[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SOTFS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 11
>people complain about soul memory
>instead of removing it they give you a retarded solution where you have to waste a ring slot and completely stop earning souls

>people complain about gank squads
>spam gank squads everywhere and in larger numbers

>people complain about the shitty lore
>add more forced shitty lore

>people complain about cheap bullshit deaths
>add more le prepare to die and dis is dark souls memes

>didn't fix the hitboxes
>didn't ix frigid outskirts
>instead of giving us the network test lighting they just added an artificial filter that gets automatically enabled in dark areas to make them look darker
>randomly change item/enemy placement/locations

What was the point of this remaster again?
>>
60 fps
>>
pc cucks will defend this game
>>
>>320829705
60fps won't fix a shit game.
>>
>>320829761
no, we dont
>>
>didn't fix the hitboxes
Fucking this. Hitboxes on some enemies are still retarded as all fucks, they didn't even try.
>>
>>320829873
>implying
I always see you fags praising it as the best in the series.
>>
>>320829897
I don't understand how can they can fuck up the hitboxes so bad. Thank god they're using Bloodborne engine instead of DaS2 shitty custom made engine for Dark Souls 3.
>>
File: regret.webm (3 MB, 768x480) Image search: [Google]
regret.webm
3 MB, 768x480
>>320830272
Confirmed for BB, and it' pretty obvious if you've seen network test videos.
>>
File: old man yells at cloud.jpg (70 KB, 540x304) Image search: [Google]
old man yells at cloud.jpg
70 KB, 540x304
>>320829970
bait
>>
>>320830272
>>320830354
nvm, I can't read
But yeah, DS2 engine can fuck itself.
>>
>>320829970
Not even him but no they don't. People say the dlc is good and that's about it.
>>
>>320829497
DS2 started as a pc exclusive, they just listened to the masterrace audience.

I feel sorry for my Xbros and Sonyfams
>>
>>320829970
I praise from's dlc being good as usual
>>
>>320830404
DLCs are not even that good too. Only Ivory King stands out, but it's too obviously designed with co-op in mind.
>>
>>320829497
>didn't fix the fact that no invasions ever happen

all they had to do

was make cracked red orbs/blue orbs free on their covenant NPCs

but they didn't
>>
>>320829497
So you're saying I should just play based Dark Souls II with DLCs instead of this new version?
>>
>>320830730
you should pirate it
>>
File: 1435627281517.jpg (23 KB, 360x240) Image search: [Google]
1435627281517.jpg
23 KB, 360x240
>join Way of Blue
>never see anyone appear to help me

>join Blue Sentinels
>cannot invade
>cannot invade
>cannot invade
>cannot invade
>cannot invade
>no Token of Fidelity, go invade

>only invasion heavy zone is Anor Londo 1.5, Dedicated Automatic Covenant Summon Zone aka belltower and Dedicated Convenient PvP Location aka lavaland bridge

DS2 fixed covenants, they said. Every covenant is worthwhile, they said.
>>
>>320829497
I liked it.
>>
>>320830404
>>320830492
DLC is as bad as the main game.
Gank squads with enemies that have excessive amount of hp and can't be staggered everywhere, rehashed bosses, and bullshit areas that you have to suffer through just to fight a boss (Sir Alone/Blue Smelter/Frigid Outskirts).
Their only redeeming factor is the level design.
>>
>>320831391
>Their only redeeming factor is the level design.
they're not even that good
>>
>>320830625
True, but by the time you can are able to but inf red eye orbs, you have plenty of souls to spare. The price and early limit on how many you can buy are to prevent nooblords like op from getting raped in pvp in NG.
>>
>>320830457
>DS2 started as a pc exclusive
Really? The only thing I remember is them stating that PC was the main platform for development, and that they had made their new engine with PC in mind.
>>
>>320829497
Soul Memory was a mistake, but the arena (where good people actually fight) is SL based matchmaking. Invasions happen plenty in NG+.

Gank squads are going to be shit no matter what. I liked the additional phantom limit, It was fun fighting a retard buffed Fume Knight in NG+ with bonus hp from 4 phantoms.

DS2 fell into a trap, the whole point of DS1-2-3 is that Dark souls 1 shows the start of the cycle, Dark souls 2 shows that the Cycle continues for a long time, and Dark souls 3 shows the breaking of the cycle, so DS2 just feels like a rehash in terms of lore.

Outside of wallghosts in the undead crypt I can't think of any truly cheap bullshit.

Frigid outskirts are easy with a big weapon

The network test lighting not being added was bullshit. Still not sure why, because there are some areas where the dynamic shadows look really nice when they actually show up.

The problem with DS2 mechanically is that for some reason during a roll, your hitbox stays in the same place you were standing before you rolled, until you are ~75% through the roll.

This means in order to actually dodge things with the roll you need the I-Frames from AGI/ADP.

This also means that if you have the stats, you can make yourself a tanky motherfucker and still have perfect rolls, instead of having to limit yourself.

I felt that for the most part the weapons felt faster and more fun to control than DS1, and PvP having hitconfirm on the attackers side and dodge on the defenders side was a lot better, but it has a few problems with spears and rapiers being able to hit you no matter if you roll out of the attack or not because it can hit twice before you can roll twice. The problem with high level pvp though is that because rolling is so easy, you need a weapon that can catch rolls, either offhand or to switch to, and literally no big weapon falls into that category. I still managed to get to R3 in BoB with FUGS 536-36 though. so the big weapons aren't that shit.
>>
>>320830730
Yes definitely.
The new item/enemy placement is retarded.
>>
File: 1438362855613.png (2 MB, 987x915) Image search: [Google]
1438362855613.png
2 MB, 987x915
>pirates and dwarves are now a part of DS lore
>>
>>320831541
and then they butchered it to cater to consolefags for "parity" purposes
and then they sold it a second time with marginally improved lighting
>>
>>320829761
Hmmm.
>>320829705
Hmmmmmmmmm...

The only people actually defending DaS2 are the people who can't play Bloodborne because "MUH BRAND LOYALTY PROHIBITS ME FROM ENJOYING ANYTHING UNLESS IT'S ON THE PLATFORM THAT LITERALLY DEFINES MY EXISTENCE!"

Join the Idort Master Race and stop being such a bunch of poorfags.
>>
>>320829497
Forgot to mention:
>locked a bunch of areas behind a branch of yore for no reason
>made the entirety of Dragon Aerie optional
>added a bunch of suicidal zombies that break your item when they explode (or whatever they're called) that get agro in groups everywhere
>>
>>320830848
>>320831626
Ok thanks, I wasn't sure

I mean I heard about that Pursuer follows you shit and that sounded interesting

are there standalone torrents of DLCs that are not hardcoded into the game?
>>
>>320831391
I just like the bosses that aren't the "co-op" ones. Alone, Fume and Sinh are fucking great fights and all areas are good looking and are well designed other than their enemies
the ganksquads are part of DS2 design, not saying that its good, its horrible
>>
>>320831424
They are better than any level in the main game at least.
>>
>>320831929
that isn't exactly a challenge
>>
>>320831754
>and then they butchered it to cater to consolefags for "parity" purposes
I don't think that's the case, otherwise we would have gotten the per-release lighting in the remaster.
They probably needed more time but had to rush the game.
>>
>>320829761
Here let me do that for you

>instead of removing it they give you a retarded solution where you have to waste a ring slot and completely stop earning souls
Not quite a good solution, but reasonable.

>spam gank squads everywhere and in larger numbers
Its actually a rebalance. Some area have lesser gank, while most of the time for others have a mechanic attached to them that make them easy to be dealt with

>add more forced shitty lore
DaS2 actually have more effort put into its lore with the exposition though the game as well as more explanation on loose end.
DaS for example, dump the majority of it 'lore' in the opening vid.

>add more le prepare to die and dis is dark souls memes
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1780AqAa20

>didn't fix the hitboxes
>didn't ix frigid outskirts
All Souls game have this issue anon.
The hitbox is flawed to the core, there is no 'fixing' it without reworking everything

>instead of giving us the network test lighting they just added an artificial filter that gets automatically enabled in dark areas to make them look darker
The network test IS the artificial filter. Not to mention how shitty it ran.

>What was the point of this remaster again?

Its not a remaster.
>>
>>320831553
What platform do you play the game on?
>>
>>320831895
Yeah some of the bosses were great. Fume Knight is one of my favorite bosses in the Souls series.
>>
>>320832092
>Its not a remaster.
The trailer for it literally mentions that it is a remaster.
>>
>All these people saying fume and alonne were good
Did we even play the same fucking game?
>>
File: 42221694.png (164 KB, 240x428) Image search: [Google]
42221694.png
164 KB, 240x428
>>320831046
>pvp faggots shat on bloodborne when it went out for low pvp activity
>now with DLC and patches that fixed invasion ranges and connectivity bb's pvp activity is over the fucking roof to the point we're always getting invaded while helping people to coop through through the locations and can invade in under a minute
>meanwhile DS2 was dead in terms of online activity in 3 months
>>
>>320831804
Im actually hooked on DaS2 really hard but i still cant wait to get bloodborne. Already ordered it and cant wait to get into it.
>>
>>320829705
it was 60 fps originally you mong
>>
>>320831804
Played both, prefered DaS2.
>>
>>320830457
>they just listened to the masterrace audience.

you mean the people that begged for the game?
>>
>>320832058
They cut the lightning engine when they shifted the focus back to consoles, and couldn't be bothered to actually finish it for the remaster since they were working BB and DS3.
>>
>>320834796
The network test on PS3 had the original lighting though.
>>
>>320831553
Weapon balance was the best in DS2, there's a lot stuff you can do and get away with. Too bad for soul memory fucking the game up, and having to dump points into getting agi up to get the super roll back.
>>
>>320831804
I have played all Souls games and Bloodborne, finished all of them at least 4 times, except DeS which I finished just once.

I prefer DaS2 because the gameplay is more tactical. In bloodborne everything is too fast, healing, stamina recovery, dodging, attacking,etc. This not only makes the game more spammy and less accurate ( I have done countless mistakes in bloodborne, just like healing in the wrong moment but since healing is so fast it doesn't matter). Bloodborne is a very forgiving game and it is only hard when it decides to give enemies a buttload of HP or when it OHKOs you (chalice dungeons).

Also bloodborne has way less content than the other games. The DLC kinda fixed that though.
Still, the PvP is just not fun in bloodborne, it's garbage, and NG+ scaling is terrible. Everything takes a tons of hits to kill.

What bloodborne does better than every souls game is level design, atmosphere, lore, etc. But it's not as fun or replayable as the other games, not even close.
>>
File: str-blt.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
str-blt.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>320835212
>PvP is just not fun in bloodborne
It's way funnier than slow shitfest of a WR R1 mashing that i saw in my 900 hours of DS2.
>>
>>320835693
Are you implying bloodborne PvP is less of an R1 fest?
>>
File: THE COSMOS COMETH.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
THE COSMOS COMETH.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>320836056
Of course if you ever actually tried to use movesets.
Any r1 mashing retard is going to be cockblocked in pvp by people who know how to use weapon hyperarmor.
Meanwhile entire DS2 meta is built around abusing WR attacks of fast weapons with spinning aimed to glitch the netcode and make startup of a running attack less obvious.

Not to mention that DS2 pvp is nowhere near as visually impressive as BB with its weird weapons with movesets that actually feel powerful and unique.
>>
>>320836398
>webm is basically a whip reskin
Real impressive
>>
>>320836486
Call me when whip in any previous souls games will gain an earth-shattering forward jump attack, running thrusts, headbutt or wrath of the gods on L2, retard.
>>
>>320837006
It's called switching weapons. Real hard, I know...
>>
>>320836486
way to be retarded
>>
>>320836486
>Whip
Yeah, I guess spears are just rapier reskins too huh?
>>
File: 14353628724682.png (160 KB, 568x1023) Image search: [Google]
14353628724682.png
160 KB, 568x1023
>>320837074
>>
>>320831046
You to to the Iron Keep bridge in DS2 if you want to PvP. its the only hotspot or area people use for PvP.

Bell covenant? dead.
Rat covenant? laughably dead because everyone firgued out those were optional areas you can easily bypass.
>blue sentinals? useless in NG. kinda there every blue moon in NG+ onwards. their arena is filled with lvl 500 titans.

So you ether become a dragon dildo or join blood bastards if you want to fight people. Most just go for blood because its easier and you don't have to worry about the other dude chugging estus the entire fight like most dragon dildos do.
>>
>>320837758
>shittiest area with eye-destroying color palette became the pvp spot
even after almost 2 years i still don't understand the reason
>>
File: 6442_28Feb10_Jem2.jpg (15 KB, 500x259) Image search: [Google]
6442_28Feb10_Jem2.jpg
15 KB, 500x259
>SM is bad
>muh meta arbitrary levels
>>
File: 1420052893601.jpg (68 KB, 634x373) Image search: [Google]
1420052893601.jpg
68 KB, 634x373
>>320837453
>>320837215
>>320837006
BB defense force
>n-no pls don't criticize our game
>>
>>320829761
I actually like soul memory, it makes gank squads a thing of the past and lets people level their characters as they wish without having to worry about being effectively locked out of PVP content.

It's not a perfect mechanic, but it does far more good then bad for me.
>>
>>320837758
Honestly a lot of what happened here is that the sotfs edition of the game split the fanbase in two. I used to get lots more pvp and co-op action before that garbage happened.
>>
>>320838875
I remember that DS2 was dead way before the split, is it even worse in SOTFS?
Game died in a few weeks after the release of last DLC and overall disappointment with the reward Vendrick gives you for it.
>>
>>320829497
But I had fun with this version, liked it a lot more than vanilla.
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.