[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>FAQ by A l e x
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
File: 1422223086380.gif (2 MB, 500x404) Image search: [Google]
1422223086380.gif
2 MB, 500x404
>FAQ by A l e x
>>
Why are you using a 400k FAQ instead of the 2MB one by steve.. you're missing out on all the commentary and all the story insight to make 100% sure you guess all the story before it happens as you skim through the 10 paragraph to figure out where the mention of the thing item you might miss for your 100% game is.
>>
>>320876398
Ctrl + F, nigga.
>>
>get to the one slightly tricky part
>finally use a gameFAQs guide for the first time in a decade
>none of the guides explain it or even mention it

AM I THE CRAZY ONE HERE
>>
>>320876398
>one faq gives you neat item checklist to make sure you miss nothing, with only simple notes/directions so you don't cross points of no returns while missing stuff
>few areas in, realize you've found items the FAQ isn't even listing
>check another FAQ
>it has the items you've been getting
>but he's telling the story of his life along them
>>
>>320876843
>crossreferencing the two FAQs and annotating a third text document to compile them
>upload your own better FAQ afterward
>>
I remember long ago when you had trouble figuring which FAQ to use.

Now it's either the japanese wiki, a shitty youtube walkthrough that doesn't show what you actually want to know, and the trophy guide
>>
>>320877101
cjayc was a fucking kike and after he sold gamefaqs out, everything went to shit. turns out when you're relying on the community to generate your content, taking a dump on them can actually ruin the site. who woulda tunk it
>>
File: faqs.jpg (117 KB, 1067x736) Image search: [Google]
faqs.jpg
117 KB, 1067x736
>>320876609
>>
>>320877101
>playing deception IV: nightmare princess
>"god damn, can't figure how to get S rank on the long range-only hits 46k ARK combo -- the japanese wiki is making it sound like rocket science pushing an iron ball around to make it long range.. need an example"
>youtube walkthrough of that area is the only video available
>the guy isn't combo'ing and doing single-hits
>C rank
t-thanks
>>
>>320877331
also my favorite part was how people were telling them they would leave and the mods/admins never fixed anything/gave no fucks
>>
>>320877331
I think Moot and other web administrators learned from his mistake.

He promised that he would not sell the site to a corporation that knew nothing of games, along with no annoying ads, or integration with IGN. Then turned around and did just that.

The moderators on GameFaqs were out for blood after the sale. IGN's integration ruined the speed of the site. Anyone who mentioned it was instantly banned.
>>
>>320877795
i don't think so. neofag made a similar mistake to gamefaqs. i'm not sure if the elf sold out, but he started banning people that would otherwise be the core of the posters from his shitty forum and went full nazi on anyone against the professional victims and whatnot. it was very similar to what happened with gamefaqs
>>
>>320877101
while playing Freedom Wars I was playing with that 1 guy working on a FAQ (helped him rush story on a replay in a single sitting, along with testing a few mechanics)

it was pretty much all about going FAST so he could get some award or some shit, and how nothing would matter if he wasn't first

then he got mad some other guy released one by compiling info from random posts, mostly lost interest and released an half-finished one for the hell of it
>>
>>320877382
Faqs that actually detail every aspect of a game instead of just being a blog about the faq writer's personal experience with said game is an unfortunate rarity.
>>
File: 1245257258199.jpg (20 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1245257258199.jpg
20 KB, 480x480
>FAQ by A l e x
>FAQ by Split Infinity
>FAQ by Shotgunnova
God bless those autists, wherever they are.
>>
Has a photo of CJayC ever been found? I'm always amazed in all the years he ran that site no one posted what he looked like.
>>
>>320878142
...and I see that a year later, it's still the only two FAQs with no updates

and the first one is higher rated
>>
File: cute, cute!, CUTE!.gif (636 KB, 500x545) Image search: [Google]
cute, cute!, CUTE!.gif
636 KB, 500x545
>>320875772
Chaika sure is cute, but not as cute as Yui 2bh
>>
>>320877382
Maybe you're just bad and the guide creator just assumed you were competent? JRPGs are some of the easiest roleplaying games out there.
>>
>>320879798
they typically expect you've followed the guide and got everything there was to find/do (even obscure stuff you're unlikely to find without a guide) and got overleveled in the process
>>
>>320879943
..although better guides typically state strategies/weakness to abuse/equips to use/etc.. even on mundane fights

so even if you were doing a low level challenge or some shit, it's still useful to get you through
>>
>>320877382
haha yes nailed it
>>
>>320878695
Where's Kouli though?
The faggot actually charges for his guides now. Fuck him.
>>
File: 1449200528599.png (70 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1449200528599.png
70 KB, 184x184
>>320877382
>Beltan Zipper
>>
>>320878695
AIex is pretty much my go-to author if I ever need to look at a FAQ still. What a pro.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.