[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just fired up pic related and 13 years later this game is still
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: 5240-1.jpg (284 KB, 1503x1875) Image search: [Google]
5240-1.jpg
284 KB, 1503x1875
I just fired up pic related and 13 years later this game is still bad ass. Will we ever get another SW game as awesome as this?
>>
>>320863302

Unfortunately no. Jedi Outcast is the Half Life 2 of Star Wars games. Nothing can ever reach it.
>>
>>320863302
Try Jedi Knight 3.
>>
>>320863302
No we wont, any future Jedi Knight would be a multiplat console release as well, and control pads would ruin the combat. Like they have done to so many FPS games.
>>
>>320863302
Something about seeing that logo that hits me right in the feels.
Played that game to death. Played the single player far too much for a game that offers so little replayability, and then I decided to play multiplayer.
Ended up playing that an ungodly amount of time, and ended up with a lively RP server that went on for months.

Doubt any game will give me that much fun ever again.
>>
you'll have to wait for ea to drop star wars license
>>
>>320863302
As awesome as this? No, because no Kyle Motherfucking Katarn
>>
>>320864506
Jedi Outcast was on Xbox and GameCube.

Academy was on Xbox.
>>
>>320863302
im glad that game is much better than when kylo ren killed his father han solo
>>
>>320864478
It wasn't nearly as good
>>
>>320863302
No, sorry, because LucasArts was kill.
>>
>>320864478
I've played Jedi Academy. It's a great game and I have a lot of nostalgia for it as well but Outcast is better.
>>
>still haven't gotten my lightsaber yet

getting bored with it lads desu
>>
I think it's because it focuses on both gunplay and lightsaber mechanics. It's a perfect balance of the two.

Great game. Might have to play it again soon.

It's less than a McDonald's sandwich on Steam most days.
>>
>>320865983
The autoaim is bullshit with guns. Luckily it can be disabled with a console command.
>>
>>320866110
Original Jedi Knight was way better for guns
>>
>>320864478
>Academy as good as Outcast
>no Kyle Katarn
>>
>>320864112
>Nothing can ever reach it

Except you know, the games that were better than it.
Like TIE Fighter.
Don't get me wrong, I love Jedi Outcast but TIE Fighter is clearly the superior game.
>>
>>320866784
That's like comparing sportscars to boats
>>
>>320867093
And? They did that all the time on Top Gear.
>>
>>320866784
TIE Fighter and JK:JO are 2 different genres. Comparing them beyond which was more fun is pointless because of how different their playstyles are.

Official Dark Forces Power Rankings

TOP TIER
Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy Multiplayer (above JO only because of dual sabers and staves)
Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast Multiplayer
Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight Campaign
AWESOME TIER
Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast Campaign
Dark Forces Campaign
TONY HAWK'S UNDERGROUND TIER
Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy Campaign
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.