[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sad HALO story.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
>Get HALO 3 on Xbox 360
>Start playing
>This is actually pretty nice
>Spend hours going through missions
>Start one where you are taken by helicopter to your destination.
>Accidentally press a button on the controller.
>Character starts the animation of getting off the helicopter
>...And falling into an endless pit of darkness
>Look at the corner of the screen
>--------------AUTO SAVE--------------- just disappears.
>Reload
>Fall
>Repeat

And this is why i never finished a HALO game.
>>
>>320921927
You could have just started again, Halo 3 isn't that long. Also what the fuck are you doing starting Halo with the third game? You're not gonna understand anything in the story.
>>
>>320921927
Why didn't you just restart that mission?
>>
>>320922115
I could not. The restart mission save was that autosave.
>>320922078
It was long ago. It came with the console.
I do realize its not that long, but i coudnt bring myself to start over as i was pushing myself through a big part of it that i found boring.
>>
>>320922356
>The restart mission save was that autosave.
I don't believe you, but just go to the mission select screen, and select the level again.
>>
>>320922356
>The restart mission save was that autosave
Bullshit. Go to mission select.
>>
>>320922480
>>320922409
I dont have it now. it was back when i got the 360.
It was just enough for me to say fuck it.
>>
File: 14687678687.jpg (21 KB, 318x340) Image search: [Google]
14687678687.jpg
21 KB, 318x340
>hype for Aliens: Colonial Marines
>brother and I rush to the store for the midnight release
>rush home
>pop it in
>start first level
>in a room or something in space
>what I think it supposed to be an explosion outside the doors sounds like a snow channel on a tube tv
>open the door
>fall through the floor
>walk the dinosaur
But seriously, we fell through the floor into limbo and had to restart the game. HOW was it possible that game was so bad. HOW?
>>
>>320922078
>>320922115
>>320922356
>>320922409
>>320922480
Quit taking the bait you fucking morons

There's no helicopter in halo 3, and anytime you enter a pelican it automatically goes to cutscene (aka no exiting and falling)
>>
Sonic boom.
Alright, let me give you a write up. I honestly only played an hour and here’s how it went:
I work with disabled children for a living, and for the last week I have been driving one of my clients, we will call him Pat, to GameStop to preorder this game. He’s a functioning autistic, but not very high, he can communicate but he doesn’t know how to read or communicate -correctly- at times. He doesn’t understand his feelings. That might sound trivial, but read on.
We finally finished paying for the game, and the entire week I was trying to warn him. "Pat, don’t do this. Pat, you can spend that money on way better things,“ but he wouldn’t listen. We finally get home and throw it in his WiiU, and he asked me to play with him because he cannot get very far in games on his own. Right from the start, he somehow magically just manages to find every single glitch he possibly could. He fell through the floor on the first three loops, FIVE TIMES, he got stuck on a ring and we had to reset the system, and sometimes he would just pass right through enemies like they weren’t even there. Finally, after he started getting a little upset, I turned it off and had him hold his cat to calm down. He looked down at his cat and back up at me, and said in a completely clear voice, "Anon, that was the worst thing I’ve ever bought.”
This was the longest sentence I’ve ever heard him say, without lisp, without grunting, without hand motions. He knew exactly what he wanted to say and how to say it, because Sonic Boom was THAT FUCKING BAD.
Sonic Boom was so bad, it obliterated autism for 10 seconds.
>>
>>320922937
Sadly its no bait. In one of the missions i was able to get out and fall, and every restart i did just loaded the first auto save.
>>
>>320923339
Did you mean the level "The Covenant" with the cliffs and ocean and forest? There IS a section on that level where you fly a Vehicle called a hornet, but you should have just restarted the level if it saved while you were falling. It takes only like 10 minutes max to get back to that point.
>>
>>320922937
I pretty much never played any of the halos again after the next one came out, with the exception of the original. At this point all of the halo games, again except the original, it's all one mostly forgotten blur, and I vaguely recalled a helicopter.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.