[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Destiny at all worth it yet? Thinking of getting a PS4 and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7
File: destiny.jpg (318 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
destiny.jpg
318 KB, 1920x1080
Is Destiny at all worth it yet? Thinking of getting a PS4 and it's available in one of the bundles (with the dlcs and expansion)
>>
>>320889208
Fuck no. That shits a slot machine riddled with zero story and microtransactions
>>
>>320889504
Sad

So it hasn't been improved at all since launch? Did they seriously add microtransactions?
>>
Only if you have friends that play. If not it gets boring fast!
>>
>>320889625
Add them?? Fuck u talking about?

They've been there since day one.
>>
>>320889737
Really? I had looked at a lot of the shitposting about it at launch and don't remember that.
>>
>>320889737
This is a lie. They added cosmetic and a lvl boost transaction a few months ago
>>
>>320889870
Save your cash, litteraly ANY game is better than this shit.

Unless you enjoy the pay to play, online only, zero story kinda games.

Get Fallout 4 or MGS V
>>
>>320889625
they keep rebalancing everything in the game
while it might fix one problem it still always causes several
devs cant fix anything for shit
>>
>>320889208
no

don't listen to the marketers, taken king is more of the same shit
>>
>>320889737
>>They've been there since day one.
no they werent stop lying
the game is shit im not defending it but it only got a few months ago
>>
>>320890141
The only reason I considered it is it's one of the few games that I can't get on PC
>>
If you like grinding and fps then yes
even better with friend
>>
>>320890459
dont pretend the game isnt crap
>>
I just got it last week. I'm already max level and 291 light level. Its very shallow on story and the quests at end-game will have you killing hordes of enemies over and over just for a chance at one of the ## quest items. Its pretty shallow and gets old/repetitive very fast.
>>
I really like it. The gunplay and art design are really good. Raids are fun as fuck, but people only really run King's Fall now and that gets old after a bit. PVP is unbalanced and that keep nerfing everything to the point where things feel kind of bad, but I enjoy the compulsion loop of finding gear and testing it in the crucible.
It's worth a shot if you're getting a PS4 anyway, but just know that it's flawed. Taken King improved the base game a ton, but the micro transactions it brought are trending in a bad direction.
>>
>>320890530
It's not THAT bad, it does have problems but it also does things really well, like the gun play.
>>
>>320890616
no one runs the old raids becuase there is no reason outside of maybe some shaders

Bungie had the bright idea that they should make content obselete every 2 months in a game where everyone says the biggest problem is the lack of content
>>
File: 1450123676309.jpg (207 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1450123676309.jpg
207 KB, 600x450
>>320890341
PC don't deserve a horrible game such as destiny. They would never even pay for it, and damn right they shouldn't have to. It's sloppy and no story. It's like $150 for the complete edition, whatever the fuck that means
>>
>>320890616
Shill
>>
>>320890849
It's like $35 on amazon right now
>>
>>320890234
I can't wait for the patch where they just up and remove shotguns from the game.
Like, Christ almighty, if people would git fucking gud at the versus shit, the cooperative shit wouldn't have to suffer because devs can't separate PVP from PVE
>>
>>320890775
as opposed to the terrible balance issues in pvp
the pvp constantly getting patches to get "fixed" which not only never work but also affect the PVE causing that to be worse
no content
content constantly being rendered obselete so that you will be forced to by their dlc
exotics being obselete after the statement "we will make sure that you can keep the equipment you worked for"
microtransactions

the guns feel nice
most of them are useless as fuck now and wont be fixed but at least they feel good to fire
>>
>>320891007
The complete edition??

Bullshit.
>>
>>320891150
http://www.amazon.com/Destiny-Taken-King-Legendary-PlayStation-4/dp/B00ZJ20YQO/
>>
>>320891259
whats the point in forcing the expansions if all of them are completely useless except the current one
>>
>>320891259
Meh, the price drop must be because nobody's fucking playing dat shit.

Better games like Fallout, or litteraly anything else have been released
>>
>>320891120
The 0.04 Auto Rifle debacle recently was the most hilarious shit ever. They also decided they needed to nerf the shit out of high impact low ROF pulses for basically no reason, to the point where they're outdamaged by high ROF pulses per shot in some cases.

As much as I like the game, it's kind of a tragedy. There's tons of potential that manages to shine through quite strongly at times, but it's mired by mismanagement and a lack of content. It's still my go to "weekend" game with friends and I've managed to sink a fair bit of time into it, but I still can't get over how much better the game could have been.
>>
>>320891573
>fallout 4
>better
is it really that bad?
>>
>>320891573
Taken King has always included everything and has laways been $60. They just pulled a Dragon's Dogma and didn't let people buy it separately initially.
>>
>>320891624
it used to be mine to but me and a friend realized that they will never fix anything and every patch manages to make the game noticably worse

now they are slowly adding more microtransactions that are starting to change the game
its only a matter of time till you need to buy exotics at this point
>>
File: 1450652443731.jpg (64 KB, 499x676) Image search: [Google]
1450652443731.jpg
64 KB, 499x676
>>320891634
Don't be sneak dissing, son.

Fuck destiny. That's my key point here. ANYTHING is better.

I'd personally rather tea-bag a bear trap, that play this online only shit.
>>
>that one samefag with "no no no bad" in this thread

Major autism

Anyway, base edition was total garbage but the complete is passable. Not amazing but somewhat enjoyable. Fun with friends but I can say that for any game.
>>320891573
No, it's because literally everyone has it. There's always people online.
>>
>>320891992

literally or figuratively? Because dat shit would fucking hurt
>>
>>320892159
>only one person hates it
people actually believe this
>>
File: pleb.png (63 KB, 788x810) Image search: [Google]
pleb.png
63 KB, 788x810
I like it. I just got a Warlock to 40 and have a light level of 291 or something. I won't say it's perfect at all but I'm still finding fun in it, even if it is a grindy piece of shit... I wouldn't buy a console specifically for it though.
>>
>>320891992
It's a game base around working with others for the end game content and competitive multiplayer....of course it's online only. There's tons of valid things to knock Destiny on, but that's a little silly.
>>
>>320892235
Literally mah nigguh.

Dead seriously. Just typing the word destiny pisses me off
>>
>>320889208
If you didnt buy it at launch youre fucked

If you dont have 6 friends to play with youre fucked
>>
Farmville: Shooter edition.

The Taken King added enough content to make a $60 price tag somewhat justified (sucks for all the idiots like me who paid $140 for the whole thing), but at its core the game still cares more about getting you addicted to loot than giving you a legitimately compelling gameplay experience. Enjoy playing the same fucking raid every single week for the remote chance of reaching max level maybe in four months.
>>
Are they going to keep releasing big expansions or was Taken King the last one? They have to start working on Destiny 2 at some point.
>>
>>320892758
i think they are working on destiny 2
its probably not gonna sell well at first till they make more dlc then re release a Destiny 2 complete edition
>>
>>320892758
It's all pretty unknown at this point. Taken King may have been the last big expansion for Destiny as we know they're working on Destiny 2, but they plan on doing content drops like the Sparrow Racing League. They've eluded to something bigger in the future, but we'll see. They really need to add another raid.
>>
File: maxresdefault (8).jpg (170 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (8).jpg
170 KB, 1280x720
How gud was the phantom pain guys??

Rhetorical question. It was the best gam 2015 easy.

Get it OP. Now!!!!! Literally right now... Go.
>>
>>320892982
>something bigger

cant wait for more content removal
>>
>>320889208
Warframe is mostly the same grindy shit as Destiny except that the gameplay is better and its F2P

Seriously fuck Destiny
>>
File: quiet_by_zumidraws-d9aap9c.jpg (331 KB, 636x900) Image search: [Google]
quiet_by_zumidraws-d9aap9c.jpg
331 KB, 636x900
>>320893638
This guy gets it.

Don't be a victim of marketing OP.

Have you played Metal Gear yet?? Did you get it?
>>
>>
The new destiny we got this year with randomized ilvls and limited raid content made me realize it is and only will ever be wow-light. When eververse and srl came out i realised it will be less than that and more like some p2w platform instead of a game. This is the future of big budget games, not entertainment but nickel and diming platforms.

Also challenge mode is a freaking joke.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.