[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DId your parents ever buy you video games, /v/? video relat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: bonestorm.jpg (30 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
bonestorm.jpg
30 KB, 500x375
DId your parents ever buy you video games, /v/?

video related

https://youtu.be/mjanxZiVkvU?t=15s
>>
>>320899683
Did american stores have big holes in glass doors in video game isles?
>>
>>320899949

not that I know of. Usually just sealed behind glass back i think walmart still does that
>>
Nope. Back when I was younger it was cheaper to just rent games for a week versus buying them. Also meant I had a small as fuck SNES library though.

Allowance picked up the games I knew were keeper when they were on sale.
>>
>>320899683

Sometimes. Typically I had to find ways to make money to get my shit though. Sucked but probably for the best.
>>
My dad plays games too so I just played what he played as a kid.
>>
>>320899683
I had to beg for the few games they got me. I didn't realize until much later that I had played less games in my lifetime than most of /v/, my friends, co-workers, etc. I only had like 5-7 titles on each console.
>>
>>320900674
Same. But I eventually made non-shit friends and managed to borrow a lot of stuff.
>>
I can probably count the ones they bought.

X-Wing
Commander Keen
Duke Nukem
Quake
Quake 2
Quake 3 Arena
Half-Life
Super Mario World
The Legend of Zelda: Link To The Past
Donkey Kong Country
Donkey Kong Country 2
Crash Bandicoot
Crash Bandicoot 2
Twisted Metal
Spyro
Final Fantasy 8
Final Fantasy 9

Except for the Final Fantasy games, my dad bought all these games for him to play and my siblings played them too.
>>
>>320899683
Of course they did. But it was always on birthdays, Christmas, or garage sales.

The first game I bought myself was Pokemon Emerald when it was new.
>>
>>320899683
Only for Christmas and birthdays but we used to rent stuff pretty often which was a good way to try different stuff.
>>
>>320899683
yeah
>>
>>320899683
They bought a pc for me.
That's enough here.
>>
File: image.gif (497 KB, 500x260) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
497 KB, 500x260
>>320899683

>super Christian Armenian mother
>resident evil 2 port released for n64
>ask for it for Christmas
>she sees the word 'evil' in the title
>her face when 'Devils' and 'sin' will affect me

I just wanted to play vidya. She gave me the same crap when I wanted Jurassic park rampage edition for Genesis and it had a 'mature' MA-13 rating.
>>
>>320899683
shoplifting thread?

I stole Vanquish, Demon's Souls and Sonic Generations from some bargain bins a few years ago. I still feel bad from time to time.
>>
>>320902896
I can't even count all the shit I stole. And I wasn't even poor.
>>
>>320902896

Brb, tracing your IP by making a GUI interface and notifying your local authorities on behalf of the store.
>>
File: 1448790931244.jpg (65 KB, 544x517) Image search: [Google]
1448790931244.jpg
65 KB, 544x517
>mom bought me vidya every few months and for christmas
>dad never did and would occasionally try to convince me to give them away

I'm convinced that he was jelly and took it out on me since my grandma told me that she would only buy him one gift per year when he lived with her.
>>
>>320903109
baka
>>
>>320903175

I have some fond memories of my dad walking me to the local store to pick out Christmas and birthday vidya....

Bought Pokemon red one April afternoon after a rainstorm, Kirby's dream land 2 one summer evening after dinner....majoras mask a Sunday in November when we all went for a family walk as an early Christmas gift. I miss him....

hes not dead, but we don't relate to anything anymore. The only thing he ever mentions when we talk is money, and both him and I have depression. I'm trying though. He's a sweet guy, but dense nonetheless. I'd kill to get back to that simplicity.
>>
my mom was bro as fuck because my dad sucked and now i take care of her and treat her good

love my mommy :3
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.