[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What am I missing guys? I've got lockpicks, my skill exceeds
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5
File: Alpha.jpg (213 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Alpha.jpg
213 KB, 1024x768
What am I missing guys?

I've got lockpicks, my skill exceeds the locks difficulty (both the main number and parenthesized number). I use lockpick on lock. Wait for bar to fill. Insufficient skill.

What am I doing wrong? Also, who else going Psi main?
>>
Probably need to hack it, psi build here
>>
>>320884167
Did you level up mechanics instead of lockpicking? I've noticed that regular locks are labeled "mechanic" which might make someone think mechanics is the lockpicking skill.
That or like anon said it's an electronic lock, in which case you need a charged haxxor.
>>
>>320886631
>think mechanics is the lockpicking skill
Oh, fuck me. Of fucking course. Thanks.
>>
This fuck game shit. It's fucking impossible, even as a combat oriented character I can barely stand up against a fucking dog. Sorry just wanted to vent but godamn I've been in the junkyard part for several hours and there is no way in hell I'll get past this part, no fucking way
>>
>>320887741
I felt like that at first, you gotta be tacticool anon.
Buy nets, grenades, molotovs, etc and use them. Kick guys in the dick, run away, and burn them to death with a molotov cocktail then shoot them while they panic.
Haven't gotten to the junkyard yet but in my experience, fire is the way to go against animals. Especially those fucking bulletproof beetles.
>>
>>320887741
>>320888087
>not being enlightened by your euphoria

Psi seems effective in this game. I was concerned it'd be useless.
>>
File: 1418188475707.jpg (22 KB, 546x431) Image search: [Google]
1418188475707.jpg
22 KB, 546x431
>>320888087
I seriously did my best, I used grenades, psi, tried to kite using leg shot, the trait that gives extra movespeed etc. Still every part is a huge ordeal and the junkyard is where I draw the line. Good luck to you other players. I just couldn't git gud
>>
>>320884167
why did they change the art style so much in the undertale sequel

is it ok to kill people in this one
>>
>>320887741
>It's fucking impossible

it's funny how much stuff like fallout 1 and 2 etc gets worshipped on this board, but this is the exact reaction most /v/ users would have playing them
>>
>>320888961
People trying to fit in isn't a joke. I enjoy seeing people struggle with CRPGs after saying how much they love "real" games or shit on bethesda.

Mind you, this isn't on /v/, it's run ins with IRL faux wrong generation gamers.
>>
>>320884167
I'm thinking of getting it.
Hows the atmosphere and music?
Are these missions or fallout style?
>>
Fucking GMS level 2 is raping me quite brutally. The situation seems pretty hopeless, at this point I'm starting to think my only option aside from rolling a new character is some hardcore savescumming.
>>
>>320888961
That's what everyone says when you play this the first time.
Give it time and people won't cry anymore because they got better at the game.
>>
>>320888757
I use psi too, just not very good at it. A telekinetic punch or a burst of ice here and there, nothing fancy
bullets>autism
>>
>>320888961
I don't know man, I never found f1&2 to be difficult. Hell you could talk your way through the first fallout and there are companions to help you in the beginning. There was no need to minmax or anything unless you fucked up and went 1 agility. But yeah some people act like dark souls is the hardest game in existence. Underrail to me though is just plain unfair
>>
>>320889556
>fallout style?
Fallout style. Music is ok. Atmosphere? Nothing to write home about.

Imagine Fallout 1's intro except worse.

I'm just starting though, so we'll see.
>>
>>320889729
I got through by chucking EMP grenades, running and shooting around corners. Took forever.
>>
>>320890031
Thanks.
>>
Writing is so bad in this game, it's worse than fallout 2
>>
>>320889729
Omnitool -> sneak
>>
File: reaper.jpg (90 KB, 256x364) Image search: [Google]
reaper.jpg
90 KB, 256x364
I recently played Co-OP Reaper of Souls on my friend's PS3 and it was the most boring game imaginable. Despite playing on that higher difficulty there was no strategy to anything, we just pushed random buttons and everything died before being able to do anything. Is the single-player and/or PC version any better?
>>
Does this game ever pick up? I'm still doing menial tasks for Deacon or Duncan or whatever the hell his name is.
>>
>>320890357
Wrong thread?

But no it's literally the same boring skinner box shit.
>>
>>320890357
That's D3 for ya, champ.
>>
>>320890081
I only have two EMP grenades, and can't craft them yet. Besides, I have exactly zero points in throwing, so my character would need to stand pretty much on top of the security bot to actually hit it. Going close enough to use a gun sounds like suicide and it isn't very effective anyway, fireballs eat up way too much psi to be useful, ice does zero damage, and force punch and mental rending aren't going to help at all.
>>
>>320890357
That's been Diablo from the start.
>>
>>320890194
I have only like 5 points in lockpicking, so that's not an option.
>>
>>320891104
Can you lockpick/are you particularly strong? You can get around the bots through the vents or possibly stealth , though I doubt it with all the cameras around.
>>
>>320888961

Fallout 1 no. Fallout 2 kind of punches you in the dick around the early-mid game if your character isn't highly tricked out for combat.
>>
File: 2014-12-31_00001.jpg (725 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2014-12-31_00001.jpg
725 KB, 1920x1080
>>320884167
Psi was hilariously overpowered in the early builds, but I heard they nerfed it for the final release. Seems you can't have an enormous psi pool anymore. Pic related, protectorate scum got what they deserved.
>>
>>320891446
Sadly no. Only 10 points in sneaking (and even that is thanks to equipment), and I'm stuck with 3 strength. Even with an adrenalin shot I can only get it up to 5.

My Will/Int/Perception Psi/Biology/Gun build is really biting me in the ass now.
>>
>>320891884
>Psi was hilariously overpowered in the early builds
Yeah, as I'm playing, I'm wondering why anyone would use guns or melee. I'm not specced to take much damage yes, but dealing with Guns actually missing being in melee range makes my psi look all the better.

I was surprised sci recharged after battle. I was sure they'd make you need to consume items to fill it up to balance it.
>>
>>320892256
>I was surprised sci recharged after battle.
I put points into guns, because I was almost sure this would happen
>>
>>320892058
It'd take literally forever but you can run and gun them with a decent firearm. I did half the damage I did to them with a 7.62mm pistol Just never let them shoot back and heal a lot.
>>
i decided to to build a melee character but never put any points into str. psi and molotovs are barely getting me around. what do i do. i have plenty of money. been mainly using metathermics
>>
>>320892868
>melee character
>no str
Walk us through that decision first please. Were you think Agi melee?
>>
>>320893042
on the creation screen it said something about being able to improve those stats later as you level up. i decided to max out my int instead and hoped to buff out my strength to more reasonable levels after a bit of playing.
>>
>>320892786
Well, at this point I don't have much to lose so I might as well try that. Hopefully I have enough money left for a decent gun. My recent combat strategy was completely built around the Tranquility/Thermodinamicity feats, so I never had to upgrade from the 5mm Hawker.
>>
>>320893313
Well, you do get a point every four levels. But you'll probably hit the level cap by the time you manage to correct that mistake.
>>
>>320893313
You can upgrade a main state every 3rd level I think
>>
>>320884167
I'm a psi main. I started clearing out some of the rats and raiders on the first floor before I realized my first objective was in the basement. It was a pretty harsh ride and I was about to reroll when someone told me psions become demigods late game.
>>
File: 1438213697434.jpg (111 KB, 288x499) Image search: [Google]
1438213697434.jpg
111 KB, 288x499
>make a sneaky sniper character that uses a submachine gun and a sniper rilfe
>set up stats
>well I don't see myself getting into melee, so substract some strength, I don't need that
>finally craft a sniper rifle
>oh boy oh boy
>Required Strength: 5

why
>>
>>320893616
might be worth checking out an electric psi power as well, good luck bruh. not sure if they have them.
>>
remember to scan rooms with tab so you can pick up containers you might miss like rubble.
>>
>>320893895
How is crafting in this game? I wanted to build a crafting based character that made all his own armor and weapons, but I was worried it'd wind up being stuff that was no better than store bought items or it'd be years before I got to point where I could actually afford/find materials to make something useful to me.
>>
>>320894042
Holy shit, I completely forgot I hit level five when I arrived to GMS and that now I meet the requirements for the electric power. Thanks, anon. I don't have enough cash for the training, but maybe if someone buys an anglerfish from me that will cover it. But that means no new gun. I'll have to think this through.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.