[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck am i doing wrong /v/? i have a 50 loss streak as
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: header.jpg (38 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
38 KB, 460x215
What the fuck am i doing wrong /v/? i have a 50 loss streak as the default Isaac. When i had Rebirth pirated minus DLC i was doing great and had azazel and lazarus and eve unlocked, and won at least once, but Afterbirth makes the game much harder?
>>
You probably just suck. Have fun doing lost hush runs by the way.
>>
Too bad.
>>
have you tried playing a good game?
>>
>>320883157
>50 loss streak in anything Isaac
You're bad, or the least lucky person in the world
>>
>>320883441
i do get shit items every fucking time
>>
Having to beat mother 10 times and THEN beat Jesus and Satan 5 times each to reach the boss before the true final boss is kind of shit.
Are there cheats for this game so that I can bypass this? I enjoy it but I honestly can't feel arsed to repeat the game too many times when runs are frustrating as fuck a lot of times.
>>
>>320883783
It's not a grind, it's a tutorial so you won't get fucking destroyed. I bet you only consider it a grind because you don't win every time. I think Cobalt has legitimately never died after B2 and before Mom since Afterbirth was out, for example.

You need to git gud before they'll let you go on.
>>
>>320885067
It's too much.
I honestly don't want to bother with shit runs since they take eternally long to beat
>>
>>320885160
You can hold R to reset your run, do it if you're SURE you won't last one more floor to save time. Don't get addicted to it as it's a crutch.
>>
Vita when?
>>
Sounds like you need to get good, OP.

Try watching some runs so you get an idea of what items to take and what to leave.

Also it's easier with a controller.

Beyond that...get good, scrublord.
>>
>>320883783
So you just want to unlock the final bosses, beat them, then stop playing? That's not how it works, the game was intended to be played for hundreds of hours. You might as well stop now.

As a side note, what you think is a shit run probably isn't, it's just you. Do you even understand fundamental gameplay elements like devil deals and tinted rocks?
>>
>>320885067
>>320885160
this shit right here is why i just can't play isaac anymore. it's too heavily reliant on RNG, meaning unless you're a turbo autist who spends literally every waking moment playing the game (like cobalt), if you don't get any good items you're going to have an agonizingly slow and boring run before dying 20 minutes into it (even further compounded if you play on hard, which you need to do for 100%)
>>
>>320885638
Scrub confirmed, get out.

Good players know how to use what the RNG gives them to win consistently.

You are not a good player. There's the door, bye.
>>
File: 2015-12-13_00001.jpg (167 KB, 1361x773) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-13_00001.jpg
167 KB, 1361x773
help
>>
>>320885638
I only have like 150 hours in Rebirth and I still never die unless I'm playing Keeper or The Lost. You just have to not get hit and learn the munchkin mindset.
>>
>>320885160
Hold R until a golden room appears on the first room you spawn in.
Now ask yourself: "Will this item carry me through the game?" If the answer is yes, pick up the item and continue. If the answer is no, Hold R and try again.

Also, you should be disappointed in yourself you CASUAL
>>
>>320885602
I know about them
Too many times I don't have enough hearts that makes devil deals too risky, and I know about the damned rocks that most of the time contain key chests that give pills which are singlehandedly the worst items in the game and only two of them are good.
And yes I want to play the final bosses without having to spend hours playing over and over with bad runs. Is that too bad to ask?
>>320885995
I also know this fag
Still not enough when subsequent rooms give me shit items.
>>
Unlock jera
Unlock blank card
Go to a room where 2 batteries are use the blank card over and over
Find a room with a few chests
Usually a challenge room
Do blank card over and over
Collect 1000 items
Win game.
>>
File: 1431791399516.jpg (34 KB, 448x401) Image search: [Google]
1431791399516.jpg
34 KB, 448x401
Binding of Isaac is around 20 percent skill and 80 percent what items you pick up. Unless you get shitloads of damage/get a game breaking combo it's not worth going past the first couple of floors, because the game then turns into grindy slop. This is what happens when you let RNG permeate your entire game.

I Platinum Godded the first game, and just bought Rebirth recently. I have already put in hundreds of hours into this series, I don't think anybody would blame me if I set my damage to about twice the normal amount starting out to stop each round starting with me getting Cursed Eye or the Black Bean.
>>
File: LlHmsbG.png (67 KB, 339x112) Image search: [Google]
LlHmsbG.png
67 KB, 339x112
>>320885824
if being a good player means prolonging a base-damage-base-tears run for an hour til the chest then i'll gladly stop playing
>>
>>320886234
>i'll gladly stop playing

That's all we ask.
>>
>>320883157
Have you tried dodging the enemy projectiles?

Works for me. It's one of those games where you've got to keep moving.
>>
>>320886434
i do but i end up moving too much and my shots never hit
>>
>>320886186
Dead bodies, dead bodies all over the street
Fifty-five, sixty-five bodies at least
I hang with the stiffs till the break of dawn
I'm always finding bodies when I'm mowing the lawn

Drag 'em in the house, throw 'em in the oven
Wicked clown lovin' that dead body grubbin'
Tastes like chicken finger lickin' deep fried
I ate a dead body, but don't tell, I lied

I just ate my first dead body last week
Still got a finger nail caught in my teeth
Before you start yellin' and cursin' my name
Remember something's wrong with my brain, insane

Second I was born, doctor threw me against the wall
Kicked open the doors and he whipped me down the hall
I'm slidin' and I'm bouncin' off shit like a hockey puck
And my mother's like, "What the fuck?"

He said I was born of an alien race
Born with a hatchet and a face
But I'm not a Martian, you wouldn't understand
I'm just a dead body man

We got bodies, dead bodies
We got fat ones, skinny ones
Males, females, hermaphrodites
We got somebodies, we got nobodies
Bodies, bodies, bodies, whoo!
>>
>>320883157
Learn new ways to abuse synergies
Learn new boss patterns.
Don't get hit.
You are now gud
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.