[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When was the last time you played TF2? Why'd you stop?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 5
File: why.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
why.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
When was the last time you played TF2?

Why'd you stop?
>>
Before F2p

I quit because the game got boring, and everyone was more concerned with trading hats than actually playing the game.
>>
Jesus, is this the current state of the game?
>>
>backpack got filled up
>too many new weapons breaking the game every other week
>>
Hats.
>>
I spent a hundred hours or so before F2P before I realized playing on my toaster in silky smooth 20 fps was severely impacting my ability to not suck. I briefly came back to it after F2P but when I was visiting home from college, my steam account was added to the range ban that my kid brother managed to acquire on a popular server host that hosted about half of the servers I could get into with under 150 ms ping. I quit and said good riddance to it, especially because this was around the time that the game was starting to go to hell.
>>
>early last year
>spent 900 hours in it and didn't want to look like a no-life autist
>>
>>320887216
Yesterday
I wanted to take a break
>>
>>320887216
i stopped playing in like december of 2013, at least competitively. the last time i played the game at all was earlier this year in february or something

its outlived its charm
>>
>>320887216
like... half a year ago? I guess I stopped because I started playing through backlogged singleplayer games. Also the last time I played the new patch was in play and it didn't feel like home. Might still boot it for some mindless fun though
>>
When the Gun Mettle update hit, thought i had already mostly moved to playing Dota 2 but that was the final nail in the coffin
>>
>>320887216
>That fucking feel when overwatch will be the best TF like game ever but it won't have an item economy because blizzard doesn't have the resources to do something like that
>have to deal with skins

So much potential ;_;
>>
>>320887216
>Why'd you stop?
Like two years ago. It wasn't fun anymore, maybe got too repetitive with muh items and muh cosmetics. Also too many kids (meme spouting weebs or MLP fans) ruined the charm of the game.
>>
>>320887216
it's retard friendly and even easier than halo
>>
>>320887216
I quit when I started getting drops to 50fps because of all the bloat in the fucking game.
>>
>>320887979
no, its an elaborate ploy. None of that is actually in the game.
>>
>>320891385
fuck off
>>
>>320887216
ages ago, around the sniper update

updates weren't doing the game good in my opinion
>>
>>320891383
This.
The game is terribly optimized horseshit and is the only game I need to run with a fucking FPS config.
>>
>like two and a half years ago
>game flat-out wasn't fun anymore, had other games to play and never went back to it
>>
>>320889193
Thank fucking god. I hate when faggots on TF2 treat every server as a fucking trade server.
>>
>>320887216

I have never played TF2 I used to play TF1 a lot though when it was free mod
>>
File: life is terrible.png (5 KB, 255x253) Image search: [Google]
life is terrible.png
5 KB, 255x253
Last I played it was about 3 or 4 years ago.

I stopped playing it because my friends stopped playing and the economy system wasn't fun and all the cosmetic shit is unnecessary and the game stopped being fun and I wish I could go back to when I still had fun with the game.
>>
i stopped playing because the community turned god awful. While every game has some shit players, nothing compares to TF2's underaged and autstic fanbase
>>
>>320887216
When the gun mettle update hit. Updates before then were lackluster, but when they blatantly copied another game as a whole update it served as a good sign to jump ship.
>>
>>320891383
>>320891601

I have to call bullshit on that. I can play TF2 on a Macbook Pro with Iris integrated graphics (shared VRAM) and get 60 fps most of the time with a few drops to 40 when things get hectic. All settings on high at 1200x800 with no AA. On any PC that's not a potato there's no reason you shouldn't be getting 300 fps.

It's ridiculously well optimized.
>>
>>320887216
>When was the last time you played TF2?
A little after the conga update

>Why'd you stop?
Pubs were too shit to be a challenge to play with/against but I was too shit for the pros so I got bored
>>
>>320892293
>>320892293
Oh really? Well Valve doesn't seem to agree with you.

>Hi folks! We are aware of performance concerns, and we do have a lot to say about it--but not quite yet. We should have something in the next few weeks. Sorry if you're currently being plagued by bad performance, but please know that this is on our radar.

This was 4 months ago.
>>
>>320887216
A year ago

Why?
Hats.
>>
>>320887216
>When was the last time you played TF2?
The Mannconomy update.

>Why'd you stop?
Because it was 200% concentrated cancer that has metastasized to other games now because it was left untreated for so long.
>>
File: 1450478559962.jpg (51 KB, 400x323) Image search: [Google]
1450478559962.jpg
51 KB, 400x323
>people still play it
>>
2-3 years ago.

I came to love the Highlander 9v9 setup, and fucking hated normal pub games. Nothing annoyed me more than Demo/Soldier splash damage bitch spam, even in simple 12v12 games.

But I hated how much more drawn out it felt to get a group together for 9v9, so I just got bored and quit.

9v9 is really good though, I love it.
>>
Yesterday

I realized pubs and valves servers were draining the fun and life from the game so I joined a comp team that's semi serious and chill and I'm now in div 3 possibly onto div2

Can't wait for the comp matchmaking. and all these new updates are about turning the game into a competitive scene and less about the pubs. You can always disable hate you retards and most hats are disabled in comp anyway
>>
>>320888750
>ever playing TF2 competitively
lol
>>
>>320892943
How does someone do this? I guess I'm just too autistic to figure it out, but I have been playing since 2007. I just can't get any of my IRL friends to get into it.
>>
I didn't have a PC capable of running it decently until last year.

I've played about 40 hours since then and even played last week, but it's not a fun game.
>>
>>320892293
Is drops to 40fps at 1200x800 supposed to be good?

What the fuck?
>>
>>320887216
My sentry got sapped whilst a scot took the intelligence.

The soldier told me to quit and stop playing so i did.
>>
Whenever the Man Vs Machine update was me and my friends had some fun playing it for a month then stopped.
>>
>>320893136
Well UGC is the "beginning" or the most basic comp tournament and I suppose when the update comes out that might help. I just looked around for a new team starting up and played a not so important class so I could get a feel for comp and if I fucked up it wouldn't matter that much unlike dropping as a med or something. and I liked

9v9 is fun but less serious still requires skill though

6v6 is the most "competitive" out of the modes and has a high skill cap at higher levels

4v4 is semi serious fun more of a fun one though.

2v2 or utiduo is good requires good aim and deathmatch skills
>>
>>320887216
It just got boring. I used to play it all the time, about 2 years I think. I had a mean demo and I could land pills like a mother fucker. But it just got boring. I kind of regret playing it that much. I could have done other things.

Oh well. I'm gonna go slob on a knob now.
>>
I was able to tolerate the game's descent into shit for a time because I hung out in a server populated by people who cared about being decent and not using cancerous shit. It eventually died and I stopped playing. This was probably within six months of Mann vs Machine, so three years ago.
>>
I have ~400 hours in
I mainly played in one server, was pretty well known to be best player in server. Had friends in server.
log on one day, server is gone
never played again
>>
>>320887216

Just finished playing 30 minutes ago, vaccinator is more powerful than ever. Thanks for the Christmas present Valve.
>>
>>320893762

On a dual core CPU with integrated GPU, yes, that's good.
>>
>>320887216
After the Soldier update

Because I could tell the game was taking a nosedive rather quickly.
>>
>>320887216
I play it when I'm too drunk to play csgo
>>
2013 or so, went onto the partyvan and it was mostly empty

I stopped playing because no one played fun maps anymore, and also because no one played period, the game died on /v/ and with it the partyvan community.

I like revisiting those days in youtube vid form.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UecguP9kt6I
>>
I started up the game a few days ago to open the Christmas present and get some shit to sell on the market. I haven't actually played it in at least 5 months.
>>
I played earlier today for the first time since gun mettle started. I stopped because that update gave me horrible performance and lots of random crashes.
>>
it got to the point where i was only entertained by spraying sunibee donuts all over everything
>>
>>320887216
I dunno like 3 days ago? 'Cause going out and having a life trumps video games any day.
>>
>>320887216
when they started charging for updates. so whenever that was.
>>
I last played back in February. I had other games on my backlog and my friends were playing their own games so I didn't really have much motivation to PUG it up.
>>
When I realized I was playing with teenagers
>>
File: throw.gif (1 MB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
throw.gif
1 MB, 540x540
Earlier today.

I didn't feel like playing anymore.
>>
The last time I seriously sat down and played was 2-3 years ago.

I booted it up a few months ago after installing a no cosmetics script and it was just boring as hell.

Nobody hosts funmap servers and everyone would much rather play "competitively" or spend money on that stupid robot survival mode for items.
>>
I pretty much stopped in the Mann vs Machine update. All my favorite servers died. One that I liked had a custom map rotation and it was fun getting to experience new maps, plus the community was cool and they limited players to 24 so things didn't get too spammy.
>>
I tried playing after the tough break update but now I can't manage over 30 fps when the last time I played I was getting 100+

what a shit game
>>
earlier today
>boot up tf2
>join a pub
>8 soldiers and 4 kritz medics
>leave pub
>>
File: 1416187342475.webm (3 MB, 484x268) Image search: [Google]
1416187342475.webm
3 MB, 484x268
Is there a way to play unmolested TF2 with no items or hats?
>>
>>320906630

Get the console version
>>
>>320887216
years ago. stopped because of too much dumb shit being added to the game and the framerate dropping lower and lower over time, and also teammates

people don't listen to good players and just wander around aimlessly, tired of losing games we could easily win because people won't just get on the cart and shit. I was one of the best heavy players in tf2. got really old having people not stay on the cart with me while i'm racking up 20+ kills per death and shit.

was fun for a long time though. just isn't anymore. felt betrayed by the robot mode where you had to buy tickets, bought tickets and found it was zero fun. couldn't understand why they would waste development resources on a mode where you aren't even playing against players.
>>
>>320887216

The last time I played was when the Spycicle came out because that was when I realized that Valve just didn't care anymore.
>>
>valve finally fixes the puff n sting ADHD faggots who think their hot shit
>they then make W+M1 the best thing to do with pyro
its official valve has no clue on what they can/want to do with pyro, I always thought everyone saying that was a joke and valve were just lazy and didn't want to fix it because it would have taken more effort than more hats would
>>
The game went all sorts of directions after awhile. The class updates were fine and all but the scnee started to rip its self apart. the Pros hate all the new weapons and banned them at first becuase not everyone had them. Then they went on to ban things because they would halt "the game progression / delay the game". Fucking attrition was one of the best ways to drag down a team better than your in TFC. THe other half of the scene (Where i tended to stay with) just went full retard and pushed really hard for the community updates. A lot of one time weapons or really really rare drops, weapons crafting...the shit just got more and more stupid. ALso if you took more than a week off the games meta went a different direction and strategies went to hell. After two or 3 community updates i said fuckit. SOld off a bunch of my rare shit and bought other games. Last login for tf2 was sometime in April 2015 for one match then did a final uninstall. Before that it was sometime early 2014 i think.
>>
>>320907239
>>valve finally fixes the puff n sting ADHD faggots who think their hot shit

"puff n sting" was never any good against any good player playing any class. if you airblast me you will be dead before i come down.
>>
>>320907239
>for years people are asking for pyro/heavy skill indexing to make them less braindead
>WHATS THAT YOU WANT ARBITRARY BUFFS ON WEAPONS NOBODY USES AND ESCAPE PLAN RESKINS
>>
>>320907405
I know, but I literally can't aim for shit because I get really bad focal hand dystonia so actually hitting them when I am bouncing around like a yoyo is impossible to me because I get painful hand cramps if I try to do any fine aiming especially the thing I am aiming at is moving constantly
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.