[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CDPR, you better use Souls combat for Cyberpunk 2077
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: tumblr_mp87n6GAoG1r7p3yjo1_500.jpg (229 KB, 500x746) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mp87n6GAoG1r7p3yjo1_500.jpg
229 KB, 500x746
If you don't want Cyberpunk 2077 to be a failure, this is important. Do NOT use Bamham Arkham combat for this game like you did with Witcher 3. That worked for that game because Geralt is supposed to be a powerful character and that combat fits that. Cyberpunk is a different beast altogether. If the protagonist in a cyberpunk setting is powerful, then it isn't cyberpunk, it's just a dark gritty city with random shit in it.

Read this article, it explains, even Deus EX HR failed and isn't actual cyberpunk.
http://www.buzzfeed.com/josephbernstein/the-problem-with-cyberpunk-games

>Without getting too deep into the philosophical and structural underpinnings of noir and cyberpunk, it is crucial, even necessary for the hero to be physically weak; the cyberpunk hero needs to be swimming upstream for the oppositional, punk half of the equation to have any meaning at all.

You fuck this up, the game is ruined. No bamham asscreed combat. The player character should feel weak and helpless against the world around him, not be some power fantasy kung fu weapon master with cybernetics. In fact, the Souls series had great combat that would fit a cyberpunk game perfectly, as the article states:

>In fact, almost all action games (with exceptions like the delightful Dark Souls, which probably comes as close as any game as I can think of to the hopeless spirit of cyberpunk) are empowering.

That is so true.
>>
>>320803172
>http://www.buzzfeed.com/josephbernstein/the-problem-with-cyberpunk-games
>"There is a game coming out that is actually called Cyberpunk 2077, a title that has been accepted at face value but is actually incredibly strange. What if Rockstar had decided to call Red Dead Redemption “Western 1890”?"
HAHAHAHA

These faggots don't know its based off a tabletop game called Cyberpunk 2020

fucking retards
>>
both op and the article are correct, souls games are the only games I've seen action combat actually capture what it's like to feel helpless in a hopeless setting
>>
>>320803383
The title is still retarded. They don't call Dungeons and Dragons "Western Fantasy RPG 1782".
>>
it's gonna have the same combat as witcher 3 but with technology instead of swords. meaning you'll see shit like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsB0ntiRfK0

but with a lightsaber instead of a metal sword
>>
>>320803172
>the cyberpunk hero needs to be swimming upstream for the oppositional, punk half of the equation to have any meaning at all.
Why does it have to be physical though? Sure, Neo was weak outside the Matrix, but inside it he was literally God-like.

He was still fighting a hugely uphill battle, just like you are in Deus Ex HR. You could argue that your actions in HR have absolutely no meaning at all, and that your quest is pointless.
>>
>>320803945
But Neo had to be in a fake world to do all that stuff, outside he'd get the shit kicked out of him. These "cyberpunk" games like Deus Ex and Remember Me have characters doing parkour shit like it's no big deal, being martial arts experts and weapons experts. Watch Bladerunner, Deckard Cain didn't do parkour or kung fu, he was just a man with a gun.
>>
Man I wish CD PR would make the game play like Souls, that would be amazing
>>
File: 1321878863763.jpg (41 KB, 396x360) Image search: [Google]
1321878863763.jpg
41 KB, 396x360
>>
I think Cyberpunk 2077 will be more gun focused tho
>>
>>320804219
Eh I guess. Personally I feel that there is more to cyberpunk than just fighting against impossible odds, but I guess that's just me.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.