[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best game of 2016. Prove me wrong!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 8
File: Metroid Prime Federation Force.jpg (12 KB, 294x171) Image search: [Google]
Metroid Prime Federation Force.jpg
12 KB, 294x171
Best game of 2016.

Prove me wrong!
>>
Never heard of it.
>>
>>320885321
I'm going to make a game for 2016. See you at the vgas :^)
>>
>>320885321
>Forgetting Mighty No. 9 comes out the same year
>>
You got any evidence to back that up?
>>
>>320885321
The Legend of Zelda
>>
File: Shrug.png (263 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Shrug.png
263 KB, 500x375
At least Zelda U will be better
>>
>>320885432
Now THATS funny
>>
Tee hee~ You're so silly anon.

Taking a game that people don't like and saying it'll be good, where is the like button?
>>
>>320885321
There has been no information on this since E3/Nintendo World Championship whatsoever, maybe they listened to the negative feedback and scrapped it
>>
>>320885321
Unless they show it in the next direct we can assume it doesn't even exist anymore.
>>
>>320887073
Why would Nintendo listen to a bunch of butthurt fanboys who don't like the game for daring to make changes?
>>
>>320885321
Prove yourself right, faggot.
>>
>>320885321
plot twist: includes an unlockable remake of metroid 2 using the zero mission engine
>>
>>320888638
I'm always amazed at Nintendo's incompetence when I think that they weren't even able to shit out a 2D Metroid in more than 10 years, and then they come out with this piece of shit.
Amazing.
>>
Counterpoint:

It isn't out yet
>>
It's canceled dipshits. Go "shitpost" about something else Metroid.
>>
What if they re-do the game from the ground up, making the objective totally different, and ends up being hunters 2.0
>>
>>320887073
If they do that they'd be even dumber than people think. The best outcome would be if they just took a step back and fixed it up a bit to be more presentable.

They'll never be able to please the completely insane fans who wish it was cancelled but hopefully they can still make a good game and please the people who aren't brain damaged.
>>
>>320892831
The problem has nothing to do with the game, but rather what the fans want and expect: A realistic first person shooter that they can brag about online.
>>
File: 1448857302417-2.jpg (83 KB, 790x900) Image search: [Google]
1448857302417-2.jpg
83 KB, 790x900
>>320885563
>Zelda U
>by 2016
>>
>>320892473
Hunters was still pretty shit. A co-op mission-based game sounds more enjoyable than another Hunters, but I wish they'd have just stuck to the established Prime artstyle rather than opting for this chibi-shit. Also speeding up the pace of the game would make it look a lot more enjoyable. There's a lot of valid criticism that this game is (rightfully) getting, but it's a shame that all of it will be hidden behind the more vocal group of people that are screaming "WHERE'S MUH SAMUS?!"
>>
>>320893893
It will come out in 2016 you stupid smug cunt.
Screencap this.
>>
>>320894054
That's pretty much my sentiments, though I don't care at all about the art style shift, they just fucked it up and it looks kind of ugly.

If they sped things up so it looked more action-packed, maybe differentiated the players a bit more so each of them had some kind of role to fulfill, and then cleaned up the models and textures a bit I bet it would look much better.

You'd still get a bunch of whiny shits saying it's bad because it's not the same as the other games but they can fuck off.
>>
>>320888996
The way Nintendo works is that that have dedicated teams for certain franchises. The team in charge of 2D Metroid would rather work on newer ips. Every other team is already full on series they work. SO the only solution would be to make up an entire new team, but they would rather spending that money on a new IP, like Splatoon.
>>
>>320888996
The 2D and 3D Metroid teams are entirely separate, just like the 2D and 3D Mario teams. The 2D team has been working on stuff like WarioWare and Tomodachi Life most of the time. They made Other M, but we all know how that turned out. Metroid Dread was also supposed to be in development, but that fell through somewhere. And now Sakamoto has said that he's done with the series. So while that means that Samus' character can't get ruined anymore, it probably means no more 2D Metroid games either.
>>
>>320885321
Anon, it has been canceled
>>
>>320895207
unless they shove it off to some 2nd or 3rd party developer
>>
>>320887936
>Show parts of a game at E3
>90%ish dislike of the game
>Hundreds of thousands demanding to cancel it
>no love for it anywhere
Perhaps you're wondering why they would continue with a game nobody wants?
>>
>>320895207
I really wouldn't even be surprised if Other M forced Nintendo to restructure some things and brush Sakamoto off to the side. At least I hope to god they did.

I wouldn't be surprised if we wind up seeing the next 2D Metroid handled by a different team altogether.
>>
>>320895207
>>320894540
Next Level was trying to make a 2D Metroid before being put on this.
It had a weird cartoon artsyle, but it would have been better than this crap for sure.
And anyway, we're talking about more than a decade. They could have found the resources, hire a third party studio to make it, and istead they did nothing.
>>
>>320895535
>We've already put a bunch of money into this and it's nearing completion
>We haven't even shown much and haven't had much of a chance to sell people on it
>But some assholes are mad that it's not a completely different game so I guess we should cancel it lol

You'd be a horrible businessman.
>>
>>320896736
Supply and demand dipshit.

If there's no demand, why supply?
>>
>>320896883
Did you ever consider that, maybe, angry nerds don't account for all customers in the world?
>>
>>320896736
The game is nothing but bed press at this point, why do you think they pretended it didn't exist after E3?
If it ever shows up again, watch it bringing down the entire direct it's showed in like how it happened in june.
>>
>>320896945
Have you ever considered that, maybe, if your primary core audience is not a fan of a game so much so, that they might tell non core fans to bother with it?
>>
>>320897143
>>320897361
You're vastly overestimating how much most people care about this. Just because it makes your blood boil and call for the death of Nintendo doesn't mean most average people give a shit.

They've literally only shown it off once, if you think they're going to cancel it now then you're probably the kind of retard that signed that dumbass petition.
>>
>>320891576

>It's canceled dipshits

Prove it, Tripfag :^)))
>>
>>320885321
It's so good it didn't even need to be mentioned in their latest direct.
>>
>>320897685
>1 out of 10 people like this game
>not going to sell to even cover the cost of making it
So uh, why would you release a game without a chance for profit? The absolute best thing to do is cut your losses and do something else.
>>
If they show it again, it'll look much better.

Look what happened with Star Fox Zero
>>
>>320897685
It's Metroid, not Pokemon. It's made for the core audience that watches Directs.
Those people that shitted on the trailer are the only ones who would have cared about the game.
>>
>>320887073
Ha! So petitions really do work
>>
>>320885321
> people bitch about metroid being shoehorned into another genre

> praise metroid prime

Double standards much?
>>
>>320898254
The fuck are you talking about?
SF0 looks the same, just with better lighting and shading.
You can't fix this disaster with just those.
>>
>>320898412
>shitted

Shat.
>>
>>320898129
>>1 out of 10 people like this game
>Youtube likes represent everybody
>>
I have a feeling we'll get an overhaul of it

It might not even appear on the 3DS anymore.
>>
>>320898638
Are you actually going to buy this game and like it? LOL
>>
Nintendo doesn't "cancel" games anymore.

If they announce it, it is coming out. For better or worse.
>>
>>320898638
see
>>320898412

It's very likely canceled since mainly the core audience would've been the once to buy it.
>>
>>320898632
Thank you professor.
>>
>>320898768
I'm curious what changes they'll make with a backlash like that. Maybe they'll try to shoehorn in some single player mode resembling a metroid game.
>>
>>320898809
If later footage looks good then yes, because I judge games on how fun they look.

>>320898878
Do you really think it's impossible for them to try and push it outside of this one particular group of people? Those numbers don't even represent all of the Metroid fans in America, let alone the whole world.
>>
>>320899195
Yes, it's pretty much impossible. This game will not profit.
>>
>>320899020
Changing the chibishit artsyle seems the most obvious choice, not that it would look much better with those sub N64 graphics anyway.
>>
>>320899313
You know maybe you should stop pretending you want it cancelled as some kind of favor to save Nintendo trouble and just admit it's out of spite because it's not the specific game you wanted.
>>
>>320899195
It will sell FAR less than Metroid Pinball.
I look forward to Reggie 's damage control, like with Other M.
>>
>>320899412
But I do want it canceled as a favor, this game will not profit.

Perhaps you should take off the nostalgia goggles and see this game as the shit game no one asked for.
>>
>>320899657
>nostalgia goggles

What the shit are you even talking about anymore?
>>
>>320899657

Not them, but I'm not going to delude myself into thinking Nintendo will suddenly cancel something they announced.
>>
Supposedly this is going to be the first step in a series of Prime games that focus on Sylux and maybe the other hunters as well.
>>
>>320899740
Your nostalgia goggles for Nintendo from playing nothing but Nintendo as a kid has blinded you from shitty choices they have made.

>>320899821
>No one wants what is announced
>Releases game anyway
>massive loss for Nintendo because no profit, doesn't even break even
That's you, that's how retarded you sound.
>>
Um, that ain't Quantum Break OP. Good try doe
>>320885321
>>
>>320899905

>Announce something
>Cancel it
>"WHY DID YOU CANCEL IT?"
>Boycott (insert company name here)!

It happens EVERY. FUCKING. TIME.

If you think I sound retarded, you should listen to yourself.
>>
Nintendo doesn't care what you faggots think: Federation Force is a great game. Anyone who actually took the time to watch the Treehouse footage can attest to that.

That, and on top of Next Level's stellar record lately, is more than enough reason to be really excited.

I can't wait for Nintendo to reveal new footage and for haters to be BTFO.
>>
>>320885321
The only way this game will be good is if everyone red-shirts in the first 5 minutes and we get customizable Bounty Hunters instead.
>>
>>320899849
Tanabe already confirmed the thing was meant to build the world of Metroid and possibly lead into Prime 4. He probably would have gone forward with Prime 4 instead if the Wii U wasn't already on its deathbed.
>>
>>320900081
>Something hated is canceled
>be angry over something hated is canceled
I'm sorry but I don't follow retarded logic, come on man, even you have to admit that if something is hatted by about 90% of the core audience wouldn't result in your scenario.

Seriously, if you think I'm retarded, run what you said through your head a few times. Then apologize to me for being a fucking retard, then never have kids.
>>
>>320900152
You should really put more effort in your b8 m8.
>>
>>320900192
He also confirmed that it was indeed Sylux at the end of Prime 3, so if this is supposed to build a world that leads into Prime 4, odds are it will flesh out some of the hunters a bit more.
>>
>>320900271
>I hate it and all of my friends hate it so that means literally everybody hates it

I don't know I'd be pretty pissed if Nintendo started letting people like you make decisions about what games are "okay" to release and which ones aren't.
>>
>>320900271

Nintendo makes it a point that they will never announce something unless it is GUARANTEED to be released. How does cancelling a product help anyone? The money is still lost and Some money gained is better than no money gained.

People like you have no business sense at all. I'd worry if you ever had children.
>>
>>320900339
Prime isn't canon
>>
>>320900505
And yet they're making another one, so they're canon in their own contained continuity.
>>
>>320900417
Holy fuck, have you not seen the youtube video you fucking retard? It literally has about a 90% dislike ratio.

>>320900491
Lets run this hypothetical
>Spend maybe around a few hundred grand on game already
>people don't like it
>cancel it to cut losses and start on something else.

Or we could
>Spend over a million on the game in total
>it sells only enough to cover 20%
>cost more then it would've to cancel it.

I hope you don't have children, you don't seem to know how business works anon.
>>
>>320900491
>additional years of development don't cost money
>damaging an IP with a game everyones hates doesn't cost money
Keep posting, you're amusing.
>>
>>320900573
There will never be another metroid prime
>>
>>320900941
Metroid PRIME: Federation Force.
>>
>>320901052
Anon, it's been canceled!
>>
>>320895408
you mean the butthurt fans made a PETITION to cancel it, but nothing official's been confirmed yet. Not that it really matters anyway, this franchise is ded
>>
>>320900339
>>320899849
>people thinking Nintendo will seriously make Prime 4
>people trusting Tanabe after this abortion, Zip Lash and Sticker Star
Kekkest of keks
>>
>>320896185
They never said it was 2D. This is made by next level. This IS that game they showed artwork for retard.
>>
>>320900825
>>320900793

I don't need further proof that you have no business acumen. You kind of shoot yourselves in the foot with your lack of general knowledge.

Not just business, but Nintendo's game development too.

If it's announced by Nintendo, they already put a significant amount of effort and money into it. They don't formally announce projects that are only in their beginning stages. Not in Nintendo Direct or at the E3 Digital Event.

You seem to be under the impression that Federation Force was only a small fraction done. But that couldn't be further from the truth.
>>
>>320901540
Regardless of how much is done, it will never profit or come close to profit. You have no business sense in releasing a game that will not profit, the best thing is to cancel it and use assets to make a different game and announce it as a different game more in line of what fans want so you can get some profit.
>>
File: 1xxd38.png (522 KB, 515x639) Image search: [Google]
1xxd38.png
522 KB, 515x639
>>320901468
No, you fucking retard.
It was a whole different game that was entirely scrapped. The leaker himself said so.
>>
File: 1450309873797.png (21 KB, 508x610) Image search: [Google]
1450309873797.png
21 KB, 508x610
>>320901540
Splatoon was announced when it was only 20% finished, and that is just the most recent example.
Yoshi WW and #FE were announced even earlier.
Try again faggot.
>>
>>320901540
Really? That Castle defense game & that robo-battle game that was announced with the WiiU, Pilotwings on the GC, Project H.A.M.M.E.R. on the Wii, and dozens of others really look good on my shel...wait...
>>
i want to give federation force a chance and all, but ill be rather sour if this is what the metroid series becomes for the next 5 years
>>
>>320901540
EarthBound 64 would like a word with you.
>>
>>320902020
>>320902260
>>320902372
BTFO
>>
>>320900793
Do you honestly believe they're going to spend that much between now and the game's release? Do you really believe the sales will be so bad that they can't make up even the amount spent between now and then? Do you really think this game is all that expensive to make? Do you really think Youtube accounts for 100% of potential customers?

Seriously, just stop and say "I'M MAD BECAUSE I WANTED A DIFFERENT METROID AND IF I DON'T WANT IT NO ONE SHOULD HAVE IT" it's more honest.
>>
>>320903756
Kid, you've already been BTFO. Stop trying, a lot of people including potential buyers are put off by the game. It's not just on person wanting this game canceled, it's tens of thousands of potential buyers.
>>
>>320903931
>Kid

You're really holding nothing back, huh
>>
>>320903931
>Youtubers
>potential buyers

lol.

At most, they'll leave angry comments on Nintendo's official YouTube channel. These people don't actual play games.

See Devil's Third and Fatal Frame.
>>
>>320904434
>youtube
>place where none buyers are and no one that potentially buys things will ever go to

Yeeeeaaaaahhhhh no, just stop trying kid. This is officially one of Nintendo's biggest flops that will eclipse Other M
>>
File: nedr.jpg (95 KB, 545x353) Image search: [Google]
nedr.jpg
95 KB, 545x353
>>320904554
>officially
>eclipse Other M
Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.