[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who is the best when it comes to adventure games?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7
File: Sierra vs Telltale.jpg (104 KB, 1086x480) Image search: [Google]
Sierra vs Telltale.jpg
104 KB, 1086x480
who is the best when it comes to adventure games?
>>
>here's a trial and error "puzzle" aka unavoidable death on your first go number 53
>oops you accidentally made the game unwinnable :)

vs

>no exploration allowed here's a QTE to advance the story
>your choices matter xD
>>
Sierra obviously

Even the new KQ episode was better than anything TT has put out post Sam and Max.
>>
>>320816575
>point and click studios
>adventure
>>
>>320816780
that is the genre
>>
Sierra definitely
>>
Sierra had some real bullshit, but I'll take that over TT's utterly mediocre stories any day of the fucking week.

LucasArts was the king.
>>
File: fd.jpg (44 KB, 620x332) Image search: [Google]
fd.jpg
44 KB, 620x332
Step aside faggots
>>
File: LucasArts_Logo.jpg (55 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
LucasArts_Logo.jpg
55 KB, 1366x768
>>
>>320817969
but we aren't standing in front of a welfare office.
>>
TT have anything even close to just this one scene?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRx6_RDKWoc
>>
>>320816780
Sierra did great text parser adventures. But keep trying, one day you'll be a successful troll.
>>
>>320817969

Literally all of DF games are underwhelming and boring as shit in the end, only one that had true potential was Brutal Legend and that ended like 30 minutes in.
>>
>>320816575
TTG still makes point and click adventure games?
I thought they moved on to BioWare style talking games with QTEs.
>>
>>320816575

I don't understand why you would include Sierra and not include LA
>>
sierra made NR2003 didnt they
>>
>>320816575
>Sierra
>you can get yourself killed or thrown into unwinnable situations
>good
>>
File: 1449750436849.gif (1 MB, 200x190) Image search: [Google]
1449750436849.gif
1 MB, 200x190
>>320816575

>two companies still beating the dead horse that is Lucas Arts

Nice list faggot
>>
>>320818780

Because it wouldn't be even competition then.
>>
TellTale hasn't made a real adventure game in years.
>>
>>320818948
It teaches you to git gud by kicking you in the dick repeatedly. You a quitter son?
>>
File: 1450135766135.jpg (38 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1450135766135.jpg
38 KB, 500x375
>>320817969

DF, masters of games that get boring less than an hour in.
>>
Rocksteady

Action-adventure
>>
In the last ten years or whatever? Telltale, even though their games are hardly adventure games, just because Sierra hasn't made shit for adventure games in fucking forever.

Historically / overall? Sierra.
>>
>>320819742
I'd pick Sierra over TT over the past 10 years, easily. One company hasn't made anything, the other one has made absolutely disgusting, lazy cash-in garbage that massively devalues the medium and sets us back about 30 years.

I'll never who understand people who think that something terrible is better than nothing. If you had the choice between a boring day where nothing happens, and an interesting day where your arms are bitten off by piranhas, I'm guessing you wouldn't choose the second.
>>
>>320820103
Can you make it into a food analogy, I don't quite follow.
>>
>>320820228
Would you rather eat a bland meal, or dogshit?
>>
>>320820273
Dogshit. It'd be hilarious. People would laugh at and get a load of the guy that eats dogshit. I could stream it and get a fund going as the guy that eats dogshit for money.
>>
File: notetoself delete instantly.png (397 KB, 720x406) Image search: [Google]
notetoself delete instantly.png
397 KB, 720x406
>You Tell Me
>>
File: ags.png (159 KB, 965x714) Image search: [Google]
ags.png
159 KB, 965x714
Sierra made actual adventure games and not "choose your own adventure" virtual comics Telltale is famous for. I did enjoy TWD and Back to the Future games, but even they were very lightweight compared to stuff made by Sierra.
LucasArts was the real nigga in this business and seeing their logo before the game would guarantee 10/10 adventure.

Gladly AGS has made it possible for fans to create their own adventure games so the genre is not completely dead.
>>
lucasarts and sierra, no question.
>>
>>320816575
But Sierra is dead.
>>
>people complaining about deaths when you can save where and when you want

Save early, save often.

The only real bullshit was items that you can miss/use inappropriately etc and make your game unwinnable.
>>
>>320816575

>telltale games

puzzle agent and sam & max were lame.
>>
Sierra need to start making city builders again.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.