[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been on a relentless RPG binge this month, but nothing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: log2_keyart_1920x1080.jpg (428 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
log2_keyart_1920x1080.jpg
428 KB, 1920x1080
I've been on a relentless RPG binge this month, but nothing is satiating my lust for murdering fantasy creatures.

I've beaten
>Legend of Grimrock 2
>Shadowrun Dragonfall
>Shadowrun Hong Kong
>Wasteland 2
>Final Fantasy X
>Divinity: Original Sin
I just want an RPG that isn't going to abruptly end on me. I want to be able to enjoy the progress I make with my characters in the game and actually take advantage of their strengths.

Any recommendations, /v/?
>>
>>320873402
Literally the only RPG in your "list" is Wasteland II and it was mediocre at best.
>>
Pillars of Eternity?
>>
>>320873493
Those are all RPGs anon, don't be retarded.

>>320873509
I beat that a few months back.
>>
>>320873402
Jesus you have way too much spare time.

Try Kingdoms of Amalur maybe. It has plenty of weak points but you do slaughter plenty of fantasy creatures. Or Overlord 2.
>>
The Last Remnant.
Looks like a fairly generic strategy-ish JRPG at first, but it goes into dwarf fortress tier of autism with hidden mechanics.
Sure you could just play the game and don't FUCKING grind so you're able to beat it (yes you read that correctly).
Or you could read a wiki for 30 hours and go maximum autism on the game and build crazy characters and squads.
>>
Albion.

It's old as fuck but it's great. It's on GoG for 6 bucks.
>>
>>320873402
I've been emulating a ton of JRPGs recently. My favorites are Grandia (although I've heard the second one is also good) and Rogue Galaxy. The former is a nice take on the turn based system, and the latter has combat reminiscent of Kingdom Hearts.
>>
>>320873402
Try Dark Messiah. It's kinda light on the RPG elements, but it gives you quite a few ways to kill fantasy creatures.
Orcs did nothing wrong
>>
>>320875224
>Quite a few ways
>Not just kicking everything into everything else
>>
http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=9453

You're welcome.
>>
>>320873402
You could try emulating Xenoblade, Witcher 1and 3 are also pretty long games.
>>
>>320875820
>recommending Witcher 3
He asked for games
>>
Dungeon Kingdom: sign of the moon has good reviews
>>
>>320876161
Yeah. And witcher 3 is a great game.
>>
Vagrant Story has a New game+ mode that lets you carry your stuff over, and opens up new and harder content. I think it might be something like what your looking for. Also amazing game. Otherwise tactics ogre: let us cling together had some endless dungeon thing iirc.
>>
>>320873402
Try Age of Decadence AND Underrail OP; 2015 best RPGs.
>>
Icewind dale 1 is also nice, 2 to a lesser extent. BG 2 will let you slaughter high level monsters by the hundreds.
>>
File: 1438737089923.png (39 KB, 321x322) Image search: [Google]
1438737089923.png
39 KB, 321x322
I want to get into the top down style RPGs when the steam sale kicks off soon. what would you guys recommend for someone new to the genre?

Pillars of Eternity or Divinity: Orginal Sin enhanced edition? These are the two that i've been tossing up so far
>>
>>320880743
I would recommend Age of Decadence or Underrailbinstead, but between those two I would take Div:OS
>>
>>320880743
Divinity broke the genre open to me.
>>
>>320881428
This might be a taboo question but, i noticed Divinity has full controller support. Is that decent or should i just stick to keyboard and mouse?
>>
>>320873402
Pleb tier RPG, go beat Wizardry 8
>>
>>320881263
Underrail is fun, but would you really recommend it as a first game?
>>
>>320882894
Its no his first, beses it's a pretty good game.
>>
>>320883975
Besides*
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.