slight nerf. Right now it's just way too easy to use.
Pizza cutter damage should also be reduced by like 5%.
I hope they buffed boom hammers fire bonus tho.
>>
>>320923407
>In order to trade for the Blood Stone Chunk, the necessary amount of Insight has been changed from 30 to 20.

Fucking FINALLY. Now I actually have a reason to pick up insight over the course of the game.
>>
>>320924265
60 insight are not a hassle though. You should easily get 2 or even 3 blood rocks out of the game by just playing through it normally.
>>
File: 1450530824461.gif (2 MB, 380x238) Image search: [Google]
1450530824461.gif
2 MB, 380x238
>>320924383
>pic related is 60 insight
You've been missing out
>>
I'm doing a str/arcane build with the Hunters Axe as my primary and the Rifle and Flame Sprayer/Rosmarius as my side arm, what should my secondary weapon besides the axe be? Boom Hammer?
>>
>>320924383
>not having fun with all the insight shop items
>>
>>320923407
>Blood rock can be bought
This game is a little less retarded now. Well, its time to go full gunsword niga now
>>
still no fix for killing shockwaves from behind, no buy.
>>
What is doll for?
>>
>>320924605
Any str weapon you want.
>>
>>320924561
You are missing the point, It shouldn't take you almost an entire playthrough to get ONE extra blood rock. The price is fucking ridiculous, it would be faster to just make a new character and burn through the game. Something damn near everyone is tired of doing.

Seriously, whats the point of it being expensive still? The upgrade distribution of the game has always been shitty, glad to see they aren't addressing it in any meaningful ways.
>>
>>320924694
Tender embraces.
>>
>>320924640
>This game is a little less retarded now

I don't play BB. Why is this change such a big deal?

Were these Blood Rock items (which I presume are necessary items) rare items in the game?

Was it not possible to farm them before this patch?
>>
>>320924605
The axe is not strength.
It is quality.
>>
>>320924762
Its the item to get a weapon to +10. Making it usable.

There was only one really in the game per playthrough and now two with the dlc.

Otherwise you had to farm god awful chalice dungeons which are just the worst content in the game.
>>
>>320924731
Again. Getting 60 isn't a hassle.
>>
>>320924731

>Seriously, whats the point of it being expensive still?

Padding. It's part of that whole dated RPG mentality that Miyazaki and other great developers cling onto to make you play this game longer, even if the cost is more frustration on the part of the consumer. For them, this kind of shit is "rewarding."
>>
>>320924694
Filling with semen
>>
>>320924762
>Was it not possible to farm them before this patch?
It was but some people can't bear the dungeons.
>>
>>320924762
You get 1 from the main game, 1 from the DLC. For more you had to farm shitty chalice dungeons with atrocious drop rates.
>>
>>320924762
Its not that big of a change, it just lets you buy another +10 upgrade if you don't spend insight for a long fucking time.

The base game had 1 blood rock total in the game outside of chalice dungeons, DLC added another. This change makes it where if you waste your time grinding up a currency used for other things, instead of making a new character you might be able to upgrade another weapon,

People will call this a good change.
>>
If they nerf the pizza cutter I'm done with life.
>>
>>320923407
Chunks should be maybe 10 insight at most.
Getting 20-30 insight per chunk is just ridiculous, especially when you need 16 of the fucking things to upgrade to +9
>>
>>320924836
So it's basically the equivalent of Titanite Slabs? And you can only get two per game without grinding? Damn. That blows. How much time does it take to gather the souls necessary to buy Blood Rocks with his new patch?
>>
>>320924864
Weapon upgrades really need to be gone.
Why punish people for trying out different things.

Scaling should take care of which weapons you should be able to use.

Also fuck farming for stats why do japs like shit like that so much?
>>
>>320923863
This makes me sick. Orphan of kos was the most satisfying victory in the game for me.
>>
>>320924838
You're right its not. Its just arbitrary, I enjoy using insight on the papers, and other consumables. Along with upgrade materials when I feel like dicking around with other weapons.
>1 insight for shards
>2 insight for twin shards
>20 fucking insight for chunks
>60 FUCKING INSIGHT FOR ROCKS
See the problem here?
>>
>>320924969
Why not just get them from Upper Cathedral wolves?
>>
>>320925003
Still a while.
But you can do it in many ways now. since you get insight for beating bosses, helping people beat bosses or even invade and kill people.

So you can do whatever you like most.
>>
>>320924969
You get an assload of chunks from the game though. If you get all you can +9 almost 4 weapons.
>>
>>320924965
>If they nerf an incredibly broken weapon im done!
I get it, I like fun too. But c'mon now.
>>320925073
>Low as shit drop rate even with Eye runes and veggie-head from enemies that are flat out assholes.
>>
>>320925038
5 and 10 or 5 and 15 would seem reasonable.
>>
>>320925115
I guess not everyone has high Arcane.
>>
>>320925003
It costs insight which functions like humanity, but without hollowing. You get about 200 of it in total per playthrough and you can quickly get more from killing shitters.
>>
>>320925169
Still takes ages even with 50 arcane.
Don't talk shit here. I actually farmed all my weapons to +10 on every build and arcane wasn't faster especially considering how many weapons arcane can use.
>>
>>320925038
>1 insight for shards
>2 insight for twin shards
>20 fucking insight for chunks
>60 FUCKING INSIGHT FOR ROCKS

It should be 1, 2, 5 and 10. Lessening the Insight requirements would not in any way ruin the game's balancing. The game doesn't become less balanced by me having lots of fully upgraded weapons.

>>320925004
>Also fuck farming for stats why do japs like shit like that so much?
That's not a Japanese things. That's an RPG thing. RPG fags LOVE farming and grinding.
>>
>final patches for the game
>still no fucking respec item added

idiots
>>
>>320925323
>Final patch of the game
>Doesn't address the major flaws of the game
>Upgrade materials are still a pain in the ass if you want to upgrade multiple weapons
>Vials are still costly until you hit Mensis for pig-runs(saying this for new players honestly)
>Weapon badges don't carry across all characters so you still have to use the same 5 weapons for the start of the game until you get your build weapon 70% through the game
>No respec
>>
>>320925323
This. About the only thing das2 did right.
>>
>>320925323
>>320925462
>>320925478

>actually thinking respec would be a good idea

Thank god you faggots don't ever get anywhere close to designing a real game.
>>
>>320923863
Is that even a priority worth wasting anybody's time patching? If you got 50-something Arcane or whatever the fuck is necessary to use Call then you're probably powerful enough to kill that thing just by trading hits with Orphan.

And if you're somewhere maxed out at 255 defense or whatever the soft cap is and still dying to the thing then what the fuck are you doing playing the game at all if you have to resort to cheesing it.

Don't get me wrong, I cheesed some fuckers on my way too although not using an outright exploit but who really gives a fuck if some useless shitters get past this thing using god forbid an item. I've helped people fight Orphan and if you're all ridiculously aggressive you can punch the thing to death with no effort.
>>
>>320925527
Why would it be a bad idea? Summoning ranges are absolutely gigantic in this game so you'd still get activity if people could respec.

I sure do love having to make a new character to grind through the chalice dungeons for the milionth time cause thats where the gems are.
>>
>>320925323
respecs dont belong in games outside of mmorpgs
>>
>>320925527
>Man it sure is great that I have to replay through the entire game because I wanted to try something new
>>
>>320925527
>actually thinking respec is a bad idea
>>
>>320925527
Some of us don't want to fucking grind through the beginning parts of the goddamn game a billion times just to try different builds.

And for a series that promotes adaptation and learning from your mistakes, I think realizing your current choice in weapon is dogshit and wanting to switch to a different other spec'd weapon seems like a very reasonable avenue to let players explore.
>>
Welp, I guess that settles it then. I'm also getting the PC version of Dark Souls 3.

FROM Software's hard-on for grinding has been a thing in all four Souls games. With this pattern in mind, it won't go away in Dark Souls 3. There will be ridiculous grinding in Dark Souls 3 as well. I'm sure of it.

I've wasted too much time in my life grinding for rare upgrade items in Demon's Souls, Dark Souls 1, Dark Souls 2 and Bloodborne. I previously didn't agree to using Mega Mule for these games, but I think it's time for a change of heart.
>>
>>320925608
well guess what, DS3 is going to have it
based Miyazaki, huh?
>>
>>320925674
Fuck man you fags are the reasons covenants are worthless and the characters feel all the same.
>>320925607
>respec to fix blood gems
Absolutely retarded right here.

Bloodbornefags are the worst.
>>
>>320924570
>still believing insight is impactful on the game
>>
>>320925578

You talk as if fixing this problem will cost FROM a ton of time and money. It's a simple AI fix so that people can't trivialize this great boss. Hell, fixing this might not even require a big patch. A simple hotfix would do the job.
>>
>>320925813
>Respecs ruin covenants
Fucking what?
>Fix blood gems
Yeah, it would. I wouldn't have to go through 5 different chalices, the same chalices mind you on each and every character to get to a point where they drop the highest level gems on each character.

Do you even play this game?
>>
>>320925038
I don't think you understand the crazy amounts of insight you as accumulate over the course of the game. The only thing that causes a problem is insight maxing at 99
>>
>>320925323
Respecing is kind of ridiculous
>>
>>320923407
>1.0.9
>0.9
>>
Is arcane + str better or should i pick arcane + skl?
I want to cast magic and i would love to try out the beast claws but also i never tried out any of the skill weapons!
>>
>>320925952
I'm completely aware. I've played through the game at least 8 times. I almost always burn through the insight upgrading some secondary weapon or by buying consumables.

The problem lies with how you need 16 of each type to upgrade a weapon. That's an absolutely insane amount of insight. Once again I see no reason why it needs to be this high in the final heydays of Bloodborne. Let people have fun with the game.
>>
>>320924605
Amygdala's arm if you have the dlc
>>
>>320925884
Yes chalice farming is the worst but you don't fix it with a fucking respec option.
It would make the early game dead.

Also I like different builds having different challenges.
An arcane build plays different early. I like replaying the game and I don't want to just always go quality because it is the optimum solution early.

It would give you too much control over the world and it wouldn't gel with the themes of bloodborne.
>>
>>320925813
>covenants are worthless
Of course they're fucking worthless. Mechanically one will be superior and everyone's going to use it. Covenants are just a parallel mechanic with weapons except weapons have a overwhelming share in the impact on how you play the game that it makes everything else moot. The single player aspect of souls games lack the depth of other games where specializations matter - the game is about getting fucking through it.

Just because it's not fucking called a covenant or guild or whatever stupid club you want to name it there ARE player groupings in this game; it's called fucking Fashion Souls. THAT is the real covenant system in the game.
>>
>>320923772
pretty much a free blood rock since I usually have 60+ insight and all the madman's knowledge I pick up by the end of NG
>>
File: 1316107049611.gif (469 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
1316107049611.gif
469 KB, 300x225
>>320925851Not him, but I was just doing a run in Hemwick after Amelia and it was pretty spooky with those black living-dead things. Hope they start making an area more difficult when you skip it/choose another one.
>>
>>320923407
>made a skill-based character just to use the Rakuyo properly
>may end up getting nerfed
I'm scared.
>>
>>320925851
Insight is one of the most disappointing things about BB
There's only a handful of things that are effected by it, and it's nothing major at all.
>Oh, that one enemy type got some eyes on their lantern
>Oh, that one thing on the chapel is visible, but it's also always visible after a certain point in the game so what's the point?
>And your frenzy resistance is going doooooooooooooown. There's only like 3 places in the game you're likely to get afflicted with frenzy, though, so you can just carry 99 of that shit for most of the game.
They could have at least made it increase item drop rate, or actually make it so carrying more insight made the game more difficult, or fucking something rather than fucking nothing
>>
>>320924340
>pizza cutter damage should be buff by about 50%
FTFY
>>
>>320926186
>You don't fix it with a respec option
Except you fucking do, because then while you are grinding up your 27% you still have the chalice options for where the other gems drop instead of having to grind up materials for each chalice over and over again.

Having to make an ARC character go through the Isz chalice, which I never had a reason to on another character was just obnoxious considering I already had it opened up on my first guy I got my plat on.
>Too much control over the world
It wasn't a problem in 2, its not a problem here.

Basically what it comes down to is you going Elitist autism mode over other people wanting more options for their characters.
>>
>>320924694
Hugging all night
>>
>>320926186
>I don't want to do it, so nobody should be able to do it

kill yourself.
>>
>>320923407
They are probably going to nerf whirligig saw into uselessness.
BRAVO FROM
>>
>>320926342
You still have to farm them once which is fucking boring and shit even the first time.
so it is still a problem

make them fixed stats for each kind for every gem level and then you don't need to add a retarded gamebreaking respec option like the fucking shit game designer you are.

Those are different issues you fucking cunt.
>>
File: 1450669386520.png (85 KB, 500x284) Image search: [Google]
1450669386520.png
85 KB, 500x284
>>320926308
>"or actually make it so carrying more insight made the game more difficult"
>during release week EVERYONE was saying that higher Insight made the game more difficult
>I maxed out my Insight to make the game as hard as possible
>it didn't happen

It would have been real nice if it did though.
>>
>>320926431
Yes.

I also don't want a "I can't do this boss just kill him for me option"

I also don't want a cash shop or memes in the game

I understand that some people like that shit but that is not an argument to throw every shit into the game.
>>
>>320926439
Sadly they did not.
>>
It's actually ridiculous that a respec option or face-changing option isn't available after all this time.

It's just a bunch of damn sliders and numbers. I can code something to change numbers within existing infrastructure with no effort. The actual hard part would be implementing the system within the game environment itself but once you got that it's just a matter of taking the player back to the damn character creation screen.
>>
>>320926150
It is fun though because once you actually beat the game the only things left to do to actually have fun with it is to go and do stuff for upgrades and/or go just go through new game pluses to get them.

Keeping a regular levelled bukld, theres really only 4 weapons you're going to be using effectively and to get them to all to +9 with 3 of them to +10 is of no consequence of time if you've truly played the game enough and know what you're doing
>>
>>320926449
>Have to grind through the chalices
>On top of this you have to grind for the gems
Which is why a respec would be great, I farmed up a million fucking gems for other builds while trying to get good ARC gems for the hentai weapon.
>Instead of allowing character options just make all the gems work for everything!!!!!!
>Respecs are gamebreaking
You are a fucking retard though, that much is true. Dumbest post I've read all year. Congratulations!
>>
>>320926517
The only thing made more difficult by having more insight was trying to get the blood rock, so it was somewhat true.
>>
>>320926517
I remember getting attacked by a bunch of witches in the forrest.
It made it harder although not by much.
>>
>>320923407
>The strength and stamina cost for several weapons has been adjusted.
>adjusted
This shit needs to end across the board, forever. Adjusted HOW? More stamina? Less? Fuck anyone who thought this was okay to do.
>>
>>320926519
kill yourself.
>>
The real question is why the hell our vials and bullets don't refill when you murder a boss in co-op or when you stop at a lantern.

I don't want to reload a bunch of shit just to stock up on something I have 620 of.
>>
>>320926342
Dark souls 2 respecing was absolutely shit though. It completely destroyed the leveling processes to the point where none of it mattered
>>
>>320926594
>make the gems work for everything

Didn't say that you fucking idiot.
Just don't make them random

EVERY Level 1 Tempering should have the same bonus
Every Level 7 nourishing should have the same bonus
You can still have the random dropchance and everything

The difference I am talking about here is the difference between Monster Hunter Armor and Monster Hunter Charms.

Make it an actual choice and not grinding for random generated shit.

Don't add respec and don't add a cash shop just because some lazy modern gamer cunts would like that.

It would ruin the game.
THEMATICALLY
>>
>>320926517

There are loads of changes to the enemies when you have, I don't know, 30 ? or more insight.
New and more powerful attacks, new and different enemies spawn and their looks change.
>>
>>320926517
It's mainly trivial things. Like those dudes in Cathedral Ward with the blue lanterns can now shoot energy from them.
>>
>Trading for Blood Rock is now possible
This is one step away from playable Great One mode.
I'm stoked.
>>
>>320926829
>loads
There is 1 enemy that changes, maybe 2.
>>
>>320926797
It really didn't because they were limited, on top of that summoning ranges were massive.
>>
Where can i farm insight?
>>
>>320927010
Autism dungeons
>>
Please buff beast cutter, beast buff beast cutter, please buff beast cutter...
>>
>>320927010
Chalice dungeons, kill bosses
Go to any boss and ring your bell to help people kill that boss
Invade people anywhere and kill them for their insight.
>>
>>320927010
1 run of an easy Chalice Dungeon can get you 6, 2 per boss
>>
>>320927010
PvP with Vileblood rune.
>>
>>320925727
While the game is about learning from your mistakes, it is also about living with them too.

I think there should be a respec too, just saying.
>>
>>320925727
>learning from your mistakes
>respeccing

That is not learning from your mistakes. That is undoing them.
>>
>>320927063
They are buffed through Yamamura's lines
"Beasts are a curse and a curse is a shackle, only ye are the true cutters of the church"
>>
>>320927219
>Make a mistake
>The only option is to replay the entire game to fix it
Arbitrary
>>
What point in time is it that Blood Rock's available? I'm guessing towards the end.
Maybe post Wet Nurse.
>>
>>320926939

Those white dudes change a lot and become fucking paintrains
>>
>>320927334
>fix mistakes
>not living with them
>the entire fucking theme of the game is being corrupted by blood
>no not me though.
>I should be able to undo changes made by blood echoes
>no I don't care that that would almost fix all issues hunters have my needs go over the themes of the game

Modern gamers make me sick.
>>
>>320927401
>a lot
The lantern guys get a new move or two and that's it really.
>>
>>320927381
Probably the moment you get the first one.
So either from the dlc, mensis or just a chalice one.
>>
is it a bad idea for my first playthrough to be an arcane build? seeing as how difficult arcane related gems seem to be
>>
>>320927436
>the theme of the game is to replay it
If you don't make mistakes the theme is null and void as well by your arbitrary excuses for not allowing respecs

Christ you are thick, you don't like the option. So what, other people want it. Stop being such a cunt.
>>
>>320927334
Or if you make a mistake you deal with the consequences and keep trucking on. I wanted to try all the weapons so I dumped 50 points into arcane with my Str/dex character to try them out. Did call beyond suck ass? sure it did. But I still kept playing the game with that character because I wasn't going to just chump out with the choice that I made. And I am STILL beating shit on NG+ DLC at lvl 120. that is almost HALF of my total level down the fucking tube.
>>
>>320927436
>The theme of the game is you fucking up your character progression
Haha wow
>>
>>320927525
Just do a quality build.
Arcane is pretty shit unless you're going through the chalice dungeons to get gems. I did a STR+ARC run recently-ish and it wasn't that enjoyable, plus a lot of the hunter's tools you get aren't that good either.
>>
>>320927436
>Make a new character
>Only difference is I played through the game another time
k, still not a good enough reason to not have the option to respec you autist
>>
File: 1387900277695.png (171 KB, 346x297) Image search: [Google]
1387900277695.png
171 KB, 346x297
>>320927585
There is no such thing as fucking up your character progression. You can beat every boss at any level, with any item. you just have to be better than the game.
>>
File: 1450274927356.jpg (39 KB, 720x575) Image search: [Google]
1450274927356.jpg
39 KB, 720x575
>>320927436
>there are people who defend resource grinding in videogames
>there are people who excuse stupid shit like the lack of respec by crying "BUT MUH LORE"
>>
>>320926981
>limited
If there were 1-2 or in the game yeah that would be limited
There were fucking eight in one play through of the game, holy fuck
>>
>>320927168
>>320927219
I've played too many games where I decided to put my skill points into a certain combat discipline only to learn that it was utterly ineffective for getting you past the early game.

Summons, debuff/curses, poison, ranged combat - it's like some companies don't play test to make sure that combat styles outside of bruiser or mage can do anything. And I'm tired of restarting a game because of that.
>>
>>320927532
Again that is not an argument.
There are people who want a cash shop in the game.
There are people who want an option to automatically kill a boss if they die too much.
There are people who want the game to be medieval fantasy just like the other 3 souls games and almost every other RPG in existance

I don't want this shit in my game.

>>320927585
Corruption is a big theme in the game I stand by that. And there shouldn't be an item that would theoretically fix all the big hunters and made sure nobody ever becomes a cleric beast.
>>
>>320927615
>>320924767
wtf is 'quality'?
>>
>>320927615
what if i intend to go through chalice dungeons, does it matter much where my damage specialization is?
>>
>>320927713
>people want a respec
>This is as bad as a cash shop, or CE bullshit
You really are retarded aren't you?
>>
>>320927657
>there are modern games so pampered by shit that the idea that they can make a mistake is astonishing to them
>why can't I kill all the NPCs without consequences? If they are important I shouldn't be able to kill them then

That is you.
you are the skyrim audience
go play skyrim.
>>
>>320927685
Anon, you are supposed to make the build you want and keep pushing. That is supposed to be the point of these games.

Even fucking POKEMON did this, with which fucking starter you choose.

Oh you grabbed charmander, you will get bodied in the first few gyms, but he will get better later.
>>
>>320927713
>muh headcannon lore is a good reason for no respecs
The hits keep on coming
>>
>>320927749
Old demon's souls term for a build using both strength and dex or strenght and skill in bloodborne's case.
>>320927774
I am not saying they are equally bad. I am saying that the argument "some people want it" Is retarded.
>>
>>320927635
Theres already a severely reduced number of stats you can allocate in this game. It's honestly very unnecessary to respect just to try out weapons
>>
>>320927846
I don't think I've ever encountered someone who actively wants a cash-shop in their game. Your Hyperbole needs a lot of work.
>>
>>320927846
But the axe only scales with strength...?

Anyway i'm trying to do 'priest' cosplay, hence the axe and shotgun, and the flame sprayer for HOLY PROMETHIUM

I guess Ludwigs is my next best 2nd weapon.
>>
>>320927824
There wasn't a respec in Demon Souls or fucking Dark Souls. I have never heard anyone complain about if in either of those games. Most people I know didn't even use it in Dark Souls 2. It is unnecessary in this game series, because you can beat anything with anything. It just takes skill.
>>
>>320923407
Instead of making things better, they're just making the game easier.

and yet they still won't nerf Laurence

I can't beat him, senpai. I just can't.
>>
File: Vampire_Killer.jpg (372 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Vampire_Killer.jpg
372 KB, 1920x1080
Instead of bitching, post hunters and shit like that.

Fashionborne is honestly a lot of fun. Almost all of the clothing options go perfectly together. I'm a fan of this set and a combination of Gehrman's Coat, Gascoigne's Gloves, the Constable Trousers, and various hats.
>>
>>320927952
Fuck off. Respecing would be great in both those games for a bunch of reasons. There's no actual excuse to not just have the option at some point.
>>
>>320927934
It scales with both str and skill both in moderate fashion meaning you get more benefit putting points equally into str and skill rather than all in str because you get to make use of two stat scales
>>
>>320927749
Strength+Dexterity Build. Term comes from the weapon upgrade path in DeS where it made weapons scale off of both of those stats. Something like the Claymore from DaS is a quality weapon, or Ludwig's from Bloodborne
>>320927765
>what if i intend to go through chalice dungeons,
I really want to dissuade you from doing this because they're pretty shit, but if you're intending to go through the chalice dungeons, you could just go through with whatever you want I guess. I still recommend a quality build for a first playthrough, though
>>
>>320927934
>But the axe only scales with strength...?
No it doesn't.

It scales more with str at first but only until 25. Like almost all other quality weapons.
Strength weapons still scale with str the most even after 25.

With weapons like the axe it is smarter to put points into skill until both skill and str are at 25 and then you can go back to str.
>>
>>320928018
No screenshot but I'm in love with the hooded iron helm, maria cloak/bone ash armor, knight leggings, and then whatever gloves show off bare hands.
>>
>>320927976
Laurence is piss easy man. Just has a lot of hp
>>
>>320927952
Respec'ing due to skill was never even mentioned ONCE.

Also you are new to the series, because people requested a respec option like crazy for DS1 after Demon's hit over here.

You keep acting like a respec would break the game, it wouldn't. That's literally the bottom line to all of this. It would just save people time.
>>
>>320927908
But if you found someone you would be fine with it?
Because as long as one person wants it it should be in the game?
>>
>>320928035
The "excuse" is that it isn't needed. How much fun would the bosses be if you just respecced to beat each one? Not very, you play this shit for the fun of the challenge. For that great moment when you push in a bosses shit no matter what the fucker throws at you. That would be greatly diminished by just making your character the best they can be for each specific boss...
>>
>>320927952
>I have never heard anyone complain about if in either of those games.
Playing a sorcery user in DaS2 was suffering at the beginning because you couldn't find any goddamn spells or buy them. Playing a miracles user in DaS1 was likewise suffering entirely throughout the game unless you were PvPing.

Not that that really mattered. When the going got tough in DaS2 I stumbled across the Mace and the stupid thing took me through the entire game. It was more or less the Drake Sword.
>>
>>320927651
your char has something like 40-50 vit
25-50 on main damage stat
and +10 weapon of choice with gems
you know how I know this? because that's how everyone plays this game
only couple of autists do unironic BL4 playthoroughs
>>
>>320928162
Except it isn't one guy, its a widely requested option for the game. Once again, your hyperbole needs a lot of work.
>>
>>320928035
Other than it being a shitty leveling ruining addition of course

If you don't want to play the game for you to try out new weapons and think going through a play through is "trudging through bullshit" I don't really think you like the game all that much.
>>
>>320927976
For the first phase, stick to his ass like glue. Stay behind him and strafe or dodge around to keep on his tail. I beat him in a few tries so I couldn't really tell, but it felt like he stagger really easily.

You NEED to wear fire resist gear. Charred Hunter Coat, Wine Hakama, etc. It really helps on the second phase, because you're probably going to step into some lava. Just keep your distance if you get hurt and heal up. He moves slow as shit, so the only threat is when he charges or spits lava, both of which are easy to dodge. Just stick to his right (your left) when you go in to hit him. That worked when I did it, though I only got to his second phase once.
>>
>>320927713
Holy shit, look at all this false equivalences. These equivalences are bullshit and you know it.

It's amazing how there are still people who don't want respecs even though they are universally one of the most liked things in the most hated game in the franchise.
>>
>>320928053
would this be considered shit?
https://www.mugenmonkey.com/bloodborne/10377
>>
File: Bloodborneâ„¢_20151122220648.jpg (485 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborneâ„¢_20151122220648.jpg
485 KB, 1920x1080
>>320928018
>>
>>320928221
So we should go by voting then?

How do we design games? we go by what most people want?
I guess bloodborne really is call of duty then now.

Fuck you and your stupid ideas.
>>
>>320928094
So whats this games 'cap' on returns in stats? 40? How high should I pump stats?
>>
>>320928320
Attack stats soft cap at 50
>>
>>320928320
I think it's about 50.
>>
>>320928207
Wrong asshole, 26 on most stats except for the 50 in arcane, I think like, 18 on bloodtinge because I wanted to use the Evelyn. because like I said. I fucked up thinking the magic would be good.

And of course everyone plays the game like that, there are 7 fucking skill points, so what is the point in a respec for this shit? after about halfway through the game the only thing you use echoes for is items. I haven't used them for a level in probably close to 25 hours.
>>
>>320928262
Are you just speccing into arcane for the Flamesprayer?
Because it's not worth it.
>>
>>320928320
first softcap for vit is 30 and then 50
endurance is 40 but it is a useless stat so ignore it

damage stats are 25 and then 50

Basically the order of stats to push is really easy

First the necessary stats to use all the early weapons you want.
Then 30 vit
Then 25 of all damage stats you want
then 50 vit
then 50 of all damage stats you want.

Generally speaking vit is more useful because of the rally system and because it takes a while to get good gems which help you make the most out of your damage stats
But you can keep vit and your damage stats on the same level if you want or go with damage first.
>>
>>320924694
The doll is NOT for sexual. Gehrman wanted his Maria doll to love him but the Great Ones, thinking they were helping, made her love Hunters in a motherly way and not a sexual way. They try to help because they're genuinely concerned with the welfare of lesser races but they just operate on completely different wavelengths and do terrible things to entire civilisations because they get really enthusiastic about helping them. But then if someone tells them that they're making things worse they throw a tantrum and curse your entire race for eternity with VOCAL CORD PARASITES or some such bullshit. The only openly dickish Great Ones are the Moon Presence and MAYBE Oedon, who thinks that impregnating pretty women with cosmic abominations is as good for them as it is fun for him.

My point is that you CANNOT fuck the doll, she's like a mother to Hunters including Gehrman, and Gehrman isn't keen on fucking his mother that looks like his waifu made out of wood.
>>
>>320928473
i will probably use it, but i mainly want to use most of the hunter tools
>>
So what's a good way to farm souls? I want to do a jack-of-all-trades build but takes too many echos for level 90+
>>
>>320928562
>you can also use the doll if it pleases you
>hehehehe

I am pretty sure he gave me a thumbs up about fucking the doll.
>>
Did anyone else end up playing the dlc of ng+6? I just saw video of it on normal ng+ and goddamn that's easy.
>>
>>320928627
Pretty much everything you do gives you souls.

What do you like doing the most?
>>
>>320924762
It turns hours of grinding into going to your local friendly ayylshop and buying 1.
They are expensive tho, but most people just have tons of insight which they never use stored for the winter
>>
>>320927453

The scythe dude's scythe starts burning and I think they get new moves, the cross dudes also have changes to them, there's these jittery hair things spawning in some places and so on
>>
>>320928627
Honestly? NG+, that or using the moon runes, at least I think that is what they are. The biggest one increases blood echoes by like, 30% I think
>>
>>320928627

Go to mergos loft middle, fist first pig, drop down and go around to the bell lady place, dodge the patroling shadows then bait the other two pigs into charging you. You lead the pigs back into the shadows and they fight to the death and you get the echos.
>>
>>320928627
Ailing Loran Layer 1 if you have access to it.
>>
>>320928171
>That would be greatly diminished by just making your character the best they can be for each specific boss
We can do exactly that by putting on different armor. We can't necessarily do that with weapons and there's no reason why we shouldn't be allowed to.

Listen up. In DaS and DaS2 I sometimes had to whip out the bow to get some shit done. Shoot a necromancer or poison a giant out. It was fairly easy to do because the simple bow had a low stat requirement but had immense utility. No problem getting a level or two to use it. Likewise getting a couple levels for some Miracles or Sorceries.

Bloodborne doesn't really have those options. Sometimes, notably Amygdala, you see very clearly there's a solution staring you in the face - namely slapping the fucking thing's head. Except you can't if you've spec'd primarily in SKL weapons that don't have the reach. Then you see that many STR weapons have the reach to hit that obvious weak spot but it's really hard to just pick up the Hunter's Axe and do any real damage with it. So you cope or you resort to summoning, neither of which are particularly satisfying especially when you see the solution but it is out of reach.
>>
>>320928280
>Why is the hunter doing this?
>Why is he such a manlet?
>My feet hurt
>I want to sleep
>My house is burning and it wont stop
>Why did Gehrman burn the workshop?
>My clothes stink
>I wish the hunter cuddled with me
>>
>>320928627
Isn't joining someone's game via co-op a good way to grind?
>>
>>320928774
Having to fight amygdala with my BoM was one of the most fun experiences in my first playthrough.

I still don't get the argument that nothing should be differently difficult for different builds and that you should always have all options.

I genuinely think well thought out limitations are an important part of an rpg.
that is why I didn't like skyrim or dark souls 2. I don't need to be the master of all traits in every game.
>>
>>320923407
>Thoughts?

I don't endlessly grind in these games so I couldn't care less. I'll stop playing it once I beat the DLC today.
>>
>>320923407
I don't Like it.
>>
>>320928774
Hunters axe is quality
It should do decent damage on a skill build.

But it wouldn't be upraded would it.
So it would be useless. Even if you could respec.
And would you really respec just for amygdala and then go back?
>>
>>320929209
>modern video game audience
>>
>>320929480
>grinding in souls games
you are the same retard that complains about grass in DeS because you are a faggot grinder shittier
>>
File: HCU64O9.png (313 KB, 701x394) Image search: [Google]
HCU64O9.png
313 KB, 701x394
>>320925527
Limited respecs (like to 1-2 respecs per playthrough) is perfectly fine.

If you're played far into the game and notice that your initial spec isn't doing it for you then being able to respec shouldn't be an issue.

Problems only arise when you make them too numerous or infinite.
>>
>>320928285
You are so horribly retarded.
>>
>>320929480
Why should I sit an grind in say Bloodborne? When I have gotten all weapons, beaten all the bosses and some chalice bosses (many of them are just rehashed old ones of enemies with their stats increased and the areas themselves are random copypaste jobs).

I prefer progress, not stagnation.
While you sit and play Bloodborne for the entire year I have already beaten 20x more games than you.
>>
>>320924762
Bloodrocks are needed to take a weapon from +9 to +10, it's not the most important thing in the world since a good gem will add far more damage, but it's pretty important.

There's one in the main game, one in the DLC, 3 easily attainable in Chalice Dungeons and potentially infinite from farming Chalice Bosses.

In the games current state, if you 100% it you have easy access to level 5 weapons to max, with another 2 each NG+ you do.

With this update you can buy infinite as long as you have tons of insight, which is pretty easy to come by if you are cooping a lot, if you play offline it will require grinding but it's an easy 1-2 extra rocks without even trying.
>>
Speed
>>
>>320923407
>Blood chunk cost from 30 to 20
Wow it's nothing. You still need 16 of those fucking things to max a weapon.
>>
>>320928242
I personally don't feel that way but it's great to have the option to finish the game a different way than I started. Especially with NG+ characters where I want to maintain that difficulty with a different build without waiting another 15-20 hours.
Options should always be there. Fuck off.
>>
Can someone explain how invasions work in BB?
>>
>>320923407
>tfw literally about to open up the patch notes on PS4
>now I get to put off walking across the room for a little bit
Thanks anon!
>>
>>320931194
You ring any bell for co-op or invasion and bell lady spawns in your world, this makes you open for invasion. The nightmare areas, the lady is already there and you can kill her to end invasions.

The nightmare ones don't respawn after reentering the area.
>>
I don't particularly care about this Respec business, but can I change my characters look ever again? I hate their face.

Also what carries over to new game plus?
>>
I'd love a respec option. It was the best new addition in Das2. It meant I could go from NG to NG+ and have a completely new experience because I swapped STR for DEX or VIT for FAITH.

I liked that I didn't have to redo the game on NG where the good weapons/spells are right at the end. Right now, whenever you start up a new playthrough in BB it's always playing out the exact same way until defeating Amelia.

At the same time, you don't want to go through NG+ because you're already on a character that's BL90 so you can't take that character higher without progressing past the preferred PVP threshold.

A respec option would give you so much more freedom when it comes to builds. You could truly experiment without having to bumrush NG PVE for the billionth fucking time.
>>
File: BB.jpg (92 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
BB.jpg
92 KB, 1024x576
>>320928018
My first hunter. This is the last picture of him before my PS4 froze moments after this picture was taken and his file was corrupted
>>
File: BB2.jpg (82 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
BB2.jpg
82 KB, 1024x576
>>320931802
>>320928018
And my current one
>>
>>320931591
No.

NG+ you keep all of your items except for key items; badges, chalices, and level stay the same.
>>
Where the fuck is the Sinister Women when you invade in front of Ludwig? Is she all the way back somewhere?
>>
>doing a BT build for the Bloodletter
>fucking stuck as shit on Ludwig
I've been through this DLC four times and I still am just helpless against him.
>>
>>320932209
Look to your right.
>>
>>320928632
>assuming that he meant fucking the doll
He whispered it because the Moon Presence doesn't like sharing his automaton mummy who feeds him blood echoes and gives him belly scritches whenever he wants them. Mind out of the gutter anon.
>>
>>320924340
>>320926326
NO
FUCK OFF FROM THE PIZZA CUTTER
>>
File: 1449775147535.jpg (274 KB, 850x850) Image search: [Google]
1449775147535.jpg
274 KB, 850x850
Stole this from a youtube comment but I loved the idea: When you invade someone and they challenge the boss, you should be able to observe that fight and spam dumb emotes or voice messages or whatever.
>>
File: 1436718706667.png (71 KB, 240x280) Image search: [Google]
1436718706667.png
71 KB, 240x280
>>320933743
>GIT GUD
>GIT GUD
>WOW I BEAT THIS BOSS ON MY FIRST TRY
>GIT GUD SHITTER

No thank you.
>>
>>320933856
Preset messages of course, like 'step up, knave' or whatever.
>>
File: tfw 99 insight.jpg (99 KB, 542x570) Image search: [Google]
tfw 99 insight.jpg
99 KB, 542x570
>>320923407
>In order to trade for the Blood Stone Chunk, the necessary amount of Insight has been changed from 30 to 20.
>Trading for the Blood Rock is now possible. 60 pieces of Insight are required.

Fucking ace
>>
>>320933856
SHOULDA ROLLED
>>
So which weapons got nerfed?
>>
>>320933856

I hate the community. How can those people not understand that the moves of the boss differs every time you fight them? Sometimes you luck out, sometimes you're fucked.
First time against Capra Demon I beat him. With my next character I had to cheese him because I just couldn't do it, he always got me into a corner and started spamming some shit moves.
I was stuck at Ebrietas for days while I had no problem beating Gascoigne or the Kos/Kosm dude whose name I just forgot
>>
File: my qt.jpg (54 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
my qt.jpg
54 KB, 960x540
>>320928018
my current hunter, she's a skl + bloodtinge build :+)
>>
>>320936871
Because they don't.

The bosses have very simple AIs and given your distance to the boss decides which attacks they will use.
>>
>>320936991

>ask how to beat Ebrietas
>"Like, kinda close but a bit further away, like medium range, then she'll headbutt"
>headbutted once
>kept on charging me with her insanely difficult to dodge charge
>>
>>320923407
fucking finally, bloodrocks

also chunks should be 15 or so imo
>>
>>320925038
dude, loran chalices give you, like, 100k echoes a layer
>>
I'm about to jump into Bloodborne for the first time

Alls I need to know is how stats rank from most important to least important

I ask because when I started dark souls I thought Resistance actually mattered
>>
>>320937360
Look if a certain approach doesn't work try another.

It is still a fucking computer game.
They are still strictly following simple logic chains.

Fromsoft did not invent actual futuristic Artificial Intelligence just to put it on some videogame bosses.

Stop being a shitter.
>>
>>320936940
Blacked as fuck.
>>
>>320937703
see here >>320928503
>>
>>320937724

I'm not saying that the AI is good, what I'm saying is that randomized movesets can lead to the enemy getting stuck in an attack chain that will fuck you up no matter what you do
>>
>>320937703
Depends on your build.
There is no useless stat.
>>
>>320923863
no that's cool

there's no need to fix cool things

that's like fighting ganondorf with the fishing rod
>>
>>320937803
nope.
there is no boss that can suddenly become unbeatable.
>>
>>320937724
>artificial intelligence
they should
its like what blizzard said
>killing the player its easy
add enemies a "smart logic" to follow . and you won't pass the first boss of any game
>>
>>320925462
>Weapon badges don't carry across all characters so you still have to use the same 5 weapons for the start of the game until you get your build weapon 70% through the game
That's a legitimate complaint.
>>
Boom hammer uses like 60% less stamina now, it's actually viable

Shit was probably the worst weapon in the whole game before
>>
File: Ebrietas.webm (3 MB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
Ebrietas.webm
3 MB, 600x338
>>320937360
You don't luck out buddy. Boss moves are usually triggered by your positioning and distance. You can use that to your advantage by baiting easy to dodge moves. It's been this way since Demon's Souls.
>>
>>320937703
Main difference from DaS is that END is pretty much unneccessary. 16 is enough for any build.
>>
>>320938514
where does this 16 come from?
What makes 16 the magic number?
>>
>>320936871
99% of the Capra Demon fight is whether or not you get snagged by the dogs the moment you enter the room and then he wombo combos you. If you can make it up the stairs and kill the dogs, it's easy. But it's the only fight in all the games I'd say is basically up to luck. For everything else, you really can get good.
>>
>>320938514
>16 is enough for any build
Talk for yourself, faggot. DPS builds need much more than that.
>>
>>320938410
>using meme "hold R2 to win" saw
>thinks he's good

lol
>>
>>320938624
His ass.

The amount of stamina you need depends on your build. If you feel like you're running out alot, it doesn't hurt to put a few points in.
>>
>>320938514
It's not necessary, but with more you don't fucking need to carefully manage your stamina constantly. It's a quality of life investment.
>>
>>320938782
Never put a single point in it and never felt like running out.

I assume some of the heavier weapons need more but especially in pvp it always feels useless the moment you first get to the point where both players are just fighting with the regen stamina they got in that moment.
>>
File: Pizza Cutter.webm (2 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
Pizza Cutter.webm
2 MB, 800x450
>>320938763
>"meme"
>doesn't even get the button right
I suggest giving it a try, anon. It's a pretty fun weapon.
>>
>>320938763
It's L2 you shitter. Also Ebrietas is easy with any fucking weapon, just stay at her side and use bolt paper.
>>
A single respec should be locked behind a really hard boss to prove that you lived your mistake and won't do it again.

Gem slots are a bad idea.

Chalice dungeons may have been cool but they turned out boring.

The farming in the dungeons was DarkSouls2 tier mistake.

BB is better than Demon's and DarkSouls2 and about equal to DarkSouls
>>
>>320923863
It's pretty much the same as killing Allant with arrows, and they never fixed that either. I'd say Miyazaki's philosophy is if you figure out some convoluted way of cheesing something, good on you. And for Allant you could do it with almost no stat investment, while this takes an entire build dedicated to it.
>>
>>320938937
>>320938940

I don't use meme weapons, so I wouldn't know. Back to leddit with the both of you.
>>
>>320938891
From what I've seen pvp is mostly just hit and run.

Applying pressure, and chasing do need a bit of stamina, especially if you don't use guns.
>>
>>320939037
They could have placed it instead of the Rakuyo with the dual fishbros
>>
So

serrated and fire are good against beasts
and holy and lightning are good against ayylmaos?

That correct? Why do bloodlickers count as aliens then?
>>
>>320939057
They didn't fix the Maneaters' fog gate too.
>>
>>320939128
Everything is a meme weapon.
>>
>>320939037
I agree with everything except the respec thing.

Its not necessary.
>>
>>320939187
>Holy
u wot

Bloodlickers and Gargoyles count as neither Kin nor Beast, so it's simply based on their resistances.

Ayy's are weak to bolt and thrust and resistant to blunt
>>
File: ayyweedlmao.jpg (7 KB, 203x248) Image search: [Google]
ayyweedlmao.jpg
7 KB, 203x248
>>320939398
>Ayy's are resistant to blunt
>>
>>320939398
>u wot
Righteous, Holy whatever it is called.
>>
>>320939187
Church weapons deal Righteous instead of Holy, and it only does bonus damage to any regular enemy in Cainhurst, which includes Bloodlickers.

Also should be noted that Kin are weak to lightning, but not all great ones are kin. True great ones like Moon Presence, Amygdala, and the Wet Nurse have equal resistance to everything.
>>
Maybe they could make an item that links your chalice dungeon progress between characters.
>>
File: 1445991062991.gif (866 KB, 352x224) Image search: [Google]
1445991062991.gif
866 KB, 352x224
>>320923407
>tfw just bought 2 chunks last night
>>
>>320939740
Not him, but
>The cane form is considered a Church Weapon and has increased damage (20%) to enemies weak to this category of weapon.
>The whip form is considered a Serrated Weapon and has increased damage (20%) to enemies weak to this category of weapon.
http://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Threaded+Cane
Those hidden stats also apply to other weapons.
>>
>>320939740
>there is no such element in the game
I saw your post.
There is no sense deleting it now.

Accept the shame after being smug and wrong.
>>
I wish Chalices wouldn't exist and they'd put their developement time and resources to making another main game area.
I'm sure there would have been another way to distribute stronger gems.
>>
>>320939969
Maybe they refine it and the concept comes back in a future game and is actually done well.

You shouldn't discourage experimentation even if it fails.
Better than playing it safe.
>>
>>320940109
They were kinda trying out the concept in DaS2 already, with the Abyss covenant.
Probably japs love this kind of grindy shit, who knows.
>>
>>320940208
The abyss was randomly generated?
It was nothing like the abyss.

If anything dark souls 2 is what you are asking for if you don't want them to experiment.
>>
>>320924042
OK, if I beat a dungeon with three eye runes and the milkweed rune I get one after like three or four tries. That takes way less than an hour, farms insight and blood gems and chunks at the same time and can go even faster with save scumming.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.