[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Colour me impressed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
Colour me impressed
>>
i kinda hoped that it'd be a full CGI movie

the greenscreen scenes look like shit
>>
Orcs dindu nuffin wrong
>>
>>320811410
Full CGI animated like the trailers, my dick would be diamonds
>>
>>320811290
It'd be great if the updated the game to look halfway as decent as the movie. >50% of the game world is stuck in 2001 graphics
>>
>>320811410
>>320813634
It's not a full CGI movie?
What the fuck?
Blizzards has one of the best CGI studios in the world and they don't do it full CGI?
Why?
>>
>>320813742
>hurr why dont video games look like movie CGI
>>
>>320814025
The normies like to see some human actors.
It's the same reason the Transformers movies all had so many human actors despite the fact that everyone went to go see it for the giant robots.
>>
>>320814802
>normies want to see human actors
Is that why the hobbit ditched human orcs for CGI orcs?
Is that why movies like Frozen and Minions are in the top 10 highest grossing movies ever?
People don't know what they want and modern CGI can make people that indistinguishable from reality
>>
>>320814025
>Blizzards has one of the best CGI studios in the world
Not anymore
>>
>>320815334
Why not?
Who's better?
I can only think of Square Visual Works
>>
I'm kinda hoping Duncan Jones nails this movie. I loved his work in Moon and this is a pretty big departure from that.

>tfw your most popular video game franchise will never get a movie adaptation directed by David Bowie's son.
>>
>>320815301
>Is that why the hobbit ditched human orcs for CGI orcs?
When I said humans I meant humans that look like humans.
>Is that why movies like Frozen and Minions are in the top 10 highest grossing movies ever?
Those are cartoon-style CGI. If you're going realistic-style CGI like Warcraft and Transformers, the normies are going to want to see some live-action humans.
>>
>>320814025

It takes their CGI team years to make full cutscenes.

The best example of them taking their sweet fucking time is the fight between Illidan and Arthas in WC3. Remember that shitty in-game render? That was supposed to be a CGI scene but their team still couldn't pull it together in time.

I bet they started working on D3 Act scenes in 2004 to make it on time.
>>
>>320815697
Then make it like this
https://youtu.be/3DRKpF9JaDM
Normies won't be able to tell the difference
>>320815727
How long was this movie in production?
>>
>>320814025
It takes so much fucking time, money and workforce to make a good looking full-CGI scene it's not worth it. They had a team working for months and months just to make that one 4-min trailer. Imagine making a full-feature film like that.
>>
>>320811290
Its going to be shit just like that game.

fucking plebs get off /v/
>>
File: 1447056130644.jpg (36 KB, 393x255) Image search: [Google]
1447056130644.jpg
36 KB, 393x255
>>320811290
>Colour
>u

EVERY. SINGLE. FUCKING. TIME.
>>
>>320811290
>Dalaran in the skies.
>During the First War
>>
File: 1450562451119.png (128 KB, 375x375) Image search: [Google]
1450562451119.png
128 KB, 375x375
>>320817785
>ameriburger
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.