[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Killing Floor 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: kf2.jpg (196 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
kf2.jpg
196 KB, 1280x720
9 Months Early Access Edition

The first in the series was fucking incredible I played that game for hours on end. But this game I can barely play for an hour a month Even with friends. So what went wrong?
>>
>>320897510
do people literally have zero opinion on this game?
>>
My guess is that you already burned yourself out on the Killing Floor model.

KF2 is basically just the same game with more ludicrous gibs and some french chick instead of a brit chick.
>>
>>320898814
also shitty ai and maps and balance and unrefined recoil / controls / visceral feel

it's shit desu senpai
>>
>>320898814
this

even if they plan on having different type of game modes , it being in early access burns the player base out before that even happens.

tldr; early access is shit
>>
>>320897510
I stopped playing when the last few zeds would rush you.
Microtransactions in a game that isn't out of Early Access is just pure BS
>>
>>320900607
a lot of people have problems with the microtransactions thing. that honestly doesn't bother me at all because the first killing floor had them too. it's not like they do anything but cosmetics. and when they release another edition of the game they'll have all the dlcs and microtransactions bundled in like they did with the first game
>>
>>320900607
im going to happily stick to my views on microtransactions and agree with them as long as they dont introduce game breaking features. when its just skins i dont care.
they released the game for like £20 so i wouldnt be surprised if they wanted to monetise it a bit better.
that being said i wont be buying anytihng. happily play with my friends without the need of a skin.
>>
>>320897510
They gutted the Hunting Shotgun.

That's all it took to ruin a great game.
>>
File: don't make rustle cry.jpg (27 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
don't make rustle cry.jpg
27 KB, 200x200
I just want it to release

When
>>
>>320902193
even when it does release how much different will it really be from the current game?
>>
>>320902257
It will be closure, however small
>>
>>320901338
>>320901360
I don't like the microtransactions because of the cancer it brings to the game. People playing just for the drops, idle servers, and playing the lottery for the skins. I wouldn't have a problem if the skins were DLC instead of the
"buy x item to open y and have a random chance of a rare item with z wear"
>>
180 hours and I can say the game is more complete now.
>>
>>320902991
180 of kf2? how did you play it for that much?
>>
>>320903105
No idea how I got 30-40 hours with 4 perks and 3 maps, I enjoy the thrill of the game from time to time.
>>
I haven't even played it since the first week it was put onto Steam
It's just uninteresting, it does not have the feeling of the first because of its higher production values
>>
The main issue is the heavy deficiency of content. I try to play this game with friends for about an hour a week or so, but every round feels too similar. We've even quit out of a match just to play the first game a few times.

Tripwire really needs to let us actually beta test more shit, add a raw framework for a class and a few weapons with shitty animations until they can actually mo-cap, polish and whatever.
>>
Loved the first one, could play 12 hours of west london straight, challenging myself in stupid ways.

KF 2 is pretty much the same game, but for some reason it doesn't hook me. And what really frustrates me is that I can't tell why. I can't pinpoint the reason. It's like something is missing, I can feel its absence but I can't tell what it is exactly.

Everytime I play it the only thing I feel is that feeling of absence. Can't play the game anymore because of that. Last time I launched it to test the gunslinger, played the two new maps ,fought the Patriarch, went on to a different game.
>>
>>320903746
perks are a lot better when you level the shit out of them.
>>
They should add some new game modes
>>
>>320903829
So I have to play some 90 hours or so to maybe make the game more enjoyable?
>>
>>320903991
it's probably 20-25 hours to reach max level tho.
>>
File: KF2_Trader_Pod.jpg (73 KB, 686x815) Image search: [Google]
KF2_Trader_Pod.jpg
73 KB, 686x815
>>320898814
>french chick
There is no chick. It's a voice in a metal pod.
>>
File: 1450338796948.jpg (110 KB, 759x508) Image search: [Google]
1450338796948.jpg
110 KB, 759x508
>Buy it months ago cause I kinda liked the first one
>Get bored of it after an hour but force myself to keep playing to feel like I didn't waste money
>10 hours in have enough of it
>Remember that steam gives refunds
>2 hour minimum
>mfw
>>
>>320897510
not enough content.
>>
File: 1448517565059.png (703 KB, 1008x997) Image search: [Google]
1448517565059.png
703 KB, 1008x997
>>320897510
Why are the designs in 2 so fucking awful?
>>
i never played the first but i got this with some friends early access. Really liked it and played 20 hours in a week or something. Got burnt out and didnt go back but lately i've wanted to so i can see the new shit.

if they actually get content by release and more added over time i think it could be kind of a slow burn game that gets popular way later. Right now its early access and not worth its money.
>>
>>320904643
Is the new content even worth it? Aren't they all just reskins like I don't think they make any new mechanics.
>>
>>320905381
There was a new perk recently, Gunslinger. It came with a few new guns, revolvers and pistols.

They are cool, I guess.
>>
>>320905521
>few new guns

Yeah there's a few guns in the game already, that's one of the big problems.
>>
>>320905381
since i've played they've added 3 new classes and some weapons. I don't know if if they added any new maps or if its worth returning
>>
>>320903519
Would be neat if the waves had more of a random factor to them. The FPs and Scrakes show up like clockwork. Having all the different bosses out by now would have definitely added some variation.
>>
>>320904296
The designs in KF1 were fucking terrible.
>>
>>320903991
Just go to one of the Hell on Earth fast perk servers. Yeah, it's fucking dumb but playing on normal is boring as fuck and anything over hard is impossible with unleveled perks.
>>
>>320905581
More than KF1 at release. Actually it has more of everything at the time.

It's not really fair to compare game before official launch to game backed by years of updates.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.