[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pokemon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: pokemon-engine.jpg (187 KB, 1118x786) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-engine.jpg
187 KB, 1118x786
Why isn't there an open world Pokemon RPG for consoles?
>>
because they're already open world on handhelds.
I assume you mean an MMO, in which case, fuck no, you can't make a pokemon MMO, it simply wouldn't work, there's not nearly enough customization in pokemon to quench an MMO market.
>>
literally gamefreak
>>
open wolrd is the biggest meme genre aside from rpgs
>>
http://pixelmonmod.com/wiki/index.php?title=Welcome_to_the_Pixelmon_Wiki

As good as you're gonna get.
>>
>Muh Pokemon MMO

Fuck you. When's Pokemon Snap 2? The Wii U was practically fucking made for it.
>>
>>320793316
I really just mean something visually impressive with more depth on a console. I guess you're right that the 3DS games are open world, but you're so limited in where you can go. You basically just follow a set path until the end.
>>
>>320793632
Nintendo doesn't like actually utilizing their gimmicks.
>>
What we need is an open world Pokemon action rpg. Game freak isn't that great of a dev. They did well with their IP, but haven't truly innovated in years and have nothing outside of Pokemon. The one hit wonder of devs
>>
>You will never go on an actual Pokemon adventure.

Imagine Witcher 3 graphics, taking place in a Pokwmon world. You'd see Caterpie's on the trees and think of them as you think of worms in real life. It would be magical.
>>
>>320794227
I agree. Current Pokemon recipe is very safe and profitable. Why risk it with an ambitious project when you aren't a great developer in terms of technical skill?
>>
>>320794705
this, they made that one Tembo the elephant game that bombed on steam, they're nowhere near the level of skill or passion needed to mix it up when kids and autists keep buying the same old stuff every 1~2 years
>>
>>320793094
because that would be the worst fucking thing ever
>>
>>320793094
Because if it turned out well it would devalue their current SP cash cow.
>>
>>320797197
y
>>
>>320793524
>pixelmon
I'm the only one who finds this thing strangely depressing to play?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.