[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many hours do you permit yourself to play a game that you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
How many hours do you permit yourself to play a game that you pirated before you'll force yourself to buy a real copy to support the developers?

For me it's about 5 hours.
>>
>>320921546
I play the whole thing since I wasn't going to purchase it anyways.

I want to fuck her eyes.
>>
i don't recall the last game i pirated and enjoyed enough to make it past the 30 minute mark
>>
I'll play the whole story, but I won't 100% it or do all the side stuff or whatever.
>>
Just torrented Saints Row IV.
10 hours in, having fun, no plans of purchasing.

Sometimes I like to find the games I just pirated on Steam and look at how much money I just saved. Then I touch my balls and think of how much money I've saved myself over the years by pirating.
>>
I just buy whatever else the dev puts out. Not about to download it all over again. Fucking third-world bandwidth caps. Pussy-ass FCC.
>>
File: 1446512713051.png (460 KB, 578x584) Image search: [Google]
1446512713051.png
460 KB, 578x584
>>320921616
>>
>>320921546
I'll play through as much as I feel like. If it was good I'll buy it straight away if the price is reasonable, and if it isn't I'll buy it later once the price drops to what I am willing to pay. If it is good I'll also promote the game to friends, just as I'll deride it if it is shit.

That is basically how piracy works. Free marketing if you product is good. With the market correcting inflation of the acceptable price point.
>>
When I pirate, I'll pay after im done, or once I've got my fill. Satisfied? Got enjoyment? Yeah, I'll buy the game.
>>
>>320921546

Depends on if it's a good game or not.

If it's a good game i'll buy it somewhere down the line on steam, and never play it.

I have 10 or so games I've put 50+ hours into that say 0 hours played on my steam account.

I'll play the game until I'm done with it, not until I beat it, but until I'm done playing.

last game I pirated that I really enjoyed was Max Payne 3, going to buy it when I can get it for cheap.
>>
>>320921940
Post more
>>
File: 1445116978096.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1445116978096.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>320921546
i don't buy shit games. so never i guess.

>>320922501
don't stare at them too long. you'll lose parts of your soul
>>
>>320922678
She's perfect
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.