[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I haven't seen any threads for this in a while. Is anyone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5
File: IMG_20151112_184652.jpg (274 KB, 1024x1236) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151112_184652.jpg
274 KB, 1024x1236
I haven't seen any threads for this in a while.

Is anyone hyped for Twilight Princess HD? I'm looking forward to it.

Also, are there any games coming out for the Wii U between now and twilight in March ?
>>
Not really. I never finished it on the Wii. I doubt I'll bother with this one.
>>
I'm looking forward to it.

I know I'll get shit for this but they should have stylized the visuals more imo. Not a whole lot, but a bit more than just making better textures, something that fits a bit better with how hilariously low poly it can be at times.

The realistic style seriously doesn't do it any favors. I think they could have played around a little bit with the colors more and possibly some degree of cel-shading.
>>
Twilight Princess is the only Zelda game I want to play again, so yeah, I'm hyped.

I just hope they add Skyward Sword's motion controls to the game, that would unquestionably make it the perfect Zelda.
>>
>>320849491
I'm going to get the game, just not at release.
And no, I don't think there are any upcoming releases.
>>
Eh. It doesn't look like they did much while TWW HD had a ton of little changes to it. I'm very curious as to how/what/why the Wolf Link amiibo will connect to Zelda U. I feel like if I cave and get the bundle I'll be disappointed and if I don't I'll miss something pretty cool.
>>
>>320849747
I honestly love TP's art style, so I don't want them to stylize the game any further than it already is, especially not to the point of outright cel-shading. But I sure hope to god that they smooth some of the environment geometry for the final release.

>>320849984
The only major visual change TWW HD that TP HD doesn't seem to have thus far was a revamped lighting engine, and I honestly felt that that was kind of detriment to TWW's aesthetic.
We literally don't know anything about TP HD's gameplay tweaks aside from "there will be some," so I guess we'll see.
>>
>>320849984
To be fair, they haven't said anything but that it exists. We don't really know what's changed or not.
>>
>>320849765
Eugh, no, I want them to keep Skyward Sword's shitty combat system as far away from future Zeldas as possible.
>>
Had they ported over TP Zelda and Link models/textures from Hyrule Warriors, and maybe some of the graphic textures and models from the TP stages and designs, then I would definitely see a point in purchasing this as it'd be more than just a port with some cleaner textures.

Amiibo functionality will not amount to anything, at most it'll probably heal Link or something.
>>
>>320851182
And I don't think you can go back to combat as primitive as previous Zeldas.
>>
I'll look forward to it when I know for sure that Hero Mode is confirmed. Much as I like TP, I'm gonna need more than spruced-up visuals to double dip, and ANY boost in difficulty would be appreciated.

>>320852131

If you want to argue raw mechanics then SS is a massive step down from TP. The only thing it does better is allow you to do basic swings in any direction. TP has much more mechanical versatility than SS.
>>
>>320852131
>Swordfighting with actual footwork and timing is primitive compared to "stand in place like a goober and pick the correct angle from this selection of 8 canned slash animations to get past the enemy's comically cartoonish guard animation"
The only problem with previous Zelda combat is that TP gave you a variety of movement options and specialized attacks to work with but neglected to make the enemies more clever and dynamic to compensate. But Skyward Sword's combat is a joke in comparison. If it was actually 1:1 sword control like in Wii Sports Resort or Battle Quest, it'd be one thing, but it's not.
>>
>>320849491
I'm looking forward to it. Happy they're keeping the original art style instead of smudging it up like WWHD, it's also nice to finally have a definitive version of the game.
>>
>>320853204

I dunno about definitive just yet. It's not out and information is scarce so we don't know if they fucked something up or not. Case in point, I thought the original version of MM was so excellent that when I heard about MM3D's changes I didn't even bother buying it. I'm going with the "guilty until proven innocent" angle on this one, and amiibo functionality confirmed while there's no word on a Hero Mode/Master Quest isn't exactly getting my hopes up.
>>
>>320853514
I thought the idea that there wouldn't be a hero mode seemed like it should be silly, when boosted damage and removed heart drop values is such a trivial change, but then I remembered MM3D didn't have it and I guess that really is a genuine concern.
>>
File: 1450633482795.png (126 KB, 655x666) Image search: [Google]
1450633482795.png
126 KB, 655x666
>>320849491
Already played the superior version on PC.
>>
File: 1450578962488.jpg (24 KB, 784x904) Image search: [Google]
1450578962488.jpg
24 KB, 784x904
>inb4 someone posts the superior dolphin mod
>>
>>320849491
Not worth it.
PC retextures do a better job than what nintendo did. And on top of it charging 60$ is a straight insult.
>>
File: 1375114475940.png (130 KB, 509x338) Image search: [Google]
1375114475940.png
130 KB, 509x338
>>320849491
Only interested if the update the soundtrack to all live instruments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sDk9LM60qg
>>
>>320853981

I assume nothing until I see confirmation. I will hope, but I will not assume.
>>
>>320854247

This would also be fucking excellent. TP has a pretty solid, if not understated OST on a compositional level but the MIDI doesn't do it any favors.
>>
>>320854097
Boy, I sure hope you're not talking about that bump-mapping mod with the hideous textures and fucked-up lighting.
>>
i started playing majora's mask 3d

what is this fucking hint rock
>>
>>320854173
I have literally never seen a fanmade HD texture pack that looked good for anything that wasn't just attempting to directly recreate the base textures at a higher resolution.
Usually you get shit like HD photos of grass, tree bark, and fabric textures just shoved into the game as-is instead of making any attempt at cohesion.
>>
>>320854247
What a loud mess.
>>
>>320854097
>>320854036
The delusion pc fags have is border line mental illness
>>
is there any way to get it without the amiibo? I dont want it
>>
>>320849491
>that figurine
Jesus christ why is Midna so lewd
>>
>>320856365

There probably will be but I don't know if they'll have releases with just the game on day 1.
>>
>>320854247
What a daft cunt.
>>
Someone is going to hotglue that Link.
>>
Sure I am. I thought WWHD and MM3D did fantastic things in terms of gameplay improvements, I'm excited to see what they'll do with TP. Above all, there's the inevitable Hero Mode which TP needs more badly than any other Zelda.
>>
>>320856365
but think of all the jewbux you can make
>>
>>320851182

Fortunately they can't ever do that because they can't have a game require a last-gen peripheral to be played. The most gimmicky we're going to get is the map on the gamepad and gyro-aiming, which works extremely well if Splatoon is any indication.
>>
>>320849491
I never played the Original because fuck the Gamecube and the Wii, fucking awful consoles.
But maybe I'll steal this game and play it.
Nintendo doesn't deserve my money.
>>
>>320854247

WWHD had an updated midi soundtrack that sounded really nice in places. TPHD might do that.
>>
>>320852746
>actual footwork and timing
Please do not post while under the influence of drugs. There was no depth or finesse whatsoever to Zelda combat at any point in time before Skyward Sword. Even in Twilight Princess you were just mashing buttons while occasionally dodgeing and blocking. Skyward Sword forced you to ALWAYS be aware of what the enemy was doing and act accordingly. As far as enemy and combat design goes, there is no beating that game.
>>
>>320852632
>TP has much more mechanical versatility than SS.
Now this is just dumb.
>>
>>320849491
I just want the Amiibo.
Will it be sold separately? I really don't wanna have to import it.
>>
>>320857557
>tfw almost iosu exploit
I already bought this game ages ago so I don't even feel bad about pirating it
>>
>>320857681

How so? TP has the basic swordplay set from OoT/MM, WW's QTE's repurposed into secret skills on top of several other secret skills, many of which were omitted from SS. Hell, you can even run and swing your sword or engage in swordplay on horseback. SS basically has the basic moveset with basic swings in any direction, sword beams via skyward strike (which are cool), and 2 of TP's 7 special skills - the finishing blow and shield attack. That's pretty clearly an overall step down in technique and ESPECIALLY in maneuverability, of which SS is an absolute joke compared to even the N64 games.
>>
>>320849491
But Twilight Princess was the first truly shit Zelda game, why would anyone be hype for it?
>>
>>320859189

Nah, there's nothing TP is a first of that WW didn't already accomplish. WW was the beginning of Zelda's decline from sincere greatness, though ALBW is the best Zelda since the Oracles if I'm to ignore my own biases.
>>
>>320857606
>implying Skyward Sword's combat had depth and/or finesse
Are you fucking high? SS's combat was a pick-an-angle minigame, followed by waggling the controller when your opponent was off guard.
>>
>>320859648

This. SS's combat was basically a dressed-up puzzle the vast majority of the time. Almost all of SS consisted of dressed-up puzzles, though.
>>
I want to replay because I forgot so much about it.

I remember liking it, but its all hazy as fuck.
Got that issue with many games from that time specifically.
Dont have that issue with PS1 and N64 games for some odd reason.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.